Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Recznik Wrote:well he needs to re-evaluate him self when it comes to basketball in the state of Kentucky....I've seen the best play and SV was no challenge...I'm not a hater...I know what it takes to be a state championship winner....EJ wasn't going to do it and next year he won't either unless they score a big guy...Or have 3 guys equivalant to EJ...

I'm not arguing with you. I think PC_You_Know is 99% of the cause of why some people on here don't root for SV.

I am just saying that you shouldn't call out Hundley because I know this is not him.

SV will be very good next year, but with little room for error. They will have to really develop some help off the bench. Mark it down, Elisha will be even better next year. If everyone else worked as hard as he does, they would all improve quite a bit.

It's also going a little overboard saying SV was no challenge. Just ask Elliott and they were quite a challenge for Holmes who is now the state champion. SV may not be state champs, but they were definitely a contender.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm not arguing with you. I think PC_You_Know is 99% of the cause of why some people on here don't root for SV.

I am just saying that you shouldn't call out Hundley because I know this is not him.

SV will be very good next year, but with little room for error. They will have to really develop some help off the bench. Mark it down, Elisha will be even better next year. If everyone else worked as hard as he does, they would all improve quite a bit.

It's also going a little overboard saying SV was no challenge. Just ask Elliott and they were quite a challenge for Holmes who is now the state champion. SV may not be state champs, but they were definitely a contender.
Agree
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's correct, I don't care who won, but I do care about you people coming on here running your mouth saying you're better when all you did was split a 2 game series and have no trophy to show for the win, only a split to show for it.

Well the kettle is calling the pot black.You run your mouth on here more than anybody. By the way it's 2-1 Elliott.:lmao:

The teams are close I'll grant that but Elliott is still a better overall team and they just proved it like I said they would.
How are you all saying EC proved they are the better team. They spilt the season at 1-1. The win a few years back at Rupp was with a whole different Valley team. WHICH MAKES IT EVEN... facts are fact. They are truly even, no team has the upper hand, and since EC lost a bunch of seniors I would say the comparison (sp) of the two are over for NOW. A seris spilt one and one, I dont think it can get much clear then that!!!
People can say what they want. I am completely non-biased about this game, I mean yea I rooted for Elliott but I believe the bottom line is Elliott is the better TEAM. Justice is great but he has to do way to much for his team to even compete. Elliott is very balanced. If someone has a off night, someone is there to step up and take over. People can say what they want but Elliott also shot the ball badly. Great game and I believe was the most entertaining game of the tournament, besides the champ game. Both fans should accept the results. But I believe Elliott is the better overall team.
15thRegionX Wrote:People can say what they want. I am completely non-biased about this game, I mean yea I rooted for Elliott but I believe the bottom line is Elliott is the better TEAM. Justice is great but he has to do way to much for his team to even compete. Elliott is very balanced. If someone has a off night, someone is there to step up and take over. People can say what they want but Elliott also shot the ball badly. Great game and I believe was the most entertaining game of the tournament, besides the champ game. Both fans should accept the results. But I believe Elliott is the better overall team.

Way to cheer for your fellow 15th region team. no suport at all:dontthink
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That amazing team is from Covington, not Louisville.

lol sorry about that late night last night thanks for the correction...:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:If Shelby Valley gets behind and has to start fouling in the fourth quarter then they would shoot 37 free throws every time.
First off...........congrats Elliot County.....You were a very good team.
Now let's talk about what happened....SV had a terrible shooting night in the second round of the state tournament. Not a good time to do that and they paid for it.But, as the teams were leaving the floor for halftime, the EC coach states on a "Lexington" radio station that SV was beating his "boys" to death with the press. By the end of the third quarter, SV was already over 10 team fouls and EC had either 3 or 5. The "better" team didn't win, just the one with more points and breaks. The KHSAA knows a good ticket selling story when they hear it and they didn't want the "cinderella/hoosiers" story to end so quick.And our shooting didn't help.The EC fans saw the same game as everyone else and whether they want to admit it or not, they saw the biased calls. But that's nothing new to SV or the state tournament. In Feb.,we beat EC and a very good Bardstown team and brought home a "state championship"; last night you "beat" us and..........well, nothing to add here.
Once again....congrats to the EC team on their season and the win...You boys are a class act.Hopefully you will rub off on some of your fans.
FBALL Wrote:Probably the least biased.

Yes I started the thread. Glad to do it. I don't hate Shelby Valley.

Sorry but an All-A title is nowhere close to a State Title. You can hang your hat on that if you wish but Elliott County did win on the big stage.

So where you guys gonna hang your hats.......If the All-A isn't such a big deal, then why were you even there?:please:
letthebighogroot Wrote:This debate goes back to the first meeting at Rupp, which makes it 2 outta 3 for Elliott. And I think I speak for all EC fans when I say, I wouldn't trade Sat. morning in Rupp for a dozen all A titles, and if truth was known you wouldn't either.

I'll bet you would trade this Saturday morning for that one All-A trophy that we have.:moon:
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm not arguing with you. I think PC_You_Know is 99% of the cause of why some people on here don't root for SV.

Seriously? 99%? I guess it's because I bash so many players and talk down about so many teams.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Seriously? 99%? I guess it's because I bash so many players and talk down about so many teams.

You just dont get it, do you?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Seriously? 99%? I guess it's because I bash so many players and talk down about so many teams.

Probably not that much, but you are the main reason. It is your right though. It is not because you bash other teams and players, but because you mention SV or Elisha in almost every thread and talk them up so much. Do you seriously not realize that almost every fan of other teams says the same thing and almost always only about you? I think it is great to support your team, but I just think you are way too overboard.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Probably not that much, but you are the main reason. It is your right though. It is not because you bash other teams and players, but because you mention SV or Elisha in almost every thread and talk them up so much. Do you seriously not realize that almost every fan of other teams says the same thing and almost always only about you? I think it is great to support your team, but I just think you are way too overboard.

May go overboard, agree with you there, but I didn't think that would be a problem with people as long as I'm not bashing teams and players like some do on this site, i.e. Zulu.
PC_You_Know Wrote:May go overboard, agree with you there, but I didn't think that would be a problem with people as long as I'm not bashing teams and players like some do on this site, i.e. Zulu.

I agree, but to some you are SV's Zulu. I don't think you mean to, but your posts just come across that way to a lot of people. Believe me, it takes everything in me to not respond to every crazy post by Zulu. He just says things to get people riled up and I don't think that is what you do. I think you really are supporting SV, but it just seems like your posts are over the top. I'm not trying to be rude or act like I know more than you, but I think SV would get a lot more respect on here if you didn't post like you do.
15thRegionX Wrote:People can say what they want. I am completely non-biased about this game, I mean yea I rooted for Elliott but I believe the bottom line is Elliott is the better TEAM. Justice is great but he has to do way to much for his team to even compete. Elliott is very balanced. If someone has a off night, someone is there to step up and take over. People can say what they want but Elliott also shot the ball badly. Great game and I believe was the most entertaining game of the tournament, besides the champ game. Both fans should accept the results. But I believe Elliott is the better overall team.

That sums it up...I think EC is a better team i have seen both teams play. SV relies on justice to much... To me thats their only player.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Probably not that much, but you are the main reason. It is your right though. It is not because you bash other teams and players, but because you mention SV or Elisha in almost every thread and talk them up so much. Do you seriously not realize that almost every fan of other teams says the same thing and almost always only about you? I think it is great to support your team, but I just think you are way too overboard.

I FOR ONE AGREE
KHSAA Basketball - Game Box Score
Elliott County Lions vs. Shelby Valley Wildcats
Date: 03/22/2007 Time: 6:30 pm EST Site: Rupp Arena-Lexington, KY Attendance: N

Visitors: Shelby Valley Wildcats
## Name P FG 3 Pt FT PTS ORB DRB TR PF AST TO BS ST MIN
3 * Elisha Justice 2/4 1/2 1/2 6 1 4 5 3 1 3 0 2 31:38
5 Kolt Adkins 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:29
10 * Logan Bryant 2/5 0/1 2/2 6 0 4 4 5 2 5 0 1 16:42
11 Kyle Goodson 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
12 * Ashley Hatfield 1/7 0/0 0/0 2 0 2 2 5 2 3 2 1 18:00
14 Lucas Simpkins 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:29
15 * Taylor Newsome 0/2 0/0 0/0 0 0 2 2 5 0 1 0 1 14:18
20 Jonah Justice 5/11 0/2 2/2 12 1 7 8 4 2 0 0 1 24:54
22 Tyler Newsome 0/0 0/0 2/4 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1:27
24 Toby Wright 1/3 1/3 0/0 3 0 4 4 3 0 1 0 1 13:11
32 * Jacob Bryant 9/12 0/1 0/3 18 1 1 2 5 2 3 0 0 20:19
33 Jeremy Jackson 2/6 2/6 0/0 6 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 16:16
42 Curby Tackett 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1:37
2 Colton Damron 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:20
23 Tanner Tackett 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:20
Team 1 0 1
Totals 22/50 4/15

Complete different team huh
for all the valley fans that said they were a completly different team it on khsaa website
So this makes the score 2-1 ELLIOTT
lawrence LC Wrote:That sums it up...I think EC is a better team i have seen both teams play. SV relies on justice to much... To me thats their only player.

Yes the only player but a very very good player
No. Shelby Valley Wildcats Total FG 3-point Free throw Rebounds F TP A TO BLK STL MIN
FG FGA FG FGA FT FTA Off Def Tot
2 Jacob Robinson 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
3 Elisha Justice 9 28 3 12 4 5 1 6 7 3 25 4 2 0 1 32:00
5 Logan Lucas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:12
10 Logan Bryant 2 7 0 1 3 6 3 7 10 5 7 0 6 1 1 24:01
12 Ashley Hatfield 3 16 2 6 3 3 2 1 3 4 11 1 0 0 1 20:18
15 Taylor Newsome 2 5 0 0 2 2 5 10 15 4 6 3 1 0 0 23:31
24 Tyler Newsome 5 8 3 5 1 1 1 0 1 3 14 1 0 1 1 22:47
42 Curby Tackett 1 5 0 0 0 2 1 1 2 4 2 1 0 0 1 20:26
23 Devan Adams 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 8:59
21 Cody Varney 2 3 0 0 0 2 2 0 2 5 4 2 0 0 1 7:46
22 Rusty Roberts 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
32 Trey Roberts 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
40 Dillon Tackett 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
20 Jonathan Berger 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
33 Christian Bartley 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
Team (Included in Totals) 0 1 1 0
Totals 24 73 8 24 13 21 15 28 43 30 69 12 9 2 6 160

So tell me who if any are different from the 07 team
This was a very bad calling game. I dont care what people say. And Shelby Valley was playing horrible. If they was 100% they could be the state champs. But, stuff happens and that is officially the past now. Maybe next year boys.
NYY10 Wrote:How are you all saying EC proved they are the better team. They spilt the season at 1-1. The win a few years back at Rupp was with a whole different Valley team. WHICH MAKES IT EVEN... facts are fact. They are truly even, no team has the upper hand, and since EC lost a bunch of seniors I would say the comparison (sp) of the two are over for NOW. A seris spilt one and one, I dont think it can get much clear then that!!!

Who won the last game when it all was on the line? Your right it is clear who the better team is. Not by much but still better.
Its usless to argue on here with alot of people. Alot of work goes into off seasons thing change. Last year and this year are two different things. Elliott may have been a better team, Valley may have been a better team. All I am saying is that every one needs to take into consideration that this years teams records are 1-1(please take that into consideration) This debate could not be settled unless they was to play agian and guess what it will never happen. These 2 teams will never grace the floor together agian. These teams play a hundred times and they finish 50-50.
kybaseball Wrote:Who won the last game when it all was on the line? Your right it is clear who the better team is. Not by much but still better.

Who won the 1st game, Who had a trophy and all the other team has is memories. Who won first or who won second is a bunch of crap and so is FBALL's response saying he would rather go far in Region Play or Sweet 16 then to have a All A Trophy.. Seriously, great real. If Elliot Co would have the trophy this would be a whole lot different. and you all know it, Just let it go. They are evenly match.. Gaw... trying to convince you is like getting a duck to talk!!!
NYY10 Wrote:Who won the 1st game, Who had a trophy and all the other team has is memories. Who won first or who won second is a bunch of crap and so is FBALL's response saying he would rather go far in Region Play or Sweet 16 then to have a All A Trophy.. Seriously, great real. If Elliot Co would have the trophy this would be a whole lot different. and you all know it, Just let it go. They are evenly match.. Gaw... trying to convince you is like getting a duck to talk!!!
Yes, really it would be different. EC is a "true" small "A" size school. SV is not. SV is a 2x bigger school than most in that tourney. As was stated before, it isn't associated with KHSAA, so it's not a true "state title". That being said, it is quite an accomplishment to win, if you are a true "A" size school. The accomplishment gets smaller if you are 2x the size of who you beat. What if Holmes had entered and won the "All A"? Would it have been that big of an accomplishment to beat a bunch of "small" schools?
ky wildcats Wrote:No. Shelby Valley Wildcats Total FG 3-point Free throw Rebounds F TP A TO BLK STL MIN
FG FGA FG FGA FT FTA Off Def Tot
2 Jacob Robinson 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
3 Elisha Justice 9 28 3 12 4 5 1 6 7 3 25 4 2 0 1 32:00
5 Logan Lucas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0:12
10 Logan Bryant 2 7 0 1 3 6 3 7 10 5 7 0 6 1 1 24:01
12 Ashley Hatfield 3 16 2 6 3 3 2 1 3 4 11 1 0 0 1 20:18
15 Taylor Newsome 2 5 0 0 2 2 5 10 15 4 6 3 1 0 0 23:31
24 Tyler Newsome 5 8 3 5 1 1 1 0 1 3 14 1 0 1 1 22:47
42 Curby Tackett 1 5 0 0 0 2 1 1 2 4 2 1 0 0 1 20:26
23 Devan Adams 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 8:59
21 Cody Varney 2 3 0 0 0 2 2 0 2 5 4 2 0 0 1 7:46
22 Rusty Roberts 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
32 Trey Roberts 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
40 Dillon Tackett 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
20 Jonathan Berger 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
33 Christian Bartley 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DNP
Team (Included in Totals) 0 1 1 0
Totals 24 73 8 24 13 21 15 28 43 30 69 12 9 2 6 160

So tell me who if any are different from the 07 team
You take Jacob Bryant, Jeremy Jackson and Jonah Justice our leading scorer and 2 leading rebounders.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes, really it would be different. EC is a "true" small "A" size school. SV is not. SV is a 2x bigger school than most in that tourney. As was stated before, it isn't associated with KHSAA, so it's not a true "state title". That being said, it is quite an accomplishment to win, if you are a true "A" size school. The accomplishment gets smaller if you are 2x the size of who you beat. What if Holmes had entered and won the "All A"? Would it have been that big of an accomplishment to beat a bunch of "small" schools?
http://www.khsaa.org can you show me anywhere on that page where it tells what the cut off enrollment for the classes in basketball? Shelden Clark was invited to the All A. They are a 3A team in football, but class A according to the guidlines set forth by Touchstone Energy. They are the sponsers of the tournament, they set the guildlines. If you think the teams invited should go by football classes, then go out and find a sponser a tournament and call it the REAL CLASS A, good luck trying to get the KHSAA to back it like they do the sweet 16.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:http://www.khsaa.org can you show me anywhere on that page where it tells what the cut off enrollment for the classes in basketball? Shelden Clark was invited to the All A. They are a 3A team in football, but class A according to the guidlines set forth by Touchstone Energy. They are the sponsers of the tournament, they set the guildlines. If you think the teams invited should go by football classes, then go out and find a sponser a tournament and call it the REAL CLASS A, good luck trying to get the KHSAA to back it like they do the sweet 16.
I didn't name anything, other than the size of the schools does indeed make a difference. It wasn't that big of an accomplishment for UofL to beat Morehead, but it would have been a big deal for the smaller school to beat UofL. It's the same concept. Whether or not Touchstone allows big schools in or not makes no difference in the world. When a school twice the size of the other schools wins, it isn't the same as when two equal size schools compete.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:www.khsaa.org can you show me anywhere on that page where it tells what the cut off enrollment for the classes in basketball? Shelden Clark was invited to the All A. They are a 3A team in football, but class A according to the guidlines set forth by Touchstone Energy. They are the sponsers of the tournament, they set the guildlines. If you think the teams invited should go by football classes, then go out and find a sponser a tournament and call it the REAL CLASS A, good luck trying to get the KHSAA to back it like they do the sweet 16.

The KHSAA has NOTHING to do with the All "A" tourney. I made the point earlier that the All "A" use to go by the football system. Like I said before, it won't be long and teams like Louisville Central and other 3A football schools will be playin in the All "A". It's not a true All "A" like it use to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10