Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Bentley will be a big time back. Would make a good High school wrestler too in case he wants to fall back on something. What is his weight right now?
Well said footballgirl1234, well said. By the way cougar chick, I do know what I am talking about, I have a copy of what every player is lifting...
58fan Wrote:Well said footballgirl1234, well said. By the way cougar chick, I do know what I am talking about, I have a copy of what every player is lifting...

which ones of these 10 graders r in the 1200 or 1400lb club since u got a copy of their maxs
which ones of the 10th graders r in the 1200 or 1400lb club since u have a copy of every1s maxes
Do not want to mention names but I counted 16 players at least in 1200 lb range
Keep Up The Good Work
oh
i think personally that the cougars are gonna go pretty far this year.. i believe that they are atleast gonna win the region and finally get over the hump as in the region championships.... COUGARAMA!!!!!!!!!
Its still early and we are all optimistic. I am very glad to be joined by the true fans on here supporting our team. If you have a bad opinion then put it out here right now. If we can get it out of the way early on then we can move ahead when the scrimmages start. I do not think we will win region but every player better be setting that goal and more. This season we will need every ounce of dedication possible. It is gonna be tough for the sophomres who will be put into action but i have seen this thing happen before. 1996 Jackets team were likely the best defense in the state and they had a heck of an offense. That team was built from numerous players,22 seniors in all who took the reigns around their Sophomore year. They took there licks and many ups and downs but the team it produced two years later was a beast.
i think letcher will be good next year but filling the shoes of charlie banks is no easy task. he was a heck of an athlete but i think they have players that can step up in other positions and do good.
Hilbily Wrote:Its still early and we are all optimistic. I am very glad to be joined by the true fans on here supporting our team. If you have a bad opinion then put it out here right now. If we can get it out of the way early on then we can move ahead when the scrimmages start. I do not think we will win region but every player better be setting that goal and more. This season we will need every ounce of dedication possible. It is gonna be tough for the sophomres who will be put into action but i have seen this thing happen before. 1996 Jackets team were likely the best defense in the state and they had a heck of an offense. That team was built from numerous players,22 seniors in all who took the reigns around their Sophomore year. They took there licks and many ups and downs but the team it produced two years later was a beast.

Are you talking about the Whitesburg Jackets? Or who?
Yeah the 1996 Whitesburg team. I have to say they were amazing to watch.
to that team good is would be a discrase.... that team was one of the better teams from the mountains!!!
hows there line comin along
I do not have the list of actual pounds lifted as 58Fan does but I do know the kids personally and have been around them for a while. I will throw out the names of the 9th and 10th graders that are in or knocking on the 1200 & 1400 clubs. Sophomores are Dakota Cornett, Justin Garrett and possibly a few more the two mentioned could be in the 1600 club now or soon. 9th graders are Michael Blair and Ryan Hall, Sidney Fields, Koree Stewart. All of these freshmen are ranging from 6'0 - 6'7 and weighing in at least 210 - 260 and all have exceptional foot work and speed. The sky is the limit guys for these kids. I know that Coach Maggard has youth going against him but with athletes like these to work with I don't think he is complaining one bit. I predict that you are about to see the beginning of a dominant line regardless of the competition for many years to come. Almost forgot to mention the 8th graders that are now or soon will be in Maggard's weight program as linemen. Blake Knight (little brother of Chase Knight) 6'3 and over 250 pounds, Corey Niece 6'4 over 220 pounds, Charley Stanley 6'4 250 pounds with a host of others that are coming up.
i agree LAmbert #1 the cougars do have some big players coming in for the ol and dl, but how will they react when being put into the game is going to be key.
i do agree 2
We got a 6'7" lineman???? He is gonna be a freshmen???
wow sounds to me they are actually working in the weight room.
Hilbily Wrote:Yeah the 1996 Whitesburg team. I have to say they were amazing to watch.

1995 WAS THE BEST :1:
Hilbily,
the 6'7 was supposed to be 6'5 and I was talking about the Stewart kid. Got carried away typing and put 6'7 but it would be nice to have a 6'7 kid that could play, but Stewart may hit that 6'7 before he's finished growing. Basically what I am saying is that he size and strength is there but it does have to be developed into something special, but at least we have the groundwork in place to do that.
Hey Lambert#1, I think we are getting a transfer from a kid in Rockcastel Co. He is a eighth grader this year, but will be a freshman next year. He has to finish middle school at Jenkins according to his mother who talked to me at the Wal-Mart. He will enroll in LCC after middle school graduation.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Hey Lambert#1, I think we are getting a transfer from a kid in Rockcastel Co. He is a eighth grader this year, but will be a freshman next year. He has to finish middle school at Jenkins according to his mother who talked to me at the Wal-Mart. He will enroll in LCC after middle school graduation.

:Clap:
Lambert, do you happen to know if all these kids you mentioned should be starters or not?
I think Perry beats them again this year.
Lean&Mean,
Don't know if they SHOULD be starters or not. I guess it all will depend on their work ethic for Coach Howard in the Spring and Summer. I know they all can play and are outstanding athletes, guess it's all up to the kids to work their butts of and earn a starting position.
Lambert, should have phrased my question a little bett....What I meant was if those kids work hard, lift etc,. do they have the ability to step in and play immediately
I think your talking B-Ball Aslan!! This is the football forum. LCC will roll them by a couple TD's.
I think we are set for the next three year, and I think the cougars will be a force in class 5a. We just have to get them in the weight room, and lifting.
questions about the pound clubs? 1000,1200, etc. was listed but there is one more club. the 1800 pound club and that belongs to one person, his name is Justin Garrett. he is incredibly strong and i heard he was starting to trim down and shaved quite a bit from his forty time. Another great sophomore is Dakota Cornett. These two kids are gonna be a dominant force for LCC the next two years
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16