Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
How good can they be next season and why?
I think if LCC can fill in a few holes they have a chance to be very competitive. They return most of their playmakers on offence except for the huge hole left by Charlie Banks. Dustin Brown, Greg Collins, and Travis Stevens will make for a dangerous backfield and Chase Adams, Mckenzie Smith, and Nathan Maggard will be the core of a solid receiving core. Sophomore signal caller, Logan Johnson will bring a different look to the O as they become more pass oriented. Replacing Chase Knight and Joey Kincer are big question marks up front. Hopefully they can call on Dakota Cornett, Ryan Brock, and Sid Fields to move to the O line to help shore that up. Also Soph Mike Blair has the ability to step in and play. The D should be solid if Josh Mcbee and Korey Stewart can get a little stronger in the weightroom and Sophomores Caleb Baker and Drew Bentley can improve their coverage skills.
The schedule looks to be a little more daunting this year though with the addition of Belfry, Hazard, and possibly Middlesboro added to the Non-District schedule
They can be good if they put forth a effort in weight room ,and study the game films. Good luck guys this year hopefully my friday nights will be some where on saturdays.
Charlie Banks will surely be missed for sure along with a couple of others, but Charlie is leaving the position in good hands with Logan Johnson taking over next season along with VERY GOOD YOUNG TALENT all over the field on offense and defense! Give this team 2 years..MARK IT DOWN!!
I just hope that the guys on the Offensive Line next year can improve enough to follow up two very good years for the Cougars in the trenches.
I have to agree with you. If they work hard in the off season, weight room everyday, and keep the ladies from telling them what to do<---just kidding, then they should be good. All the coaches work hard with these guys. They haven't peeked yet, but when they do look out. I know that Logan is playing basketball, but after that he really needs to work at his accuracy and arm speed. They O-Line will have to get stronger, and they need to find a center who can replace what Joey did last year. Special Teams will have to be work on again. Lucas kid need to really work on field goals.
Letcher County Central just don't impress me like I thought they would.
I believe that LCC will work hard in the off season after 2 disappointing losses in the regional final.
O-line Well Be The Best It Has Been 9-1
I feel that we will see a completley new LCC team. The Howard's are not sticking around for the heck of it. They have a whole lot of talent coming into that program. I feel that next season for them will be getting a feel for 2010-2011. They are gonna have some real weapons on the offense and will be able to put up points on any team they face. The biggest factor will be being able to stop the other teams. Keep an eye out for Drew Bentley over the next three seasons,especially if he puts on any size. I hope they got a program for building some speed at the receiver positions as well. If they can group up 20 or more seniors in two years time then Highlands better whatch out. I hope that they got some support getting alot of the young men to and from practice that's parents can't. Alot of those folks work all day and night just to support their family's. If they have a few concerned boosters to aid with that then they could have key positions filled. Im on the other side of the U.S. but they will have some booster support from me. And in response to the comment on they don't impress then you need to start watching some football allgame.
GRIFFIN Wrote:O-line Well Be The Best It Has Been 9-1

Thats a pretty tall claim
Who will be the next coach at Letcher if the Howards go back to Pikeville? I for one don't see them going to Pikeville but what if.
I feel pretty confident that Coach Howard will return to LCC, I would be kind of shocked if Ben left, but he is young and Pikeville would be a good place for him to start his head coaching. Replacing Ben would be very difficult, but I am sure that our Supt would make sure that we are OK. She is a football Fan!
I agree if they can get the nubers even higher and they hit the weight room harder than ever they can be dangerous.

I, as a fan would love to see them upgrade the schedule. M aybe drop a lesser team and pick up a stronger team from out of the area.
As of right now I think that Belfry, Middlesboro, and Hazard are going to be on the schedule. A big improvement for them! LCCHS wil find it much more difficult to win 7-8 games next year. I anticipate Harlan being much improved and Whitley returns most of their starters. Not sure what Clay will return, but I do know that this group of Seniors for them was heck on wheels in the middleschool. I think this is a nice solid schedule, throw in Perry, N. Laurel and maybe Leslie I am not for sure and that is good. SHould be a fun year in ermine!
cheese
I agree with all that we should drop some of the weak scheduling out of distrist. I do think they had a pretty tough district this past season and alot of people do not agree on that.
That district is going to be wide open for the next couple of years between 3 of the teams. Harlan, Whitley, and LCC will have some battles. That will be a hard district to predict for the next couple of years. LCC does seem like it's improving every year though. I don't know if they will ever get to be totally dominate of the district with Harlan in the picture. These two are very similiar. Both have admin. that are dedicated to football and community wide support. Those 2 things together, along of course with the athletes both teams have, make for exiting football in the mountains.
I feel that it will be up to any team to decide as well. Thing is next year is a building block for LCC and an even bigger one for HC. 2010-2011 for LCC will be huge...
If Howard is staying, he should consider contacting Matney at JC and try to schedule them.
Yes that would be good for both teams.
From reading some posts in other threads it looks as if Ben is leaving for Pikeville. If true, good luck Ben. Now if true who will take over for him as offensive coordinator and how will it affect the Cougars?
58fan Wrote:From reading some posts in other threads it looks as if Ben is leaving for Pikeville. If true, good luck Ben. Now if true who will take over for him as offensive coordinator and how will it affect the Cougars?

I just wonder if all the rumors about B. Howard leaving are true, or if they are wishful thinking. Time will tell.
I am pretty confident that Ben will be back at LCC. The administration is focused on winning in Letcher County and I don't feel that Pikeville's admin has the same emphasis currently. Academics are important and that should be the first priority of any district, but if you want excell in sports you have to be willing to commit the resources to make that happen. The supt in Letcher county is willing to make that happen because she understands that sucess breeds success in all areas both academically and athletically
LCC is playing Hazard. I guess its LCC coming to Hazard this time.
Not good at all...Charlie Banks's shoes are too big to fill
king360 Wrote:Not good at all...Charlie Banks's shoes are too big to fill

King, everyone in Letcher County is anticipating the Dore's coming to our house next season. The only think that would make it better would be if your PA man suited up and could take a few licks himself!
:booo: Yeah i heard alot of negatives about that guy. Ah! you know what they say about people who are all mouth!!!!!!!!!
king360 Wrote:Not good at all...Charlie Banks's shoes are too big to fill

I have two words "Logan Johnson"
He's still young but will do just fine replacing the former all-star Charlie Banks.
Does anyone know if Ben does leave, if we will run the same offense or will we go back to the power game of the old Hillard? Does anyone know if Ben is leaving for Pikeville or is he staying
It is Bens O', I'd say he keep it with him. Howards have built a good club on the mountain, they aren't going anywhere. Lots of kids in the weightroom means success.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16