Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
baller#21 Wrote:ok so the deal on deven adams is he was vomiting since during the mason co game and was sick the whole night and was still throwing up before the elliot co game...he had an IV in him before the game trying to get him to feel a little better so he could play...and the comment about Timmy Knipp taking it to Deven in the 2nd half is just stupid because Deven did not play any in the 2nd half and just a few mins in the first maybe 5 not to sure...yes it would of made a difference if he would have played...he had no energy to post up or try and more to guard Timmy and if he ever tried he would puke which he did just from standing up during a time out while on the bench

I hate to hear he was sick I wondered why he was not in there much but the way Timmy was playing it wouldn't mattered.
kybaseball Wrote:I hate to hear he was sick I wondered why he was not in there much but the way Timmy was playing it wouldn't mattered.

Another opinion statement from you. You don't have many facts do you?
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:You act like Elliot simply blew out SV. THe reason for SV loss was the simply could not hit shots, they were 9 of 33 from the field in the first half. They seemed to never get any offense going. But as far as Elliot winning the state title then I really dont see them beating Holmes. Elliot might have won this match up, but SV beat them in the All "A" and won the championship. If Elliot doesnt beat Holmes or does not win the state, what have they won??? Would you rather have the All "A" state title or a State Final Four??? If they split their meetings 1-1 how can you say one team is better???? Really dont understand your thinking.
I would rather go farther in the state tournament than win the All A.

I never said it wasn't a close game or that Shelby Valley wasn't a good team. Why did they go 9-33 from the field in the first half? Its not like they were out there on the court by themselves.

I picked Holmes to beat Elliott County and they did. Just because I think one team is better doesn't mean I don't like the other team or think they are bad.
FBALL Wrote:I would rather go farther in the state tournament than win the All A.

I never said it wasn't a close game or that Shelby Valley wasn't a good team. Why did they go 9-33 from the field in the first half? Its not like they were out there on the court by themselves.

I picked Holmes to beat Elliott County and they did. Just because I think one team is better doesn't mean I don't like the other team or think they are bad.

So then you'd probably also like to go farther in the region than win district right?
dortonite Wrote:I want to congratulate Elliott County on their win and not bash any team or fan. Shelby Valley and Elliott County represented their family, team and community very well. I am sorry the seniors on both team ended their careers without winning it all (I just listened to Holmes beating EC). Both teams and players are very special, thanks for the memories.
That is the best post on this entire thread.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So then you'd probably also like to go farther in the region than win district right?
Yes.
how would it not of mattered? if Deven and Curby was able to sub in and out like normally and both be fresh it would have made a difference sorry to tell you that...Timmy has no sub that can come in for him besides #40 who only played maybe 3 mins...Timmy got wore out and Curby got wore out cause no one could sub in for him at that time
PC_You_Know Wrote:Another opinion statement from you. You don't have many facts do you?

Why do you care since you are no longer involved with SV and did not care who won the game?:lmao:

I do know this Elliott has won 2 out of the last 3 meetings no matter how much if and butts some can come up with that's a fact. :Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:Why do you care since you are no longer involved with SV and did not care who won the game?:lmao:

I do know this Elliott has won 2 out of the last 3 meetings no matter how much if and butts some can come up with that's a fact. :Thumbs:
Maybe in next seasons schedule, there should be a home/away series between the two schools to see who wins the most out of 5, what do you think?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Maybe in next seasons schedule, there should be a home/away series between the two schools to see who wins the most out of 5, what do you think?

That still wouldn't change the fact that this Elliott team beat SV two out of three times now would it?
I attended this one. It was a great and hard fought game. I thought Ferguson made the clutch shots when Elliott needed them most to put away Valley. Justice had a wonderful performance, but the other players just couldn't get it going.

Congrats Elliott!
kybaseball Wrote:That still wouldn't change the fact that this Elliott team beat SV two out of three times now would it?
No the same two teams. Might be the same Elliott Co team, but not the same Shelby Valley team. So how can you say that? The majority of the Shelby Valley team that you are talking about will be seniors next year. So I think it would be safe to say if they have a home away series next year, it will be Shelby Vally 3 wins, and Elliott Co. 2 wins. Either way, THIS years team split 1 game to 1 game. Like I said in my prediction thread, this one could have went either way. The two teams are as close to even as you can get two teams from two regions to be. Both had good seasons. Now, need to take a week or two off and start back in open gym getting ready for next years showdowns.
FBALL Wrote:I would rather go farther in the state tournament than win the All A.
All the SV fans want to hang their hat on this "All A" title, it isn't such a feat considering you are a 2A school that beat a bunch of 1A schools. When you get down to 300 some odd students instead of just about 600, then brag on the "All A" title. When a 2x bigger school wins, it makes it a little less of an accomplishment. To me, making the final 4 in the "Big Show" is a little higher up there.
Congrats to Elliot on the victory and to SV on a great season. I knew this game would be close and a toss up and I honestly feel that these two teams would split a series regardless of how many times they played. I watched both games these two played and, in the first Elliot wasn't hitting and in the second SV wasn't hitting.

Best of luck to all the seniors in all future endevors.
TheRealVille Wrote:All the SV fans want to hang their hat on this "All A" title, it isn't such a feat considering you are a 2A school that beat a bunch of 1A schools. When you get down to 300 some odd students instead of just about 600, then brag on the "All A" title. When a 2x bigger school wins, it makes it a little less of an accomplishment. To me, making the final 4 in the "Big Show" is a little higher up there.

You're in the wrong thread bro, this is the basketball thread, where there are NO classes, have fun with that one.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Maybe in next seasons schedule, there should be a home/away series between the two schools to see who wins the most out of 5, what do you think?

No way that could happen, because then SV fans would be using old information and they wouldn't have beaten the same Elliott County team.
kybaseball Wrote:Why do you care since you are no longer involved with SV and did not care who won the game?:lmao:

That's correct, I don't care who won, but I do care about you people coming on here running your mouth saying you're better when all you did was split a 2 game series and have no trophy to show for the win, only a split to show for it.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're in the wrong thread bro, this is the basketball thread, where there are NO classes, have fun with that one.

The All "A" has doubled in teams over the last 10 years. Use to the All "A" consisted of the same teams that were Class A in football. It won't be long and teams like Louisville Central etc. will be playin in the All "A". It's not a true All "A" like it use to be.
They did split 1-1 this year but I would rather be the one last.
I would like to say Congrats to SV on a great season, Bryant, Tackett and Adams will be truly miss, Im looking forward to next season as well. Tyler newsome steped up and had a decent game but still fell short of the win. EC was the better team last night, plain and simple. But in all honest if they had a seris of 10 I think they would spilt 5-5 in all honestly. Both teams are very very good and we(mountain suporters) should be very proud of both teams. Let me just add EC #1, very classy player to help justice up and shake his hand at the free throw line. Very great player and class A Act. I know EC just got beat by Holmes so there goes all the mountain teams. Again congrats to both teams on a very great year. Both teams very even. wouldnt it be great to have a seris of 3 when the State Tourny is over between EC and SV, both schools could make plently of money of this, but will never happen. Congrats to both teams, and to all seniors on EC and SV's team. Heck of a season to both!!
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm telling you, a lot of the Elliott fans on here need to learn how to win with class. After the game last night, I had planned on rooting for Elliott to win the whole thing, but after reading some of the arrogant posts on here I changed my mind.

I think all the press clippings and ESPN stories have gone to a lot of the EC fans' heads. Not the players, mind you, they seem to be class acts. But the fans think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and are so arrogant that they can't admit when another team is just as good as theirs is.

What happened two years ago is ancient history. This is a totally different SV team, and this version of SV split two games with the almighty Elliott County. That, my friends, is considered a draw. Why can't you EC fans get off your high horse and admit that SV is your equal?

I'm not out here crowing that my team is SO much better than EC. I'll say that if they played 10 games, they would split them 5-5. But to even imply that SV might be just as good as EC is heresy to some of you.
Win with class??????????? I swear I didn't even get through the first 2 sentences! Valley's fans are the most arrogant, condescending, bragging fans on this board.........Why in **** do you think everyone in the 15th besides the valley fans were rooting for Elliott????????? Hello pot, I'm kettle.
Im a die hard Valley fan, but if these teams were to play 10 times itd be split down the middle. We constantly get downed for saying we are better. This season we proved we was better or at least even with every team we played. Its awful we get critized for cheering for our team and being proud of them sure sometimes some may take it over board, but from what I seen most are probly high school kids wanting to stir the pot. These teams split the season series 1-1. Dont matter who won what trophy it's split. EVEN TEAMS!
Notorious Wrote:Im a die hard Valley fan, but if these teams were to play 10 times itd be split down the middle. We constantly get downed for saying we are better. This season we proved we was better or at least even with every team we played. Its awful we get critized for cheering for our team and being proud of them sure sometimes some may take it over board, but from what I seen most are probly high school kids wanting to stir the pot. These teams split the season series 1-1. Dont matter who won what trophy it's split. EVEN TEAMS!
I agree with this post 100%. The two teams are very evenly matched. If they played 10 times, which ever team had a littlel down spot in their game would lose, the other would win. It was a good matchup and a good game to watch.
NYY10 Wrote:I would like to say Congrats to SV on a great season, Bryant, Tackett and Adams will be truly miss, Im looking forward to next season as well. Tyler newsome steped up and had a decent game but still fell short of the win. EC was the better team last night, plain and simple. But in all honest if they had a seris of 10 I think they would spilt 5-5 in all honestly. Both teams are very very good and we(mountain suporters) should be very proud of both teams. Let me just add EC #1, very classy player to help justice up and shake his hand at the free throw line. Very great player and class A Act. I know EC just got beat by Holmes so there goes all the mountain teams. Again congrats to both teams on a very great year. Both teams very even. wouldnt it be great to have a seris of 3 when the State Tourny is over between EC and SV, both schools could make plently of money of this, but will never happen. Congrats to both teams, and to all seniors on EC and SV's team. Heck of a season to both!!
My thoughts exactly. :Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Tell me something, if you all don't win state, what does the win over Valley get you, nothing. No need to bicker over this anymore.

well lets see 4 starterts at 6'2 and one at 6'6 ....and SV had a center at 6'10...c-mon they never used the big guy, what a joke....thats why they lost the state championship....
:flame:
letthebighogroot Wrote:Win with class??????????? I swear I didn't even get through the first 2 sentences! Valley's fans are the most arrogant, condescending, bragging fans on this board.........Why in **** do you think everyone in the 15th besides the valley fans were rooting for Elliott????????? Hello pot, I'm kettle.

so true so true....even P-burg people backin them lol....
Recznik Wrote:well lets see 4 starterts at 6'2 and one at 6'6 ....and SV had a center at 6'10...c-mon they never used the big guy, what a joke....thats why they lost the state championship....
:flame:

He was sick. Ask his dad why he didn't play, he'll fill you in.
PC_You_Know Wrote:No need for a response to this, because I really don't want anything started about media hype and all that hoopla, but I wonder if next year Shelby Valley's team will get half of the exposure that Elliott got this year with all the articles and so on.
There could have been an article every week in Sports Illustrated, highlights on ESPN nightly and it would have been pale in comparison as the way you have personally hyped SV this whole season all by yourself. You have truely run it in the ground and have been arrogant and obnoxious in the process. I dont know how you could have the nerve to even bring it up.

Again remember you could care less if they win or lose, you dont have anything to do with them anymore.
So, Devan Adams was sick?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:What was he in, a beauty pageant? I believe it is Mr. Basketball.

I know who PC_You_Know is and it definitely isn't B.H. Way off base! I believe he is a little past college age and PC_You_Know attends Pikeville College.

well he needs to re-evaluate him self when it comes to basketball in the state of Kentucky....I've seen the best play and SV was no challenge...I'm not a hater...I know what it takes to be a state championship winner....EJ wasn't going to do it and next year he won't either unless they score a big guy...Or have 3 guys equivalant to EJ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10