Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Ksr just discussed the game on the show deeming it the Justin Haddix bowl. Matt, Ryan, and Shannon all 3 took Corbin to win it.
Wonder how may times KSR's Matt, Ryan, and Shannon has seen Boyle or Corbin play a game this season?  My dog also has an opinion and she picked the black bowl over the red bowl this morning.  Based on their KSR rankings this year she is just informed on high school football then they all are. :) 

I just couldn't resist myself.
All KSR members picked Johnson Central last year too
(11-28-2022, 10:20 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 12:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Is it true, as one poster has already pointed out, that Haddix is Tom E. 's  daddy?

Sadly,  I fear that Coach Haddix is going to remind Corbin administrators time and time and time again that they made the biggest faux pas in the history of Corbin Redhound football by  running the best young coach in the state out of Corbin. I fear it will end up costing Corbin multiple state titles (has already cost them one)and the continued drought will serve as a constant and bitter reminder of how the good ol' boys sacrificed a potential Title Town for their own bedeviled sense of  an Entitled Town.

I hope that the Corbin youngsters go out next Friday and prove that my fear is nothing more than an irrational fear of an aging, nostalgic old fool who played ball in the sandlots with the likes of John Crawford, Tom E. Greer, David Cox and many more of Corbin's "good ol' boys."  Maybe my opinion of them is skewed by the fact that I remember how fantastically unintelligent they were as kids. All this aside, what can't be denied is the unintelligent decision that was made in chasing Haddix out of town.

I am 100% behind these Corbin kids as they journey to Lexington in search of the school's first varsity state title in 40 years.  It is hard to even type that.... 40 years!!!!  Almost impossible to believe. Mayfield won 12 titles in 38 years. Corbin with NONE in 40 years!!! Thanks a lot, Corbin "elites."

These Corbin kids seem focused and they have a ton of heart. Their leaders on the sidelines let them down last season. Will this season end with making amends or breaking more hearts?  I fear the latter but I beg the universe for the former. 

GO HOUNDS!!!
Haddix could coach there a lifetime and not have a Quisenberry. I've saw almost every player in the state the last 15 years in 3A and 4A and that kid is up there with Vancleave from Danville, with Sloan from Wayne, with the QB from Central 3 years ago, or about anyone else.  I bet your coach could go to Boyle and win state championships too.  This is just my opinion. I saw Haddix lose his kids a state title going against Central in a game they should have won.
(11-29-2022, 02:32 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2022, 10:20 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 12:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Is it true, as one poster has already pointed out, that Haddix is Tom E. 's  daddy?

Sadly,  I fear that Coach Haddix is going to remind Corbin administrators time and time and time again that they made the biggest faux pas in the history of Corbin Redhound football by  running the best young coach in the state out of Corbin. I fear it will end up costing Corbin multiple state titles (has already cost them one)and the continued drought will serve as a constant and bitter reminder of how the good ol' boys sacrificed a potential Title Town for their own bedeviled sense of  an Entitled Town.

I hope that the Corbin youngsters go out next Friday and prove that my fear is nothing more than an irrational fear of an aging, nostalgic old fool who played ball in the sandlots with the likes of John Crawford, Tom E. Greer, David Cox and many more of Corbin's "good ol' boys."  Maybe my opinion of them is skewed by the fact that I remember how fantastically unintelligent they were as kids. All this aside, what can't be denied is the unintelligent decision that was made in chasing Haddix out of town.

I am 100% behind these Corbin kids as they journey to Lexington in search of the school's first varsity state title in 40 years.  It is hard to even type that.... 40 years!!!!  Almost impossible to believe. Mayfield won 12 titles in 38 years. Corbin with NONE in 40 years!!! Thanks a lot, Corbin "elites."

These Corbin kids seem focused and they have a ton of heart. Their leaders on the sidelines let them down last season. Will this season end with making amends or breaking more hearts?  I fear the latter but I beg the universe for the former. 

GO HOUNDS!!!
Haddix could coach there a lifetime and not have a Quisenberry. I've saw almost every player in the state the last 15 years in 3A and 4A and that kid is up there with Vancleave from Danville, with Sloan from Wayne, with the QB from Central 3 years ago, or about anyone else.  I bet your coach could go to Boyle and win state championships too.  This is just my opinion. I saw Haddix lose his kids a state title going against Central in a game they should have won.

Quit making post at lunch time.... Smile I see your profile picture and I love soup beans and corn bread. I never have none ready to eat. I stay hungry when I see your post ...... Just kidding...East more beans...
(11-29-2022, 02:25 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how may times KSR's Matt, Ryan, and Shannon has seen Boyle or Corbin play a game this season?  My dog also has an opinion and she picked the black bowl over the red bowl this morning.  Based on their KSR rankings this year she is just informed on high school football then they all are. Smile 

What to do is put the treats in the red bowl and see what happens.  Smile
I cooked enough to feed an army at my grand daughter's house on Friday. Everyone was gathering leftovers, and I snuck in and grabbed the ham bone. LOL

Got great northern beans cooking as we speak.
(11-29-2022, 01:56 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]Ksr just discussed the game on the show deeming it the Justin Haddix bowl. Matt, Ryan, and Shannon all 3 took Corbin to win it.

I worked with some men who would listen to KSR everyday and they always wanted to go to the Bar when they were doing a live show. One day they had on as a quest for a few minutes a cook that worked at the KSR BAR in Lexington and it was hilarious..Might not always agree with them but at times it sure would make for some lively debates at work over the issues they were talking about...Made the day go by faster...
(11-29-2022, 09:40 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]The battle between these lines are gonna be awesome. Most won’t pay attention and be watching the sissy, I mean skill players haha. But them hogs are gonna make the game. That was one thing Greer actually said that’s right. And like they said on the podcast, I think a lot of it is gonna be a stalemate.
I agree.  Turnovers will hurt but whom ever controls the line of scrimmage wins the game.
(11-28-2022, 10:43 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2022, 07:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2022, 11:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2022, 10:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone konw what the single game attendance record is for a KHSAA football finals?

It's above 20,000.  In the old 4 class system there were 4 or 5 4A games between ST. X, Trinity and Male that were over 20K.  26,430 is the biggest ever in the 4A '03 game between Trinity and St. X.  

Under the 6 class system I believe the biggest was 2007 St. X/Trinity at 15696. 

Then 2010 Boyle/Allen County Scottsville at 13,167.

In the 6A system there have only been maybe 4 that busted 10K including the two mentioned above.  

In 2017 when Corbin and Boyle played for the 3A title they had 11,234.  I think the 3rd largest since going to 6 classes. 

These numbers don't include last years games.  Not sure about the attendance numbers for those.

Give me your insight on this game and the BE game Smile

Boyle/Corbin - This one is going to be tough.  I like Boyle by a slim margin for one specific reason.  Boyle's rushing game.  Bodner is tough and Corbin has given up some rushing yards this year against their better competition.  If Corbin can contain Bodner and make Boyle throw they have a better chance.  Losing Cole Sims for the year really hurt.  Another thing that worries me is Tommy Greer is a pretty darn good defensive coach.  He was the DC at Bell when Boyle and Bell played 3 straight state semi final games.  Those games were knock down/ drag outs.  Haddix knows how to get the ball down the field.  His offense against Greer's defense is the game I think.  Should be a good one.  I'll take the Rebels by 7.  

Bullitt East/Male - The old saying goes, Defense wins championships and Offense sells tickets.  For Bullitt East's sake they are going to have to rewrite the old saying.  The Charger offense after playing better teams down the stretch (Male, Manual, Central Hardin, Bryan Station) has actually gotten better by playing those teams.  It's made them better and to be honest, really hard to stop.  Swinney for Male was out the first time they played and BE won by 7 but were ahead by 10-14 most of the game.  They had trouble against Bryan Station's big back and I think Swinney will get his yards.  But unless BE put the ball on the ground a few times I think BE stops Male's O more than Male's D stops the BE offense.  Possibly another high scoring shootout like Bryan Station but I hope not.  Not sure my heart can take it.  I'll take BE by 10.
I agree with the run game. Boyle is a little better than Corbin at running the ball. Combs is very good, but Bodner is stronger and faster , hard nosed as they come. As for the passing game, I give Corbin the edge, the QB makes better throws and the receivers are a little better as a group. I would still take tarter and quisenberry , but I do like the Stewart kid from Corbin.  This is where Boyle really misses Cole Sims , he was the best over the top receiver Boyle had before getting hurt, and not having him on Defense has been very noticeable.  If Bodner has a good game running the ball , Boyle wins , if not then its a toss up.
(11-29-2022, 03:14 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2022, 10:43 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2022, 07:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2022, 11:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2022, 10:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone konw what the single game attendance record is for a KHSAA football finals?

It's above 20,000.  In the old 4 class system there were 4 or 5 4A games between ST. X, Trinity and Male that were over 20K.  26,430 is the biggest ever in the 4A '03 game between Trinity and St. X.  

Under the 6 class system I believe the biggest was 2007 St. X/Trinity at 15696. 

Then 2010 Boyle/Allen County Scottsville at 13,167.

In the 6A system there have only been maybe 4 that busted 10K including the two mentioned above.  

In 2017 when Corbin and Boyle played for the 3A title they had 11,234.  I think the 3rd largest since going to 6 classes. 

These numbers don't include last years games.  Not sure about the attendance numbers for those.

Give me your insight on this game and the BE game Smile

Boyle/Corbin - This one is going to be tough.  I like Boyle by a slim margin for one specific reason.  Boyle's rushing game.  Bodner is tough and Corbin has given up some rushing yards this year against their better competition.  If Corbin can contain Bodner and make Boyle throw they have a better chance.  Losing Cole Sims for the year really hurt.  Another thing that worries me is Tommy Greer is a pretty darn good defensive coach.  He was the DC at Bell when Boyle and Bell played 3 straight state semi final games.  Those games were knock down/ drag outs.  Haddix knows how to get the ball down the field.  His offense against Greer's defense is the game I think.  Should be a good one.  I'll take the Rebels by 7.  

Bullitt East/Male - The old saying goes, Defense wins championships and Offense sells tickets.  For Bullitt East's sake they are going to have to rewrite the old saying.  The Charger offense after playing better teams down the stretch (Male, Manual, Central Hardin, Bryan Station) has actually gotten better by playing those teams.  It's made them better and to be honest, really hard to stop.  Swinney for Male was out the first time they played and BE won by 7 but were ahead by 10-14 most of the game.  They had trouble against Bryan Station's big back and I think Swinney will get his yards.  But unless BE put the ball on the ground a few times I think BE stops Male's O more than Male's D stops the BE offense.  Possibly another high scoring shootout like Bryan Station but I hope not.  Not sure my heart can take it.  I'll take BE by 10.
I agree with the run game. Boyle is a little better than Corbin at running the ball. Combs is very good, but Bodner is stronger and faster , hard nosed as they come. As for the passing game, I give Corbin the edge, the QB makes better throws and the receivers are a little better as a group. I would still take tarter and quisenberry , but I do like the Stewart kid from Corbin.  This is where Boyle really misses Cole Sims , he was the best over the top receiver Boyle had before getting hurt, and not having him on Defense has been very noticeable.  If Bodner has a good game running the ball , Boyle wins , if not then its a toss up.

Smile
(11-29-2022, 01:44 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2022, 01:09 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping my Alma Mater pulls this out.  Three in a row would be a pretty strong statement.  I know Corbin is hungry.  They almost tasted it a couple of years ago vs Central.  (to be honest I still scratch my head on how they lost that one). 

Good luck to both teams being injury free and playing their best.

I won't be able to watch or keep up.  My daughter is getting married this weekend.  Not only am I the Father of the Bride but also the Officiant. 

If not for this football success by Bullit East and Boyle, ole 64 would be heading Virginia way this weekend along with his brother and the Big Guy Steve Bertram. 

So, I leave my Rebels in good hands between them and 55 and Jack Lambert.  Get #11 boys and tie the Ads in titles.
Can you give us a "Who Ya With" at the wedding Hatz?  I'm sure your daughter would understand!   Smile

You Bet she would understand.  True Story:

Bell County beat Boyle in the Semi-Finals in 2018.  The Next Year Boyle Beat the Bobcats before going on to the State Title.  Coming Home for Xmas we stopped the car right where the sign was that proclaimed BELL COUNTY 2018 STATE CHAMPS.

I lifted her up and she slapped a black and gold football magnet that said GOD BLESS THE REBELS on it.  She's never lived in KY but she's a Rebel through and through.  

Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
IMO this game will be won in the trenches whichever team controls the line of scrimmage and doesn’t turn the ball over will win a State Championship Friday night!
What's shocking is the BGR Poll has it 71% to 29% for Boyle. I figured it would have been the opposite.
(11-29-2022, 03:35 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]What's shocking is the  BGR Poll has it 71% to 29% for Boyle.  I figured it would have been the opposite.

Thats called inflation... Smile
I agree, I felt like Corbin would definitely be favored in the BGR poll.

(11-29-2022, 03:35 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]What's shocking is the BGR Poll has it 71% to 29% for Boyle. I figured it would have been the opposite.
Bull,

I’ve actually got some in the crock pot right now for supper tonight. I’m doing it the right way tonight but I swear I like the canned version that you just heat up just as well.
(11-29-2022, 04:01 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, I felt like Corbin would definitely be favored in the BGR poll.

(11-29-2022, 03:35 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]What's shocking is the  BGR Poll has it 71% to 29% for Boyle.  I figured it would have been the opposite.
Bluegrass Rival posters more informed than KSR's Matt, Ryan, and Shannon.   Smile

BGR > KSR
(11-29-2022, 04:04 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Bull,

I’ve actually got some in the crock pot right now for supper tonight. I’m doing it the right way tonight but I swear I like the canned version that you just heat up just as well.

I could eat beans every day and not complain... I love them, but now others in the house may complain....just sayin..
CalPreps computer likes Corbin by a solid 8 -point margin. Smart computers out there in Cali.

sacrelig!!!!!!
(11-29-2022, 02:25 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how may times KSR's Matt, Ryan, and Shannon has seen Boyle or Corbin play a game this season?  My dog also has an opinion and she picked the black bowl over the red bowl this morning.  Based on their KSR rankings this year she is just informed on high school football then they all are. Smile 

I’ll take that answer Alex!

zerooooooooooo.
Its gonna be a good one. I will stay with Corbin

Corbin 31
Rebs 28
(11-29-2022, 10:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]James....You had your coffee yet?  Smile  Its Tuesday...... I wonder how many times Rebel55 has went to the fridge and back this morning lol.....

Sgt Slaugter can't sleep lol.....  I'm hearing the Colonial fans are buying all the red shirts up in Corbin...... Big Grin

Old School Hound is running for the next Corbin super so he can pass out candy lol..... Sick But the ones who get the candy may not want it lol...

BEChargers is is fasting so he don't throw up this weekend LOL...   

T.D Hounds, he works too much....You need to take off Friday...

Hound05 has already done 5 workouts of P90x this morning lol.....

Gold Angry River I nominate for the best profile picture...

Where in the world is Hoot Gibson, I thought hummingbirds was the only birds that flew away for the winter..... Big Grin

Just kidding everyone! More coffee please....

Im taking off Friday sure, but I’ll have to work Saturday to make up for it…I love this new American work ethic where everyone wants to show up at noon and leave at 400,  Angry

(11-29-2022, 06:04 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]

sacrelig!!!!!!

You said it Granny…

(11-29-2022, 04:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I could eat beans every day and not complain... I love them, but now others in the house may complain....just sayin..

Soup beans and Salmon Patties, yes sir
^
with fried taters!
Well I got some of the game plan from Boyle and Corbin.. Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]
With all the soup beans being consumed I hope the wind is to my back Friday night.   :D
(11-29-2022, 10:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]James....You had your coffee yet?  Smile  Its Tuesday...... I wonder how many times Rebel55 has went to the fridge and back this morning lol.....

Sgt Slaugter can't sleep lol.....  I'm hearing the Colonial fans are buying all the red shirts up in Corbin...... Big Grin

Old School Hound is running for the next Corbin super so he can pass out candy lol..... Sick But the ones who get the candy may not want it lol...

BEChargers is is fasting so he don't throw up this weekend LOL...   

T.D Hounds, he works too much....You need to take off Friday...

Hound05 has already done 5 workouts of P90x this morning lol.....

Gold River I nominate for the best profile picture...

Where in the world is Hoot Gibson, I thought hummingbirds was the only birds that flew away for the winter..... Big Grin

Just kidding everyone! More coffee please....

I smell smoke.
I’m looking forward for tomorrow night here in Watertown,New York 8” to 16” of snow. Lol!! Dang I missed Kentucky
(11-29-2022, 08:46 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]^
with fried taters!

Your my kind of woman…
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15