Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I’m not understanding who you are wanting to release the tape to the public. If the parent who recorded it releases it, seems like they would be increasing the possibility of a lawsuit by Mays. I don’t know Mays, but you can tell the man takes his job seriously as far as his reputation in the way he presents himself. I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be willing to see this through to the bitter end at any cost. Maybe the parent who recorded him has deep pockets and is willing to go all in to destroy Mays? I don’t know. We will see what comes of it…probably nothing more than spicing up the Ashland-Boyd rivalry in a year that looks to be pretty down within the 16th region.
(06-07-2022, 07:59 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]He recruited.

The problem is you can do it in Kentucky and there is no consequences.
It is looking more like he didn’t recruit.  Just a daddy embarrassing himself and his kid.  
As I said in a previous post, this guy would be talking to my attorney.  He is attacking this Coach.  If you can’t beat them…. record them.  Lol
(06-07-2022, 11:22 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

It is looking more like he didn’t recruit.  Just a daddy embarrassing himself and his kid.  
As I said in a previous post, this guy would be talking to my attorney.  He is attacking this Coach.  If you can’t beat them…. record them.  Lol

What do you mean by "It is looking like he didn't recruit"?  If I had a kid on the team and he was being derogatory toward him with an opposing team Dad to get them to his school I would be very, very ticked.  Again, if one of the people out there that has the tape would just release it publicly this may just all go away if there was actually no recruiting or taking shots at his current players.
(06-08-2022, 12:42 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

What do you mean by "It is looking like he didn't recruit"?  If I had a kid on the team and he was being derogatory toward him with an opposing team Dad to get them to his school I would be very, very ticked.  Again, if one of the people out there that has the tape would just release it publicly this may just all go away if there was actually no recruiting or taking shots at his current players.
The dad called the coach.  What makes you think that he wanted the player?  I am hearing that he did not say anything derogatory about the players.  Seems that the dad was shopping the kid around.  1. You seem to be very pushy about trying to get someone else to release this to the public.  2. This account was created in May of this year.  Lol.  Seems fishy to me on who this might be and what school you support.  Maybe just pushing an agenda.
(06-08-2022, 01:21 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

The dad called the coach.  What makes you think that he wanted the player?  I am hearing that he did not say anything derogatory about the players.  Seems that the dad was shopping the kid around.  1. You seem to be very pushy about trying to get someone else to release this to the public.  2. This account was created in May of this year.  Lol.  Seems fishy to me on who this might be and what school you support.  Maybe just pushing an agenda.
"I'm hearing"...Seems a bit fishy to me.  I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't play, I don't have any family members I follow closely in sports, but I have always followed East Ky high school  basketball in general and watch lots of games.  Sounds like you wear Maroon to work every day.  I'm one that believes where there is smoke....

Just release the tapes and put to bed if there is nothing there and it is all this Dad, then no big deal right?
I’m still not understanding who Socrates is asking to “release” the tapes?  Who actually has copies of the video or audio file?  I suppose the parent who recorded it would have it.  Who else has a copy that could potentially “release” it, which I would imagine to mean just posting it on Facebook or some other social media platform?
(06-08-2022, 09:58 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

"I'm hearing"...Seems a bit fishy to me.  I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't play, I don't have any family members I follow closely in sports, but I have always followed East Ky high school  basketball in general and watch lots of games.  Sounds like you wear Maroon to work every day.  I'm one that believes where there is smoke....

Just release the tapes and put to bed if there is nothing there and it is all this Dad, then no big deal right?

I would like to hear the conversation but neither me or you can do anything about it.  Smile
(06-07-2022, 08:33 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Just release the tape to the public, if it is no big deal then great, move on.  No moving on until then...
Why do you believe you or anyone else deserves to hear this recording? It’s really none of our business. The state will make their decision and guess what …they ain’t gonna run it by you first haha. If the coach done anything wrong it will come out. If not let’s play ball and leave it alone

You are basing your comments off of what was said on this site and not the article in the paper. Hey man…I got baby elephants in my back yard that shit gold bricks. I’ll sell you one for 100 dollars. Do you believe that as well?

(06-07-2022, 08:33 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Just release the tape to the public, if it is no big deal then great, move on.  No moving on until then...
Why do you believe you or anyone else deserves to hear this recording? It’s really none of our business. The state will make their decision and guess what …they ain’t gonna run it by you first haha. If the coach done anything wrong it will come out. If not let’s play ball and leave it alone
The only person who has the original recording is the dad, Boyd may have a copy don’t know for sure. With that said the administration at Boyd has heard it along with Coach Anderson, also the administration at Ashland has heard it along with coach Mays. The superintendent was the only person in both administration that has said to do anything to Coach Mays and that’s it. The state may or may not add to this. Time will tell. If I’m Coach Mays and I’m not I would sue the parents for recording our conversation with my knowledge. End of story. The person who is at fault is the dad plain and simple. As soon as the dad finished the conversation with Coach Mays he turned right around and contacted another coach in 10th region. Coaches do talk to one another, so this is confirmed. Also the ex spouse said he (the kid) would not be leaving Boyd.

My question is how will the Boyd coaches fill about the conversation when in fact the dad has said things about the coaches at Boyd. My guess it will be very hard and I fill so sorry for this kid. Whom seems to be a good kid. Once again the parents are ruining hs sports.
(06-08-2022, 01:30 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]The only person who has the original recording is the dad, Boyd may have a copy don’t know for sure.  With that said the administration at Boyd has heard it along with Coach Anderson,  also the administration at Ashland has heard it along with coach Mays. The superintendent was the only person in both administration that has said to do anything to Coach Mays and that’s it.  The state may or may not add to this.  Time will tell.  If I’m Coach Mays and I’m not I would sue the parents for recording our conversation with my knowledge.  End of story.  The person who is at fault is the dad plain and simple.  As soon as the dad finished the conversation with Coach Mays he turned right around and contacted another coach in 10th region.  Coaches do talk to one another, so this is confirmed.  Also the ex spouse said he (the kid)  would not be leaving Boyd.

My question is how will the Boyd coaches fill about the conversation when in fact the dad has said things about the coaches at Boyd.  My guess it will be very hard and I fill so sorry for this kid.  Whom seems to be a good kid.  Once again the parents are ruining hs sports.
Dad, Boyd Coaches/Administration, and Ashland Coaches/Administration ALL have the recording. 

And Coach Mays is ALSO at fault sir. No matter who called who, recruiting is against the rules. And it is fact that he recruited the kid in this phone call/recording. Again, said it on here several times, I do not condone what the dad did in any way. Probably was trying to get him in trouble, I don't deny that. But acting like Coach Mays is innocent because of the dad being an idiot is deflecting.
(06-08-2022, 02:18 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 01:30 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]The only person who has the original recording is the dad, Boyd may have a copy don’t know for sure.  With that said the administration at Boyd has heard it along with Coach Anderson,  also the administration at Ashland has heard it along with coach Mays. The superintendent was the only person in both administration that has said to do anything to Coach Mays and that’s it.  The state may or may not add to this.  Time will tell.  If I’m Coach Mays and I’m not I would sue the parents for recording our conversation with my knowledge.  End of story.  The person who is at fault is the dad plain and simple.  As soon as the dad finished the conversation with Coach Mays he turned right around and contacted another coach in 10th region.  Coaches do talk to one another, so this is confirmed.  Also the ex spouse said he (the kid)  would not be leaving Boyd.

My question is how will the Boyd coaches fill about the conversation when in fact the dad has said things about the coaches at Boyd.  My guess it will be very hard and I fill so sorry for this kid.  Whom seems to be a good kid.  Once again the parents are ruining hs sports.
Dad, Boyd Coaches/Administration, and Ashland Coaches/Administration ALL have the recording. 

And Coach Mays is ALSO at fault sir. No matter who called who, recruiting is against the rules. And it is fact that he recruited the kid in this phone call/recording. Again, said it on here several times, I do not condone what the dad did in any way. Probably was trying to get him in trouble, I don't deny that. But acting like Coach Mays is innocent because of the dad being an idiot is deflecting.
Coach Mays did not recruit this kid! A parent called him promoting his eighth grade son.  Saying it over and over might make you feel better but that does not make it true.
Happy would be proud!
(06-08-2022, 03:35 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 02:18 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

Coach Mays did not recruit this kid! A parent called him promoting his eighth grade son.  Saying it over and over might make you feel better but that does not make it true.
Believe what you will man, have YOU heard the recording?  Wink
(06-08-2022, 11:29 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]

You are basing your comments off of what was said on this site and not the article in the paper. Hey man…I got baby elephants in my back yard that shit gold bricks. I’ll sell you one for 100 dollars. Do you believe that as well?

Ummm…he coaches at a public school and competes against other public schools across the state.  It’s all tax payers business.
(06-08-2022, 04:38 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 11:29 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ummm…he coaches at a public school and competes against other public schools across the state.  It’s all tax payers business.

Post the tape to social media

No maroon in this house!  I was a coach and this is embarrassing.  Let the kids play.  This is an adult tactic to shake up a team.
(06-08-2022, 06:32 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 11:22 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]It is looking more like he didn’t recruit.  Just a daddy embarrassing himself and his kid.  

No maroon in this house!  I was a coach and this is embarrassing.  Let the kids play.  This is an adult tactic to shake up a team.
Shake up a team?  This was the lead story in the sports section of the local paper and all over social media.  The coach or school should voluntarily post the tapes to de-escalate this situation since all is good and it is this Dad that is the bad guy.  Post this tape publicly so they can all go back to just playing basketball.
(06-08-2022, 07:36 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 12:42 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "It is looking like he didn't recruit"?  If I had a kid on the team and he was being derogatory toward him with an opposing team Dad to get them to his school I would be very, very ticked.  Again, if one of the people out there that has the tape would just release it publicly this may just all go away if there was actually no recruiting or taking shots at his current players.

Shake up a team?  This was the lead story in the sports section of the local paper and all over social media.  The coach or school should voluntarily post the tapes to de-escalate this situation since all is good and it is this Dad that is the bad guy.  Post this tape publicly so they can all go back to just playing basketball.

The rules say you can’t recruit. There are other coaches that occasionally dabble in enticing another high school kid to come play for them in certain situations.  This Ashland 3-4 years has turned into blatant recruiting and disregard for KHSAA rules and regulations to a level few coaches ever reach to.  How do we know this?  Well, how many of their impact players are brought up through the Ashland system vs how many are brought in ready made?  Why should some coaches get a slap on the wrist for gaining success through blatant disregard for rules and regulations while other coaches are rules abiding developing players in house from an early age?  

if rules change and recruiting is legal at the high school level then let’s open the doors for all coaches to aggressively recruit in the same nature to even the playing field.  If not, then the blatant disrespect (and success acquired through this cheating) for KHSAA rules should be punished appropriately. A few games suspension is nothing and by no means addresses the seriousness of this situation.  School administration should be held accountable as well for downplaying and turning a blind eye to the cheating win at all cost attitude.  

If I’m wrong then publish the recordings which I anticipate going mainstream at some point in the near future anyway.
That dad should be forced to get a big Tomcat tattoo on his lower back.

Contact attorney?  I’m guessing the coach would not want be deposed where he has to answer any question asked under oath (specifically recruiting questions).

You must not have heard the recording.
(06-08-2022, 11:49 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 01:21 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]The dad called the coach.  What makes you think that he wanted the player?  I am hearing that he did not say anything derogatory about the players.  Seems that the dad was shopping the kid around.  1. You seem to be very pushy about trying to get someone else to release this to the public.  2. This account was created in May of this year.  Lol.  Seems fishy to me on who this might be and what school you support.  Maybe just pushing an agenda.

The rules say you can’t recruit. There are other coaches that occasionally dabble in enticing another high school kid to come play for them in certain situations.  This Ashland 3-4 years has turned into blatant recruiting and disregard for KHSAA rules and regulations to a level few coaches ever reach to.  How do we know this?  Well, how many of their impact players are brought up through the Ashland system vs how many are brought in ready made?  Why should some coaches get a slap on the wrist for gaining success through blatant disregard for rules and regulations while other coaches are rules abiding developing players in house from an early age?  

if rules change and recruiting is legal at the high school level then let’s open the doors for all coaches to aggressively recruit in the same nature to even the playing field.  If not, then the blatant disrespect (and success acquired through this cheating) for KHSAA rules should be punished appropriately. A few games suspension is nothing and by no means addresses the seriousness of this situation.  School administration should be held accountable as well for downplaying and turning a blind eye to the cheating win at all cost attitude.  

If I’m wrong then publish the recordings which I anticipate going mainstream at some point in the near future anyway.
Can you tell me a coach who has developed there best player and been homegrown talent?
(06-09-2022, 01:21 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 09:58 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm hearing"...Seems a bit fishy to me.  I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't play, I don't have any family members I follow closely in sports, but I have always followed East Ky high school  basketball in general and watch lots of games.  Sounds like you wear Maroon to work every day.  I'm one that believes where there is smoke....

Can you tell me a coach who has developed there best player and been homegrown talent?
Again, you may find a school that has a single player move in occasionally…That is wrong and if caught recruiting they should be punished accordingly.  The difference here this is blatant disregard, openly, carefree, continuous over the top rule breaking.  A slap in the face to KHSAA rules and regulations.  The starting five has nobody from the host school…for years now (ok I’ll give you one).  Fans and coaches alike openly talk about who they are bringing for the overhaul that would be coming in the following year.  If he has gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar then the punishment should be severe to him along with the administration that condones this behavior.

Please tell me other schools in East Kentucky that fit this bill?

(06-09-2022, 02:01 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 01:21 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 06:32 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]No maroon in this house!  I was a coach and this is embarrassing.  Let the kids play.  This is an adult tactic to shake up a team.

Again, you may find a school that has a single player move in occasionally…That is wrong and if caught recruiting they should be punished accordingly.  The difference here this is blatant disregard, openly, carefree, continuous over the top rule breaking.  A slap in the face to KHSAA rules and regulations.  The starting five has nobody from the host school…for years now (ok I’ll give you one).  Fans and coaches alike openly talk about who they are bringing for the overhaul that would be coming in the following year.  If he has gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar then the punishment should be severe to him along with the administration that condones this behavior.

Please tell me other schools in East Kentucky that fit this bill?
To more clearly answer your question:

Bath
Boyd
Fleming
Elliott
Rowan
Menifee
West Carter
Raceland
East Carter
Fairview
Greenup
Lewis
Rose Hill
Morgan
Ashland has won 12 games in a row against Boyd, including the last 2 games in the district and region tournament which were won by a combined 51 points. The recording parent’s player scored single digits on 23% shooting with zero 3’s in those games. Boyd parents have held back players in several classes in an effort to win at boys basketball. When parents go “all in” like this and still end up losing, they’ll try to destroy anything in their way of basketball glory. Mays and Ashland are in the way. Therefore here we are now with a recording of Mays.

Boyd got Fairland senior transfer Gunner Short 5 years ago. He led their team in scoring and led them to a region title along with their “homegrown” talent of Blake Stewart and Talbott Taylor. In the last few years, the Boyd girls have added Cabell Midland’s McKenna Adkins, Charity and Payton Shears from West Virginia, East Carter’s Harley Paynter, Huntington St. Joe’s Hannah Roberts and Laney Whitmore, and Marshall coach’s daughter Taylor Bartrum. It is rumored more from George Washington WV are on their way for the coming season. In other words, Boyd athletics are launching stones at Ashland and Mays from a fragile glass house.

Mays has had one impact transfer who happened to be one of the best players ever in the 16th region, Colin Porter. Porter combined with the “homegrown” talent of Cole Villers, Ethan Sellars, Ethan Hudson, Justin Bradley, and Devaunte Robinson to give Mays a lot of success. Porter wasn’t even there the first year that Ashland won the region under Mays.

Overall, though, I’d say the evidence says that Mays isn’t much of a “recruiter”. Perhaps that’s why he’s not coaching college anymore. Cabell Midland’s Sean Marcum had 4 points and 5 rebounds a game in his one season there. James Mayor stands 6-10 but has yet to see the floor. Zander Carter is a very good player, but not a difference maker. I’d argue that Tucker Conway, who shot 55% from 3 last season was just as good, but just got his chance later on. If Mays was willing to entertain the call from the parent of the player who posted the stats I listed above, then Mays is not very intelligent. Maybe he deserves to be punished for that.

Rheyce Deboard transferred from Russell to Boyd prior to his freshman season. I suppose Boyd was OK with that? You think Russell was happy about it? It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with player of the year Brady Bell last season. Deboard led Boyd in scoring, though, and led them to the region title game last year. Deboard is at Ashland now. I can see how this would be upsetting to the Boyd parents who have gone “all in” looking for that trip to Rupp. Boyd would have been the clear cut region favorite next season with Deboard. Now it’s a bit closer.

With all that being said, what about the other schools in the region that don’t get the vast number of transfers that Boyd and Ashland do? How would you like to try competing against them year after year? The boys and girls basketball “transfer” and “recruiting” pendulum has swung back and forth between Boyd and Ashland over the past decade. Irony and hypocrisy are on full display in this situation.
(06-09-2022, 03:17 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Ashland has won 12 games in a row against Boyd, including the last 2 games in the district and region tournament which were won by a combined 51 points.  The recording parent’s player scored single digits on 23% shooting with zero 3’s in those games.  Boyd parents have held back players in several classes in an effort to win at boys basketball.  When parents go “all in” like this and still end up losing, they’ll try to destroy anything in their way of basketball glory.  Mays and Ashland are in the way.  Therefore here we are now with a recording of Mays.

Boyd got Fairland senior transfer Gunner Short 5 years ago.  He led their team in scoring and led them to a region title along with their “homegrown” talent of Blake Stewart and Talbott Taylor.  In the last few years, the Boyd girls have added Cabell Midland’s McKenna Adkins, Charity and Payton Shears from West Virginia, East Carter’s Harley Paynter, Huntington St. Joe’s Hannah Roberts and Laney Whitmore, and Marshall coach’s daughter Taylor Bartrum.  It is rumored more from George Washington WV are on their way for the coming season.  In other words, Boyd athletics are launching stones at Ashland and Mays from a fragile glass house.

Mays has had one impact transfer who happened to be one of the best players ever in the 16th region, Colin Porter.  Porter combined with the “homegrown” talent of Cole Villers, Ethan Sellars, Ethan Hudson, Justin Bradley, and Devaunte Robinson to give Mays a lot of success.  Porter wasn’t even there the first year that Ashland won the region under Mays.

Overall, though, I’d say the evidence says that Mays isn’t much of a “recruiter”.  Perhaps that’s why he’s not coaching college anymore.  Cabell Midland’s Sean Marcum had 4 points and 5 rebounds a game in his one season there.  James Mayor stands 6-10 but has yet to see the floor.  Zander Carter is a very good player, but not a difference maker.  I’d argue that Tucker Conway, who shot 55% from 3 last season was just as good, but just got his chance later on.  If Mays was willing to entertain the call from the parent of the player who posted the stats I listed above, then Mays is not very intelligent.  Maybe he deserves to be punished for that.

Rheyce Deboard transferred from Russell to Boyd prior to his freshman season.  I suppose Boyd was OK with that?  You think Russell was happy about it?  It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with player of the year Brady Bell last season.  Deboard led Boyd in scoring, though, and led them to the region title game last year.  Deboard is at Ashland now.  I can see how this would be upsetting to the Boyd parents who have gone “all in” looking for that trip to Rupp.  Boyd would have been the clear cut region favorite next season with Deboard.  Now it’s a bit closer.

With all that being said, what about the other schools in the region that don’t get the vast number of transfers that Boyd and Ashland do?  How would you like to try competing against them year after year?  The boys and girls basketball “transfer” and “recruiting” pendulum has swung back and forth between Boyd and Ashland over the past decade.  Irony and hypocrisy are on full display in this situation.
Save it for your appeal with KHSAA.  You are twisting and turning the truth to cover the depth of unprecedented recruiting that hasn’t gone unnoticed by other KHSAA team members and administration.
In my experience the team or fans of teams that yell recruiting can’t handle getting their tails kicked on the court or field by the other school so the cry about it. Stop crying and get better
(06-09-2022, 05:22 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]In my experience the team or fans of teams that yell recruiting can’t handle getting their tails kicked  on the court or field by the other school so the cry about it. Stop crying and get better

Usually nobody cares if you cheat until you cheat enough to win.  That is the point that the cheating you have done gets you in deep do do and remorse sets in.  Just win the right way like most other teams.
(06-09-2022, 05:08 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 03:17 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Ashland has won 12 games in a row against Boyd, including the last 2 games in the district and region tournament which were won by a combined 51 points.  The recording parent’s player scored single digits on 23% shooting with zero 3’s in those games.  Boyd parents have held back players in several classes in an effort to win at boys basketball.  When parents go “all in” like this and still end up losing, they’ll try to destroy anything in their way of basketball glory.  Mays and Ashland are in the way.  Therefore here we are now with a recording of Mays.

Boyd got Fairland senior transfer Gunner Short 5 years ago.  He led their team in scoring and led them to a region title along with their “homegrown” talent of Blake Stewart and Talbott Taylor.  In the last few years, the Boyd girls have added Cabell Midland’s McKenna Adkins, Charity and Payton Shears from West Virginia, East Carter’s Harley Paynter, Huntington St. Joe’s Hannah Roberts and Laney Whitmore, and Marshall coach’s daughter Taylor Bartrum.  It is rumored more from George Washington WV are on their way for the coming season.  In other words, Boyd athletics are launching stones at Ashland and Mays from a fragile glass house.

Mays has had one impact transfer who happened to be one of the best players ever in the 16th region, Colin Porter.  Porter combined with the “homegrown” talent of Cole Villers, Ethan Sellars, Ethan Hudson, Justin Bradley, and Devaunte Robinson to give Mays a lot of success.  Porter wasn’t even there the first year that Ashland won the region under Mays.

Overall, though, I’d say the evidence says that Mays isn’t much of a “recruiter”.  Perhaps that’s why he’s not coaching college anymore.  Cabell Midland’s Sean Marcum had 4 points and 5 rebounds a game in his one season there.  James Mayor stands 6-10 but has yet to see the floor.  Zander Carter is a very good player, but not a difference maker.  I’d argue that Tucker Conway, who shot 55% from 3 last season was just as good, but just got his chance later on.  If Mays was willing to entertain the call from the parent of the player who posted the stats I listed above, then Mays is not very intelligent.  Maybe he deserves to be punished for that.

Rheyce Deboard transferred from Russell to Boyd prior to his freshman season.  I suppose Boyd was OK with that?  You think Russell was happy about it?  It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with player of the year Brady Bell last season.  Deboard led Boyd in scoring, though, and led them to the region title game last year.  Deboard is at Ashland now.  I can see how this would be upsetting to the Boyd parents who have gone “all in” looking for that trip to Rupp.  Boyd would have been the clear cut region favorite next season with Deboard.  Now it’s a bit closer.

With all that being said, what about the other schools in the region that don’t get the vast number of transfers that Boyd and Ashland do?  How would you like to try competing against them year after year?  The boys and girls basketball “transfer” and “recruiting” pendulum has swung back and forth between Boyd and Ashland over the past decade.  Irony and hypocrisy are on full display in this situation.
Save it for your appeal with KHSAA.  You are twisting and turning the truth to cover the depth of unprecedented recruiting that hasn’t gone unnoticed by other KHSAA team members and administration.
This dude that you just quoted is being so truthful and you still can’t see it. Are you the parent that did the recording?  If not you sure are making a good case to be.  

(06-09-2022, 06:12 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 05:22 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]In my experience the team or fans of teams that yell recruiting can’t handle getting their tails kicked  on the court or field by the other school so the cry about it. Stop crying and get better

Usually nobody cares if you cheat until you cheat enough to win.  That is the point that the cheating you have done gets you in deep do do and remorse sets in.  Just win the right way like most other teams.
You need to re read the previous post. You can go back to 2007 and Elliot had kids not from there to win.  Get over it.
(06-09-2022, 10:27 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 05:08 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

This dude that you just quoted is being so truthful and you still can’t see it. Are you the parent that did the recording?  If not you sure are making a good case to be.  

(06-09-2022, 06:12 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

You need to re read the previous post. You can go back to 2007 and Elliot had kids not from there to win.  Get over it.
Follow the rules, stop cheating, quit making excuses because there is no excuse for cheating to this magnitude.

Elliott had one kid not originally from there during their successful run over the span of a decade.  Just like most all other teams, they had a system to develop in county talent from a young age.  They don’t aggressively recruit blatantly giving the middle finger to KHSAA admin.
Elliot had 3. 2 Knipp’s and 1 Maynard

Do you think Coach Fraley don’t recruit?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21