Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 35 Johnson Central 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
zaga_fan Wrote:I keep coming back to look at what the fans from last year's "Best 5A team in the Mountains" have to say....
and I keep seeing a bunch of nothing.
Maybe the traffic is packed in over in Paintsville.
I'd say Perry's fans are burning that place to the ground right now.

Probably wont see much. I admit I predicted JC to win, but I wasnt one of those who predicted a blowout. I predicted a 35-28 victory for JC. I also predicted that it would come down to JC's D-line. According to the update thread, Perry's O-Line and D-Line completely dominated the 2nd half. Cant let a QB like Huff stand back there under no pressure with the fast, athletic WR's he has to throw to.

Congrats Perry on the big victory.
zaga_fan Wrote:It looks like Haddix's game-plan worked just fine against the Eagles to me.
Perry Central won that game because of playing to their strengths and attacking JC's weaknesses.
That's what a good coach does.

IMO means In My Opinion.

All I'm gonna say is there is more to coaching than winning.
Redneck Wrote:Probably wont see much. I admit I predicted JC to win, but I wasnt one of those who predicted a blowout. I predicted a 35-28 victory for JC. I also predicted that it would come down to JC's D-line. According to the update thread, Perry's O-Line and D-Line completely dominated the 2nd half. Cant let a QB like Huff stand back there under no pressure with the fast, athletic WR's he has to throw to.

Congrats Perry on the big victory.

I predicted JC as well....but I was insistent on letting everyone know we could win.
I called into Sports 101 and expressed my thoughts about it and Dave Hammonds wasn't really feeling it.
However, IMO when you have a team on the rise you can't predict them over a perennial contender.
To be the man you gotta beat the man!
WOOOOOO!
Next week Perry will play Knox at Clay County.
Get ready for another wild one!
zaga_fan Wrote:Quick note...
before JC's last touchdown there was an INT in the endzone that was called back.
Before PCC's last touchdown, Brian Rankin had a Touchdown called back.
Perry also had a very confusing issue with 2 players getting injured and having to sub out a QB and lineman.
I'm not saying they were bad calls because I only listened on the radio.
I'm just commenting on how wild the finish was.

Tell me something....
I understand that if you are injured and can't get off of the field that you have to come out of the game.
I was under the understanding that if you call a timeout they don't have to sit out a play.
Is that not legit in High School?

I don't remember a int in the endzone? I know there was a pass interference on Jude when he was knocked down before the ball arrived! On the Rankin play JC blitzed and one of PCC's players grabbed the jersey as he went by which was holding and from the spot. I was confused too about the kids coming back!
Quote:Perry Central is a... decent team. They are balanced, IMO not that well coached (Yes, they did beat JC). But like I said, IMO.

JC is my team through and through, but we can't pass the ball or defend the pass.

This loss is aggervating, there is no reason PCC should have beat JC. But they did. Every team is gonna have good games and bad games. It's just so happens that JC had a bad game on the same night PCC had a good game.

Time to move on to Clay County.

Excuse me sir, but that decent team that your referring to just whooped your all mighty eagles in the nest. ha! JC may have had a bad game OR they just flat out got beat by a more talented team all i know is Robinson & company shut Jude down.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:IMO means In My Opinion.

All I'm gonna say is there is more to coaching than winning.

Thanks for the heads up.
I always wondered what that meant.
I usually throw it in my statements on here but I didn't know if it was the right context or not Confusednicker:

And I said "It looks to me like" in my post.
That pretty much means "IMO"(In My Opinion).

also....there may be a little more to coaching than winning, but not much more.
Sure you can skank a game here and there and maybe ride on your player's backs.

Can you point out to me what you saw in Haddix tonight that made you think Perry isn't well-coached?
Eagle Eye Wrote:I don't remember a int in the endzone? I know there was a pass interference on Jude when he was knocked down before the ball arrived! On the Rankin play JC blitzed and one of PCC's players grabbed the jersey as he went by which was holding and from the spot. I was confused too about the kids coming back!

On the radio....
on a Perry County based station....
you have to take this for what it's worth lol

They said PCC intercepted the ball in the endzone and they called it back.
They stated that Robinson tipped the ball meaning it would be totally legit to clean the offensive player's clock.

However, take it for what it's worth.
This calls for a celebration boys.
Did you say bud light? ..... yes don't mind if i do :champ:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Excuse me sir, but that decent team that your referring to just whooped your all mighty eagles in the nest. ha! JC may have had a bad game OR they just flat out got beat by a more talented team all i know is Robinson & company shut Jude down.

Like I said... PCC is decent. PCC did beat JC at home. PCC had a good game and JC had a bad game. Jude did get "shut down." Just because PCC won doesnt mean they are more talented team.

And to see PCC's fans and players react after the game, you'd think PCC won the state title. Either PCC isn't used to winning big games or JC is establised a state power.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Perry Central is a... decent team. They are balanced, IMO not that well coached (Yes, they did beat JC). But like I said, IMO.

JC is my team through and through, but we can't pass the ball or defend the pass.

This loss is aggervating, there is no reason PCC should have beat JC. But they did. Every team is gonna have good games and bad games. It's just so happens that JC had a bad game on the same night PCC had a good game.

You explained exactly why JC got beat, but then later say the only reason JC lost is because they played bad and Perry played good :eyeroll:

JC cant pass the ball (44 yards, 2 INT's) and they cant defend the pass (228 yards 3 TD's)

It's been that same ole story ever since Matney has been there and it shows every year in the playoffs when they run into a team that has a good run defense and good pass offense. This game could be a very bad thing for JC. Perry just exposed JC's weaknesses and showed how one demensional JC is this year. There is no JK Hall, Tanner Bratton, or Cody Parkers to to keep teams honest this year, everybody is gonna key on Jude from here on out, and if any of the teams on JC's schedule can pass the ball effectively, they are gonna do it. I hope I'm wrong because I pull for JC every week, but the truth is the thruth, and sometimes it hurts.
Zaga, this game has been over for only around an hour, and you've already raised all kinds of hell, lol.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Like I said... PCC is decent. PCC did beat JC at home. PCC had a good game and JC had a bad game. Jude did get "shut down." Just because PCC won doesnt mean they are more talented team.

And to see PCC's fans and players react after the game, you'd think PCC won the state title. Either PCC isn't used to winning big games or JC is establised a state power.

[Image: camron-u-mad.jpg]
I called this in the prediction thread.

Knew it would be a good game because Perry Central matches up very well with Johnson Central.

Congrats Commodores!
Aslan Wrote:Zaga, this game has been over for only around an hour, and you've already raised all kinds of hell, lol.

And my new guitar amp came in today and I was so looking forward to playing it all night.
But I can't stop raising it lol
WOW This score is shocking to me.. Congrads PCC.

I never would have thought this outcome, but I have always said, if you cant pass you cant beat good teams that can pass... just bottom line IMO.

On a side note, this makes my Blackcats look a lot better than I thought!
Confusedhh:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Perry Central is a... decent team. They are balanced, IMO not that well coached (Yes, they did beat JC). But like I said, IMO.

Well I guess if Perry Central is just a 'decent team' than Johnny Central must definitely be well below average, by your logic at least.
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: camron-u-mad.jpg]

Any chance I can get a check?
Aslan Wrote:Well I guess if Perry Central is just a 'decent team' that Johnny Central must definitely be well below average, by your logic at least.

By the way JC played tonight..... then you are correct.

But JC needs to move on to Clay County.

Unregistered

comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Johnson is still a good football team, they just got flat out whooped tonight by a team that they thought they would run all over. & to all the JC fans, What happened to ole' jj's 300+ rushing yards regardless?? huh? :lmao: jj......meet Matt Robinson.

Really....are you kidding me? Yes Matt Robinson had a good game, but he alone DID NOT stop JJ. Let's give the other 3 to 4 boys that tackled JJ every play some credit too. Even with 3 to 4 boys on top of him every play, JJ scored 3 touchdowns. It doesn't sound like anyone stopped him to me.
Gotta say, I predicted JC by 2-3 Touchdowns. Very proud of the Commodores. This is one of the biggest wins in school history.
Matt Robinson is definitely the best linebacker in the Mts. Is there even a dispute about that anymore?
The PCC radio announcers were constantly complaining about bad calls, but you can only take that with a grain of salt. It was hilarious though. Ric Flair was even mentioned during a PCC touchdown Big Grin
Grats on the win Dores, but get ready, y'all got another tough road game next week.

Possum

JC was bought out or they are playing possum. Thats the only way they could have lost this game. PCC not even in the same league.
I can see the couches burning in Hazard all the way from Harlan...:biggrin:

Two things certain....Johnsonville is not as good as they were last year, Perry Central is much better than they were last year.

Great win PCC!
Quote:Like I said... PCC is decent. PCC did beat JC at home. PCC had a good game and JC had a bad game. Jude did get "shut down." Just because PCC won doesnt mean they are more talented team.

see your making excuses, thats not cool man. your just to gutless to admitt that these ole perry boys whooped that ass! lol and showed they ARE the better team they wanted it more, especially the defense. & the kind of football program johnson central is, compared to what perry has done? our fans should react as if they won a state tittle. #3 team in the mountains, yeah buddy! i gotta feeling we're starting to get in your head:lmao:
Between Zaga & Aslan + Highlands fans, this thread could go on for the rest of the season.

LOL
Possum Wrote:JC was bought out or they are playing possum. Thats the only way they could have lost this game. PCC not even in the same league.
:poker face:
IMO both squads are decent football teams who at this moment are pretty sloppy and raw. The Robinson kid is for real but they are far from a great team. I also believe if PCC was coached better they could have beat JC by more. JC's D was awful, maybe the worst i've seen in 5 or 6 years. But, the season is young and hopefully we can turn things around. The PCC passing game is more like a running game with extended handoffs to athletic receivers. Still JC couldn't stop it. Both squads have room for improvement but congrats on a good fought win PCC. The ones of you i spoke with at the game were classy and nice not like one of their fans on here.
I have to say it's a little embarrassing when the guests side of the stadium is louder than the home teams side. We had a packed house tonight and most of the Central side just sat there. We only lost by one touchdown so I would hardly call it a butt whooping.PCC did a great job tonight. Hopefully Central will learn from their mistakes and do better next week.
Well i have watched pcc 2 weeks in a row and i must say they are for real. Jc is to one dimensional and will have a hard time against teams this year who can stop the run. Jude is a beast but you have to be able to throw the ball and keep teams honest. Pcc threw the ball all over them and pcc's speed ate jc up all night on both sides of the ball.
Possum Wrote:JC was bought out or they are playing possum. Thats the only way they could have lost this game. PCC not even in the same league.

Cmon now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14