Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I fail to see why you are confused by my post.

Why would they ask who they lost their 2 games to? ESPN could care less they just wanted to do the story on the best team in Eastern KY.

I say again what a game. Both teams gave it their all. Good luck to both teams next season.
ky wildcats Wrote:Go ELLIOTT

umm im pretty sure the gameis over, so what you cheerin for..

Great Season Valley
Both teams were great and represented thier communtines well! But guys while you were argueing who was best Holmes carried home the title. I am a fan of mountian basketball but lets be honest, the longer more athletic teams down state are still hard to beat.
kybaseball Wrote:Why would they ask who they lost their 2 games to? ESPN could care less they just wanted to do the story on the best team in Eastern KY.

I say again what a game. Both teams gave it their all. Good luck to both teams next season.

Best? How did they prove they're the best, because they split a series with the other supposed best team in East KY?
Great season Elliott. You guys put Eastern KY basketball on the map.
Congrats Elliot Co.
Congrats Elliot with your first State Title and hopefully not the last.
j-strong Wrote:Congrats Elliot with your first State Title and hopefully not the last.

???

This was the quarter-finals, not the state finals.
Elliott County was the team from eastern Kentucky that put mountain basketball back on the map. Thanks to them even lesser teams like Valley were able to get some ink. And I for one am glad for them because even my eastern Ky. highschool team benefited from their legacy.
Coffee Can Wrote:Elliott County was the team from eastern Kentucky that put mountain basketball back on the map. Thanks to them even lesser teams like Valley were able to get some ink. And I for one am glad for them because even my eastern Ky. highschool team benefited from their legacy.
Im sorry man but Clay County and Paintsville put Mountain basketball on the map. Not EC.

Also how can anyone in this thread say that either team was better than the other. The first game was won by Valley and had they not missed 11 straight Free throws would have been in convincing fashion went on to WIN the All A,
Then game two EC wins but Devin Adams for Valley was so sick he couldnt even hardly play ( maybe 4 minutes) plus Valley shot horrible and and EC only shot 37 free throws was in the double bonus before the end of the 3rd quarter and Ec wins by 6 big points. Yet Valley fans are content to say yeah we were even, but EC fans are the Ones who are saying they were better, hahahaha whatever

IMO these team are very close but a all healthy Valley team is better than a all healthy EC team.
j-strong Wrote:Congrats Elliot with your first State Title and hopefully not the last.

HAHA. Elliot Co did not win the Title lol
Commanche Wrote:I am not from SV or Elliot county but this is rediculous.

Are you saying Elliott Co. is the same as Morehead, and Valley is the same as Louisville. Is this a joke, it is not poor Elliot County. They won 3rd place in the Beachball Classic and were Ranked in the top 5 all year. They were a great team. They split during the season and are evenly matched whether either team wants to admit. Both had wonderful seasons and played each other to the wire each time. Lets be happy that both schools had great seasons and represented the mountains well.
I wasn't talking about Elliott. I was merely stating that an "All A" state trophy didn't mean as much when you are 2 times bigger than most schools in the tourney. It not so much a place to hang your hat when you beat 2x smaller schools. I too, think both teams are an evenly matched, 5-5 out of 10.
Now What Wrote:Seems any time someone takes a lose "its a game of what ifs". EC won tonight when it mattered, in the big dance. Yes SV won the NIT but no matter what excuses anyone can come up with , they will still be watching the final 4 from the bleachers.
No, they were in the final 4. Someone said earlier EC got 4th place. They didn't get 4th place because West Jessamine and them both lost their games. If anything both teams probably got a 3rd. place trophy, like PC did last year in the girls state tourney.
TheRealVille Wrote:I wasn't talking about Elliott. I was merely stating that an "All A" state trophy didn't mean as much when you are 2 times bigger than most schools in the tourney. It not so much a place to hang your hat when you beat 2x smaller schools. I too, think both teams are an evenly matched, 5-5 out of 10.

If Paintsville would have won it last year, the All-A would have been the S**T!!:moon:
Billnz28 Wrote:Im sorry man but Clay County and Paintsville put Mountain basketball on the map. Not EC.

Also how can anyone in this thread say that either team was better than the other. The first game was won by Valley and had they not missed 11 straight Free throws would have been in convincing fashion went on to WIN the All A,
Then game two EC wins but Devin Adams for Valley was so sick he couldnt even hardly play ( maybe 4 minutes) plus Valley shot horrible and and EC only shot 37 free throws was in the double bonus before the end of the 3rd quarter and Ec wins by 6 big points. Yet Valley fans are content to say yeah we were even, but EC fans are the Ones who are saying they were better, hahahaha whatever

IMO these team are very close but a all healthy Valley team is better than a all healthy EC team.

Elliott is eastern ky team and your right valley could never beat those to mountain teams............... If i recall the all-a timmy knipp was sick then, and you guys from pike stated excuses excuses. I personally wouldnt give you that i win in the all-a but on the big stage of RUPP ARENA were Joe B. Hall once coached said and i quote this is my all time favorite all time high school team................... Were was Valley sittin in sec. 217 or something wishin they were playin sat. morning and then wanting to be the all time favorite high school team but you know what there is all ways next year and maybe you guys can pick up a couple more transfer..
EOE Wrote:If Paintsville would have won it last year, the All-A would have been the S**T!!:moon:
Not to me. But PV is a "true" All A school.
TheRealVille Wrote:Not to me. But PV is a "true" All A school.

Yes and so are we Elliott
Billnz28 Wrote:Im sorry man but Clay County and Paintsville put Mountain basketball on the map. Not EC.

I agree Clay County and Paintsville put Eastern Kentucky on the basketball map. But Elliott county put it BACK on the map and every Eastern Kentucky team has benefited from their success and exsposure even Valley. That is just the truth.
Adams may have hurt depth wise, but really no place for him in that game..
BlueSky Wrote:Adams may have hurt depth wise, but really no place for him in that game..

ouch shelby valley fans will hang you over that comment
ky wildcats Wrote:Elliott is eastern ky team and your right valley could never beat those to mountain teams............... If i recall the all-a timmy knipp was sick then, and you guys from pike stated excuses excuses. I personally wouldnt give you that i win in the all-a but on the big stage of RUPP ARENA were Joe B. Hall once coached said and i quote this is my all time favorite all time high school team................... Were was Valley sittin in sec. 217 or something wishin they were playin sat. morning and then wanting to be the all time favorite high school team but you know what there is all ways next year and maybe you guys can pick up a couple more transfer..
Im not from Pike County, Big guy. Its your opinion as it is mine about who is better they SPLIT THIS YEAR and thats all that matters, EC went one game further but they dont have no hardware same as valley from the sweet 16. EC was probably sitting beside valley in 215 sat. Night. LOL and who cares what Joe B Hall thinks I sure as **** dont.

Didnt hear anything but EC didnt have no legs, they were tired, that why they shot so bad, didnt hear Timmy was sick.
BlueSky Wrote:Adams may have hurt depth wise, but really no place for him in that game..

:lmao:
Was that a class 2a we played and oh by the way wasnt sheldon clark also in the 15th all -a , funny how those things happen in the 15th big guy
The argument will never end! Wink
ky wildcats Wrote:Was that a class 2a we played and oh by the way wasnt sheldon clark also in the 15th all -a , funny how those things happen in the 15th big guy

You shouldnt talk about things you know nothing about. :Thumbs: Just shows that you dont know what your talking about.

ya see the All A isnt khsaa sanctioned event and under touchstone energy guidelines ( ya know the people that host the event) both teams are eligible to play and they were invited. Classes are used in Football and not in Basketball :HitWall: .

Did that clear it up for ya.:moon:
. . . and the beat goes on!!!!

I did think the comment about Joe B. Hall was funny. No one cared what he thought when he coached at UK so why would they care now? LOL!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The argument will never end! Wink

AWWWW, come on man! The only other thing that they have to do is play a game of Rook!!! They sure dont have a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY to polish on. Thats right,and Valley is **** proud of it as we our proud of our boys. By the way a BIG CONGRATZ to the Elliot ballclub and their coach for another outstanding season. What you guys have accomplished in your high school career deserves alot of respect.:notworthy
Enough is enough, anybody that doesn't think EC is a class act you're wrong. I appreciate watching players play with that much intensity. Maybe if we (SV) had the same intensity, we wouldn't be licking our wounds. SV can be just as good next year with hard work and dedication. Our returning players need to know that next year starts now. Prepare, you'll be old men before you know it.
Good Job Shelby Valley! I know you guys played your hearts out! Even the pros have off nights! You all are still number 1 in my heart and always will be! Congratulations Elliott! You all are amazing! I love watching you play! Ethan and Evan, you guys show so much class and I am so proud of the way you conduct yourselves on and off the floor! I'm glad we won't have to play against you all next year because you both are so awesome! I heard one of our AAU coaches say that playing against you over the years is what has made us better players! I wish you both the best of luck in everything you do! After you beat us I was hoping you all would win the whole thing! Both teams should be very proud! I wish the adults on here could show the class and respect that both teams show to each other. Always remember that you are so precious in the eyes of the One Who created you! He loves you unconditionally regardless of how many games you win! Turn to Him for guidance in all that you do and you won't go wrong! Best Wishes for all future endeavors!
mama cat Wrote:Good Job Shelby Valley! I know you guys played your hearts out! Even the pros have off nights! You all are still number 1 in my heart and always will be! Congratulations Elliott! You all are amazing! I love watching you play! Ethan and Evan, you guys show so much class and I am so proud of the way you conduct yourselves on and off the floor! I'm glad we won't have to play against you all next year because you both are so awesome! I heard one of our AAU coaches say that playing against you over the years is what has made us better players! I wish you both the best of luck in everything you do! After you beat us I was hoping you all would win the whole thing! Both teams should be very proud! I wish the adults on here could show the class and respect that both teams show to each other. Always remember that you are so precious in the eyes of the One Who created you! He loves you unconditionally regardless of how many games you win! Turn to Him for guidance in all that you do and you won't go wrong! Best Wishes for all future endeavors!

Awesome post!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10