Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I guess if we combine the wisdom of Baller and Socrates, then 10 Tomcat players will be headed back to their home districts this week. That would make for quite the shakeup. What schools would be getting these 10 players? Would this supposed situation result in each player returning to the last school where they were at or would it depend on the address they have on file with the KHSAA at this moment?
(11-26-2022, 04:51 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 03:45 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 03:35 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]There is so much to respond to in your inane ramblings that I give up.  Mercy.

I just hope Jason Mays’ camera crew has stuck around to capture the behind the scenes action of the upcoming Tomcat season.  If so, you are sure to be a star.
I’d love for his camera crew to do a story on this. That would be great. Let him actually make a statement publicly. You were wrong about his connections helping him get out of it.  I give you credit. Take a page out of Mays book. Rules don’t apply. Lol. I guess we will see what the aftermath will be of Mays recruiting scandal. Again I hope the kids don’t pay for his stupidity. We will see This week what the KHSAA has found and hit us with.
The kids won’t have to pay at all.  They will still play ball this year, just not at Ashland - the only feasible option.  If you consider paying for his stupidity solely by not competing for a district or regional championship at Ashland (a team assembled through cheating) then there is no pity by anyone outside of Ashland homers for the adults, administration, or even the kids who should be taught not to cheat or see this behavior rewarded.

Which kids are you referencing? And what is your source?
(11-26-2022, 05:25 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I guess if we combine the wisdom of Baller and Socrates, then 10 Tomcat players will be headed back to their home districts this week.  That would make for quite the shakeup.  What schools would be getting these 10 players?  Would this supposed situation result in each player returning to the last school where they were at or would it depend on the address they have on file with the KHSAA at this moment?
I’m talking about only the ones that were admittedly recruited per the phone call.  I’m not comfortable mentioning a high school players name on message board - it just doesn’t feel right.  I certainly don’t think that 10 were discussed.  On the other hand if more evidence has been uncovered on the others upon further investigation, all ten should go.

I think the KHSAA would need to make an exception for them to be eligible just not at Ashland and not all going to same school.  He logical answer would be just to go back to their previous school.
I don't think there is ANY chance that the 5th year senior from Boyd returns there, lol.
(11-26-2022, 05:36 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 04:51 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 03:45 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2022, 03:35 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]There is so much to respond to in your inane ramblings that I give up.  Mercy.

I just hope Jason Mays’ camera crew has stuck around to capture the behind the scenes action of the upcoming Tomcat season.  If so, you are sure to be a star.
I’d love for his camera crew to do a story on this. That would be great. Let him actually make a statement publicly. You were wrong about his connections helping him get out of it.  I give you credit. Take a page out of Mays book. Rules don’t apply. Lol. I guess we will see what the aftermath will be of Mays recruiting scandal. Again I hope the kids don’t pay for his stupidity. We will see This week what the KHSAA has found and hit us with.
The kids won’t have to pay at all.  They will still play ball this year, just not at Ashland - the only feasible option.  If you consider paying for his stupidity solely by not competing for a district or regional championship at Ashland (a team assembled through cheating) then there is no pity by anyone outside of Ashland homers for the adults, administration, or even the kids who should be taught not to cheat or see this behavior rewarded.

Which kids are you referencing? And what is your source?
The kids Mays mentioned in the audio that he stated he recruited. Source-audio of Jason Mays stating he recruited or had circumvent the khsaa rules. There is a link in this thread if you have not listened to his admission.

(11-26-2022, 05:25 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]I guess if we combine the wisdom of Baller and Socrates, then 10 Tomcat players will be headed back to their home districts this week.  That would make for quite the shakeup.  What schools would be getting these 10 players?  Would this supposed situation result in each player returning to the last school where they were at or would it depend on the address they have on file with the KHSAA at this moment?
Regioner I have been %100 accurate so far. I figured he would not coach this year at Ashland. You continued to say he would and he was checkmated his moves with his connections. He sure flipped the board on this move.  Now we are in uncharted territory. It will be solely up to the khsaa. Obviously the administration had till yesterday to do additional things but no official statement has came out. So one can only feel as if khsaa may go hard. Idk. 

LOOK- he inherited a good team just like ya said. The rest. He started to recruit. He isn’t a good coach. He says it himself on the audio. That’s one of the reasons he brought in Troy Lee. His words. Not mine.

(11-26-2022, 06:06 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is ANY chance that the 5th year senior from Boyd returns there, lol.
He lives in Bellefonte anyway. If that is the case. Russell. A return home for his 5th year.
(11-26-2022, 06:11 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]He lives in Bellefonte anyway. If that is the case. Russell. A return home for his 5th year.

Yeah, I never understood how he was eligible anyways. He moved to BC in middle school, so he was eligible there, but not sure how he is at Ashland, regardless of recruitment
I’m interested in what source is saying they’re going to rule kids ineligible.
(11-26-2022, 09:10 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]I’m interested in what source is saying they’re going to rule kids ineligible.

Not sure there is a "source", I think its more that the KHSAA usually only hands out ineligibility, post season bans, and/or fines. So people are trying to speculate which of those is going to happen.
(11-26-2022, 06:06 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is ANY chance that the 5th year senior from Boyd returns there, lol.
100%

Put yourself in KHSAA shoes. Could you image the backlash on KHSAA if they somehow kept the recruited players eligible and managed to win the region? Known recruited players still allowed to be give school success while preventing policy abiders from making it to the state.

(11-26-2022, 11:49 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
100%

Put yourself in KHSAA shoes.  Could you image the backlash on KHSAA if they somehow kept the recruited players eligible and managed to win the region?  Known recruited players still allowed to be give school success while preventing policy abiders from making it to the state.
PR nightmare
The KHSAA and the Ashland Administration are not going to suspend kids that are presently on the team or suspend post season play for the Tomcats. I know there’s a lot of wishful thinking by a few of you posters but that isn’t going to happen. The KHSAA has basically done all they are going to do. The coach has been let go by the school officials and they’re not going to impose anything else, particularly as harsh as you all are implying and evidently hoping for.
And it appears that the “sources” that the 4 or 5 on here who keep rambling on and on about, some of them supposedly Ashland fans, turns out to be an illusion. There are no so-called sources.
(11-27-2022, 11:14 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]The KHSAA and the Ashland Administration  are not going to suspend kids that are presently on the team or suspend post season play for the Tomcats. I know there’s a lot of wishful thinking by a few of you posters but that isn’t going to happen. The KHSAA has basically done all they are going to do. The coach has been let go by the school officials and they’re not going to impose anything else, particularly as harsh as you all are implying and evidently hoping for. 
And it appears that the “sources” that the 4 or 5 on here who keep rambling on and on about, some of them supposedly Ashland fans, turns out to be an illusion. There are no so-called sources.
Lookayanner…Who has been right all along on this thread and who has never been right?  You ghosted for a while?  Why was that?  I can tell you I don’t have a dog in this fight.  I’m being realistic for you and the Ashland haters.  You are obviously unable to step outside your Ashland bubble and take a realistic view.

(11-27-2022, 12:25 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2022, 11:14 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]The KHSAA and the Ashland Administration  are not going to suspend kids that are presently on the team or suspend post season play for the Tomcats. I know there’s a lot of wishful thinking by a few of you posters but that isn’t going to happen. The KHSAA has basically done all they are going to do. The coach has been let go by the school officials and they’re not going to impose anything else, particularly as harsh as you all are implying and evidently hoping for. 
Lookayanner…Who has been right all along on this thread and who has never been right?  You ghosted for a while?  Why was that?  I can tell you I don’t have a dog in this fight.  I’m being realistic for you and the Ashland haters.  You are obviously unable to step outside your Ashland bubble and take a realistic view.
Also, as a FYI, this is not in Ashland’s administrations hands.

Governor office has been what I’m hearing?
(11-27-2022, 02:10 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

Governor office has been what I’m hearing?
Hearing the same thing.  I don’t see a politician taking on the risk of pissing off an entire region, minus one should Ashland have a successful year with recruited players.
Andy is going to make the Tomcats ineligible or allow a post season ban?
(11-27-2022, 08:14 PM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]Andy is going to make the Tomcats ineligible or allow a post season ban?
Actually I’ve been hearing Biden is stepping in now to take over.  Let’s go Brandon!
(11-15-2022, 01:22 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 01:14 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:20 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:01 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 11:22 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, Julian Tackett has awakened from his slumber and communicated to Principal Campbell that his measly 4 game self imposed suspension of Coach Jason Mays will not suffice.  Prior to the Tomcat opener on December 2nd, we should hear what the new punishment will be for Coach Jason Mays and Tomcat basketball, whether the punishment is authored by Ashland or the KHSAA.

It's ironic that Ashland turned Fairview football in a decade ago.  That resulted in the exodus of the coach, AD, principal, and superintendent.  It also resulted in a one year postseason ban.  Same situation with Rose Hill basketball 2 decades ago.  We'll soon see how Ashland fares in comparison to their neighbors down the road.

It looks like the Boyd County Lions are on the verge of one of their biggest wins ever.  Their athletic programs are on an unprecedented roll in the past 5 years.  They've won 1 region in boys basketball, 1 district in football, 3 regions in girls basketball, 3 regions in boys soccer, 2 regions in volleyball, and 1 region in baseball with 5 West Virginians, 4 Russell Red Devils, 3 Ohioans, 2 Missourians, 2 Scandinavians, an East Carter Raider, a Paintsville Tiger, a Raceland Ram, and a Cherokee Chief from New Jersey.  Now they might have just kneecapped their most hated rival down the road as well.  What a run!  Lion Pride!

As for Coach Jason Mays, as I said earlier in this thread, I can't imagine a man with his level of hubris going quietly into the night.  I would fully expect lawsuits to ensue.

As for the artsy side of this morality play, though, his professional video crew who follows him around could put together quite a piece set to:

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
The suspension may be increased to possibly 7-10 games or maybe the month of December, which would make 13 games (which I think would be very extreme), but imo the coach will not be out the entire season. He hasn’t done that much of a violation to merit that level of a penalty. 
It’s sad really. He was in South Carolina with his son on a baseball trip in April when he receives the famous call from the dad pretending that he wanted to bring his 8th grade son to Ashland. Coach got drawn into a conversation that I’m sure looking back he knows he should have referred dad to the principal or guidance counselor and said goodbye. He does not have a history of many transfers. Four in his first four complete years of coaching. For posters to paint him as a blatant “recruiter” is not accurate (and you’re not one of them doing that 16thregioner). Ashland’s boys basketball’s amount of transfers is small potatoes compared to other schools around the state, including the 16th region. But coach broke a rule discussing the kid with the dad and it looks like penalties may be the result.
I think the dad could also be in legal problems too if Mays wants to pursue it. It’s one thing to tape a conversation but when you do it with a preconceived reasons to set up the other party and then turn it over to social media and others then that changes everything. The ironical thing about it from what I hear is the dad was wanting his kid at Ashland as far back as last year because of another player at Boyd but when that player came to Ashland in the spring that evidently infuriated the dad. And so he set in motion his scheme. I suppose we will know if he’s successful in his efforts when we see what the KHSAA and the school decides, probably sometime this week.

Reality check headed your way.  

can anybody please tell me what Rose Hill’s punishment was years ago?
I don’t know who your source is but I don’t think the punishment is going to be as severe as you’re implying. From what I hear maybe 8-10 games, somewhere in that neighborhood. I think if that’s true it is pretty overboard for what occurred but I’m sure Coach will do what they say and will learn from it.
You saying coach mays will do what they tell him now. SMH. After he got caught on multiple violations per the letter. It isn’t one kid. It isn’t one instance. Just so you are actually told the truth. It’s funny how they immediately let the baseball coach go for an alleged violation but double down with mays. Why do you think that is?
Can you post a link to the letter you keep referencing? Also, how were you able to read it?
(11-28-2022, 09:37 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a link to the letter you keep referencing? Also, how were you able to read it?

[attachment=446]
So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

Here’s what I think would be fitting:
-Big Fine
-Probation and the same stuff the KHSAA did to Bowling Green with the trainings and stuff.
(11-29-2022, 10:01 AM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

-Big Fine
-Probation and the same stuff the KHSAA did to Bowling Green with the trainings and stuff.
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior too khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
(11-29-2022, 06:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2022, 10:01 AM)KYHSFB Wrote: [ -> ]So they’re saying the KHSAA didn’t accept their original punishment and they fired Mays in response to that.. and people still want more?

-Big Fine
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
Article about last night's board meeting:

https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/fa...Is3Zgsl2DQ
(11-29-2022, 07:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

-Big Fine
The audio alone should have got Mays fired.  Now we will have to see what’s levied by the Khsaa. No one at the board meeting last night would really answer any questions from the parents. I do agree. Fine/ restitution/ additional training/ probation for 3 years of reporting who comes into the school like BG received.  Initially BG got stripped of all wins that year and district, state and regional titles. The coach quit on his own prior to khsaa sanction. The big difference in comparison between the two instances. BG had 1 violation. Improper benefits.  From what I am understanding from the letter. Mays has multiple infractions. We will see soon I’m sure
Mr Howard answered the questions and said building principal Jamie Cambell made the decision not the KHSAA.
yes that specifically, but that’s a rhetorical question. Anyone that can read knows the principle makes the decision to hire and fire. Best quote all night. Who gives a (explicit) if he recruited.  We need to win to keep bringing the money in. ?
What a mess.
This truly is a mess. It is a shame the whole situation has come to this. Nobody loves high school sports more than I do but this whole mess as well as the way people are trying to justify it is giving high school sports a black eye.
Here’s a question. If Ashland has raised so much money over the years due to all of their winning, then why are the facilities at Boyd County and Raceland so much better? Where has all the money gone? This is a particularly interesting part of the Daily Independent article:

Donna Suttle next introduced herself on the record.

Suttle said she has been involved with the school for decades, raising hundreds of thousands in boosters and scholarship funds.

“I have continually supported this school,” Suttle said, adding that if the situation didn’t become more transparent, she may stop the fundraising.

“So he may have recruited someone. I don’t give a (expletive),” Suttle said. “ ... We don’t have a winning team, we don’t make revenue.”

-Big Fine
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
(11-30-2022, 10:01 AM)Up 16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Here’s a question.  If Ashland has raised so much money over the years due to all of their winning, then why are the facilities at Boyd County and Raceland so much better?  Where has all the money gone?  This is a particularly interesting part of the Daily Independent article:

Donna Suttle next introduced herself on the record.

Suttle said she has been involved with the school for decades, raising hundreds of thousands in boosters and scholarship funds.

“I have continually supported this school,” Suttle said, adding that if the situation didn’t become more transparent, she may stop the fundraising.

“So he may have recruited someone. I don’t give a (expletive),” Suttle said. “ ... We don’t have a winning team, we don’t make revenue.”
The coaches pocket. Just like the Jason mays basketball camp. He uses that to supplement his income. I was told it was part of his contract as the coach. A lot of other issues with the money. The article  posted on Fb from the ashland daily has parents speaking out on the things I have been saying is the problem and culture. This is a way bigger mess then just a phone call. It’s starting to reveal itself to everyone else who is an outsider of the program and people who is with program that didn’t drink his Kool aid.  Saw right through him. Especially the mom on Fb talking about the midland player who came for 6-8 months to play basketball and take her sons spot to only move back the day after the loss at rupp.
(11-30-2022, 11:07 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]

-Big Fine
Only the superintendent can make a firing decision, not the principal. I’m sure they discussed it but the final thumbs up has to be from the superintendent.
Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.
(11-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

-Big Fine
Not at Ashland, A question was asked why a politician from Elliott County would get involved with this.  Mr Howard didn’t say a word and the speaker re worded it and ask if Mr Howard had made the decision to fire Coach.  Mr Howard immediately said that the building principal Mr Campbell made the decision to fire the coach.  According to Mr Howard the khsaa and himself didn’t have anything to do with the firing of Coach.
Correct it comes from the principle. He hires and fires. He ultimately is responsible for all things at the high school. Oversight of personnel and programs.
(11-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

-Big Fine
Incorrect. Only the superintendent can fire any position. Technically coaching positions are extra service and the superintendent hires them and fires them. The buck stops with the superintendent.

-Big Fine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21