Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
That's exactly what it sounds like. I just don't understand it. Besides does anyone even know if the KHSAA has even declared these transfers eligible yet. Because if they are not eligible all of this arguing is for nothing. I assume that Cordia has requested their waivers. Does anyone know for a fact, not your opinion but real fact, that the KHSAA is going to let them play? Does anyone know when Cordia filed their request for a waiver and then how long does it normally take to get a response?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Sounds if most people on this thread need to talk with their head not their heart. lol!!! sounds like kindergartners arguing over a who going to be the line leader today.

Lol, amen.
Did any of the tranfers play varsity at their previous schools? If they did they would be ineligible as soon as they enrolled, and must get a waiver to play. And it can't be for athletic purposes. If they did not play varsity all they would need is a release from their previous school. Some schools get by with it and some don't. Lets just see!!!
Thought the rules were different and if you transferred from out of state, you could play immediately?
Just looked it up again to make sure I didn't read it wrong, but the are not immediately eligible. Following the individual rules, there are specific questions. One of those specific questions is if someone is immediately eligible if he transfers in from out of state. The answer was "No". It said he still has to be ruled eligible before trying out, practicing or playing with the team.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Just looked it up again to make sure I didn't read it wrong, but the are not immediately eligible. Following the individual rules, there are specific questions. One of those specific questions is if someone is immediately eligible if he transfers in from out of state. The answer was "No". It said he still has to be ruled eligible before trying out, practicing or playing with the team.

I don't know many people with any connection at all to Cordia. The few I do know say they are not sure if the boys have been ruled eligible yet or not. My next question would be, if they have not been ruled eligible yet, is it not a rule violation for them to be attending open gyms and conditioning?
Ignore all my previous posts.......someone just called me and said they saw a facebook post of Coach Rhodes at the KHSAA taking pictures with the Commissioner this past week. If they haven't been ruled eligible yet, they will be. LOL I guess he really was a good hire!
Aslan Wrote:Thought the rules were different and if you transferred from out of state, you could play immediately?

No. The same rules apply.
I think everyone that posts on here about Kentucky High School sports needs to read the KHSAA rules and bylaw although they organization uses selective enforcement.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Ignore all my previous posts.......someone just called me and said they saw a facebook post of Coach Rhodes at the KHSAA taking pictures with the Commissioner this past week. If they haven't been ruled eligible yet, they will be. LOL I guess he really was a good hire!

Thank you...oh yea finally got to see a match before everyone else. Matt day made an appearance at the gym tonight and him and Hudson was on apposing teams. Now if ya don't believe me or any of the other cordia fans when we say the Hudson kids the real deal ask Matt day himself. Yes, i know its pick up ball, but believe me when i say more competitive then most high school games its the truth. Neither kid gave an inch and ended up being a 24 by 4 game reachin the high 60's. But just figured id post and let everyone know. And like i said if ya don't believe me ask anyone else there or Matt day himself. Kids good. Wasn't talking with my heart like other bgr users had said, when i see talent ill give credit where credits due.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No. The same rules apply.

Gotcha :Thumbs:
How many times had transfer students get eligible when they changed their address??? Almost all of them here in the past 5 years that I know of. These boys have moved, changed addresses, they will be playing come October 15th so keep on sweating
Crazy Horse Wrote:How many times had transfer students get eligible when they changed their address??? Almost all of them here in the past 5 years that I know of. These boys have moved, changed addresses, they will be playing come October 15th so keep on sweating

:Thumbs:....we all kno they will be..but hes had to go twice up there for owens but he just moved to lotts creek as we speak so hes good. And sumner and sumner was welcomed bck to team today so everything's lookin good on the crk. Esp. after what i got to witness tonight.
Crazy Horse Wrote:How many times had transfer students get eligible when they changed their address??? Almost all of them here in the past 5 years that I know of. These boys have moved, changed addresses, they will be playing come October 15th so keep on sweating

Don't believe anybody is sweating.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Thank you...oh yea finally got to see a match before everyone else. Matt day made an appearance at the gym tonight and him and Hudson was on apposing teams. Now if ya don't believe me or any of the other cordia fans when we say the Hudson kids the real deal ask Matt day himself. Yes, i know its pick up ball, but believe me when i say more competitive then most high school games its the truth. Neither kid gave an inch and ended up being a 24 by 4 game reachin the high 60's. But just figured id post and let everyone know. And like i said if ya don't believe me ask anyone else there or Matt day himself. Kids good. Wasn't talking with my heart like other bgr users had said, when i see talent ill give credit where credits due.

Sean, I don't know why you keep forgetting, but from my very first post, I have not questioned that if these boys play, Cordia will be much better. Even said I was looking forwarding to watching them this year. I knew the date of the first game when one of the Cordia hopefuls didn't. Now do I believe the will dominate, don't know, will have to wait until I see them play to make that decision. That being said, from what I know about the situation, I think clearly the boys should not be eligible and if I coached one of the other schools, I would be at the KHSAA screaming my head off. But, I'm not a coach at any other school and I don't have a kid playing at any other school. For me, it's just going to make for an interesting season.
Aslan Wrote:Don't believe anybody is sweating.

Many people's post say otherwise.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Sean, I don't know why you keep forgetting, but from my very first post, I have not questioned that if these boys play, Cordia will be much better. Even said I was looking forwarding to watching them this year. I knew the date of the first game when one of the Cordia hopefuls didn't. Now do I believe the will dominate, don't know, will have to wait until I see them play to make that decision. That being said, from what I know about the situation, I think clearly the boys should not be eligible and if I coached one of the other schools, I would be at the KHSAA screaming my head off. But, I'm not a coach at any other school and I don't have a kid playing at any other school. For me, it's just going to make for an interesting season.

lol i really hope you don't think i was being a smarta** when i said thank you cause the thank you was a sincere thank you. And the post with Hudson and Day matching up last night that was for anyone to see. It sure wasn't directly towards you. But as you wanting these kids to be ruled ineligible trust me its not going to happen. They've made a legit move, and already have their address's lined out. And i hope no one gets mad when cordia does show up this year and contends with the top of 14th. I mean i wish whoever the hell your team is the best of luck. But everyone on here has put Matt Day at the top of the region where he deserves to be, but I myself knew that Day wouldn't be a problem for Hudson. They are both great players and play the same type of game. Hudson's handles and speed IMO are better then Days. And the last time i checked Days got this year and hes gone with high school Ball. Hudson's a legit sophomore just now turned 15. If Day is the only kid standing in his way like everyones sayin along with Davis (senior) then hudson will dominate this region for years to come. But man trust me that post wasn't towards you. The only reason i quoted was because i was honestly thanking you for postin that Rhodes had been to the KHSAA several times already.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Sean, I don't know why you keep forgetting, but from my very first post, I have not questioned that if these boys play, Cordia will be much better. Even said I was looking forwarding to watching them this year. I knew the date of the first game when one of the Cordia hopefuls didn't. Now do I believe the will dominate, don't know, will have to wait until I see them play to make that decision. That being said, from what I know about the situation, I think clearly the boys should not be eligible and if I coached one of the other schools, I would be at the KHSAA screaming my head off. But, I'm not a coach at any other school and I don't have a kid playing at any other school. For me, it's just going to make for an interesting season.

:poker face:
Cordia will have to wait at least one more year now, lol. But still are far from the top, have always been far from the top.
king360 Wrote::poker face:

This has killed me lol.
No way Cordia wins region. I dont care who they got. Another thing no kid in his right mind would ever leave Perry, Hazard, Knott,or even LCC to ever play at Cordia. Im sorry Cordia no disrespect. Coach Rhoades is bringing hype to the kids and making them believe, but honestly the season will start and reality will kick in. Sorry Cordia you are the same old Cordia with a big name coach. You will lose to Knott, Perry , Hazard and LCC, but on the bright side maybe next year.
surgeon Wrote:No way Cordia wins region. I dont care who they got. Another thing no kid in his right mind would ever leave Perry, Hazard, Knott,or even LCC to ever play at Cordia. Im sorry Cordia no disrespect. Coach Rhoades is bringing hype to the kids and making them believe, but honestly the season will start and reality will kick in. Sorry Cordia you are the same old Cordia with a big name coach. You will lose to Knott, Perry , Hazard and LCC, but on the bright side maybe next year.

Beautifully said.
surgeon Wrote:No way Cordia wins region. I dont care who they got. Another thing no kid in his right mind would ever leave Perry, Hazard, Knott,or even LCC to ever play at Cordia. Im sorry Cordia no disrespect. Coach Rhoades is bringing hype to the kids and making them believe, but honestly the season will start and reality will kick in. Sorry Cordia you are the same old Cordia with a big name coach. You will lose to Knott, Perry , Hazard and LCC, but on the bright side maybe next year.

Already has been. Mostly been freshman, but SEVERAL already have.
Trust me Hazard, Perry, Knott or LCC hasnt lost any freshmen that they will need this year. Im sorry if you guys are wanting a good story go rent the movie Hoosiers. Enough said you guys will not beat Hazard, Perry, LCC, especially Knott.
surgeon Wrote:Trust me Hazard, Perry, Knott or LCC hasnt lost any freshmen that they will need this year. Im sorry if you guys are wanting a good story go rent the movie Hoosiers. Enough said you guys will not beat Hazard, Perry, LCC, especially Knott.

I never said that they have lost Freshman they could use this year, but 2 or 3 years down the line they sure could use them.

For the bold, they will beat, for the underline they will compete.

Hazard and Cordia played this summer, I was at the game, I even set on Cordia's bench. Hazard had one boy not there. Hazard had the entire team but B.J. Hazard beat Cordia by 5. With these three new addditions to Cordia, IMO they will beat Hazard. As for Letcher, Letcher probably will beat them both times, but I am going to say they split the season. And if Letcher does beat Cordia both times, both games will be by single digits.
Trust me summer ball means nothing just like 7 on 7 in football. Its all bull. Just wait Hazard will be Hazard a mop the floor with your a-- and Letchers big Stewart will own Cordia and Knotts Freshmen will dominate them. I told you once wake up ! Your team is boring and they are still a joke. If you are wanting something where the underdog wins go rent a movie it will not happen in 14 region. Im sorry but you keep talking like these 3-4 freshmen you got will make an immediate impact. Who cares what happens three to four years fom now.
Hazard had the entire team but Bj. HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha. Like saying the University of Kentucky had everyone except john Wall and whats funny they still beat you. LMAO.
surgeon Wrote:Trust me summer ball means nothing just like 7 on 7 in football. Its all bull. Just wait Hazard will be Hazard a mop the floor with your a-- and Letchers big Stewart will own Cordia and Knotts Freshmen will dominate them. I told you once wake up ! Your team is boring and they are still a joke. If you are wanting something where the underdog wins go rent a movie it will not happen in 14 region. Im sorry but you keep talking like these 3-4 freshmen you got will make an immediate impact. Who cares what happens three to four years fom now.

Try and get this through that thick skull to your brain, I have not one time said these freshman will make any immediate impact. The transfers are the ones who I have said will make immediate impacts but not these freshman from the surrounding county's. IMO they will beat Hazard, and I have stated this, I have said that of Cordia doesn't get more size, Stewart and Letcher will beat them, I HAVE SAID THAT. But as far a guard play, the Lions have better guards than the Cougars. I will tell you this, wake up as well, my Lions very may not beat the Cougars of Letcher, or the Bulldogs of Hazard. But Hudson and the rest of them are just Sophomores. Give it when he is a senior, best team in the 53rd. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lions will average more ppg than any team in the 53rd, that will never be boring. And yes, I will agree they are a joke until they prove themselves.....and they will prove themselves.
surgeon Wrote:Trust me summer ball means nothing just like 7 on 7 in football. Its all bull. Just wait Hazard will be Hazard a mop the floor with your a-- and Letchers big Stewart will own Cordia and Knotts Freshmen will dominate them. I told you once wake up ! Your team is boring and they are still a joke. If you are wanting something where the underdog wins go rent a movie it will not happen in 14 region. Im sorry but you keep talking like these 3-4 freshmen you got will make an immediate impact. Who cares what happens three to four years fom now.

You know so little about basketball its funny to read all these post. Cordia will score way to many points for LCC to keep up because they lost there best player and only outside threat. And as for Stewart, he couldn't even post up and score on 5'11" Jon Stacy last year for Cordia, didn't one time, so what makes you think he can a boy like Hudson. Actually in both games Stacy pushed Stewart as far from the basket as he wanted. Even stole the ball from him 3 or 4 times while he tried to post him up.
I am so tired of this Cordia-LCC mythical crap. Move on!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36