Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
51.35%
Corbin
48.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pikeville vs Corbin 2024
(08-18-2024, 10:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 10:18 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Where should I eat before this one

If I can make it I'm wanting to try Wrigley. If I'm in a hurry it will be Sonny's BBQ. Wish we had a Sonny's in Pikeville, it would dominate.

Sonny's is mediocre at best. Smokey Bear is better if you're eating BBQ in Corbin.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Old School 18, TD Hounds
(08-18-2024, 10:30 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

If I can make it I'm wanting to try Wrigley. If I'm in a hurry it will be Sonny's BBQ. Wish we had a Sonny's in Pikeville, it would dominate.
Sonny’s is a good backup LOL.

JonEvanJack's   off exit 29 has delicious burgers, pizza and wings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds

Buy some of my sauce when you come lol
(08-18-2024, 11:34 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

From several Pikeville fans, great reviews of Wrigley.

The Chef and Owner of Wrigley is from The Burg Smile
(08-19-2024, 05:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
According to what your palate desires, there’s Si Senor (Mexican) up the road back toward the high school that’s very good…The Depot and Austin City are a decent walk from the stadium but they have good food…I recommend Smokey Bears (Sonny’s isn’t anywhere close to being as good imo) but they don’t serve beverages that inhibits your strong moral character…Also Old Town Grill has good food but you will probably be waiting till long after the game to be served…Yamatos Japanese Steakhouse is alright and there’s another Mexican restaurant Mi Casa next to it that’s good…There’s an array of fast food around from Taco Bell, Hardee’s, Arby’s, Burger King Etc….If you want to get farther away out toward the interstate there’s an Applebees and a Brooklyn Brothers pizza that’s good (Brooklyn Brothers not a fan of Applebees no matter where they’re located) Hope this helps if you have anything else I can help with don’t hesitate to ask, hope all the Pikeville faithful enjoy our little town glad to have you all…
Visiting Imer at Si Senor is a good choice. Applebee's sucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
Though a lot about this one and I think Pikeville is making a statement I. This game. Pikeville by a score…
(08-19-2024, 02:52 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: To be honest, Corbin has a whole lot of kids I know nothing about.
They could very easily handle Pikeville, but I know more about Pikeville than I do Corbin. And Pikeville is good. Really good.

I’m gonna go Pikeville 28-21 but I’ll say if Corbin wins this game I won’t be surprised. Especially at Corbin. If Corbin wins and they win by 2TD+, I’ll not pick against them again this year until the Boyle game.
Answers like this kill me. Pick one team that comes out on top. Seems like your I told ya so guy but also if they don’t win you can say well I also said this and this bout the other team.
(08-21-2024, 12:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 12:02 AM)infinitypanther Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 06:20 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: No way Pikeville Holds Corbin to only 13. Im hearing offense won’t be a problem and better than last year. It’s defense that is the concern, I see Corbin actually playing players both ways this year. You can’t have your best athletes standing on the sideline for half the game like in years past.
They’d be lucky to get 13. If your interested I would love to inform you about the young men with the numbers 35,44,and 22.

Smile 3 more days and this is what its fixing to look like.  
(08-21-2024, 06:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Sonny's is mediocre at best. Smokey Bear is better if you're eating BBQ in Corbin.
How have you been stranger?  I’ve been preaching this for years to people Dougie, Smokey Bears is the best bbq around yet people keep wasting their money on Sonny’s….And I’ve yet to eat an entire serving from Smokey’s bears without being miserably stuffed…How your doing well buddy…
Man, I'd love to be there watching my Panthers in this game, but plan drive up to the Pike Co. Bowl next Saturday for the Pikeville/JC game. Good luck to both teams for a safe game at Corbin, but bring home the win Panthers!
I was told today Meadors and the DE from WV aren’t eligible yet. Have to think this would be a big blow if they can’t play.
(08-21-2024, 08:51 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: I was told today Meadors and the DE from WV aren’t eligible yet. Have to think this would be a big blow if they can’t play.

Putty Tats better hope!
(08-21-2024, 10:43 PM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 08:51 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: I was told today Meadors and the DE from WV aren’t eligible yet. Have to think this would be a big blow if they can’t play.

Putty Tats better hope!

Please. I hope they play.
(08-21-2024, 06:47 PM)TeflonDon Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 02:52 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: To be honest, Corbin has a whole lot of kids I know nothing about.
They could very easily handle Pikeville, but I know more about Pikeville than I do Corbin. And Pikeville is good. Really good.

I’m gonna go Pikeville 28-21 but I’ll say if Corbin wins this game I won’t be surprised. Especially at Corbin. If Corbin wins and they win by 2TD+, I’ll not pick against them again this year until the Boyle game.
Answers like this kill me. Pick one team that comes out on top. Seems like your I told ya so guy but also if they don’t win you can say well I also said this and this bout the other team.

I clearly picked Pikeville 28-21.
if you’d like, you can make sure you come back and start a thread about how I was wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot, pjdoug
(08-21-2024, 06:47 PM)TeflonDon Wrote:

Your Teflon panties are what's killing you. Relax
(08-21-2024, 07:10 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 06:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

How have you been stranger?  I’ve been preaching this for years to people Dougie, Smokey Bears is the best bbq around yet people keep wasting their money on Sonny’s….And I’ve yet to eat an entire serving from Smokey’s bears without being miserably stuffed…How your doing well buddy…
I'm doing pretty good my friend and hope you are too. My barbecue is pretty good. Ace Hardware in Corbin has my sauce if you'll help me spread the word Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
I’ll buy a bottle tomorrow
Any livestream for this game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42
Someone surely has a livestream link for the game ? I know that Corbin is streaming and that Mountain Top Sports was gonna try and stream it as well if given permission by Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Have heard the Corbin station may have it for PPV.

Mountain Top tried, but was not permitted to stream so I am almost certain it will be streamed locally.
[-] The following 2 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
(08-22-2024, 09:25 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Have heard the Corbin station may have it for PPV.

Mountain Top tried, but was not permitted to stream so I am almost certain it will be streamed locally.

Are you talking about T107.3 Station?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Panther Thunder
(08-22-2024, 09:25 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Have heard the Corbin station may have it for PPV.

Thanks PT.
It's hard to believe that we're all sitting here on the Eve of the Kickoff of the Kentucky HighSchool Football Season with a Ranked Top 20 Match up between Pikeville and Corbin and the Corbin Representatives of their Bowl game don't have a Live Stream Setup ? My goodness it's 2024 get with the times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(08-22-2024, 10:53 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: It's hard to believe that we're all sitting here on the Eve of the Kickoff of the Kentucky HighSchool Football Season with a Ranked Top 20 Match up between Pikeville and Corbin and the Corbin Representatives of their Bowl game don't have a Live Stream Setup ? My goodness it's 2024 get with the times.
To many hands in the cookie jar!!
[-] The following 4 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, jetpilot, Patriot1
Thank God for the Pikeville radio crew!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-22-2024, 10:59 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 10:53 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: It's hard to believe that we're all sitting here on the Eve of the Kickoff of the Kentucky HighSchool Football Season with a Ranked Top 20 Match up between Pikeville and Corbin and the Corbin Representatives of their Bowl game don't have a Live Stream Setup ? My goodness it's 2024 get with the times.
That’s what it’s all about and Corbin isn’t the only one. That’s one good thing about Pikeville all their home games are on mountain top sports free
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, jetpilot
Corbin 27-20
(08-22-2024, 11:04 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 10:59 PM)64SUR Wrote:
That’s what it’s all about and Corbin isn’t the only one. That’s one good thing about Pikeville all their home games are on mountain top sports free

Yes and another cool thing about Pikeville home games is a local business has paid for all students to get into the games free for several years now.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear, Patriot1
If the two young Mountaineers don't play, I might have to revise my prediction by a few points. Could be closer that I originally thought if they are ineligible for this one.
(08-22-2024, 11:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the two young Mountaineers don't play, I might have to revise my prediction by a few points. Could be closer that I originally thought if they are ineligible for this one.

Corbin will be very lucky to win with or without them. Pikeville has several players better than them on both sides of the ball. I hope they play, but might be better to sit them. If they have Brenden Anthony's cleat marks on their helmets in their first game, they may move back home to WV before dawn Saturday morning.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next