Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
35.09%
Boyle County
64.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
Less than 70 hours till kickoff.  
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
(11-29-2022, 11:57 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:47 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Thanks, Cardinal. Forty years is way long enough to be out wandering in the championship wildnerness.  I can tell you this, as well. Corbin is firmly behind the Mayfield Cardinals in their quest for another trophy. Guaranteed!!!! 

GO CARDINALS!!!!

Haven't tried that yet but it sounds good.
I'm also creating a salmon patty Po' Boy sandwich in my mind Smile 
Now, the salmon Po' Boy sounds damn appetizing !!!

We'll have to create one and see how it turns out. Maybe crispy salmon patties on crusty bread with something like aoli and lime slaw.
Don’t get too fancy with a good meal or people will start thinking you hang out with those hippies at the wrigley.
Big Grin
(11-29-2022, 11:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Guys give it up!!! This is a waste of time! Did you not hear the podcast? We don’t even use our real names and act like we know more than anyone else!!

Now I’ve never claimed to be playing with a full deck. But it didn’t take a know-it-all to figure out you can’t have 7 in the box against JC last year, like we did. Or throw the ball the last two, which we didn’t. Or pressing someone who keeps running 5 yd hitches. But I’m very confident that he knows you won’t be able to run a 4-4 man to man with soft coverage on the end  and not pressuring Dawson and allowing him to get set up and pick a D apart. Because everyone, even the people wasting time on here, knows that! If they didn’t, they could get on here, but the coaches don’t do that.

They can both give their best Presidential interview. But make no mistake this game will come down to coaching. Regardless of what he says to get pressure off of him. Game plans and X’s&O’s will be the determining factor. So that comes down to Justin and Tommy. The kids have done their part and will continue to do so. It’s time for him and the rest of the staff to do theirs. Put these kids in a position to win. If what you’re doing isn’t working, swallow your ego and change it and not repeat JC from last year. So it all comes down to an offensive mastermind vs a defensive guru. We’re about to see if the “good ole boy” system the old guard and Dave cox chose was the right choice. Because if he is there shouldn’t be a reason we don’t win. So I’m confident he’ll have the right plan and play calling for us to succeed, rather than relying on talent to get us by.

I'm going to refrain till after Friday. I owe that to the players. You are so correct my friend.
Yea… I think this one is a little more…. “PG”. I’m guessing you can still see the other one that’s hidden. But I feel this is, well like you said true, but gives everyone fair shake. But I have no doubt these kids are gonna give it 100% and do there part. Nothing to make me think that boyle’s kids won’t do the same. But it’s like Cal when UK played Gonzaga, they had what they needed to win, the coach has to do his part and put them in a position to succeed. If you’re getting beat down low, get someone in there for backside help. If you’re getting beat down field, have someone play over the top to help. Screw ego’s, what you think, what your plan is, or what you’ve always did. any coach worth his salt will adapt and make adjustments and not just sit back and think “my defense will work”. I don’t see that happening Friday, especially if you’re playing or coaching for the 2 “C’s”.  
And I’d be prepared to apologize and eat some crow if/when that happens. Outside of Mills. His toxicity can come dissolve the scum around my toilet pipe so my crap flushed easier haha. But if all of that happens above, since I’ve yet to make a pick, I’ll take Corbin by 9. If not, like you said, we’ll discuss at 10:30 Friday night. But I know tbe kids have what it takes to bring on the hardware
(11-29-2022, 10:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 10:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: James....You had your coffee yet?  Smile  Its Tuesday...... I wonder how many times Rebel55 has went to the fridge and back this morning lol.....

Sgt Slaugter can't sleep lol.....  I'm hearing the Colonial fans are buying all the red shirts up in Corbin...... Big Grin

Old School Hound is running for the next Corbin super so he can pass out candy lol..... Sick But the ones who get the candy may not want it lol...

BEChargers is is fasting so he don't throw up this weekend LOL...   

T.D Hounds, he works too much....You need to take off Friday...

Hound05 has already done 5 workouts of P90x this morning lol.....

Gold River I nominate for the best profile picture...

Where in the world is Hoot Gibson, I thought hummingbirds was the only birds that flew away for the winter..... Big Grin

Just kidding everyone! More coffee please....
I spent most of last week building myself a new computer. Then, I put in a 14-hour workday yesterday and another 12 hours today. I am going to try not to tick off any Corbin, Boyle County, or Pikeville fans for a weak and just watch the trash-talking from the sidelines.  Smile

I was wondering where you was at... Smile Man, you got stay away from those 12 and 14 hour days. Unless you are fishing..
I wasn't fishing. I would starve if I was being paid for my fishing talent. I'd also go hungry if I were getting paid for building computers - but in the long run, it is much better to build your own than to buy one pre-built.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
^ The act of fishing is so relaxing and peaceful.  Catching fish is just a bonus to me.

Corbin/Boyle fans are weird.  The next time someone suggests closing one of your threads because it has degenerated into elementary school tactics, I'm just going to come on here and mention food!!!!  Automatically, everyone agrees on food!!

Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
Reading these Corbin threads entertain me. It’s kind of like modern day WWE. You can turn it on and won’t see much “rasslin” but there will be plenty of talking on the screen. Of that talking, hardly any of it will make a lick of sense but damned if it ain’t entertaining as all get out.
(11-29-2022, 10:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Guys give it up!!! This is a waste of time! Did you not hear the podcast? We don’t even use our real names and act like we know more than anyone else!!

Now I’ve never claimed to be playing with a full deck. But it didn’t take a know-it-all to figure out you can’t have 7 in the box against JC last year, like we did. Or throw the ball the last two, which we didn’t. Or pressing someone who keeps running 5 yd hitches. But I’m very confident that he knows you won’t be able to run a 4-4 man to man with soft coverage on the end  and not pressuring Dawson and allowing him to get set up and pick a D apart. Because everyone, even the people wasting time on here, knows that! If they didn’t, they could get on here, but the coaches don’t do that.

They can both give their best Presidential interview. But make no mistake this game will come down to coaching. Regardless of what he says to get pressure off of him. Game plans and X’s&O’s will be the determining factor. So that comes down to Justin and Tommy. The kids have done their part and will continue to do so. It’s time for him and the rest of the staff to do theirs. Put these kids in a position to win. If what you’re doing isn’t working, swallow your ego and change it and not repeat JC from last year. So it all comes down to an offensive mastermind vs a defensive guru. We’re about to see if the “good ole boy” system the old guard and Dave cox chose was the right choice. Because if he is there shouldn’t be a reason we don’t win. So I’m confident he’ll have the right plan and play calling for us to succeed, rather than relying on talent to get us by.

I agree. In watching both teams I am giving the edge to Corbin. They just have a few more weapons. But they are pretty evenly matched in most spots. Corbin needs to open up the offense and pressure the QB and tighten up the coverage on the ends. The kids are going to give everything they have but like you said it is up to the coaches to call the right plays offensively and defensively.  You cant hold anything back and be too conservative now.
(11-29-2022, 11:23 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 01:09 PM)Hatz Wrote: I'm hoping my Alma Mater pulls this out.  Three in a row would be a pretty strong statement.  I know Corbin is hungry.  They almost tasted it a couple of years ago vs Central.  (to be honest I still scratch my head on how they lost that one). 

Good luck to both teams being injury free and playing their best.

I won't be able to watch or keep up.  My daughter is getting married this weekend.  Not only am I the Father of the Bride but also the Officiant. 

If not for this football success by Bullit East and Boyle, ole 64 would be heading Virginia way this weekend along with his brother and the Big Guy Steve Bertram. 

So, I leave my Rebels in good hands between them and 55 and Jack Lambert.  Get #11 boys and tie the Ads in titles.

I absolutely hate that I'm going to miss that beautiful young lady's special day.  Some of my favorite people ON THE PLANET !  

I'm more than likely gonna say or do something inappropriate this weekend attending two state championship games, better to do it there in front of thousands than in front of a couple hundred at a wedding.

At least Alex won't have to hide his shoes for fear of you using the soles as a message board:  "HELP ME"   Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
The one thing that Boyle does have huge over Corbin is experience. This senior class will be their 4th. straight State Championship appearance. This is the BIG STAGE and been there done that is a advantage. Is it enough, I don't know but it's going to be fun watching it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • HighViz
You’re absolutely right Granny as long as I’m on the water I’m happy catching fish is just a bonus!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Granny Bear
There is one thing about this Corbin team.....They are going to bring it! Get Ready!

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx6FsDC4i3s]
(11-29-2022, 01:56 PM)Gold River Wrote: Ksr just discussed the game on the show deeming it the Justin Haddix bowl. Matt, Ryan, and Shannon all 3 took Corbin to win it.

Which means there's now 100% chance that Boyle wins comfortably.
Bull,  Back in Black is the best AC/DC song.   :D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
(11-30-2022, 11:51 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull,  Back in Black is the best AC/DC song.   Big Grin

I like it when you get Thunderstruck!  Smile
(11-30-2022, 11:45 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 01:56 PM)Gold River Wrote: Ksr just discussed the game on the show deeming it the Justin Haddix bowl. Matt, Ryan, and Shannon all 3 took Corbin to win it.

Actually, 72% chance Corbin wins , according to the Cali computer.

(11-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:51 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull,  Back in Black is the best AC/DC song.   Big Grin

I like when she shakes me all damn,  night long!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-30-2022, 12:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I don't think the Cali computer has actually WATCHED both teams.
(11-30-2022, 01:35 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

I have... Woah
Is it Friday yet?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
With all the numbers going around I figured I'd take a look and see how the RPI has done since it started. To my surprise the #2 RPI team has a 12-6 record on winning the State Championship (that's 66.6% chance). Each year the #2 RPI went 4-2 . Interesting numbers and of the 6 #1's that won Boyle County was 33.33% of those wins.
(11-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Corbin Wrote: Reading these Corbin threads entertain me. It’s kind of like modern day WWE. You can turn it on and won’t see much “rasslin” but there will be plenty of talking on the screen. Of that talking, hardly any of it will make a lick of sense but damned if it ain’t entertaining as all get out.
And most of it seems to be about food anyway. It's difficult to scroll through and find much about the game itself.
Haddix over Greer, all day, everyday!
(11-30-2022, 02:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I have... Woah

Then you know what's getting ready to happen.
(11-30-2022, 02:29 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 11:45 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Which means there's now 100% chance that Boyle wins comfortably.

(11-30-2022, 11:53 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like it when you get Thunderstruck!  Smile

I have... Woah

I do......... I am so confident. I am about to go drink me another cup of coffee.  Smile
I don’t want to Jinx it but this has been the most Civil thread about an upcoming State Championship game that I have ever been involved in, maybe even in the history of BGR !!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
(11-30-2022, 02:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 12:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Actually, 72% chance Corbin wins , according to the Cali computer.

I have... Woah

I do......... I am so confident. I am about to go drink me another cup of coffee.  Smile

I don't really get the whole coffee thing but go for it
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-30-2022, 03:55 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 01:35 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I don't think the Cali computer has actually WATCHED both teams.

I have... Woah

I drink alot of coffee James... That's all... Smile But if you are not a coffee drinker, you need to get with me, I can hook you up. Get you a Percolator and go make a camp fire or you can do it on a stove too and man, you will figure out real fast why I like coffee..You know, I have noticed alot of the younger generation doesn't drink coffee, but I like it.
(11-30-2022, 04:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 02:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I have... :woah:

I do......... I am so confident. I am about to go drink me another cup of coffee.  :)

I drink alot of coffee James... That's all... :) But if you are not a coffee drinker, you need to get with me, I can hook you up. Get you a Percolator and go make a camp fire or you can do it on a stove too and man, you will figure out real fast why I like coffee..You know, I have noticed alot of the younger generation doesn't drink coffee, but I like it.

Bull I never could acquire a taste for Coffee it always tasted bitter to me, but my Dad loved it the hotter and stronger it was the more he loved it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-30-2022, 04:24 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 04:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 02:29 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Then you know what's getting ready to happen.

I drink alot of coffee James... That's all... Smile But if you are not a coffee drinker, you need to get with me, I can hook you up. Get you a Percolator and go make a camp fire or you can do it on a stove too and man, you will figure out real fast why I like coffee..You know, I have noticed alot of the younger generation doesn't drink coffee, but I like it.

Bull I never could acquire a taste for Coffee it always tasted bitter to me, but my Dad loved it the hotter and stronger it was the more he loved it.

I can drink it hot no doubt, but I am not so much on the strong side of the coffee, I have had some of those who like it real strong about kick me out of making coffee saying I drink it weak LOL. I like it in the middle or where I can see through it when Im pouring it, if I can't see through it then I know I am getting a strong cup like that Mcdonalds stuff LOL. When I go there I tell them to water it down with creamer because after a cup of that, you will know what a strong cup of coffee is... Smile  My mamaw when I was a young lad would offer me some coffee when I would go visit her and she put cream and suger in it and this has been around 35 years ago and I honestly never forgot those times. I was young but I loved visiting and drinking coffee with her. Then over years, I had some neighbors that was old timers and we would chew the fat in the evenings and drink the fire out of coffee and sit on the portch just blowing. All of them are passed on now. I moved to another location and now Im a lone coffee drinker. I do think about those I used to sit around with at times when Im by myself drinking a big cup. Especially when Im outside sipping and enjoying the outdoors. Thats why I say more coffee please, I have some good memories with some fine folks and family that are no longer around that keeps those happy thoughts flowing..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
Why do football threads almost always digress to food ???? Asking for a relative...
(11-30-2022, 04:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why do football threads almost always digress to food ????    Asking for a relative...

Smile I'm blaming this one on PJDOUG... Him and Corbin has those profile pictures of food...LOL...
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next