Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I agree this will be the best line we have had here period.
lean&mean Wrote:Why would Griffin be joking? I know they have not played yet but I think potential wise they are the best I have seen at LCC yet as a unit. They are stronger and faster overall as any line I have seen there

I guess we will see, but you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves:eyeroll:
Brooks, I think the key word you may have missed in Lean and means statement was POTENTIAL. You being an ex player I would hope you would be more positive..........
Potential is the key word in my post........This is the time of year when every team and every fan should be excited and hoping their team is going to be the best. I know I am itching waiting on the cougars and hoping that they will be as good as anyone else in the mountains.................
My $185 hopes potential becomes reality. Rooting for the lineman.
As a former player, 58fan, I know what it takes to be a great offensive line. I know the work and dedication and effort that you have to give to be a strong unit. And I hope that all five linemen make the all state team but it's not going to happen. You see, actually playing the game makes you a little bit more realistic about those things and I just haven't seen what it takes in this group yet.
They will do fine, but I don't know about all state.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They will do fine, but I don't know about all state.

I said it wouldn't happen.....I was using a little sarcasm to make a point
Sarcasm is fine when used in the proper context. All along it was stated that potentially they could be the finest. At this time of year every one should be on the band wagon and let parents and fans believe they have the best. Kids read these posts and when people put on here negative things it hurts.
brooks4prez Wrote:you're joking right?

no. They well be that good
Coach Whitaker has brought another top notch coach with him he will be here on thursday, his name is Coach Perkins he will coach the linebackers. He coached in Clark County (6A) school for 6or7 years and with Whitaker for 1 in Powell. They say he is a intense coach that has coached against alot of the top 6a schools also think he is a state trooper, it just keeps getting better at LCC good luck coach Perkins and to the rest of the staff I know that Clark County hated to lose him.
They are going to have to build an apartment complex for all the new coaches.
i agree with u orangeandblue lol
I am stoked but will hold my tounge until all these guys are on the sidelines for the first game. I am glad they atleast added some defensive bulk if this is true.
Question about LCC scheduling Moore out of Louisville. Is it true they are paying them $6,000-$8,000 to travel to LCC and play? If so, why?
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Question about LCC scheduling Moore out of Louisville. Is it true they are paying them $6,000-$8,000 to travel to LCC and play? If so, why?

That game is at Moore.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with Letcher County Central directly but a little trivia with Letcher County ties. New USC trojan's offensive coordinator John Morton has extensive ties to Letcher County. He spent many summers in Whitesburg as both sets of grandparents lived there. His parents are both graduates of Whitesburg High School. Coach Morton's grandfather, Coy Morton, was a star player on an undefeated Whitesburg High School Football in the thirties. He has several aunts and uncles as well as numerous cousins throughout Letcher County. It is great to have close ties with someone who is coaching a BCS championship contender under Pete Carroll.
I wa wondering when someone was going to acknowledge this. Pretty cool, huh.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree this will be the best line we have had here period.

YOU have got to be joking.......if they don't get a line coach in here they won't even have a line to speak of.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That game is at Moore.
So, are they paying Moore $6,000-$8,000 to travel to Moore to play?
I seriously doubt any of this holds water?
I thought the game was at Moore.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:So, are they paying Moore $6,000-$8,000 to travel to Moore to play?

Sounds like you have been misinformed. Nobody pays someone to go to their place and play. If anything, Moore may be reimbursing LCC for travel expenses to come there
The game is at Moore. Don't know how much we are getting for going down there, but the school is small. What class is Moore?
Moore wont even be a game for LCC, just a long ride on the bus.
They are small for Louisville standards and smaller than Letcher Central but they still have an enrollment of around 750 students.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Sounds like you have been misinformed. Nobody pays someone to go to their place and play. If anything, Moore may be reimbursing LCC for travel expenses to come there

Yes, schools do offer to pay for teams to play whether it is home or away. Scott Co. offers teams $7,000 a year to travel to their place to play them. I just know that one of the coaches on Moore's staff (Gary Satori) told me that they are getting paid $6,000-$8,000 to play LCC. Moore is not worth the trip to Louisville. They usually start out with 35 players and lose down to about 20 by the end of the season due to eligibility issues. It just doesn't make sense that LCC would travel that far and
We are paying them?
cougarpride08 Wrote:We are paying them?

That's what I was told.
I will ask the AD tomorrow to see if this is true.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I will ask the AD tomorrow to see if this is true.
Make sure Ozz knows that Moore High School has put this out there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16