Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 35 Johnson Central 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Blueheat Wrote:How did you shutdown JC when they scored 27 points??? I will agree though that PCC must be for real this year. Also I wouldn't say you shut down Jude either he still averaged 10 yards a carry. Pretty impressive in my opinion since He's JC only weapon this year and PCC only keying on him all night. JC better work on their secondary though if they want to beat Ashland. There passing attack might be better than PCC.

133 yards in 30 carries isn't 10 yards a carry. It's 4.4 yards/carry....
I think we understand this guy didn't get 10 Y/C lol
I leave for 12 hours and all hell broke loose.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I leave for 12 hours and all hell broke loose.

Zaga's fault, he raised a lot of hell in those 12 hours.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Zaga's fault, he raised a lot of hell in those 12 hours.

More to come Wink
Wow, zaga has raised it...
Good win PCC.. You are now on the map..

As bad as it pains me, good job to Matt Robinson.
ballers Wrote:wow, zaga has raised it...
Good win pcc.. You are now on the map..

As bad as it pains me, good job to matt robinson.

Wooooooo!!!!
I about died when "This is where we hold them" played on the sound system. When I stopped laughing, I looked back at the field and saw Bryan Rankin running across the field for a touchdown. So ironic. lol.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I was very impressed with Perry Central last night. They are big and fast and their win was no fluke. PCC has had some outstanding offensive teams in the past but I don't recall their defense ever looking as solid against Johnson Central as they did last night.

Johnson Central played like I expected them to play this early in the season. I saw a lot of promising young, talented players last night but they have a lot of work to do before district play begins. Perry Central was the better, more experienced team last night.

The Golden Eagles have their work cut out for them if they are going to win their sixth straight district title but JC is ahead of where they were in 2009 at this point of the season, IMO. But like, PCC, Ashland is much better than they were a couple of years ago, Rowan County looks like a serious district contender, and Montgomery County looks solid.

The fact that Covington Catholic has apparently rejoined the ranks of the state's elite teams, and the new region looks like the toughest one in 4A. The road back to the regional title game will be a rough one.

Was at the Cov Cath game last night, and would not say they have rejoined the ranks of the state's elite!
I am a JCHS fan and I saw the game, PCC was the more talented team by far. They had a lot more speed on both side of the ball a better QB and some great linebackers! The big FullBack/ Linebacker JCHS lost Tanner B is going to be hard to replace. JCHS Linebackers seemed on the small, thin side to me.
sstack Wrote:Does three good years make you a "perennial power"?

During your "down year" in '06 JC had maybe the best team they have had. So that makes 4. I know you guys dont want to acknowledge that CovCath was a better team that year, but it really did happen. Honest!!.:biggrin:

But you all can go ahead and pat yourselves on the backs again, seeing that you, Dig it, and Wacky n Tacky invented football. Double :biggrin::biggrin:
Saw Jude at the Russell JFL games this evening. I think he would look better in maroon instead of black and gold.
Congrats on the win PCC.
This was one of the best games ive seen in a while. Ive went back and watched it on ihigh a few times now. Great game all around. I really expected Matney to make better adjustments at the half, but it just didnt happen. Great job by the young Haddix and staff.

Perry Centrals speed is unbelievable. They have a great core of receivers/skill players. #4 Beatty broke several BIG plays. I assume he had over 200 yards. They really turned things around from all the drops and missed opportunitys from last week.

The defense played GREAT. Loading 9 in the box all night just daring JC to throw, but they couldnt do it. The Robinson kid is the real deal. He was everywhere. Anytime you hold the beast of an athlete Jude under 150 yards your playing great D.

Cant wait to see how they handle success. They have to stay hungry for another big win this week instead of letting this week go to their heads.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:This was one of the best games ive seen in a while. Ive went back and watched it on ihigh a few times now. Great game all around. I really expected Matney to make better adjustments at the half, but it just didnt happen. Great job by the young Haddix and staff.

Perry Centrals speed is unbelievable. They have a great core of receivers/skill players. #4 Beatty broke several BIG plays. I assume he had over 200 yards. They really turned things around from all the drops and missed opportunitys from last week.

The defense played GREAT. Loading 9 in the box all night just daring JC to throw, but they couldnt do it. The Robinson kid is the real deal. He was everywhere. Anytime you hold the beast of an athlete Jude under 150 yards your playing great D.

Cant wait to see how they handle success. They have to stay hungry for another big win this week instead of letting this week go to their heads.
Wow!! I could only imagine how Perry Central fans would act if they beat a really good Johnson Central team. Greatest win in school history!!! Greatest win in school history!!! LOL!!! Historically how strong has Perry Central's football program been up until now, anyways? I know they are one of the biggest schools in the area , but I really havn't kept up with their football program. Come on guys you have a nice team, have a lot of speed, held Jude down really well, etc. etc. BUT you guys are not fathoming that you BARELY beat a team, for the most part that is hugely comprised of kids that just came up from the middle school either this year or last year. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, you deserved the win, but a big dose of reality needs to be taken to understand that you guys scored your points against kindergarten kids. Especially in the secondary. Just imagine how good they can be when they graduate to first grade...lol

Anyways good luck the rest of the season.
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!! I could only imagine how Perry Central fans would act if they beat a really good Johnson Central team. Greatest win in school history!!! Greatest win in school history!!! LOL!!! Historically how strong has Perry Central's football program been up until now, anyways? I know they are one of the biggest schools in the area , but I really havn't kept up with their football program. Come on guys you have a nice team, have a lot of speed, held Jude down really well, etc. etc. BUT you guys are not fathoming that you BARELY beat a team, for the most part that is hugely comprised of kids that just came up from the middle school either this year or last year. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, you deserved the win, but a big dose of reality needs to be taken to understand that you guys scored your points against kindergarten kids. Especially in the secondary. Just imagine how good they can be when they graduate to first grade...lol

ah boys...
The difference in this game was athletes. Perry County's athletes are head and shoulders above Johnson Central's. J.J. Jude and #10 were the only players to have any kind of impact on the offensive side of the ball for Johnson Central. Johnson Central's defense was scared too death of PCC's passing game. That was evident by the corner's playing ten to fifteen yards off the recievers for the entire game. Haddix simply took advantage of Johnson Central's weaknesses. This is why Haddix is the best young coach in the mountains. You don't beat the likes of Holcomb, Derosset, and Matney without being a great coach. Johnson Central's offense is too predictable and without out a passing game this team could lose two or three games this season. Big win for Haddix and PCC. Go Dores.
It is ok Eagles. Remember you can do some things most of the time but it would not be possible to do all things all the time. Perry is merely enjoying something they have not had before. As well they should.They have a nice team with some outstanding athletes and played a great game. Congrats to Perry and best of luck in most of the rest of the season. If teams are going to get the Eagles, this is the year. Afterwards guess what? I have a feeling that this game will be used in a positive manner to season a rather young team. It seems that it was a pretty decent game anyway. A special good luck to my friends in the Eagle Secondary. Good game JJ 130 yds. 3 TD's with the world on your back. I will take it anyday. Love to see ya play again but it will have to be in the playoffs.
Eagle Eye Wrote:What happened to the 60 you all were supposed to score!! All I can say is JJ was hit by all the commodores and still had 3 TDs. JC is very young and I think by the end of the year might be dangerous but congrats to PCC. :Cheerlead

Accept defeat and move on. You lost man, so don't make yourself look any worse by posting stats and talking crap. Makes no sense!! Congrats PCC!! :Thumbs:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Accept defeat and move on. You lost man, so don't make yourself look any worse by posting stats and talking crap. Makes no sense!! Congrats PCC!! :Thumbs:

What are you talking about? You don't have a clue do you! Most of us have moved on after PCC won the their super bowl!!!:goofy:
Bob Seger Wrote:During your "down year" in '06 JC had maybe the best team they have had. So that makes 4. I know you guys dont want to acknowledge that CovCath was a better team that year, but it really did happen. Honest!!.:biggrin:

But you all can go ahead and pat yourselves on the backs again, seeing that you, Dig it, and Wacky n Tacky invented football. Double :biggrin::biggrin:

Not sure how Cov Cath came in to the conversation on JC being a Perennial Power? Not putting JC down, I was just asking if 3 (or 4 ) years, constitutes the label of "perennial power." Should we also go ahead and label Simon Kenton as a perennial power since they had a couple of good years ( I know Neerfan and #1UKfan would like that)?

Unregistered

This is the biggest win in PCC history. They should win their first ever playoff game this year. When that happens, it will be the biggest win in school history. But for now, it don,t get any bigger then going to JC and winning.
"It really did happen. Honest!" is quickly becoming my favorite catch-phrase.
Johnson Central was just out played. Friday night Perry County had a much better team, and had a better game plan than Johnson Central. JJ had at least 3 people on him at all time, whether he had the ball or not. You cant dog Jude. He earned every yard he got Friday night. Johnson Central lacks a experienced line. I dont care who you, its hard to get 130+ yards against a good team without a line, and thats what Perry Central is a good team.

Johnson Centrals Defense was absolutely horrible. Matney was forced to call a time out early in the game, do to the confusion in a pass defense, and still they seemed confused late in the ball game. JC's quarterback also seemed a bit confused and hesitant as if he wasn't certain on the plays. Maybe its just his inexperience.

In the past few years JC has just lost too many talented players, they haven't been able to replace.

Perry Centrals Robinson is imo one of the best linebackers in Eastern Kentucky maybe even the state.

All excuses aside Johnson Central was beat by a much better Perry Central Team.

JC better get it together or it could be a long year for the Eagles
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!! I could only imagine how Perry Central fans would act if they beat a really good Johnson Central team. Greatest win in school history!!! Greatest win in school history!!! LOL!!! Historically how strong has Perry Central's football program been up until now, anyways? I know they are one of the biggest schools in the area , but I really havn't kept up with their football program. Come on guys you have a nice team, have a lot of speed, held Jude down really well, etc. etc. BUT you guys are not fathoming that you BARELY beat a team, for the most part that is hugely comprised of kids that just came up from the middle school either this year or last year. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, you deserved the win, but a big dose of reality needs to be taken to understand that you guys scored your points against kindergarten kids. Especially in the secondary. Just imagine how good they can be when they graduate to first grade...lol

Perry has never had a lot of success at football, we haven't even won a playoff game yet, so when we beat a team that has been extremely powerful over the past few years and has enjoyed a lot of success, then yea, we are going to celebrate a little bit. You guys (not pointing out anyone in particular here) can belittle the win and say that JC is not that good or whatever but a win is a win, i'm so friggin sick of seeing people bitch and complain and make excuses any time Perry wins a game over a team "that should beat them" or say the we beat a team that "isn't that good", truth is, I think we have beat 2 very good football teams so far this season.

End of rant. On to some other thoughts...

Jude is the best RB in east KY and possibly the state, so to hold him under 150 with over 30 carries is a damn good effort on our part IMO, and to win at Johnson Central is something only a little team called Highlands was able to do last year, I think is pretty impressive.I hope Johnson Central doesn't lose a game the rest of the year and Jude smashes the rushing record, cause he deserves it. Also, I believe I said it once but JC has top notch facilities, really nice environment to play football in. One more thing, I noticed there was no jawing and trash talk between the teams, always good to see, JC is a very classy program.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:"It really did happen. Honest!" is quickly becoming my favorite catch-phrase.

Ik right.
sstack Wrote:Not sure how Cov Cath came in to the conversation on JC being a Perennial Power? Not putting JC down, I was just asking if 3 (or 4 ) years, constitutes the label of "perennial power." Should we also go ahead and label Simon Kenton as a perennial power since they had a couple of good years ( I know Neerfan and #1UKfan would like that)?

You short changed us a year. Just making sure you knew I was paying attention.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:"It really did happen. Honest!" is quickly becoming my favorite catch-phrase.

It's a registered trademark Ringo. Dont let me catch you using it without written permission or sendin me big bucks in a brown paper bag, or you'll be hearin from my attorney, A. Rick Connman. :biggrin:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Perry has never had a lot of success at football, we haven't even won a playoff game yet, so when we beat a team that has been extremely powerful over the past few years and has enjoyed a lot of success, then yea, we are going to celebrate a little bit. You guys (not pointing out anyone in particular here) can belittle the win and say that JC is not that good or whatever but a win is a win, i'm so friggin sick of seeing people bitch and complain and make excuses any time Perry wins a game over a team "that should beat them" or say the we beat a team that "isn't that good", truth is, I think we have beat 2 very good football teams so far this season.

Jude is the best RB in east KY and possibly the state, so to hold him under 150 with over 30 carries is a damn good effort on our part IMO, and to win at Johnson Central is something only a little team called Highlands was able to do last year, I think is pretty impressive.I hope Johnson Central doesn't lose a game the rest of the year and Jude smashes the rushing record, cause he deserves it. Also, I believe I said it once but JC has top notch facilities, really nice environment to play football in. One more thing, I noticed there was no jawing and trash talk between the teams, always good to see, JC is a very classy program.

Actually Boyle County did as well.

Just saying. :biggrin:
allstate89 Wrote:Johnson Central was just out played. Friday night Perry County had a much better team, and had a better game plan than Johnson Central. JJ had at least 3 people on him at all time, whether he had the ball or not. You cant dog Jude. He earned every yard he got Friday night. Johnson Central lacks a experienced line. I dont care who you, its hard to get 130+ yards against a good team without a line, and thats what Perry Central is a good team.

Johnson Centrals Defense was absolutely horrible. Matney was forced to call a time out early in the game, do to the confusion in a pass defense, and still they seemed confused late in the ball game. JC's quarterback also seemed a bit confused and hesitant as if he wasn't certain on the plays. Maybe its just his inexperience.

In the past few years JC has just lost too many talented players, they haven't been able to replace.

Perry Centrals Robinson is imo one of the best linebackers in Eastern Kentucky maybe even the state.

All excuses aside Johnson Central was beat by a much better Perry Central Team.

JC better get it together or it could be a long year for the Eagles

geauxtigers75 Wrote:Perry has never had a lot of success at football, we haven't even won a playoff game yet, so when we beat a team that has been extremely powerful over the past few years and has enjoyed a lot of success, then yea, we are going to celebrate a little bit. You guys (not pointing out anyone in particular here) can belittle the win and say that JC is not that good or whatever but a win is a win, i'm so friggin sick of seeing people bitch and complain and make excuses any time Perry wins a game over a team "that should beat them" or say the we beat a team that "isn't that good", truth is, I think we have beat 2 very good football teams so far this season.

Great posts!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14