Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
That to me wouldn't make any sense.
cougarpride08 Wrote:That to me wouldn't make any sense.

That's what I am saying. I remember Coach Matney trying to get Coach Howard to play via the Football list serv and then LCC ends up playing Moore and supposedly paying them a fairly large amount of money.
What would it benefit LCC to pay them and then drive all the way to Louisville?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What would it benefit LCC to pay them and then drive all the way to Louisville?

An easy win perhaps? I would love to see Johnson Central and Letcher Central play each other yearly. I think it would end up being a great mountain rivalry with two good teams and two outstanding fan bases.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What would it benefit LCC to pay them and then drive all the way to Louisville?
That is my point.
Don Carlo Wrote:An easy win perhaps? I would love to see Johnson Central and Letcher Central play each other yearly. I think it would end up being a great mountain rivalry with two good teams and two outstanding fan bases.

I agree. Letcher Central is playing tough competition but its tough competition in lower classes (Hazard, Middlesboro, etc.) They would gain a lot more respect by at least playing 4 or 5A schools out of district. In a non district game, what do you have to lose?
I would see it to lcc&jc
Is distance to 4A or 5A schools a problem in this area? Im talking about the type schools who are on par with Hazard Middlesboro etc
58fan Wrote:Is distance to 4A or 5A schools a problem in this area? Im talking about the type schools who are on par with Hazard Middlesboro etc

I think it is especially when you are trying to find tougher non district games.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Yes, schools do offer to pay for teams to play whether it is home or away. Scott Co. offers teams $7,000 a year to travel to their place to play them. I just know that one of the coaches on Moore's staff (Gary Satori) told me that they are getting paid $6,000-$8,000 to play LCC. Moore is not worth the trip to Louisville. They usually start out with 35 players and lose down to about 20 by the end of the season due to eligibility issues. It just doesn't make sense that LCC would travel that far and

I finally got to speak to the AD today about this. He stated it was absolutely not true. That they are not paying Moore to play them. He showed me the contract and it is a two year home and home contract for which Moore will travel to Letcher Central next year. There is nothing in the contract stating they are giving Moore any money to play them. For the reason why they are playing Moore, you need to talk with Coach Howard.
Thanks for clearing that up.
My old teammate Hillard Howard (soph when I a Sr) is a winner & he will have them right back at the top or trying for it! He's possibly the best coach in the state or very near it!
Why was one of the starting guards seen at long johns and running around town yesterday while everyone else was practicing
Please do not post things like that on here. Coach Howard takes row call, and if someone misses, he will find out why. Some players may had to be somewhere other than practice, and coach knows about it.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Please do not post things like that on here. Coach Howard takes row call, and if someone misses, he will find out why. Some players may had to be somewhere other than practice, and coach knows about it.

You don't have any idea what goes on at that place other than idle gossip that you pick up at wal-mart. :flush:
Hows the coaching staff doing? Since they have several new coaches, I herd they are doing a great job.
I hear Whitaker and the new guys run a tough practice and that things are looking good.
Is what lean and mean posted not the truth? Legitimate question I think.........It may or may not be a problem, who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they are in good condition. All them tough hot practices are going to make it rough on the opponent. It may be hotter at someone else's practice facility so you have to turn the heat up at yours. I am chomping at the bit to get this season underway. I can't beleive its almost here. To all you brother's who kept this thread hot i give you a telepathic headbutt. The COUGARS are gonna make them bleed this year. We got some vengance to redeem. We are going to punish every team that comes our way. They better be ready when they line up on that ball! We are going to eat them. Lets get this thread poppin off again!!!!!!!:thatsfunn
gUrU Wrote:You don't have any idea what goes on at that place other than idle gossip that you pick up at wal-mart. :flush:

I work at the wal mart, and I do know what goes on down there. I talk to players, and coaches just about ever other day. Watch what you say about these kids.
Who said anything about any kid in particular? You talk, I watch, and he dont take row every day, that is what you do in a **** boat. It is roll
Hilbily the lineman were knocking the crap out of each other yesterday. Best day of hitting yet. The O line they had out there was huge.......LT 6'5" 347 lbs, RG 6'3" 320, C 6'2" 253, RG 5'11" 318, RT 6'3 275. All very strong and quick
That rocks. Sounds like they got some hawgs in the gut. I hope they are the real mean ones! Are they the kind that can play on both sides of the ball? Would those kinda heavy dudes be willing to pick up some little backs and tombstone them? I heard they had one that you couldn't fit his head in a five gallon bucket! Then they had another one they called GOBBLERHEAD!!!!
Lets get on :rockon:
Lets get IT on :rockon:
I understand letcher playing quality teams in other classes and its good for them. I also understand someone said play more 4 or 5a teams but its best you dont play any 5a teams because its possible you could play them in the playoffs and i really do not want to play a team i have already played and them know our offense real well.
Every lineman they got is down right get in your face bite your nose off blanking mean. All are capable of going both sides. Don't know how many will, probably a couple. They are huge though and really strong
58fan Wrote:Hilbily the lineman were knocking the crap out of each other yesterday. Best day of hitting yet. The O line they had out there was huge.......LT 6'5" 347 lbs, RG 6'3" 320, C 6'2" 253, RG 5'11" 318, RT 6'3 275. All very strong and quick

Who's playing center that is 6'2"?
Blair kid, growed a lot over the summer he did.............Doing a real good job he is
cougarpride08 Wrote:I work at the wal mart, and I do know what goes on down there. I talk to players, and coaches just about ever other day. Watch what you say about these kids.

I haven't said anything about the kids. Just you---you just get on here and say a lot of stupid stuff that is not fact but just gossip going around. We've seen you sneaking around the field house with your cellphone taking pictures and putting them on this site without permission, creepy!! Go to Jenkins and hangout, become their stalker.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16