Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
It's time to smoke some hind end. Get Off The Tracks. The Train's Coming Through.
Link to the free KHSAA program on game tomorrow night.

https://khsaa.org/Publications/Programs/...index.html
(12-01-2022, 03:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ][Image: A69AEDB0-1D7A-4F61-A529-8C9DB5DEB1B9-1024x1024.jpeg]
Here we are folks.

Boyle County vs. Corbin for all of the marbles.

The winner gets to bring home the Class 4A state championship trophy.

We’ve been fortunate enough to be able to pick every week of the season with the success our 13th Region teams had in the postseason.

Our record is 105-22 on the season, which means we’ve been picking 82.6 percent of our picks correctly.

And now the bigger question?

Can we finish our pick’ems with another win?

We will see very soon.

Friday, December 2

Class 4A State Title Game

Boyle County (12-2) vs. Corbin (14-0)

Let’s get down to the nitty gritty — the Rebels are winners of three straight championships, while former Corbin coach Justin Haddix has guided Boyle County to its past two championships.

The talk of a potential Boyle County vs. Corbin matchup hasn’t stopped since Haddix first left the Redhounds to take the job at Boyle County.

Well fans, you have the matchup you’ve been waiting for.

Corbin enters the game with the best RPI in Class 4A (.75319) while Boyle County is No. 2 at .68600.

We’d say the Redhounds enter the game as a slight favorite but when you get this far, you can throw all of the numbers out.

This is what we do know — Corbin is good — very good.

The Redhounds have dominated throughout the season while answering the bell when they’ve been pushed.

Boyle County is good, too.

The Rebels hit a couple of bumps here and there during the season but it looks as if they’ve hit full stride now.

The Redhounds are 83-42 in postseason play while Boyle County is 89-23. Corbin owns a 4-3 record all-time against the Rebels with wins in 1977 (37-15), 1982 (28-13)  1992 (10-7), and 2018 (21-0).

Boyle County defeated the Redhounds in 1994 (14-7)  2010 (42-10), and 2017 (40-21).

The Rebels are winners of 12 straight playoff games in a row, and post a 24-2 mark in postseason play dating back to 2017.

So when it comes to postseason experience, the check mark easily goes to Boyle County.

Corbin averages 42.4 points per game while the Rebels score 39.2 points per game.

The Redhounds are only surrendering 12.2 points per game while Boyle County is giving up 15.2 points per game.

With that said, Corbin is surrendering 28 points per game during its last two contest while the Rebels are allowing 21 points per game.

So what gives?

We here at the L4 Security Network believe the outcome of the game will come down to two X-factors — Corbin’s Jacob Baker, and Boyle County’s Montavin Quisenberry.

Baker has been clutch on defense and kicking the ball this season. He has hit 70-of-71 PATs while going 8-of-9 when attempting a field goal.

Quisenberry has been dominant this season.

He’s thrown for 90 yards and two TDs, ran for 945 yards, and nine touchdowns on only 89 carries, and caught 53 balls for 821 receiving yards, and 15 touchdowns.

If the Redhounds can contain Quisenberry, they’ll win. But also keep an eye on tailback Avery Bodner.

Who wins?
It’s gonna come down to special teams. Look for Jacob Baker to come through with a clutch field goal late in the contest to give Corbin a slim 31-28 win.

https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=5893&fbclid=IwAR2d1Y1GrAr8ffiHMAfAuCtXM7ed6bqm881qN5pd_lE-inLHp_jy2k-oko0

"If the Redhounds can contain Quisenberry, they’ll win." 

I don't think that outlet has watched Boyle County play this season.
Go get #11 Boys!

#LeaveNoDoubt
#WhoYaWith
#Rebel4Life
You were meant to be here. This is Your time. Now, Go Out There and Take It!
Game day is finally here!  

[attachment=447]
I have really enjoyed reading this thread this week. It makes me feel so good to see the passion that you guys have for the kids on your respective teams. It's a shame that both teams can't win!
RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!
(12-02-2022, 01:50 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I have really enjoyed reading this thread this week.  It makes me feel so good to see the passion that you guys have for the kids on your respective teams.  It's a shame that both teams can't win!

I agree... but you are rooting for us, aren't you Gran ?  A forty - year famine has made us a lil' crazy ...
All you Redhound fans, have a safe trip. I’ll catch up to you fine folks and hop in line from exit 99 on. They had me working night shift last night so I could certainly use a few more hours of shut eye but am too fired up. Let’s get this show on the road!
(12-02-2022, 01:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2022, 01:50 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I have really enjoyed reading this thread this week.  It makes me feel so good to see the passion that you guys have for the kids on your respective teams.  It's a shame that both teams can't win!

I agree... but you are rooting for us, aren't you Gran ?  A forty - year famine has made us a lil' crazy ...
Yes, I am rooting for the Hounds!!

(12-02-2022, 02:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]All you Redhound fans, have a safe trip. I’ll catch up to you fine folks and hop in line from exit 99 on. They had me working night shift last night so I could certainly use a few more hours of shut eye but am too fired up. Let’s get this show on the road!
You coming from Winchester???
(12-02-2022, 02:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]All you Redhound fans, have a safe trip. I’ll catch up to you fine folks and hop in line from exit 99 on. They had me working night shift last night so I could certainly use a few more hours of shut eye but am too fired up. Let’s get this show on the road!

I'll try to cheer the school in Whitley County to victory. Go Get em Hounds!
I think Boyle fans are going to be shocked of the talent gap in this game. IMO. When you see them in person. I do think Boyle will make a game of it and be a match up that gives Corbin Issues.
(12-02-2022, 03:15 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyle fans are going to be shocked of the talent gap in this game. IMO. When you see them in person. I do think Boyle will make a game of it and be a match up that gives Corbin Issues.
Interesting… hope you’re right!
(12-02-2022, 04:20 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2022, 03:15 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyle fans are going to be shocked of the talent gap in this game. IMO. When you see them in person. I do think Boyle will make a game of it and be a match up that gives Corbin Issues.

Boyle will have a few kids maybe more talented but not 22 of them. If Corbin loses its because they got out toughed, and out coached.
So let me get this straight Corbin is way more talented than Boyle?

If so Should we just forfeit and send Corbin the title?

(12-02-2022, 04:35 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]So let me get this straight Corbin is way more talented than Boyle?

I would Prolly go ahead and play for it, never know even a blind hog finds an acorn! hahaha. I did not say way more talented I said more talented.
Heaven forbid, someone dare say those things against Boyle Co
RIght, they on here insulting folks weekly. Share one honest opinion and the tears fall. Great coaches and classy kids, entitled fan base, spoiled by the hard work of others.
(12-02-2022, 05:06 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]RIght, they on here insulting folks weekly. Share one honest opinion and the tears fall. Great coaches and classy kids, entitled fan base, spoiled by the hard work of others.
I do agree with you though. I think boyle will have the best player on the field, both offense and defense. But I do think top to bottom Corbin has the edge. Now how big is the difference top to bottom?? I don’t know. Hoping a lot!!
(12-02-2022, 05:06 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]RIght, they on here insulting folks weekly. Share one honest opinion and the tears fall. Great coaches and classy kids, entitled fan base, spoiled by the hard work of others.
Who's they?  You didn't hear anything from me.

Time to get on the road and head on up hwy 27 get something to eat and get to the game. See everyone later tonight back in here.
Safe travels to everyone this weekend. Interstates are crazy these days.
(12-02-2022, 04:34 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2022, 04:20 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

Boyle will have a few kids maybe more talented but not 22 of them. If Corbin loses its because they got out toughed, and out coached.

I'm not really worried about the toughness but I m worried about the bolded...A LOT!!!
I'm ready to get in the trenches with the old Hounds and go to war.

Don’t include me in they, anyone on this site can tell you that I don’t get on here and bad mouth other teams your entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but since Boyle has 4 D-1 players I just wanted to clarify your post because if Boyle is lucky enough to find away to keep it close and pull off the win I’ll remind you of it later on.

(12-02-2022, 04:49 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2022, 04:35 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]So let me get this straight Corbin is way more talented than Boyle?

[quote="FCSPY" pid="2388863" dateline="1670004937"]
I think Boyle fans are going to be shocked of the talent gap in this game. IMO. When you see them in person. I do think Boyle will make a game of it and be a match up that gives Corbin Issues.
I would Prolly go ahead and play for it, never know even a blind hog finds an acorn! hahaha. I did not say way more talented I said more talented.
[/
Corbin don’t have the coaching. If you cloned Haddix and he coached for both teams, I’d say it'd be pretty even. But it’s not! Haha. Corbin kids can play beyond their level but not enough to overcome bad coaching.
Boys, made it in. Got my seats! Rebel55 is wearing flip flops at this game lol! Good luck everyone! Enjoy!
Free Live Audio Broadcast:

KHSAA Audio Broadcast

https://mixlr.com/khsaa/events/boyle-county-vs-corbin

Boyle County Audio Broadcast (coach talking in a couple minutes)

http://us7.maindigitalstream.com/2250/

Corbin Audio Broadcast

??
(12-02-2022, 09:14 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Boys, made it in. Got my seats! Rebel55 is wearing flip flops at this game lol! Good luck everyone! Enjoy!

Let's . Do. This.
Rebel55 out there "freezin for a reason" lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15