Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(06-22-2022, 09:10 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:29 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:23 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:03 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 04:25 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]The recording shows zero evidence of recruiting. For it to be that Coach Mays would have had to made the call to the dad, which he didn’t. The dad called him with info that he might transfer his eighth grade son. So Mays told him if that was his intention he was welcome. He also added that he didn’t handle transfers but others at Ashland’s system were responsible for that. Mays showed pride in his programs and bragged them up, you know….kind of like a back and forth discussion that was thought to be off the record. I’m sure dad had informed him in advance that he was recording the call Mays would have chosen his words differently and would have kept the conversation short.
Anyway, there is no smoking gun in this recording that shows recruiting or anything more than a rule infraction of talking to the parent, which has already been addressed by school administrators. 
The parent is the one at fault here, not the coach.
“I would love to get my hands on him. Now, I know that’s wrong for me to say because of where he’s at (Boyd County). But if there’s ever a time to do it, it’s right now to where he won’t have to do one ounce of KHSAA paperwork because he’s going to be an incoming freshman.”
“I would love to have him in our program… our program would change him for the better.”
“He would help us win a lot of games.”

Yeah Coach Mays wasn't trying to influence him at all  Big Grin
Conversation wouldn’t have happened if Spurlock doesn’t make the call.  He baited the guy.  Shady at best
How about (since I know this against the rules) HANG UP lol. Or "let me call ya back" and DONT lol.
How about not act like a child and be a man and don't record a conversation.  Man card went out the window and he can't get it back.  He will be labeled with this from now on.  The sad part about it is that it may only hurt his son's chances to maybe play ball one day.  Real adult decision and well thought out....LOL
Ok, this guy's kid will graduated in four years and the father will probably have nothing to do with high school basketball again.  Do you think a coach that generated a level of success beyond what a school had seen in recent history through cheating would be labeled if he/she continued to coach?  What about a school that generated success through cheating, would they be labeled as cheaters for years to come?  Would an administration that condoned or even supported or overlooked an environment that was conducive to cheating be labeled as unethical for years to come?

(06-22-2022, 10:43 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 06:02 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 04:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 01:57 PM)McDowellEagles Wrote: [ -> ]After listening to the entire 50 min call, I am shocked and dismayed that the Daily Independent has not followed up on their June 3 article. Nate Bryan, Larry Vaught and Ryan Lemond have all weighed in, where’s the local coverage from the James A. Anderson gym? Is the DI in so deep with Ashland that they’ve been gagged?

If this was in the 15th region, David and Darryl would have a temporary emergency base set up on the school's football field.

David and Darryl have their heads so far up Pikeville rear they cant deal with anything else other than the smell. They constantly defend the cheating thats going on there, which is worse than this case, while acting like they are unbiased. Two HOMERS.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone know D&D and Pikeville doesn’t have a great working relationship.

All I know for sure is that Pikeville administration or coaching staff members havent been found "red handed" trying to contact players to recruit them, recruiting them,  be negative about their own kids in conversations with rival school parents and ask their kid to come play over them, and boast about "stripe school giving the school $10,000 dollars (that I find funny).  Until then, Pikeville is not even a mention in this conversation.
SocratesKY  A coach that has had more success than in the recent past would be labeled a good coach.  There has not been 1 illegal recruited player in his 4 years coaching at Ashland.   Boyd can't say that.  They had a WV player and a Raceland Player on their Varsity roster the last 2 years that I know to be 100% fact.  That is a KHSAA violation that could cause the forfeit of all the wins in a season.  Ashland's success is because they had a group of young men that worked their butts off 365 days a year.  People want their kids to play on a winning team.  It doesn't mean that they are recruited.
(06-22-2022, 11:46 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]SocratesKY  A coach that has had more success than in the recent past would be labeled a good coach.  There has not been 1 illegal recruited player in his 4 years coaching at Ashland.   Boyd can't say that.  They had a WV player and a Raceland Player on their Varsity roster the last 2 years that I know to be 100% fact.  That is a KHSAA violation that could cause the forfeit of all the wins in a season.  Ashland's success is because they had a group of young men that worked their butts off 365 days a year.  People want their kids to play on a winning team.  It doesn't mean that they are recruited.

So you're saying these players were illegal? How so?
In bizarre twists to the story, both parties, Mays and the parent, have taken to Facebook this evening.

Mays is posting pictures of his players reading to elementary kids depicting a clean program where nothing has happened at all.

The parent is doubling down, claiming he never had any intention of sending his kid to Ashland, basically admitting he entrapped Mays, and is sadly still delivering insults regarding the kid who left Boyd.

Both parties seem a bit out of touch with reality at this point.

Mays needs a call from the KHSAA to wake him up since the Ashland administration apparently won’t.

The parent needs a call from the lawyer for the parents of this kid he keeps disparaging threatening to take some of his kid’s future NBA earnings for emotional distress, mental anguish, and defamation.
(06-22-2022, 11:46 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]SocratesKY  A coach that has had more success than in the recent past would be labeled a good coach.  There has not been 1 illegal recruited player in his 4 years coaching at Ashland.   Boyd can't say that.  They had a WV player and a Raceland Player on their Varsity roster the last 2 years that I know to be 100% fact.  That is a KHSAA violation that could cause the forfeit of all the wins in a season.  Ashland's success is because they had a group of young men that worked their butts off 365 days a year.  People want their kids to play on a winning team.  It doesn't mean that they are recruited.

"A coach that has had more success than in the recent past would be labeled a good coach" - A coach that goes outside the limitation of the recruiting regulations set forth by KHSAA to gain this success would be considered cheating to win.  If recruiting were legal then other school administrations would hire great recruiters instead of coaches that are good at developing players.  This would even the playing field, but since it is illegal to recruit players (no matter the grade or age) it would be considered cheating to do so.  It sounds like you are having a hard time grasping this although my sister's 7 year old can comprehend.

"There has not been 1 illegal recruited player in his 4 years coaching at Ashland" - Well, the guy admits in a recorded conversation with an 8th graders dad that he recruits players and in some cases details their recruitment.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and going to say you haven't listened to the recording.

"They had a WV player and a Raceland Player on their Varsity roster the last 2 years that I know to be 100% fact.  That is a KHSAA violation that could cause the forfeit of all the wins in a season." - If this is the case, give us proof, as I have seen none or heard of none, but we do have proof of Ashland's recruiting so are you saying the Tomcats should have all of their wins forfeited?

"Ashland's success is because they had a group of young men that worked their butts off 365 days a year." - Ashland is far from the only team in East Kentucky that has the team work out 365 days a year, so that alone does not produce success.  Evidently 365 days a year of workouts with recruited players produces success.

"People want their kids to play on a winning team".  People want their kids to play on a team that wins but ALSO wins the right way!!!
(06-22-2022, 11:52 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

If that is all you got out of that post, you don't deserve an answer.
(06-22-2022, 10:04 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:03 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]“I would love to get my hands on him. Now, I know that’s wrong for me to say because of where he’s at (Boyd County). But if there’s ever a time to do it, it’s right now to where he won’t have to do one ounce of KHSAA paperwork because he’s going to be an incoming freshman.”
“I would love to have him in our program… our program would change him for the better.”

Conversation wouldn’t have happened if Spurlock doesn’t make the call.  He baited the guy.  Shady at best
How about (since I know this against the rules) HANG UP lol. Or "let me call ya back" and DONT lol.
How about not act like a child and be a man and don't record a conversation.  Man card went out the window and he can't get it back.  He will be labeled with this from now on.  The sad part about it is that it may only hurt his son's chances to maybe play ball one day.  Real adult decision and well thought out....LOL

Again, I DO NOT (have said this on here a few times) condone anything the dad did. But Coach Mays could have hung up the phone, or ended it politely, rather than proceed and violate any rules.

This clarifies it....

(06-23-2022, 12:39 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 11:52 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

If that is all you got out of that post, you don't deserve an answer.
Big Grin  Big Grin
I wish I could give this post 100 “Likes”.

(06-22-2022, 11:56 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]In bizarre twists to the story, both parties, Mays and the parent, have taken to Facebook  this evening. 

Mays is posting pictures of his players reading to elementary kids depicting a clean program where nothing has happened at all. 

The parent is doubling down, claiming he never had any intention of sending his kid to Ashland, basically admitting he entrapped Mays, and is sadly still delivering insults regarding the kid who left Boyd. 

Both parties seem a bit out of touch with reality at this point. 

Mays needs a call from the KHSAA to wake him up since the Ashland administration apparently won’t.

The parent needs a call from the lawyer for the parents of this kid he keeps disparaging threatening to take some of his kid’s future NBA earnings for emotional distress, mental anguish, and defamation.
What exactly did Mays do that deserves a call from the KHSAA that the Ashland people haven’t already done? They have sanctioned him for having the conversation with the dad, who by the way was the one made the call, and the conversation with a parent is a violation but a minor one. It’s definitely not recruiting. Now, if Mays had called the dad and said “Why don’t you think about moving your kid over to Ashland ……”, then that would be different. But that isn’t what happened. We have a parent who is angry at the world and attempting an entrapment. 
Mays has had 4 transfers in 4 years, which is not unusual for most schools, and not a one of them was “recruited”. He is not this big blatant cheater that some are making him out to be. He is a great coach, a motivator, and a hard worker. Ashland dealt with the call, admonished him for the conversation, and did their jobs and are moving forward. A minor violation is all we have here. This is over as far as Ashland’s end of it is concerned and my guess is the KHSAA feels that Ashland’s sanctions are sufficient.
I agree that Mays is as good of a coach as the region has seen in years. Most coaches in the area are just taking checks and treating their sports like another class they get paid to oversee. Mays unequivocally stands out from the rest in that regard and it’s not even close. He knows what he’s doing as far as running a program and making it legitimate. Honestly, all of the other area coaches likely hate him because he makes them look so bad.

He just ran into a psycho parent who has clearly tied his identity to the success of his son’s held back “super team”. Getting a call from a Boyd parent alone should have set off alarms in Mays’ head since they despise Ashland. Mays apparently didn’t do the research on the psychology of this parent either, as he had posted Facebook rants last year about Ashland not wanting his held back son to play an extra middle school season. Foolish of Mays. One mistake can tarnish a career.

I liken it to the Ray Rice incident. When the world heard he hit his fiance, it was 2 game suspension. When TMZ released the video, though, Rice never played again.
If Mays keeps his job, the entire Ashland administration should be fired. This is blatant cheating and to suggest anything different is laughable.
(06-23-2022, 11:21 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]If Mays keeps his job, the entire Ashland administration should be fired. This is blatant cheating and to suggest anything different is laughable.
Where’s the cheating James?? The fellow called him, not the other way around. 99% of coaches, girls and boys, will talk to a parent of an eighth grader if they call them and say they are thinking of transferring to their school. 99% of them will also say if that’s the parent’s intention they are welcome and just do the proper paper work. 99% of them will give the good highlight speech about their school. There’s no “blatant cheating” on Coach Mays’ part here, no matter how much you spin it that way or want it to be that way. Mays is not a cheater or recruiter. He is a very good coach who is proud of his teams and his school.
(06-23-2022, 10:46 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that Mays is as good of a coach as the region has seen in years.  Most coaches in the area are just taking checks and treating their sports like another class they get paid to oversee.  Mays unequivocally stands out from the rest in that regard and it’s not even close.  He knows what he’s doing as far as running a program and making it legitimate.  Honestly, all of the other area coaches likely hate him because he makes them look so bad.

He just ran into a psycho parent who has clearly tied his identity to the success of his son’s held back “super team”.  Getting a call from a Boyd parent alone should have set off alarms in Mays’ head since they despise Ashland.  Mays apparently didn’t do the research on the psychology of this parent either, as he had posted Facebook rants last year about Ashland not wanting his held back son to play an extra middle school season.  Foolish of Mays.  One mistake can tarnish a career.

I liken it to the Ray Rice incident.  When the world heard he hit his fiance, it was 2 game suspension.  When TMZ released the video, though, Rice never played again.

Nobody reasonable is knocking his work ethic or dedication and I would disagree and say that most other basketball coaches in the region put in just as many hours but just don't have the resources (agree, not all).  The problem people have is if you have the resources and you have the drive, why not do it the right way.  Maybe you don't end up 33-0 with 4 straight regional titles, but you end up 26-4 with 2 regional titles (that's a huge success done the right way).  Recruiting in a sense does happen, but if you heard the recording, this recruiting was a on different level than any coach would attempt in my opinion.  It sounded very organized, well thought, and with a planned recruiting pitch that had been perfected with several years of development. Total assumption, but it would appear that he has been aggressively hitting the recruiting trail over the last few years and it had become second nature (given no push back) which made him more reckless in his attempts.  After losing the Porter kid from last year, I'm guessing he felt some pressure to maintain that level of success and was pushing even harder.

Most other Kentucky high school coaches that "recruit" - "Hey we sure would like to have your kid play for us.  You would get all the playing time you wanted, I don't know the rules but kids transfer all the time with no issue."  And that is the entire conversation.  No mention of 3-stripe, gear, AAU Programs, College Coaches, Division 1, or NBA agents in a 50 minute recruitment session.

(06-23-2022, 11:42 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 10:46 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that Mays is as good of a coach as the region has seen in years.  Most coaches in the area are just taking checks and treating their sports like another class they get paid to oversee.  Mays unequivocally stands out from the rest in that regard and it’s not even close.  He knows what he’s doing as far as running a program and making it legitimate.  Honestly, all of the other area coaches likely hate him because he makes them look so bad.

He just ran into a psycho parent who has clearly tied his identity to the success of his son’s held back “super team”.  Getting a call from a Boyd parent alone should have set off alarms in Mays’ head since they despise Ashland.  Mays apparently didn’t do the research on the psychology of this parent either, as he had posted Facebook rants last year about Ashland not wanting his held back son to play an extra middle school season.  Foolish of Mays.  One mistake can tarnish a career.

I liken it to the Ray Rice incident.  When the world heard he hit his fiance, it was 2 game suspension.  When TMZ released the video, though, Rice never played again.

Nobody reasonable is knocking his work ethic or dedication and I would disagree and say that most other basketball coaches in the region put in just as many hours but just don't have the resources (agree, not all).  The problem people have is if you have the resources and you have the drive, why not do it the right way.  Maybe you don't end up 33-0 with 4 straight regional titles, but you end up 26-4 with 2 regional titles (that's a huge success done the right way).  Recruiting in a sense does happen, but if you heard the recording, this recruiting was a on different level than any coach would attempt in my opinion.  It sounded very organized, well thought, and with a planned recruiting pitch that had been perfected with several years of development. Total assumption, but it would appear that he has been aggressively hitting the recruiting trail over the last few years and it had become second nature (given no push back) which made him more reckless in his attempts.  After losing the Porter kid from last year, I'm guessing he felt some pressure to maintain that level of success and was pushing even harder.

Most other Kentucky high school coaches that "recruit" - "Hey we sure would like to have your kid play for us.  You would get all the playing time you wanted, I don't know the rules but kids transfer all the time with no issue."  And that is the entire conversation.  No mention of 3-stripe, gear, AAU Programs, College Coaches, Division 1, or NBA agents in a 50 minute recruitment session.

And yes I agree that he is a good coach!

(06-23-2022, 11:35 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 11:21 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]If Mays keeps his job, the entire Ashland administration should be fired. This is blatant cheating and to suggest anything different is laughable.
Where’s the cheating James?? The fellow called him, not the other way around. 99% of coaches, girls and boys, will talk to a parent of an eighth grader if they call them and say they are thinking of transferring to their school. 99% of them will also say if that’s the parent’s intention they are welcome and just do the proper paper work. 99% of them will give the good highlight speech about their school. There’s no “blatant cheating” on Coach Mays’ part here, no matter how much you spin it that way or want it to be that way. Mays is not a cheater or recruiter. He is a very good coach who is proud of his teams and his school.
Again obviously you haven't heard the recording.  If you don't want to listen to the entire thing then just pick any random 30 second portion of the recording that is now publicly available.  And as if it was even relevant, the parent called back the coach that initially called him.  How many times did the coach say "confidential"?  Wonder why he felt compelled to say that so many times?  

No way people can take you serious in this forum.

You sound stupid or you're just a troll.
(06-22-2022, 11:01 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:03 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]“I would love to get my hands on him. Now, I know that’s wrong for me to say because of where he’s at (Boyd County). But if there’s ever a time to do it, it’s right now to where he won’t have to do one ounce of KHSAA paperwork because he’s going to be an incoming freshman.”

Ok, this guy's kid will graduated in four years and the father will probably have nothing to do with high school basketball again.  Do you think a coach that generated a level of success beyond what a school had seen in recent history through cheating would be labeled if he/she continued to coach?  What about a school that generated success through cheating, would they be labeled as cheaters for years to come?  Would an administration that condoned or even supported or overlooked an environment that was conducive to cheating be labeled as unethical for years to come?

(06-22-2022, 04:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 01:57 PM)McDowellEagles Wrote: [ -> ]After listening to the entire 50 min call, I am shocked and dismayed that the Daily Independent has not followed up on their June 3 article. Nate Bryan, Larry Vaught and Ryan Lemond have all weighed in, where’s the local coverage from the James A. Anderson gym? Is the DI in so deep with Ashland that they’ve been gagged?

If this was in the 15th region, David and Darryl would have a temporary emergency base set up on the school's football field.

David and Darryl have their heads so far up Pikeville rear they cant deal with anything else other than the smell. They constantly defend the cheating thats going on there, which is worse than this case, while acting like they are unbiased. Two HOMERS.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone know D&D and Pikeville doesn’t have a great working relationship.

All I know for sure is that Pikeville administration or coaching staff members havent been found "red handed" trying to contact players to recruit them, recruiting them,  be negative about their own kids in conversations with rival school parents and ask their kid to come play over them, and boast about "stripe school giving the school $10,000 dollars (that I find funny).  Until then, Pikeville is not even a mention in this conversation.
Pikeville is worse than any of the schools and coaches mentioned in this thread. Just have not been caught yet.
I like how the Daily Independent didn't report the father's name.... to protect the identity of his son.

Uhhh- did the dad realize that his name is in the phone conversation?

Along with him calling a kid on his son's team a cancer?
Boyd Co - 1 years post season ban
Player in question - 4 year KY high School loss of eligibility
Ashland - 1 year post season ban
Coach Mays - 1 year coaching ban in Kentucky.
(06-23-2022, 01:16 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd Co - 1 years post season ban

You reporting or wishing?  Smile

(06-23-2022, 12:22 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2022, 05:23 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]Conversation wouldn’t have happened if Spurlock doesn’t make the call.  He baited the guy.  Shady at best

(06-22-2022, 04:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]If this was in the 15th region, David and Darryl would have a temporary emergency base set up on the school's football field.

Pikeville is worse than any of the schools and coaches mentioned in this thread. Just have not been caught yet.

That's the issue here. He was caught.
Obsession by Animotion
Every time I see DOD post or King Queef I think of this song…..
They cannot sleep….lol
I’ll be honest, watching a head coach only promote one kid on a team because of Nepotism is way more criminal than any of this other stuff. All the other kids on the team are completely stuck watching their head coach do nothing but promote one player on every social media outlet available. The dude should’ve been let go after year 1. I feel so bad for all the other players on that team. Anywho, carry on the bickering.
(06-23-2022, 01:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

(06-22-2022, 05:29 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]How about (since I know this against the rules) HANG UP lol. Or "let me call ya back" and DONT lol.

(06-22-2022, 06:02 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]David and Darryl have their heads so far up Pikeville rear they cant deal with anything else other than the smell. They constantly defend the cheating thats going on there, which is worse than this case, while acting like they are unbiased. Two HOMERS.

I'm sure there are bank robbers and drug dealers that roam the streets that haven't been caught yet.  You also have lots of law abiding citizens that are out there too.
(06-23-2022, 01:31 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 01:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

(06-22-2022, 09:10 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]How about not act like a child and be a man and don't record a conversation.  Man card went out the window and he can't get it back.  He will be labeled with this from now on.  The sad part about it is that it may only hurt his son's chances to maybe play ball one day.  Real adult decision and well thought out....LOL

(06-22-2022, 10:43 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone know D&D and Pikeville doesn’t have a great working relationship.

I'm sure there are bank robbers and drug dealers that roam the streets that haven't been caught yet.  You also have lots of law abiding citizens that are out there too.

Exactly, and when criminals get caught breaking the law what happens? This was a recruiting phone call that was recorded. The dad is a slime ball for sure but what he did was unethical, not illegal. The coach should be punished severely.
(06-23-2022, 12:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol. Okay. 
I’m just simply stating facts. Mays has had 4 transfers in 4 years, average of 1 per year. Everyone of them came to Ashland on their own decisions. No recruiting. No cheating. And 1 transfer a year is not “blatant”, which is a hyperbole word you like to use. 
You’re trying to paint a picture of the Coach that’s untrue. This phone call was one he only answered and I admit he probably rambled on too long and stayed on the line too long with the caller. But there’s no recruiting in that conversation. There can’t be recruiting unless he forwarded the call and tried to convince the dad to transfer his kid. But that is not what happened. Just the opposite. He received the call from a parent saying he was transferring his kid. That’s not recruiting, lol. Call me names all you want. You are the one coming off silly here. Making something bigger than what it is.
(06-23-2022, 03:11 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol. Okay. 
I’m just simply stating facts. Mays has had 4 transfers in 4 years, average of 1 per year. Everyone of them came to Ashland on their own decisions. No recruiting. No cheating. And 1 transfer a year is not “blatant”, which is a hyperbole word you like to use. 
You’re trying to paint a picture of the Coach that’s untrue. This phone call was one he only answered and I admit he probably rambled on too long and stayed on the line too long with the caller. But there’s no recruiting in that conversation. There can’t be recruiting unless he forwarded the call and tried to convince the dad to transfer his kid. But that is not what happened. Just the opposite. He received the call from a parent saying he was transferring his kid. That’s not recruiting, lol. Call me names all you want. You are the one coming off silly here. Making something bigger than what it is.

You're foolish if you think "everyone of them came to Ashland on their own decisions"

Lol. Okay. 

Check out social media, the newspapers, and listen to podcasts, all of which are covering this.  Then come back to this forum and let us all know who is coming off silly here.

Lol. Okay. 
[attachment=363]  You saying NONE of this happened?  Big Grin
(06-23-2022, 05:45 PM)Hi Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol. Okay. 
  You saying NONE of this happened?  Big Grin
Yep, I sure am. Coach didn’t call anyone with the intent of trying to influence them to come to Ashland. Coach was the one that received the call and once the dad said he was thinking of transferring the coach told about his program and said he’d be welcomed. But he didn’t forward the call and he wasn’t influencing anyone. What you are giggling about here is a big stretch. For a coach to be an influencer or recruiting would mean he or she would have to have made the call, and that didn’t t happen here. I don’t care how many ways the Ashland newspaper or you guys try to spin this story the fact is he was the receiver of a call from a parent. He was not the one placing the call. That is a huge difference. The coach is proud of his program and he will let it be known to anyone he talks to. And he let it be known to this parent. He’s a hard worker and a good coach. This guy tried to set him up with a nefarious call and it worked as far as publicity but as far as infractions they are minor. And the school has dealt with him on that.
(06-23-2022, 07:16 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 05:45 PM)Hi Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 11:35 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]Where’s the cheating James?? The fellow called him, not the other way around. 99% of coaches, girls and boys, will talk to a parent of an eighth grader if they call them and say they are thinking of transferring to their school. 99% of them will also say if that’s the parent’s intention they are welcome and just do the proper paper work. 99% of them will give the good highlight speech about their school. There’s no “blatant cheating” on Coach Mays’ part here, no matter how much you spin it that way or want it to be that way. Mays is not a cheater or recruiter. He is a very good coach who is proud of his teams and his school.

Lol. Okay. 
Yep, I sure am. Coach didn’t call anyone with the intent of trying to influence them to come to Ashland. Coach was the one that received the call and once the dad said he was thinking of transferring the coach told about his program and said he’d be welcomed. But he didn’t forward the call and he wasn’t influencing anyone. What you are giggling about here is a big stretch. For a coach to be an influencer or recruiting would mean he or she would have to have made the call, and that didn’t t happen here. I don’t care how many ways the Ashland newspaper or you guys try to spin this story the fact is he was the receiver of a call from a parent. He was not the one placing the call. That is a huge difference. The coach is proud of his program and he will let it be known to anyone he talks to. And he let it be known to this parent. He’s a hard worker and a good coach. This guy tried to set him up with a nefarious call and it worked as far as publicity but as far as infractions they are minor. And the school has dealt with him on that.
WOW it can't be spelled out anymore for you. Its the BY-LAWS, not what YOU SAY IT IS LAWS. Go back and read it again, also listen to the recording again  Big Grin
(06-23-2022, 07:16 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 05:45 PM)Hi Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2022, 11:35 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]Where’s the cheating James?? The fellow called him, not the other way around. 99% of coaches, girls and boys, will talk to a parent of an eighth grader if they call them and say they are thinking of transferring to their school. 99% of them will also say if that’s the parent’s intention they are welcome and just do the proper paper work. 99% of them will give the good highlight speech about their school. There’s no “blatant cheating” on Coach Mays’ part here, no matter how much you spin it that way or want it to be that way. Mays is not a cheater or recruiter. He is a very good coach who is proud of his teams and his school.

Lol. Okay. 

All I can say is Coach (as you say) better not have you trying to represent him or he may not coach the rest of his life.
This is funny…if Assland doesn’t do this to coach Mays blah blah blah. Look at y’all using cancel culture to try to make a man lose his job just cause you can’t handle his success. Pitiful behavior from a group of haters! I care nothing for Assland but some of y’all ….clowns
KSR’s Matt Jones is now tweeting jabs at Mays and Ashland:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KySportsRadio...fh2N8qAAAA

All that’s left now is for this to hit national news. The sound of silence is not a good public relations strategy for Mays and Ashland.
(06-23-2022, 11:38 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]KSR’s Matt Jones is now tweeting jabs at Mays and Ashland:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KySportsRadio...fh2N8qAAAA

All that’s left now is for this to hit national news.  The sound of silence is not a good public relations strategy for Mays and Ashland.

Yeah, Ashland is going to be the brunt of many jokes going forward, depending on how they handle this. Also going to be tough for anyone to want to schedule them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21