Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NYY10 Wrote:Who won the 1st game, Who had a trophy and all the other team has is memories. Who won first or who won second is a bunch of crap and so is FBALL's response saying he would rather go far in Region Play or Sweet 16 then to have a All A Trophy.. Seriously, great real. If Elliot Co would have the trophy this would be a whole lot different. and you all know it, Just let it go. They are evenly match.. Gaw... trying to convince you is like getting a duck to talk!!!
Just because you don't agree doesn't mean that someone elses opinion is a bunch of crap.

Every teams goal at the start of the season is to advance as far as possible and hopefully win a championship. The longer you play the more successful the season IMO. So yes losing in the district but going farther in the region would be more successful to me.

I didn't say I would like being a district runner up. But the farther you advance the better the season.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:First off...........congrats Elliot County.....You were a very good team.
Now let's talk about what happened....SV had a terrible shooting night in the second round of the state tournament. Not a good time to do that and they paid for it.But, as the teams were leaving the floor for halftime, the EC coach states on a "Lexington" radio station that SV was beating his "boys" to death with the press. By the end of the third quarter, SV was already over 10 team fouls and EC had either 3 or 5. The "better" team didn't win, just the one with more points and breaks. The KHSAA knows a good ticket selling story when they hear it and they didn't want the "cinderella/hoosiers" story to end so quick.And our shooting didn't help.The EC fans saw the same game as everyone else and whether they want to admit it or not, they saw the biased calls. But that's nothing new to SV or the state tournament. In Feb.,we beat EC and a very good Bardstown team and brought home a "state championship"; last night you "beat" us and..........well, nothing to add here.
Once again....congrats to the EC team on their season and the win...You boys are a class act.Hopefully you will rub off on some of your fans.

Good Lord people. A loss is a loss. No it is conspiracies that the KHSAA took control at halftime to sell more tickets.

Yes I'm sure there was a guy in a dark suit listening to the halftime radio broadcast that went straight to the game officials and told them to make sure Elliott County won. Thats a pretty realistic view of it.

Here is an alternate theory. Its way out there but maybe this is what happened. Elliott County out played Shelby Valley and the officials called the fouls that were committed by the team that was scrambling around trying to catch up. I know that sounds strange but it is possible.

Oh well, I'm sure it was big brothers fault that Shelby Valley lost. Has to be.
Who's better I'm not sure. The only thing I am sure of is the fact that Shelby Valley is Elliott's sweet sixteen whipping boy.
SV may be bigger than some of the schools who played in it, but not the biggest.

Henry Co 652
Edmonson Co 633
Shawnee 600
SV 596
Danville 550
Bardstown 536
Murray 526
NCC 480
Clinton Co 453
Lexington Ch 429
Lyon Co 337
Elliott Co 332
Hazard 312
Calvary Ch 192
Whitefield Ac 185
Pineville 175

These are the KHSAA averages from a two year period.

So SV beat the largest school in it, 2 just smaller, and Elliott which is considerably smaller. Funny how teams have to now apologize for winning. SV is not a large school by any means. Of the 16 teams in it (based on football classes like everyone wants to do), 2 don't have football (Elliott Co., Lyon Co.) 6 are 1A(Lex. Ch., Cal. Ch., Pineville, Whitefield Ac., Clinton Co., Hazard), 5 are 2A (Danville, Murray, NCC, SV, and Bardstown), and 3 are 3A (Edmonson Co., Shawnee, and Henry Co.). SV really bullied the bigger teams didn't they?
It is amazing how people act on here. I am a big SV fan but I cheered for EC to win it all after they beat SV. I wanted a mountain to bring home the title. Some of you guys just want to argue. The bottom line is Holmes is the only team in Ky. to win their last game. Great job to both teams. The players from both teams get along great why cant the fans? Maybe the 2 teams should schedule each other every year, sounds like a good rivalry.
FBALL Wrote:Good Lord people. A loss is a loss. No it is conspiracies that the KHSAA took control at halftime to sell more tickets.

Yes I'm sure there was a guy in a dark suit listening to the halftime radio broadcast that went straight to the game officials and told them to make sure Elliott County won. Thats a pretty realistic view of it.

Here is an alternate theory. Its way out there but maybe this is what happened. Elliott County out played Shelby Valley and the officials called the fouls that were committed by the team that was scrambling around trying to catch up. I know that sounds strange but it is possible.

Oh well, I'm sure it was big brothers fault that Shelby Valley lost. Has to be.

After thinking about it, I have to say you are right.My guess is that Coach Booher told them at halftime to go out there and foul the **** out of them and win the freethrow shooting contest. I'm sure none of the officials or sanctioning organizations listen to the media or hear what a coach says over the airwaves. And you are right, "big brother" had nothing to do with SV losing that game. Shelby Valley was beat by the best team in the tournament........
themselves.
ps- never did hear where they are going to hang their hats????
new o Wrote:It is amazing how people act on here. I am a big SV fan but I cheered for EC to win it all after they beat SV. I wanted a mountain to bring home the title. Some of you guys just want to argue. The bottom line is Holmes is the only team in Ky. to win their last game. Great job to both teams. The players from both teams get along great why cant the fans? Maybe the 2 teams should schedule each other every year, sounds like a good rivalry.

:rockon:
Congrats EC!
I had a feeling coming into this one that Valley wouldn't win it.

Elisha did a lot on his own, aside from Tyler Newsome, no one really made big plays that where needed for Valley to win this game. I also didn't understand the zone defense against Elliott County either. I would have defiantly played a man because Elliott had way too many open looks and they started falling in clutch situations.

I would love to see Ferguson (Elliott Co.), Morrison (Central), and Middleton (Mason Co.) in a 3-point shooting contest.
letthebighogroot Wrote:This debate goes back to the first meeting at Rupp, which makes it 2 outta 3 for Elliott. And I think I speak for all EC fans when I say, I wouldn't trade Sat. morning in Rupp for a dozen all A titles, and if truth was known you wouldn't either.
How many years will it be before Elliott gets back to Rupp in your opionion?
Warlock Wrote:How many years will it be before Elliott gets back to Rupp in your opionion?
Maybe never.

That was a once in a lifetime group to go through a school that small and isolated.
I don't know what all has already been said because I didn't feel like reading through 225 posts. But it's not hard to lose a game when you shoot 24-73 from the field. People can say what they want about the refs and the officiating and the foul shooting. Valley couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a grain of rice. I was all for Valley winning, but their shots just weren't falling. Same thing happened to Hazard on Wednesday. Not really a whole that you can do. Valley had a great season and I fully expect them to be back in Rupp next season.
FBALL Wrote:Maybe never.

That was a once in a lifetime group to go through a school that small and isolated.
IF they do make it back, it won't be for a LONG LONG time. Their coach had been their 28 years, and the main corp of this team had been together since what, 4th-5th grade? This was a very special team that not only Elliot County, but the entire state embraced. What a run they had though!
Great game by both teams, neither has anything to hang their head about. Elliott county had a great few seasons out of this Senior class, and Valley still has next year to make some more noise.
:biggrin:
Warlock Wrote:How many years will it be before Elliott gets back to Rupp in your opionion?

I don't know how many years, but I hope Valley makes it when they do. They seem to have Valley's number at Rupp.
NYY10 Wrote:Who won the 1st game, Who had a trophy and all the other team has is memories. Who won first or who won second is a bunch of crap and so is FBALL's response saying he would rather go far in Region Play or Sweet 16 then to have a All A Trophy.. Seriously, great real. If Elliot Co would have the trophy this would be a whole lot different. and you all know it, Just let it go. They are evenly match.. Gaw... trying to convince you is like getting a duck to talk!!!

A trophy for only selected schools. How is winning the last most important game a bunch of crap? FBALL response was spot on and so is who won the last game. I am not taking away from the Fact SV won the trophy.No I will not let the fact Elliott is better GO and I'm not the one that needs to GET REAL trying to argue otherwise. QUACK QUACK.:biggrin:
Why s everyone still, arguing over this game? The winner of this game went on to lose in the final 4. This game, in the end, meant nothing. These two teams battled it out twice this year and they each won a game against the other team, doesn't really matter when because neither of the teams won the Sweet 16. Both had great teams, too bad this was Elliott's last run for a while.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Why s everyone still, arguing over this game? The winner of this game went on to lose in the final 4. This game, in the end, meant nothing. These two teams battled it out twice this year and they each won a game against the other team, doesn't really matter when because neither of the teams won the Sweet 16. Both had great teams, too bad this was Elliott's last run for a while.

I can agree on this!!
Well at least now I know that the reason MOST Elliott supporters had no class before Friday's game had nothing to do with the loss in the All-A. They are just as annoying and condescending in victory as they are in defeat. I am as die hard Valley as it gets and I can open my eyes ant see that these two teams could play 100 times and it would be close to 50-50. If a couple close calls go the other way on Friday night Valley is 2-0 against Elliott, but I can still see that they are even. 1 win for Valley, 1 win for Elliott, hard to be any more even that that.

Also, there is no way that I would trade the All-A state title for a loss to Holmes in the semi finals of the big show. That's just ridiculous. Competitive people love to win and its obvious that both Elliott's and Valley's players and respective fan bases are very competitive. I'm sorry but losing in the semi-finals is still losing. It felt good to know that SV eliminated all 125 schools that were playing for the All-A state crown. I guess I just see it this way: SV has huge trophy that says All-A STATE CHAMPIONS and Elliott didn't receive any hardware for the effort. I'm glad the Elliott fans say they wouldn't trade their final four trophy for the All-A State title, that would be a bad trade for us... we would be giving up a huge trophy and an All-A state title banner and we would be getting nothing. Does that sound like a good trade to you?
InstantOffense Wrote:Well at least now I know that the reason MOST Elliott supporters had no class before Friday's game had nothing to do with the loss in the All-A. They are just as annoying and condescending in victory as they are in defeat. I am as die hard Valley as it gets and I can open my eyes ant see that these two teams could play 100 times and it would be close to 50-50. If a couple close calls go the other way on Friday night Valley is 2-0 against Elliott, but I can still see that they are even. 1 win for Valley, 1 win for Elliott, hard to be any more even that that.

Also, there is no way that I would trade the All-A state title for a loss to Holmes in the semi finals of the big show. That's just ridiculous. Competitive people love to win and its obvious that both Elliott's and Valley's players and respective fan bases are very competitive. I'm sorry but losing in the semi-finals is still losing. It felt good to know that SV eliminated all 125 schools that were playing for the All-A state crown. I guess I just see it this way: SV has huge trophy that says All-A STATE CHAMPIONS and Elliott didn't receive any hardware for the effort. I'm glad the Elliott fans say they wouldn't trade their final four trophy for the All-A State title, that would be a bad trade for us... we would be giving up a huge trophy and an All-A state title banner and we would be getting nothing. Does that sound like a good trade to you?

It sounds to me like Shelby Valley has a lot more at stake in this argument.
InstantOffense Wrote:Well at least now I know that the reason MOST Elliott supporters had no class before Friday's game had nothing to do with the loss in the All-A. They are just as annoying and condescending in victory as they are in defeat. I am as die hard Valley as it gets and I can open my eyes ant see that these two teams could play 100 times and it would be close to 50-50. If a couple close calls go the other way on Friday night Valley is 2-0 against Elliott, but I can still see that they are even. 1 win for Valley, 1 win for Elliott, hard to be any more even that that.

Some more of the pot calling the kettle black.:please:

At the time ov EC'S victory over SV of course any team would trade the ALL A (which was a nice accomplishment but as long as it is being thrown up people will start tearing it down)trophy for the shot to advance in the Sweet 16. I see it this way SV has the trophy but it still kills a lot of fans that Elliott beat them .Elliott may not have the trophy but the do have a nice article done on them from ESPN and gained national notority for what they have accomplished that more than rivals a trophy from the ALL A. I don't mean to be harsh but you could ask just about anybody who Elliott was and they knew you say SV and they say who?????If these two teams play 100 times Elliott wins a 60/40 split. Both teams are very good SV no doubt will be knocking on the door at Rupp next year Elliott more than likely is done for awhile.
kybaseball Wrote:Some more of the pot calling the kettle black.:please:

At the time ov EC'S victory over SV of course any team would trade the ALL A (which was a nice accomplishment but as long as it is being thrown up people will start tearing it down)trophy for the shot to advance in the Sweet 16. I see it this way SV has the trophy but it still kills a lot of fans that Elliott beat them .Elliott may not have the trophy but the do have a nice article done on them from ESPN and gained national notority for what they have accomplished that more than rivals a trophy from the ALL A. I don't mean to be harsh but you could ask just about anybody who Elliott was and they knew you say SV and they say who?????If these two teams play 100 times Elliott wins a 60/40 split. Both teams are very good SV no doubt will be knocking on the door at Rupp next year Elliott more than likely is done for awhile.
Is Elliott going to put that copy of ESPN magazine in their trophy case? Are they at least going to black out the parts where it was quoted that anything less than a state championship would be considered disappointing?
This has been an entertaining read to say the least.

It sounds like to me that instead of EC and SV supporters bikering about "Who was the best?" they should have been arguing why the KHSAA shouldn't push for class championships.

All this debate is over in the end is who is the least irrelevant.
This thread has become nothing but bickering between SV and Elliot folks.

Please stay on topic of the game.

If you don't have anything to ADD to the thread, move on to baseball or softball.
Warlock Wrote:Is Elliott going to put that copy of ESPN magazine in their trophy case? Are they at least going to black out the parts where it was quoted that anything less than a state championship would be considered disappointing?

They might.:thatsfunn

Both teams did put on a heck of a show with this game.Both sides can agree on that. I wonder if there was a more anticapated game in the whole tournament?
kybaseball Wrote:Some more of the pot calling the kettle black.:please:

Do you know why none of those outsiders who read the article know who Shelby Valley is, it's because ESPN failed to mention who Elliott's 2 losses were to. If you're going to brag about only having two losses, come out and say who those teams were that you lost to. I'm sure Shelby Valley would have gained some exposure had these fans looking in from the outside had known they were one of the two teams to have taken down Elliott in the season.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Do you know why none of those outsiders who read the article know who Shelby Valley is, it's because ESPN failed to mention who Elliott's 2 losses were to. If you're going to brag about only having two losses, come out and say who those teams were that you lost to. I'm sure Shelby Valley would have gained some exposure had these fans looking in from the outside had known they were one of the two teams to have taken down Elliott in the season.

What?::thatsfunn

Anyways back to the game Did both teams play man to man the whole game or did either one of them mix a little zone in?
kybaseball Wrote:What?::thatsfunn

Anyways back to the game Did both teams play man to man the whole game or did either one of them mix a little zone in?

I fail to see why you are confused by my post.
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't name anything, other than the size of the schools does indeed make a difference. It wasn't that big of an accomplishment for UofL to beat Morehead, but it would have been a big deal for the smaller school to beat UofL. It's the same concept. Whether or not Touchstone allows big schools in or not makes no difference in the world. When a school twice the size of the other schools wins, it isn't the same as when two equal size schools compete.

I am not from SV or Elliot county but this is rediculous.

Are you saying Elliott Co. is the same as Morehead, and Valley is the same as Louisville. Is this a joke, it is not poor Elliot County. They won 3rd place in the Beachball Classic and were Ranked in the top 5 all year. They were a great team. They split during the season and are evenly matched whether either team wants to admit. Both had wonderful seasons and played each other to the wire each time. Lets be happy that both schools had great seasons and represented the mountains well.
Go ELLIOTT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10