Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
ANEWPAT Wrote:Unless he has made a change, Zack Owens is still at KCC. He is a great kid, but I don't think he is going to be a top shooter for any team.

That's already been said on here but the Lion Nation keeps bringing him up.
Where is the kid going to school at right now?
Well, I stand corrected. Just got off the phone with my buddy at KCC. Owens started at KCC but has now transferred to Cordia. My over all opinion remains the same. I don't see it making much of a difference. For the last two years I haven't missed many KCC games and I when his name first came up, I had to call and ask who he was. He hasn't been a contributing player at KCC.
ekff Wrote:DUDE.... Here are some G's and F's that will be able to handle Chris Hudson (6'4" 165 lbs)... Zach Davis, Matt Day, Braxton Beverly, Cameron Justice, Bj Combs, Jordan Olinger, Evan Hall, Logan Johnson, Sawyer Denniston ..... I think the 14th Region players will be O.K. LOL!!!!!

See stupid post like this is why everyone is dogging Cordia right now!!!!

Ive seen everyone of these kids play. Like i said in my post no offense to any of the other players. And have you seen Chris Hudson play dude? Zack Davis..way to many surgerys has made him way to slow to keep up with this kid. Beverly To slow and a foot and half shorter then hudson. Like i said time will tell i was just telling everyone who they are and that they ant going anywhere. Post like mine is why people dog cordia bro? No ones had anything good to say since rodrick and the transfers came. Owens never had a fair chance to play dude. Last time i checked Seth Adams starts and averages like 3 points a game when theres 3 or 4 players better then him on the bench. Everyone knows knotts a school not bout how much talent you got but who your daddy works for so owens removed himself from a bad situation, trust me kids going to contribute to this team as they dominate this year.:Thumbs:
KHSAA12 Wrote:Ive seen everyone of these kids play. Like i said in my post no offense to any of the other players. And have you seen Chris Hudson play dude? Zack Davis..way to many surgerys has made him way to slow to keep up with this kid. Beverly To slow and a foot and half shorter then hudson. Like i said time will tell i was just telling everyone who they are and that they ant going anywhere. Post like mine is why people dog cordia bro? No ones had anything good to say since rodrick and the transfers came. Owens never had a fair chance to play dude. Last time i checked Seth Adams starts and averages like 3 points a game when theres 3 or 4 players better then him on the bench. Everyone knows knotts a school not bout how much talent you got but who your daddy works for so owens removed himself from a bad situation, trust me kids going to contribute to this team as they dominate this year.:Thumbs:

Chris Hudson might turn out to be a good player but he ain't going to come into the 14th region and be the man right away... I know Hudson only had 3 ppg last season....

So for the next few years people are going to be talking about Chris Hudson and not Braxton Beverly and Cameron Justice which are both ranked in the nation in there classes??????

And for Zach Davis, did you not watch the 14th region tournament last season. The kid was just about 70% and led his team to the championship game....

Listen.... Zach Davis, Matt Day, Braxton Beverly, Cameron Justice, Bj Combs have all already shown they can play... You have never seen Chris Hudson play before besides in open gym against a team that won 7 games last season......
ekff Wrote:Chris Hudson might turn out to be a good player but he ain't going to come into the 14th region and be the man right away... I know Hudson only had 3 ppg last season....

So for the next few years people are going to be talking about Chris Hudson and not Braxton Beverly and Cameron Justice which are both ranked in the nation in there classes??????

And for Zach Davis, did you not watch the 14th region tournament last season. The kid was just about 70% and led his team to the championship game....

Listen.... Zach Davis, Matt Day, Braxton Beverly, Cameron Justice, Bj Combs have all already shown they can play... You have never seen Chris Hudson play before besides in open gym against a team that won 7 games last season......

lol Actually bro yes rod brought supporting videos of the tranfers before they came. And im not taking anything away from those players that you have mention. All iam saying ive seen the players your talking bout for about 3 or 4 years now prolly just like you have but u havent seen hudson play u havent seen him dominate on ppl that if were still in high skl would dominate your mentionable players. Like Ive said " TIME WILL TELL". And i kno where tlkin bout hudson right now but uve forgot about the williams brothers thats right beside him that i promise are just as good or in my opinion better then justice and beverly. Yes their top ranked but take them to where these kids have come from where the starting five are d1 prospects and i promise they would hand out the water just like everyone else. These kids have transferred from houston texas to come here so they could get looked at. They did get playing time but not what they deserved.
We will just have to see what the Lions bring to the table..
I was impressed with them, but we will just have to see..
I can guarantee you this..
Letcher is going to get merked.
And as for Zack Owens, he has moved locations to become eligible...
Cordia will get him eligible, and I promise you he will make more noise than most of you lead on here..
He lives right up the road from me - I am talking meters here.. I know what he's capable of and his athleticism for his age is pretty good.
Ballers Wrote:And as for Zack Owens, he has moved locations to become eligible...
Cordia will get him eligible, and I promise you he will make more noise than most of you lead on here..
He lives right up the road from me - I am talking meters here.. I know what he's capable of and his athleticism for his age is pretty good.

I hope you are right. I just can't help but to think that BB would have played him if he was really that good. I mean you are talking a top shooter in the 14th. It was BB's first year coaching high school basketball and he wanted to win. If the Owens kid could have made a difference, he would have been on the floor. That being said, I just may be a Cordia fan this year. I have been following boys basketball since the mid eighties. They haven't had a team since then that I felt could win the 14th. If things work out for them this year, they just may change that. I for one will be attending some Cordia games this year. Hope your boys don't disappoint me.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I hope you are right. I just can't help but to think that BB would have played him if he was really that good. I mean you are talking a top shooter in the 14th. It was BB's first year coaching high school basketball and he wanted to win. If the Owens kid could have made a difference, he would have been on the floor. That being said, I just may be a Cordia fan this year. I have been following boys basketball since the mid eighties. They haven't had a team since then that I felt could win the 14th. If things work out for them this year, they just may change that. I for one will be attending some Cordia games this year. Hope your boys don't disappoint me.

Glad to hear you'll be attending some cordia games this year, first game november 28th, cordia vs south floyd. It was BB's first year as a coach and just like every coach knott has had is all about politics and who their daddy works for. Owens was told he would have to wait for his playing time just like everybody else, what happened an 8th grader comes along last year, starts over owens and this year same thing happened. So owens done what was best for him and transferred to where he would be treated as an equal and will in fact get playing time.
zaga_fan Wrote:Tell me this...
wouldn't Chris Hudson have to play center for the Lions?

What's your point?
KHSAA12 Wrote:Glad to hear you'll be attending some cordia games this year, first game november 28th, cordia vs south floyd. It was BB's first year as a coach and just like every coach knott has had is all about politics and who their daddy works for. Owens was told he would have to wait for his playing time just like everybody else, what happened an 8th grader comes along last year, starts over owens and this year same thing happened. So owens done what was best for him and transferred to where he would be treated as an equal and will in fact get playing time.

Good post KHSAA12.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol Actually bro yes rod brought supporting videos of the tranfers before they came. And im not taking anything away from those players that you have mention. All iam saying ive seen the players your talking bout for about 3 or 4 years now prolly just like you have but u havent seen hudson play u havent seen him dominate on ppl that if were still in high skl would dominate your mentionable players. Like Ive said " TIME WILL TELL". And i kno where tlkin bout hudson right now but uve forgot about the williams brothers thats right beside him that i promise are just as good or in my opinion better then justice and beverly. Yes their top ranked but take them to where these kids have come from where the starting five are d1 prospects and i promise they would hand out the water just like everyone else. These kids have transferred from houston texas to come here so they could get looked at. They did get playing time but not what they deserved.

Sounds like you may have admitted to some possible illegal recruiting activity with the videos. This is not college basketball. Coaches cannot talk someone into attending their high school when they are already attending another high school. Looking at the posts on here by the Cordia faithful, they definitely didn't come for a good education. If you think that college scouts are more apt to come to Cordia instead of Houston, Texas, you have lost your mind. A bench player on a good school(or any) school in Houston is going to get more looks then a star in Lotts Creek.
Ballers Wrote:We will just have to see what the Lions bring to the table..
I was impressed with them, but we will just have to see..
I can guarantee you this..
Letcher is going to get merked.

Merked?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Merked?

Owned, beat, swept. However you like your eggs bruhh.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol Actually bro yes rod brought supporting videos of the tranfers before they came. And im not taking anything away from those players that you have mention. All iam saying ive seen the players your talking bout for about 3 or 4 years now prolly just like you have but u havent seen hudson play u havent seen him dominate on ppl that if were still in high skl would dominate your mentionable players. Like Ive said " TIME WILL TELL". And i kno where tlkin bout hudson right now but uve forgot about the williams brothers thats right beside him that i promise are just as good or in my opinion better then justice and beverly. Yes their top ranked but take them to where these kids have come from where the starting five are d1 prospects and i promise they would hand out the water just like everyone else. These kids have transferred from houston texas to come here so they could get looked at. They did get playing time but not what they deserved.

I was around Rhodes a lot when he first came and I never saw any kind of video.
What school in Texas did these kids come from???
Who are the kids dominating?? I didnt know you could even practice b4 10/15!!!! I know they past the rule now that u can have individual workouts with no more than 3 or 4 kids in the gym at the sametime but thats not true game situation. I really believe Cordia will b much better than last season because of Rhodes and the new kids. I think ur putting alot of pressure on a new coach and 3 young kids by saying they will compete or beat the likes of KCC, Hazard or PCC. I think ur asking alot for a 1st year coach in any sport for that matter. I do believe in the next 2 or 3 yrs u will see Cordia at the top of the 14th IF RHODES STAYS!!!!
The eighth grader was Evan Hall, and in my opinion he would have been playing at any school in the 14th. Besides, do you not think that Cordia's 7th grader won't be started before Owens. I do. He was the best player Cordia had last year and he will start this year. So you have the three boys from Texas and the 7th grader starting. Everyone else is competing for the one available position. If you are telling us that it is promised to Owens, then everyone is working his butt off for nothing.
ANEWPAT Wrote:The eighth grader was Evan Hall, and in my opinion he would have been playing at any school in the 14th. Besides, do you not think that Cordia's 7th grader won't be started before Owens. I do. He was the best player Cordia had last year and he will start this year. So you have the three boys from Texas and the 7th grader starting. Everyone else is competing for the one available position. If you are telling us that it is promised to Owens, then everyone is working his butt off for nothing.

The 7th grader is good, and will get his share of playing time, but I don't see him starting. Maybe towards the end of the year or next year but no this season. When you have the three new boys, Marcus Sumner, Josh Mullins, Ricky Sumner, and Dalton Davidson, it will be hard for that 7th grader to start. But...Go Lions!!!!!

As far as the bold goes, he aint no better than any of the boys I named. But by the time he is a Junior and Senior he will be AWESOME!!! Rhodes was quoted saying that if Austin keeps improving the way he is, that Rhodes thinks when he is a Senior he will be a SEC D-1 material(Rhodes said so).
Well, I have to admit that I haven't followed Cordia basketball close enough to know how any of those other boys play. I am familiar with the 7th grader because he started last year as a 6th grader and many of us thought that if he had been at another school where he had other top players playing with him that he would have received attention similiar to Beverley. He got lost because Cordia wasn't making any noise and no one paid them or him any attention. I can't wait to see how it all pans out regardless of who they put on the floor. I just might be there be at the Cordia vs. South Floyd game, but I thought it will be the 29th. I'll double check with the KHSAA website. The game that I am really waiting for is Dec 8th.
Ballers Wrote:What's your point?

I dunno man....
we're talking about how there are no guards or forwards that are going to do anything with him....
maybe I think it's a freaking meaningless point to make if the guy is going to be playing the 5.

So what's your point?
zaga_fan Wrote:I dunno man....
we're talking about how there are no guards or forwards that are going to do anything with him....
maybe I think it's a freaking meaningless point to make if the guy is going to be playing the 5.

So what's your point?

This will probably be the same type of Helter Skelter basketball that Cordia has played in the past but with a few more athletes. Five guards firing up threes. It results in some good wins but usually ends in an early exit around tournament time.
^We'll see what happens.
That's what I've been saying ever since Rhodes took the job.
The guy has never been a head coach, but he's been under some of the best.
You know the guy knows the game, but teaching it to someone else is a different story.

I was talking to a guy at Church Wednesday night that was frustrated with the fact that the band at his Church wasn't very talented and he couldn't seem to help them.
The guy's a wonderful musician....but he couldn't understand why they couldn't progress like he wanted them to.

He will have his hands full because you've got coaches like Hatcher that can bridge the talent gap like no one.
It's like when Hazard won their last Region. They were stacked and were the hands down the most talented team in the 14th. But Perry beat them in the District and pushed them to the very limit in the championship during OT.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Sounds like you may have admitted to some possible illegal recruiting activity with the videos. This is not college basketball. Coaches cannot talk someone into attending their high school when they are already attending another high school. Looking at the posts on here by the Cordia faithful, they definitely didn't come for a good education. If you think that college scouts are more apt to come to Cordia instead of Houston, Texas, you have lost your mind. A bench player on a good school(or any) school in Houston is going to get more looks then a star in Lotts Creek.

lol illegal recruiting? So theres a rule against a mobile upload on a phone being shown to former students that are in college now. Well then thats a pretty dumb of the khsaa then. And as far as i know of u can transfer for any reason you want. When u got proof that rhodes recruited these kids bro come talk to us on the creek. Any one can play pick up ball last time i checked. Every monday-sunday. Come join us in sum friendly "PICK UP BALL" on lotts creek. :Thumbs:
ANEWPAT Wrote:The eighth grader was Evan Hall, and in my opinion he would have been playing at any school in the 14th. Besides, do you not think that Cordia's 7th grader won't be started before Owens. I do. He was the best player Cordia had last year and he will start this year. So you have the three boys from Texas and the 7th grader starting. Everyone else is competing for the one available position. If you are telling us that it is promised to Owens, then everyone is working his butt off for nothing.

Austin Combs?..Very good player. Has rhodes talked to you personally and told you hes starting? Very doubtful. On lotts Creek EVERY day Bruhh. Your trying to tell me something i know for a fact ant true. Please tell me something that i may not have any knowledge of thats happening on lotts creek cause until then ur making me think your complete moron.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol illegal recruiting? So theres a rule against a mobile upload on a phone being shown to former students that are in college now. Well then thats a pretty dumb of the khsaa then. And as far as i know of u can transfer for any reason you want. When u got proof that rhodes recruited these kids bro come talk to us on the creek. Any one can play pick up ball last time i checked. Every monday-sunday. Come join us in sum friendly "PICK UP BALL" on lotts creek. :Thumbs:

Showing the MOBILE upload is not the problem. Him having it probably insinuates that he has had contact with them to come to Cordia. How else are they going to know about Cordia. It is not that well known of a place in Houston. You also cannot transfer for primarily athletics. You need to read up on the KHSAA rules. As far as pick-up ball, my days have long past due to being fat and out of shape and also having to work around 10 hours a day. Since you may not know how to look up the KHSAA rules, I am getting ready to post some on this thread and there is a lot of interesting information.
Bylaw 6 Section 2 Subsection A - To receiver a waiver and become eligible a student must have a bonafide change of residence. Means the moving of the permanent residence of the ENTIRE family of the student and the students parents from one school district or defined school attendance area into another school district or defined school district.

Bylaw 6 Section 3 Subsection C - Restrictions that result in DENIAL of eligibility of the change in schools is MOTIVATED in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school.

Bylaw 6-2 Subsection 6 - Rules keep the focus of educators and students on the fact that students attend schools to receive an education first, and participate in athletics second.

Bylaw 6-2 Subsection 10 - These rules prevent MANIPULATION of a residence change or other exceptions solely or primarily for the purpose of interscholastic athletic participation
and serve to ensure the integrity of the rules

So where does it say that students can TRANSFER for any reason.
It has been stated many times on several threads about how the transfers are doing in practice. Well you need to read the rules.

Bylaw 6-11 - Student has to be ruled eligible in order to try out, PRACTICE, or play for the team.
It has been stated on BR many times that the transfers were going to live in "The Dorms" and someone also stated that there wasn't any dorms, that they were living with their coach in an apartment. That Cordia was actually a boarding school so it was alright for them to transfer. Lets check out the rules.

Bylaw 6-12 - A Boarding school is defined as a school that has enrolled a RESIDENT BOARDING SCHOOL POPULATION in the 9th through the 12th grade of at least 10% of the STUDENT BODY. So is 10% of the student body at Cordia living in the so called dorms. If not, it is not considered a boarding school. A boarding school shall have appropriate dormitory facilities to house, feed, and provide general living accomodations for boarding students and shall have properly trained supervisory personnel on duty at all times.

It has been stated on BR more than once that either Coach Rhodes was living in the dorms with the transfers or he was living in an apartment with them. Lets look at that rule.

Bylaw 6-13 - Coaches and other individuals employed by or associated with boarding schools athletic programs SHALL NOT SERVE as the boarding supervisor or OTHERWISE LIVE with boarding students in school housing.
Lets look at the rules for Recruitment.

Bylaw 10 - Section 1 - A pupil at any grade level shall not be recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose of participating in athletics, including recruitment under the guise of academics.

Bylaw 10 - Section 2 - Subsection A - An athletic COACH or any other member of the school staff shall not influence a student even if the student, his or her parents, or any intermediary from another school makes the initial contact. In this situation, a COACH or staff member(paid or unpaid) should immediately refer the person to the school principal.

Bylaw 10 - Section 2 - Subsection B - Influencing a student shall include the PROMISE or INSTILLING the expectation of an athletic advantage, playing time, employment of the student, or the students parents or relatives, HOUSING for the student or students parents, scholarships or financial aid for which other members of student body are not generally eligible , or any other material or athletic reward for which other members of the student body are not generally eligible.

I do not know if these players were recruited but how did they ever learn about Cordia and who made arrangements to get them here. Are they living in a dorm or apartment rent or board free while other students are not provided the same luxury. Sounds like a soap opera is about to get cranked up in ole Lotts Creek
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36