Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(11-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Reading these Corbin threads entertain me. It’s kind of like modern day WWE. You can turn it on and won’t see much “rasslin” but there will be plenty of talking on the screen. Of that talking, hardly any of it will make a lick of sense but damned if it ain’t entertaining as all get out.
STONE COLD THEME PLAYING

Jack, Reb, and Hatz vs old school, Bull, and TD hound…. One night only! Dec 2nd! Blue lot! 7PM! Be there! Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaaa! The cream always rises to the top!

Special guest- Granny bear as the card girl. 
(11-30-2022, 09:50 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2022, 10:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys give it up!!! This is a waste of time! Did you not hear the podcast? We don’t even use our real names and act like we know more than anyone else!!

Now I’ve never claimed to be playing with a full deck. But it didn’t take a know-it-all to figure out you can’t have 7 in the box against JC last year, like we did. Or throw the ball the last two, which we didn’t. Or pressing someone who keeps running 5 yd hitches. But I’m very confident that he knows you won’t be able to run a 4-4 man to man with soft coverage on the end  and not pressuring Dawson and allowing him to get set up and pick a D apart. Because everyone, even the people wasting time on here, knows that! If they didn’t, they could get on here, but the coaches don’t do that.

They can both give their best Presidential interview. But make no mistake this game will come down to coaching. Regardless of what he says to get pressure off of him. Game plans and X’s&O’s will be the determining factor. So that comes down to Justin and Tommy. The kids have done their part and will continue to do so. It’s time for him and the rest of the staff to do theirs. Put these kids in a position to win. If what you’re doing isn’t working, swallow your ego and change it and not repeat JC from last year. So it all comes down to an offensive mastermind vs a defensive guru. We’re about to see if the “good ole boy” system the old guard and Dave cox chose was the right choice. Because if he is there shouldn’t be a reason we don’t win. So I’m confident he’ll have the right plan and play calling for us to succeed, rather than relying on talent to get us by.

I agree. In watching both teams I am giving the edge to Corbin. They just have a few more weapons. But they are pretty evenly matched in most spots. Corbin needs to open up the offense and pressure the QB and tighten up the coverage on the ends. The kids are going to give everything they have but like you said it is up to the coaches to call the right plays offensively and defensively.  You cant hold anything back and be too conservative now.
Last game of the year, can’t hold back now Cotton!”
10-4 on the card girl
Y’all are a buncha damn fools on here!

What time you fellers getting the commonwealth Friday? I need to put a face with some of you hoodlums
(11-30-2022, 05:25 PM)The_Cats_Meow Wrote: [ -> ]Y’all are a buncha damn fools on here!

What time you fellers getting the commonwealth Friday? I need to put a face with some of you hoodlums

AS soon as I can 6:30-6:45 hopefully..
Bring 2 pennys and we will do a quick bet before the game... LOL...
(11-30-2022, 05:25 PM)The_Cats_Meow Wrote: [ -> ]Y’all are a buncha damn fools on here!

As soon as KHSAA says I can get inside.  It’s going to be like when Walmart opens the doors on Black Friday and I want that last Vizio TV.  Get Back!
Who’s getting gassed up over at Liberal Matt’s drag/sports bar before the game Friday?
(11-30-2022, 06:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Who’s getting gassed up over at Liberal Matt’s drag/sports bar before the game Friday?
Rather poor gas on it than give my money to them
(11-30-2022, 09:07 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]^ The act of fishing is so relaxing and peaceful.  Catching fish is just a bonus to me.

Corbin/Boyle fans are weird.  The next time someone suggests closing one of your threads because it has degenerated into elementary school tactics, I'm just going to come on here and mention food!!!!  Automatically, everyone agrees on food!!

Heart Heart

I need to start selling food to all these fans
(11-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Reading these Corbin threads entertain me. It’s kind of like modern day WWE. You can turn it on and won’t see much “rasslin” but there will be plenty of talking on the screen. Of that talking, hardly any of it will make a lick of sense but damned if it ain’t entertaining as all get out.

I wanna cheer for The Hounds in Lexington while holding a Go Colonels banner.
(11-30-2022, 02:08 PM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
And most of it seems to be about food anyway. It's difficult to scroll through and find much about the game itself.

Eat more pork.
(11-30-2022, 04:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:24 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 03:55 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 02:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I do......... I am so confident. I am about to go drink me another cup of coffee.  Smile

I don't really get the whole coffee thing but go for it

I drink alot of coffee James... That's all... Smile But if you are not a coffee drinker, you need to get with me, I can hook you up. Get you a Percolator and go make a camp fire or you can do it on a stove too and man, you will figure out real fast why I like coffee..You know, I have noticed alot of the younger generation doesn't drink coffee, but I like it.

Bull I never could acquire a taste for Coffee it always tasted bitter to me, but my Dad loved it the hotter and stronger it was the more he loved it.

I can drink it hot no doubt, but I am not so much on the strong side of the coffee, I have had some of those who like it real strong about kick me out of making coffee saying I drink it weak LOL. I like it in the middle or where I can see through it when Im pouring it, if I can't see through it then I know I am getting a strong cup like that Mcdonalds stuff LOL. When I go there I tell them to water it down with creamer because after a cup of that, you will know what a strong cup of coffee is... Smile  My mamaw when I was a young lad would offer me some coffee when I would go visit her and she put cream and suger in it and this has been around 35 years ago and I honestly never forgot those times. I was young but I loved visiting and drinking coffee with her. Then over years, I had some neighbors that was old timers and we would chew the fat in the evenings and drink the fire out of coffee and sit on the portch just blowing. All of them are passed on now. I moved to another location and now Im a lone coffee drinker. I do think about those I used to sit around with at times when Im by myself drinking a big cup. Especially when Im outside sipping and enjoying the outdoors. Thats why I say more coffee please, I have some good memories with some fine folks and family that are no longer around that keeps those happy thoughts flowing..

My mamaw used to ask me if I wanted another cup of coffee, and I'd say I don't want the first cup. Now I drink a cup sometimes, especially iced coffee that's not overly sweet.
(11-30-2022, 04:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Why do football threads almost always digress to food ????    Asking for a relative...

Smile I'm blaming this one on PJDOUG... Him and Corbin has those profile pictures of food...LOL...

What are we having for supper?

I'm coming with some Hounds to smoke your hind end
(11-30-2022, 04:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:24 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 03:55 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 02:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I do......... I am so confident. I am about to go drink me another cup of coffee.  :)

I don't really get the whole coffee thing but go for it

I drink alot of coffee James... That's all... :) But if you are not a coffee drinker, you need to get with me, I can hook you up. Get you a Percolator and go make a camp fire or you can do it on a stove too and man, you will figure out real fast why I like coffee..You know, I have noticed alot of the younger generation doesn't drink coffee, but I like it.

Bull I never could acquire a taste for Coffee it always tasted bitter to me, but my Dad loved it the hotter and stronger it was the more he loved it.

I can drink it hot no doubt, but I am not so much on the strong side of the coffee, I have had some of those who like it real strong about kick me out of making coffee saying I drink it weak LOL. I like it in the middle or where I can see through it when Im pouring it, if I can't see through it then I know I am getting a strong cup like that Mcdonalds stuff LOL. When I go there I tell them to water it down with creamer because after a cup of that, you will know what a strong cup of coffee is... :)  My mamaw when I was a young lad would offer me some coffee when I would go visit her and she put cream and suger in it and this has been around 35 years ago and I honestly never forgot those times. I was young but I loved visiting and drinking coffee with her. Then over years, I had some neighbors that was old timers and we would chew the fat in the evenings and drink the fire out of coffee and sit on the portch just blowing. All of them are passed on now. I moved to another location and now Im a lone coffee drinker. I do think about those I used to sit around with at times when Im by myself drinking a big cup. Especially when Im outside sipping and enjoying the outdoors. Thats why I say more coffee please, I have some good memories with some fine folks and family that are no longer around that keeps those happy thoughts flowing..

Cream and sugar is the only way I can drink it, when I was a kid it seemed like Coffee was the most popular drink in the family but since my Dad passed I don’t think Mom even makes it anymore she’s still got a Coffee maker and keeps Coffee for anyone who walks thru the door wanting it and she’ll get up and make a pot.

We had Tuna patties, fried taters, green beans, and sliced Maters.

(11-30-2022, 07:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 04:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Why do football threads almost always digress to food ????    Asking for a relative...

:) I'm blaming this one on PJDOUG... Him and Corbin has those profile pictures of food...LOL...

What are we having for supper?
Id about walk to Danville to eat that Jack.  Now they is some foods, I would like to have a eating contest with LOL..I believe I could hold my own. I'll tell you guys a good one on me one time LOL. I was raised on pizza on Friday nights, that was a thing my Dad did for the family for years. Friday night pizza. Well I myself got Pizza all the time and one Friday, coming home from Lexington my wife called me and said I just ordered Pizza and stop and get it on the way home. OK, didn't have to ask me twice, well so I'm hungry and I got me a slice in 1 box of the 2 boxes I picked up, I lived about 15 minutes from town. I kept getting slices, man it was good. Before I realized it, I had ate the whole box of pizza. True Story. I was ready to get into the second box and I was like well I better save some for the rest of them. I always get a kick out of Joey Chestnut eating all them hot dogs. Dude has got rich off that.

Man, looking like good weather for the game!
Weather looks to be a little cold (in the 40's) and no rain during the game. I don't drink coffee so it's Hot Cocoa for me.
(11-30-2022, 08:21 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Weather looks to be a little cold (in the 40's) and no rain during the game.  I don't drink coffee so it's Hot Cocoa for me.

cocoa and coffee mix is good Smile
State Championship Timetable:
6:00 PM Locker rooms available
7:00 PM Gates open Boyle - Cooper Dr. side / Corbin - Alumni Dr. side
7:15 PM Warm ups can begin
7:55 PM Teams Announced
8:00 PM Kick Off
(11-30-2022, 06:54 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 06:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Who’s getting gassed up over at Liberal Matt’s drag/sports bar before the game Friday?
Rather poor gas on it than give my money to them
That’s the last place this Ol boy will go. 

bet the house on that!
I drink coffee anytime and any way! If you want a good hearty cup, get the coffee combined with chickory. It's delicious!!

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a card girl?
(11-30-2022, 12:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 11:45 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2022, 01:56 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]Ksr just discussed the game on the show deeming it the Justin Haddix bowl. Matt, Ryan, and Shannon all 3 took Corbin to win it.

Which means there's now 100% chance that Boyle wins comfortably.

Actually, 72% chance Corbin wins , according to the Cali computer.

(11-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2022, 11:51 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Bull,  Back in Black is the best AC/DC song.   Big Grin

I like it when you get Thunderstruck!  Smile

I like when she shakes me all damn,  night long!!!

Soul Stripper.  She  made me say things I didn't want to say, you know
Then She made me play games I didn't want to play.
She was a soul stripper, yeah.
(11-30-2022, 09:32 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I drink coffee anytime and any way!  If you want a good hearty cup, get the coffee combined with chickory.  It's delicious!!

The pretty blue flowers you see growing wild on roadsides is chicory.
(11-30-2022, 09:32 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I drink coffee anytime and any way!  If you want a good hearty cup, get the coffee combined with chickory.  It's delicious!!

You carry a card around the ring after each round.
Gotcha!

Yeah, that's the job for me!
(11-30-2022, 10:15 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha!

Yeah, that's the job for me!

OH , GRANNY!!!!!

[Image: boxing-young-mutley-v-patrick-bogere-cov...EBHRRX.jpg]
I like the guy in the corner.. Big Grin
Man I cannot wait for Friday night! Corbin will be the 3rd toughest opponent that Boyle has faced this season. Boyle's strength of schedule will benefit them in this one I believe. I give Haddix credit for always scheduling tough. My final prediction for Friday...

Boyle 35
Corbin 31
(11-30-2022, 11:31 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: [ -> ]Man I cannot wait for Friday night! Corbin will be the 3rd toughest opponent that Boyle has faced this season. Boyle's strength of schedule will benefit them in this one I believe. I give Haddix credit for always scheduling tough. My final prediction for Friday...

Boyle 35
Corbin 31

Smile

My crew will be there for game 1 that day and throughout. I'll be in the 'Haddix #1 fan shirt'...not really
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15