Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
OK so from an outsider looking in. The KHSAA isn't going to do a thing to this coach. From the looks, the administration has suspended the coach for four games. Which is probably four games too many. From reading it, I feel like slamming my head on the keyboard. Something tells me that others want to do the same. You can be upset that you're not getting the desired satisfaction. What would be outstanding is if an admin closed this thread and sent it out to pasture
(11-14-2022, 06:18 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: [ -> ]OK so from an outsider looking in.  The KHSAA isn't going to do a thing to this coach.  From the looks, the administration has suspended the coach for four games.  Which is probably four games too many.  From reading it, I feel like slamming my head on the keyboard.  Something tells me that others want to do the same.  You can be upset that you're not getting the desired satisfaction.  What would be outstanding is if an admin closed this thread and sent it out to pasture
It is a forum and more specifically you don’t have to like anything about it or visit it. You chose too. All this thread is opinion mostly. IMO. Mays isn’t the coach by the first game. Ashland gets hammered with fines and mandatory training with the Khsaa. Very similar to what Bowling green received but stiffer do to his total disregard for the Khsaa bylaws. Multiple violations and kids involved. Over 1k views this week. I don’t think it’s old. I think everyone is waiting for the grand ending of his stained coaching career at ashland. I just hope the kids don’t suffer from his greed to win at all cost.
The longer this goes on, the more it does impact the team. Lines get drawn in the sand, and players, coaches, and parents always choose one side. I realize it's a forum. I have been here for several years. I don't understand the back-and-forth of this tape. Seems like the schools are separated by only a few miles. Parents these days always want their kids to win now. Most coaches I know follow the rules. They will not recruit. They will give the paperwork needed to transfer but don't they do not cross that line. Now for those coaches, I know they won't talk to a kid until they are enrolled.

If there is a tape, I would like to hear it. Only so that I could base an opinion on what I hear from the coach says and what the parent says. I would like to base my opinion on the matter from facts not just words that are written. I don't know this coach. I wouldn't know if this is an isolated incident or something he has done in the past. I wish everyone well and I hope for the sake of the coaches and players that it comes to a close soon. Play ball

damn grammerly.

Now if i were to hear this tape and the coach says " I want him here. I will guarantee him this or that. I will even give to you Mr Parent this or that " then I would say terminate with cause.

But if its a conversation of hypotheticals then for the love of god let it go.
(11-14-2022, 06:55 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: [ -> ]The longer this goes on, the more it does impact the team.  Lines get drawn in the sand, and players, coaches, and parents always choose one side.    I realize it's a forum.  I have been here for several years.    I don't understand the back-and-forth of this tape.    Seems like the schools are separated by only a few miles.  Parents these days always want their kids to win now.  Most coaches I know follow the rules.  They will not recruit.  They will give the paperwork needed to transfer but don't they do not cross that line.  Now for those coaches, I know they won't talk to a kid until they are enrolled. 

If there is a tape, I would like to hear it.  Only so that I could base an opinion on what I hear from the coach says and what the parent says.  I would like to base my opinion on the matter from facts not just words that are written.  I don't know this coach.  I wouldn't know if this is an isolated incident or something he has done in the past.  I wish everyone well and I hope for the sake of the coaches and players that it comes to a close soon.  Play ball

damn grammerly.

Now if i were to hear this tape and the coach says " I want him here.  I will guarantee him this or that.  I will even give to you Mr Parent this or that " then I would  say terminate with cause. 

But if its a conversation of hypotheticals then for the love of god let it go.
Scroll up. This thread has a link to listen to him begging the dad to bring him and among other kids. It obvious or go to the 10th region.com.  Then make an educated decision.  Most of the people with opinion never listened to it.
Vols0528 the tape was revealed on here a long time ago lol
As for the popularity of this thread, any time the winningest high school basketball program in the state of Kentucky is caught up in a recruiting scandal, sports fans will take notice. Add to that the fact that there’s a private phone call that was recorded and released on the internet and you’ve got yourself a soap opera situation.

Throw in an arrogant coach at Ashland, a lunatic father from Boyd, a senior transfer from Boyd to Ashland who the lunatic father despises, his boy being touted as the next OJ Mayo, a few other transfers at Ashland from Boyd, Greenup, and the Sudan, a headstrong principal at Ashland, and perhaps the most hypocritical bunch of people at Boyd from administrators to parents across all sports that I’ve ever seen…and yeah, you’ve got yourself 31,000 views.

It’s surprising none of the local media has had the guts to dig into the details of what’s going on. We seem to have an area full of wannabe high school sports reporters in addition to the stalwarts at the Daily Independent. So many clicks and views they could be mining from this story, but rarely a word from any of them. Strange.
i listened to 7 min of this garbage. I don't need to hear anything more. This coach was not begging for this kid. It was clear from the conversation starting at 13 seconds in that he was returning a call. It was clear 5 min in that he was giving education as to how the as a incoming freshman how paper how to be handled and that if the kid waiting past the end of the school year it became a transfer situation. He explained all of that.

It was the father that is clearly a peace of garbage. " yeh, coach This is between you and I I understand confidentiality" Then bashing a kid named Race, and calling him a cancer and that it was HE that wanted to get his son away from the situation. I needed to only listen to this to tell you that your crying a game that if it went to court you would lose hands down.

Saying that. I understand the suspension given to the coach. He discussed another kid from his own team and that is something that he should not have done. But given the situation, it was clear that the parent and this coach had a history. If I were this coach I would find this guy and we would not have a pleasant conversation or outcome.

I was expecting something else reading all this. There is nothing here and you Boyd people need to let it go. Your wonderful parent is garbage. Pure garbage and a coward.

lets dive a little deeper and apply the KISS method. Boyd Co was just fine and dandy with any recruiting that was happening within or around up until 2017. It wasn't until 2018 that Ashland starting catching up to Boyd and moving past them. Now suddenly its a issue.

The thing is that Boyd isn't bad. They win a lot of games. I went back 10 years and looked at records. It wasn't all that long ago that Boyd was in the sweet 16. Move on and just play ball.

This parent went in to set this coach up. It worked congratulations.

I read this is a long going issue with Mays at Ashland. How can that be. He came in at Ashland in 2019 33-0 sweet 16 that was cxl. 2020 22-5 and again sweet 16 2021 26-6 and again sweet 16. That same time Boyd hasn't beaten Ashland and honestly looking at the scores they aren't even competitive for the most part. There you go. So no wonder this parent wanted to send his son to Ashland. Hell, I don't blame him. History is what it is under this coach.

Mar 3, 2019 Ashland Blazer 59 Boyd County 43 2019 16th Region Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Jan 12, 2020 Ashland Blazer 71 Boyd County 60
Jan 29, 2020 Ashland Blazer 55 Boyd County 50
Feb 27, 2020 Ashland Blazer 62 Boyd County 55 2020 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Jan 9, 2021 Ashland Blazer 54 Boyd County 52
Jan 30, 2021 Boyd County 0 Ashland Blazer 0 COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy
Feb 14, 2021 Ashland Blazer 81 Boyd County 59
Mar 1, 2021 Ashland Blazer 67 Boyd County 57
Mar 18, 2021 Ashland Blazer 69 Boyd County 64 2021 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Jan 11, 2022 Ashland Blazer 72 Boyd County 54
Jan 25, 2022 Ashland Blazer 88 Boyd County 62
Feb 24, 2022 Ashland Blazer 82 Boyd County 63 2022 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Mar 8, 2022 Ashland Blazer 84 Boyd County 52 2022 16th Region Boys Basketball Tournament Championship

and if you really want to get salty there Boyd fans historically Ashland is your daddy. That certainly has to sting a little I'm sure. Again no dog in the fight but I love to look at numbers. They are what they are and they show what you are against em.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...4378413d3d

For the record I'm a 10 Region guy
For somebody that wants this thread to go away, you sure have no problem making lengthy posts about it  Big Grin

Coach Mays broke the rules plain and simple, or this would've went away a long time ago. From what i'm hearing, the program will receive the punishment very soon.
(11-14-2022, 09:16 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: [ -> ]i listened to 7 min of this garbage.  I don't need to hear anything more.  This coach was not begging for this kid.  It was clear from the conversation starting at 13 seconds in that he was returning a call.  It was clear 5 min in that he was giving education as to how the as a incoming freshman how paper how to be handled and that if the kid waiting past the end of the school year it became a transfer situation.  He explained all of that. 

It was the father that is clearly a peace of garbage.  " yeh, coach This is between you and I I understand confidentiality"  Then bashing a kid named Race, and calling him a cancer and that it was HE that wanted to get his son away from the situation.  I needed to only listen to this to tell you that your crying a game that if it went to court you would lose hands down.

Saying that.  I understand the suspension given to the coach.  He discussed another kid from his own team and that is something that he should not have done.  But given the situation, it was clear that the parent and this coach had a history.  If I were this coach I would find this guy and we would not have a pleasant conversation or outcome. 

I was expecting something else reading all this.  There is nothing here and you Boyd people need to let it go.  Your wonderful parent is garbage.  Pure garbage and a coward.

lets dive a little deeper and apply the KISS method.  Boyd Co was just fine and dandy with any recruiting that was happening within or around up until 2017.  It wasn't until 2018 that Ashland starting catching up to Boyd and moving past them.  Now suddenly its a issue.

The thing is that Boyd isn't bad.  They win a lot of games.  I went back 10 years and looked at records.  It wasn't all that long ago that Boyd was in the sweet 16.  Move on and just play ball.

This parent went in to set this coach up.  It worked congratulations.

I read this is a long going issue with Mays at Ashland.  How can that be.  He came in at Ashland in 2019 33-0 sweet 16 that was cxl.  2020 22-5 and again sweet 16 2021 26-6 and again sweet 16.  That same time Boyd hasn't beaten Ashland and honestly looking at the scores they aren't even competitive for the most part.  There you go.  So no wonder this parent wanted to send his son to Ashland.  Hell, I don't blame him.  History is what it is under this coach. 

Mar 3, 2019 Ashland Blazer 59 Boyd County 43 2019 16th Region Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Feb 27, 2020 Ashland Blazer 62 Boyd County 55 2020 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Mar 18, 2021 Ashland Blazer 69 Boyd County 64 2021 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Feb 24, 2022 Ashland Blazer 82 Boyd County 63 2022 64th District Boys Basketball Tournament Championship
Mar 8, 2022 Ashland Blazer 84 Boyd County 52 2022 16th Region Boys Basketball Tournament Championship

and if you really want to get salty there Boyd fans historically Ashland is your daddy.  That certainly has to sting a little I'm sure.  Again no dog in the fight but I love to look at numbers.  They are what they are and they show what you are against em.   

No dog in the fight. Haha your rant is about everything but mays begging this kid to come. Promises the kid everything from being the leading scorer in Ashland history and wanting him over the bc kid he had already recruited. You are delusional at best. Obviously you on here defending mays recruiting multiple players from across the state and bashing his kids. You siding with that. Tells me all I need to know about your lack of respect for bylaws and the governing body. It’s pathetic really. Why have rules. Wild Wild West. Believe me your not a 10 region guy. Your a Mays man.

(11-14-2022, 08:11 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]As for the popularity of this thread, any time the winningest high school basketball program in the state of Kentucky is caught up in a recruiting scandal, sports fans will take notice.  Add to that the fact that there’s a private phone call that was recorded and released on the internet and you’ve got yourself a soap opera situation.

Throw in an arrogant coach at Ashland, a lunatic father from Boyd, a senior transfer from Boyd to Ashland who the lunatic father despises, his boy being touted as the next OJ Mayo, a few other transfers at Ashland from Boyd, Greenup, and the Sudan, a headstrong principal at Ashland, and perhaps the most hypocritical bunch of people at Boyd from administrators to parents across all sports that I’ve ever seen…and yeah, you’ve got yourself 31,000 views.

It’s surprising none of the local media has had the guts to dig into the details of what’s going on.  We seem to have an area full of wannabe high school sports reporters in addition to the stalwarts at the Daily Independent.  So many clicks and views they could be mining from this story, but rarely a word from any of them.  Strange.
This is a sad story. Mays using ashland for his own benefit to promote himself. Ashland kids getting recruited over and talked about by there coach. It’s sickening really. His only support at ashland is Campbell. Everyone else is embarrassed of this entire situation. 3 game suspension for a coach kicked out of a game for unsportsmanlike conduct. 4 games suspension for multiple violations and kids. Campbell definitely has a future in politics.  He sure can’t control a school. His coach or any other system of controls.
(11-15-2022, 12:10 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 09:16 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: [ -> ]i listened to 7 min of this garbage.  I don't need to hear anything more.  This coach was not begging for this kid.  It was clear from the conversation starting at 13 seconds in that he was returning a call.  It was clear 5 min in that he was giving education as to how the as a incoming freshman how paper how to be handled and that if the kid waiting past the end of the school year it became a transfer situation.  He explained all of that. 

It was the father that is clearly a peace of garbage.  " yeh, coach This is between you and I I understand confidentiality"  Then bashing a kid named Race, and calling him a cancer and that it was HE that wanted to get his son away from the situation.  I needed to only listen to this to tell you that your crying a game that if it went to court you would lose hands down.

Saying that.  I understand the suspension given to the coach.  He discussed another kid from his own team and that is something that he should not have done.  But given the situation, it was clear that the parent and this coach had a history.  If I were this coach I would find this guy and we would not have a pleasant conversation or outcome. 

I was expecting something else reading all this.  There is nothing here and you Boyd people need to let it go.  Your wonderful parent is garbage.  Pure garbage and a coward.

lets dive a little deeper and apply the KISS method.  Boyd Co was just fine and dandy with any recruiting that was happening within or around up until 2017.  It wasn't until 2018 that Ashland starting catching up to Boyd and moving past them.  Now suddenly its a issue.

The thing is that Boyd isn't bad.  They win a lot of games.  I went back 10 years and looked at records.  It wasn't all that long ago that Boyd was in the sweet 16.  Move on and just play ball.

This parent went in to set this coach up.  It worked congratulations.

I read this is a long going issue with Mays at Ashland.  How can that be.  He came in at Ashland in 2019 33-0 sweet 16 that was cxl.  2020 22-5 and again sweet 16 2021 26-6 and again sweet 16.  That same time Boyd hasn't beaten Ashland and honestly looking at the scores they aren't even competitive for the most part.  There you go.  So no wonder this parent wanted to send his son to Ashland.  Hell, I don't blame him.  History is what it is under this coach. 

and if you really want to get salty there Boyd fans historically Ashland is your daddy.  That certainly has to sting a little I'm sure.  Again no dog in the fight but I love to look at numbers.  They are what they are and they show what you are against em.   

No dog in the fight. Haha your rant is about everything but mays begging this kid to come. Promises the kid everything from being the leading scorer in Ashland history and wanting him over the bc kid he had already recruited. You are delusional at best. Obviously you on here defending mays recruiting multiple players from across the state and bashing his kids. You siding with that. Tells me all I need to know about your lack of respect for bylaws and the governing body. It’s pathetic really. Why have rules. Wild Wild West. Believe me your not a 10 region guy. Your a Mays man.

(11-14-2022, 08:11 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]As for the popularity of this thread, any time the winningest high school basketball program in the state of Kentucky is caught up in a recruiting scandal, sports fans will take notice.  Add to that the fact that there’s a private phone call that was recorded and released on the internet and you’ve got yourself a soap opera situation.

It’s surprising none of the local media has had the guts to dig into the details of what’s going on.  We seem to have an area full of wannabe high school sports reporters in addition to the stalwarts at the Daily Independent.  So many clicks and views they could be mining from this story, but rarely a word from any of them.  Strange.
This is a sad story. Mays using ashland for his own benefit to promote himself. Ashland kids getting recruited over and talked about by there coach. It’s sickening really. His only support at ashland is Campbell. Everyone else is embarrassed of this entire situation. 3 game suspension for a coach kicked out of a game for unsportsmanlike conduct. 4 games suspension for multiple violations and kids. Campbell definitely has a future in politics.  He sure can’t control a school. His coach or any other system of controls.
Look for it to be similar punishment to that of Rose Hill a few years ago.  Could somebody provide a history lesson on what that enforcement action was?
Apparently, Julian Tackett has awakened from his slumber and communicated to Principal Campbell that his measly 4 game self imposed suspension of Coach Jason Mays will not suffice. Prior to the Tomcat opener on December 2nd, we should hear what the new punishment will be for Coach Jason Mays and Tomcat basketball, whether the punishment is authored by Ashland or the KHSAA.

It's ironic that Ashland turned Fairview football in a decade ago. That resulted in the exodus of the coach, AD, principal, and superintendent. It also resulted in a one year postseason ban. Same situation with Rose Hill basketball 2 decades ago. We'll soon see how Ashland fares in comparison to their neighbors down the road.

It looks like the Boyd County Lions are on the verge of one of their biggest wins ever. Their athletic programs are on an unprecedented roll in the past 5 years. They've won 1 region in boys basketball, 1 district in football, 3 regions in girls basketball, 3 regions in boys soccer, 2 regions in volleyball, and 1 region in baseball with 5 West Virginians, 4 Russell Red Devils, 3 Ohioans, 2 Missourians, 2 Scandinavians, an East Carter Raider, a Paintsville Tiger, a Raceland Ram, and a Cherokee Chief from New Jersey. Now they might have just kneecapped their most hated rival down the road as well. What a run! Lion Pride!

As for Coach Jason Mays, as I said earlier in this thread, I can't imagine a man with his level of hubris going quietly into the night. I would fully expect lawsuits to ensue.

As for the artsy side of this morality play, though, his professional video crew who follows him around could put together quite a piece set to:

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
(11-15-2022, 11:22 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, Julian Tackett has awakened from his slumber and communicated to Principal Campbell that his measly 4 game self imposed suspension of Coach Jason Mays will not suffice.  Prior to the Tomcat opener on December 2nd, we should hear what the new punishment will be for Coach Jason Mays and Tomcat basketball, whether the punishment is authored by Ashland or the KHSAA.

It's ironic that Ashland turned Fairview football in a decade ago.  That resulted in the exodus of the coach, AD, principal, and superintendent.  It also resulted in a one year postseason ban.  Same situation with Rose Hill basketball 2 decades ago.  We'll soon see how Ashland fares in comparison to their neighbors down the road.

It looks like the Boyd County Lions are on the verge of one of their biggest wins ever.  Their athletic programs are on an unprecedented roll in the past 5 years.  They've won 1 region in boys basketball, 1 district in football, 3 regions in girls basketball, 3 regions in boys soccer, 2 regions in volleyball, and 1 region in baseball with 5 West Virginians, 4 Russell Red Devils, 3 Ohioans, 2 Missourians, 2 Scandinavians, an East Carter Raider, a Paintsville Tiger, a Raceland Ram, and a Cherokee Chief from New Jersey.  Now they might have just kneecapped their most hated rival down the road as well.  What a run!  Lion Pride!

As for Coach Jason Mays, as I said earlier in this thread, I can't imagine a man with his level of hubris going quietly into the night.  I would fully expect lawsuits to ensue.

As for the artsy side of this morality play, though, his professional video crew who follows him around could put together quite a piece set to:

And now, the end is near
I did it my way
The suspension may be increased to possibly 7-10 games or maybe the month of December, which would make 13 games (which I think would be very extreme), but imo the coach will not be out the entire season. He hasn’t done that much of a violation to merit that level of a penalty. 
It’s sad really. He was in South Carolina with his son on a baseball trip in April when he receives the famous call from the dad pretending that he wanted to bring his 8th grade son to Ashland. Coach got drawn into a conversation that I’m sure looking back he knows he should have referred dad to the principal or guidance counselor and said goodbye. He does not have a history of many transfers. Four in his first four complete years of coaching. For posters to paint him as a blatant “recruiter” is not accurate (and you’re not one of them doing that 16thregioner). Ashland’s boys basketball’s amount of transfers is small potatoes compared to other schools around the state, including the 16th region. But coach broke a rule discussing the kid with the dad and it looks like penalties may be the result.
I think the dad could also be in legal problems too if Mays wants to pursue it. It’s one thing to tape a conversation but when you do it with a preconceived reasons to set up the other party and then turn it over to social media and others then that changes everything. The ironical thing about it from what I hear is the dad was wanting his kid at Ashland as far back as last year because of another player at Boyd but when that player came to Ashland in the spring that evidently infuriated the dad. And so he set in motion his scheme. I suppose we will know if he’s successful in his efforts when we see what the KHSAA and the school decides, probably sometime this week.
(11-15-2022, 12:01 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 11:22 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, Julian Tackett has awakened from his slumber and communicated to Principal Campbell that his measly 4 game self imposed suspension of Coach Jason Mays will not suffice.  Prior to the Tomcat opener on December 2nd, we should hear what the new punishment will be for Coach Jason Mays and Tomcat basketball, whether the punishment is authored by Ashland or the KHSAA.

It's ironic that Ashland turned Fairview football in a decade ago.  That resulted in the exodus of the coach, AD, principal, and superintendent.  It also resulted in a one year postseason ban.  Same situation with Rose Hill basketball 2 decades ago.  We'll soon see how Ashland fares in comparison to their neighbors down the road.

It looks like the Boyd County Lions are on the verge of one of their biggest wins ever.  Their athletic programs are on an unprecedented roll in the past 5 years.  They've won 1 region in boys basketball, 1 district in football, 3 regions in girls basketball, 3 regions in boys soccer, 2 regions in volleyball, and 1 region in baseball with 5 West Virginians, 4 Russell Red Devils, 3 Ohioans, 2 Missourians, 2 Scandinavians, an East Carter Raider, a Paintsville Tiger, a Raceland Ram, and a Cherokee Chief from New Jersey.  Now they might have just kneecapped their most hated rival down the road as well.  What a run!  Lion Pride!

As for Coach Jason Mays, as I said earlier in this thread, I can't imagine a man with his level of hubris going quietly into the night.  I would fully expect lawsuits to ensue.

And now, the end is near
I did it my way
The suspension may be increased to possibly 7-10 games or maybe the month of December, which would make 13 games (which I think would be very extreme), but imo the coach will not be out the entire season. He hasn’t done that much of a violation to merit that level of a penalty. 
It’s sad really. He was in South Carolina with his son on a baseball trip in April when he receives the famous call from the dad pretending that he wanted to bring his 8th grade son to Ashland. Coach got drawn into a conversation that I’m sure looking back he knows he should have referred dad to the principal or guidance counselor and said goodbye. He does not have a history of many transfers. Four in his first four complete years of coaching. For posters to paint him as a blatant “recruiter” is not accurate (and you’re not one of them doing that 16thregioner). Ashland’s boys basketball’s amount of transfers is small potatoes compared to other schools around the state, including the 16th region. But coach broke a rule discussing the kid with the dad and it looks like penalties may be the result.
I think the dad could also be in legal problems too if Mays wants to pursue it. It’s one thing to tape a conversation but when you do it with a preconceived reasons to set up the other party and then turn it over to social media and others then that changes everything. The ironical thing about it from what I hear is the dad was wanting his kid at Ashland as far back as last year because of another player at Boyd but when that player came to Ashland in the spring that evidently infuriated the dad. And so he set in motion his scheme. I suppose we will know if he’s successful in his efforts when we see what the KHSAA and the school decides, probably sometime this week.

Reality check headed your way.  

can anybody please tell me what Rose Hill’s punishment was years ago?
(11-15-2022, 11:22 AM)I16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, Julian Tackett has awakened from his slumber and communicated to Principal Campbell that his measly 4 game self imposed suspension of Coach Jason Mays will not suffice.  Prior to the Tomcat opener on December 2nd, we should hear what the new punishment will be for Coach Jason Mays and Tomcat basketball, whether the punishment is authored by Ashland or the KHSAA.

And now, the end is near
I did it my way
Haha that ending was spot on! We will see what the khsaa will do. Campbell has done nothing and won’t. He himself helps facilitate all the wrong doings. He is ultimately responsible for Mays and he failed beyond miserably.  From what I hear. The letter from Khsaa explains that to him. It’s sad when people take supervisor roles but aren’t willing to supervise. Neglect of duty and it looks like he help facilitate or cover up the recruiting.  Look I hope your sitting down when it all comes out about the actual number of kids mentioned in the khsaa letter. It’s more than a phone call. Mays has a pattern. You will see that it is mentioned by the khsaa as well on how he recruited other kids. Just look at the current roster. If you actually knew the kids like you say.
(11-15-2022, 12:20 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

And now, the end is near
I did it my way

I don’t know who your source is but I don’t think the punishment is going to be as severe as you’re implying. From what I hear maybe 8-10 games, somewhere in that neighborhood. I think if that’s true it is pretty overboard for what occurred but I’m sure Coach will do what they say and will learn from it.
(11-15-2022, 01:14 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]

And now, the end is near
I did it my way

I don’t know who your source is but I don’t think the punishment is going to be as severe as you’re implying. From what I hear maybe 8-10 games, somewhere in that neighborhood. I think if that’s true it is pretty overboard for what occurred but I’m sure Coach will do what they say and will learn from it.
You saying coach mays will do what they tell him now. SMH. After he got caught on multiple violations per the letter. It isn’t one kid. It isn’t one instance. Just so you are actually told the truth. It’s funny how they immediately let the baseball coach go for an alleged violation but double down with mays. Why do you think that is?
(11-15-2022, 01:22 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]

And now, the end is near
I did it my way

You saying coach mays will do what they tell him now. SMH. After he got caught on multiple violations per the letter. It isn’t one kid. It isn’t one instance. Just so you are actually told the truth. It’s funny how they immediately let the baseball coach go for an alleged violation but double down with mays. Why do you think that is?
Because in order for it to be at the level of recruiting violation that you would like to see it interpreted Mays would have had to have made the call to the dad, and he didn’t. The dad called and offered his son as a possible transfer and Mays told him he was welcome to the program and explained the program. And that is a violation but not at the same level as if he placed the call asking a parent to bring their son to Ashland. I’m sure the KHSAA will take that into consideration. That’s why it will not be a season ending sanction for him or released as coach by the school. What he did was technically a violation but due to him not being the originator of the call that makes a big difference. And I also believe the KHSAA will take into consideration the nature of what the dad did was out of personal anger as a motive. That’s just my take.
(11-15-2022, 01:37 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 01:22 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:01 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]The suspension may be increased to possibly 7-10 games or maybe the month of December, which would make 13 games (which I think would be very extreme), but imo the coach will not be out the entire season. He hasn’t done that much of a violation to merit that level of a penalty. 

Because in order for it to be at the level of recruiting violation that you would like to see it interpreted Mays would have had to have made the call to the dad, and he didn’t. The dad called and offered his son as a possible transfer and Mays told him he was welcome to the program and explained the program. And that is a violation but not at the same level as if he placed the call asking a parent to bring their son to Ashland. I’m sure the KHSAA will take that into consideration. That’s why it will not be a season ending sanction for him or released as coach by the school. What he did was technically a violation but due to him not being the originator of the call that makes a big difference. And I also believe the KHSAA will take into consideration the nature of what the dad did was out of personal anger as a motive. That’s just my take.
Honey just read bylaw 16. It doesn’t matter who originated the phone call. FYI Mays did. You will see that here in a few weeks when this decision is made among other kids and violations. Listening to audio the dad never once asked about bringing his kid to Ashland. Not one time asked. Idk why you continue to say it. It’s on the audio
Did some of you listen to the audio long enough to hear the statement made by Mays concerning the Bell kid from Russell? He said “I regret not going after the Bell kid harder”. Using common sense that should tell you something about him recruiting.
(11-15-2022, 02:21 PM)OldFlow Wrote: [ -> ]Did some of you listen to the audio long enough to hear the statement made by Mays concerning the Bell kid from Russell?  He said “I regret not going after the Bell kid harder”.  Using common sense that should tell you something about him recruiting.
He was joking, lol. He didn’t ever go after the Bell kid. It is my understanding Bell was thinking of maybe coming to Ashland and he told him he should stay at Russell. So that statement was a tongue in cheek statement in a conversation just kidding around. You’d have to know him to understand that.
(11-15-2022, 02:45 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 02:21 PM)OldFlow Wrote: [ -> ]Did some of you listen to the audio long enough to hear the statement made by Mays concerning the Bell kid from Russell?  He said “I regret not going after the Bell kid harder”.  Using common sense that should tell you something about him recruiting.
He was joking, lol. He didn’t ever go after the Bell kid. It is my understanding Bell was thinking of maybe coming to Ashland and he told him he should stay at Russell. So that statement was a tongue in cheek statement in a conversation just kidding around. You’d have to know him to understand that.

You should be a defense attorney. "He was joking, your honor!"
(11-15-2022, 03:07 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 02:45 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]

You should be a defense attorney. "He was joking, your honor!"
If he is a defense attorney, he is horrible.  Sounds more like my grandson making unreasonable excuses for doing something stupid.
He gone.
(11-15-2022, 05:20 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]He gone.
Congratulations Campbell for doing the right thing. Mays is fired!!
Folks it still ain’t over…Stay tuned!
I will be accepting apologies immediately, for anyone that thought anything I posted in this thread was incorrect. Its all good, lets be friends  Smile
(11-15-2022, 05:48 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Folks it still ain’t over…Stay tuned!

Going for the jugular, I see?
Anybody checked on Appalachian Cat?
(11-15-2022, 10:43 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody checked on Appalachian Cat?

Ky1976?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21