Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Corbin vs Boyle for the 4A State Championship Friday December 2cd at Kroger Field. 

Corbin (14-0)
Aug 19, 22 Pikeville home (W) 24 - 19  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 22 Whitley County home (W) 42 - 13 
Sep 2, 22 Franklin County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 9, 22 Pulaski County home (W) 24 - 21 
Sep 16, 22 Somerset away (W) 45 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Simon Kenton away (W) 38 - 35 
Oct 7, 22 Knox Central home (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Lincoln County home (W) 63 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Wayne County away (W) 38 - 0
Oct 28, 22 Campbell County home (W) 42 - 0 
Nov 4, 22 Harlan County home (W) 55 - 0 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Letcher County Central home (W) 49 - 0  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 18, 22 Johnson Central home (W) 35 - 21 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 25, 22 Franklin County home (W) 49 - 35  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Boyle County (12-2)
Aug 20, 22 Madison Consolidated, IN at Mercer County (W) 50 - 2  Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl
Aug 27, 22 Bryan Station home (W) 36 - 12  Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank
Sep 2, 22 Danville home (W) 41 - 7 
Sep 9, 22 Henderson County home (W) 31 - 17 
Sep 16, 22 Bowling Green away (W) 35 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 North Hardin home (W) 65 - 14 
Oct 7, 22 Lexington Catholic away (L) 27 - 28 
Oct 14, 22 Anderson County home (W) 36 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Bourbon County away (W) 55 - 12 
Oct 28, 22 Frederick Douglass home (L) 6 - 37 
Nov 4, 22 Rowan County home (W) 49 - 0 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 11, 22 Boyd County away (W) 43 - 21  Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 18, 22 Lexington Catholic home (W) 41 - 21 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 25, 22 Central home (W) 35 - 21 Class 4A 2022 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...fb22/87701

Thoughts?
Congratulations to both teams! Record breaking attendance I predict for a finals at Kroger Field!
You should have waited until like Wednesday or Thursday. I don’t think this is gonna garner much attention.
Should be a Dandy!!!
The matchup we all wanted!
Saving my prediction for Friday evening in pick’em will be in New York all week. ……… Good lord this is going to be a ballgame and a record crowd!!
No need for record breaking crowd… Redhounds continue to smoke hind end.
Gold I wish I was as confident as you with this lol.

I think the last time these two played they broke the 3A record attendance.
Just got my tickets!
Is Corbin on the home side or away side? I’d like to get those seats in the Woodford paddock if it’s the home side.

The rumors are really going to be flying this week. This is going to be one fun week of reading this thread.
I think Corbin gets over the drought Corbin by a touchdown
Corbin by 14. Boyle isn’t physical enough to play with them.
(11-26-2022, 02:15 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]No need for record breaking crowd… Redhounds continue to smoke hind end.

lol
(11-26-2022, 01:40 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Saving my prediction for Friday evening in pick’em will be in New York all week. ………  Good lord this is going to be a ballgame and a record crowd!!

Maybe you'll forget to pick.
(11-26-2022, 02:22 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Gold I wish I was as confident as you with this lol.

I think the last time these two played they broke the 3A record attendance.

Gold is one cool dude.
Would the last person leaving Corbin and Danville on Friday afternoon please turn the lights off!
I’m not sure my hearts gonna take another week of this….
(11-26-2022, 09:15 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure my hearts gonna take another week of this….
Get the nitro ready.
I think Boyle wins relatively comfortably by maybe 10-14.

Boyle seems to have changed a bit to more of a run heavy plan to control time of possession and the clock.

My guess is 28-14 or so.
Boyle is battle tested and has played some tough competition all year long.  Central’s D was impressive.  They were a big, physical team and right up there with Bowling Green/Henderson as far as what Boyle has seen this season.  Central beat Franklin Co 24-0 at Franklin a little over a month ago & Franklin just went toe to toe with Corbin in Corbin until the very end of the game.  I would say Boyle’s D is on a completely different level than what Corbin has seen all year.  And they have been a different team since Hardwick has come back & have had their way the last 2 games against 2 very good Lexington Catholic and Louisville Central teams.  Add in the fact that this is 4 trips in a row now for the seniors, and all Boyle’s kids have been there except the freshmen and Quisenberry that’s a huge advantage for Boyle.  Corbin’s last trip was 2018.  If Boyle plays their game and doesn’t turn it over/get a bunch of stupid penalties they are going to be tough to beat.  I look for a great game, not for the faint of heart but in the end I think Boyle’s too much.  I’ll take BC by 2 scores
I need a steak and a ticket to cheer Corbin to a victory.
(11-26-2022, 09:32 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyle wins relatively comfortably by maybe 10-14.

Boyle seems to have changed a bit to more of a run heavy plan to control time of possession and the clock.

My guess is 28-14 or so.
It's hard for me to believe Boyle will have a better run attack than what Corbin saw last night. I figured after watching film Boyle would try to expose corbins pass defense but I may be wrong.
(11-26-2022, 10:35 AM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 09:32 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyle wins relatively comfortably by maybe 10-14.

My guess is 28-14 or so.
It's hard for me to believe Boyle will have a better run attack than what Corbin saw last night. I figured after watching film Boyle would try to expose corbins pass defense but I may be wrong.

It doesn't have to be as good as Franklin because Boyle's defense is a lot better.
(11-26-2022, 02:55 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin by 14. Boyle isn’t physical enough to play with them.

If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday
(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 02:55 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin by 14. Boyle isn’t physical enough to play with them.

If you don't think Boyle is physically enough just ask central wide receivers and backfield. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think you will see different come next friday

Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!
Haddix will be out for blood in this one. Not ready to give a prediction yet, but I just don’t see anyway the Rebels lose this one.
Folks in Corbin will want to burn Tommy’s house down after this one. I think this will be a very close physical game. But at the end of the day Haddix is Tommy’s daddy. And he knows it. Glad we all get the matchup we want……35-28 Go Rebs…….
Boyle by 14-21 points. Way to physical and their defense and running attack is way better then what Corbin has seen
(11-26-2022, 11:14 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly what I was thinking True Pioneer, Boyle was way more Physical than Central last night, that’s one thing that has remained constant since Chuck Smith took over all those years ago very seldom does Boyle play a team that’s more physical than Boyle it’s their brand of football and if you think they’re not physical then you haven’t watched them play!!!

Boyle isn’t playing Central. They’re playing corbin. They’re about to see what smash mouth football is really about. The entitled Boyle County crew is in for a rude awakening.
(11-26-2022, 12:02 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 11:14 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 10:42 AM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]

Boyle isn’t playing Central. They’re playing corbin. They’re about to see what smash mouth football is really about. The entitled Boyle County crew is in for a rude awakening.
Corbin just squeeked by a team at home that was dominated by Central a month ago at their own home field. And that Central team was dominated by Boyle last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15