Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
51.35%
Corbin
48.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pikeville vs Corbin 2024
(08-18-2024, 10:00 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 08:47 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Pikeville keeps it respectable, but Corbin proves to be too much in the second half.

Pulling for the Panthers, but I think the Hounds win, 35-20.

Dang BA, since when is "keeps it respectable" even in the Pikeville vocabulary lol. Your lack of faith disappoints me, but on the bright side Pikeville +15 means you can be my new bookie
I'm sorry...

I just look at this game much like last seasons LCA game is all.
Where should I eat before this one
(08-18-2024, 10:15 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 10:00 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 08:47 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Pikeville keeps it respectable, but Corbin proves to be too much in the second half.

Pulling for the Panthers, but I think the Hounds win, 35-20.

Dang BA, since when is "keeps it respectable" even in the Pikeville vocabulary lol. Your lack of faith disappoints me, but on the bright side Pikeville +15 means you can be my new bookie
I'm sorry...

I just look at this game much like last seasons LCA game is all.
So you're a year behind okay. Boley and Hardge turned down Corbin NIL and signed with UK. All world Hensley D-1 Eastern and plenty more
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(08-18-2024, 10:18 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Where should I eat before this one

If I can make it I'm wanting to try Wrigley. If I'm in a hurry it will be Sonny's BBQ. Wish we had a Sonny's in Pikeville, it would dominate.
(08-18-2024, 10:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

If I can make it I'm wanting to try Wrigley. If I'm in a hurry it will be Sonny's BBQ. Wish we had a Sonny's in Pikeville, it would dominate.
Sonny’s is a good backup LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rainmaker33's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-18-2024, 10:30 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

Sonny’s is a good backup LOL.
Absolutely haha
Interested in seeing how Pikeville can stack up on the road against one of the top 4A schools in the state. I don't know if Pikeville will win but I expect a battle.

This game is pretty cool because regardless of the outcome of these regular season games the season ends for the Panthers playing Class A competition and we all know how that's gonna very likely play out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot

From several Pikeville fans, great reviews of Wrigley.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-18-2024, 11:34 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

From several Pikeville fans, great reviews of Wrigley.

Thanks a bunch PT.
28-14 Corbin. Kade Elam puts on a show
This one’s a toss up for me but Corbin should win. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pikeville pulls out the W either. Pikeville just keeping it close though tells me everyone else on their schedule better watch out.
To be honest, Corbin has a whole lot of kids I know nothing about.
They could very easily handle Pikeville, but I know more about Pikeville than I do Corbin. And Pikeville is good. Really good.

I’m gonna go Pikeville 28-21 but I’ll say if Corbin wins this game I won’t be surprised. Especially at Corbin. If Corbin wins and they win by 2TD+, I’ll not pick against them again this year until the Boyle game.
According to what your palate desires, there’s Si Senor (Mexican) up the road back toward the high school that’s very good…The Depot and Austin City are a decent walk from the stadium but they have good food…I recommend Smokey Bears (Sonny’s isn’t anywhere close to being as good imo) but they don’t serve beverages that inhibits your strong moral character…Also Old Town Grill has good food but you will probably be waiting till long after the game to be served…Yamatos Japanese Steakhouse is alright and there’s another Mexican restaurant Mi Casa next to it that’s good…There’s an array of fast food around from Taco Bell, Hardee’s, Arby’s, Burger King Etc….If you want to get farther away out toward the interstate there’s an Applebees and a Brooklyn Brothers pizza that’s good (Brooklyn Brothers not a fan of Applebees no matter where they’re located) Hope this helps if you have anything else I can help with don’t hesitate to ask, hope all the Pikeville faithful enjoy our little town glad to have you all…
(08-19-2024, 05:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
According to what your palate desires, there’s Si Senor (Mexican) up the road back toward the high school that’s very good…The Depot and Austin City are a decent walk from the stadium but they have good food…I recommend Smokey Bears (Sonny’s isn’t anywhere close to being as good imo) but they don’t serve beverages that inhibits your strong moral character…Also Old Town Grill has good food but you will probably be waiting till long after the game to be served…Yamatos Japanese Steakhouse is alright and there’s another Mexican restaurant Mi Casa next to it that’s good…There’s an array of fast food around from Taco Bell, Hardee’s, Arby’s, Burger King Etc….If you want to get farther away out toward the interstate there’s an Applebees and a Brooklyn Brothers pizza that’s good (Brooklyn Brothers not a fan of Applebees no matter where they’re located) Hope this helps if you have anything else I can help with don’t hesitate to ask, hope all the Pikeville faithful enjoy our little town glad to have you all…
Excited to see the stadium- haven’t since it’s been renovated
(08-19-2024, 10:33 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

Its nice....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
So is that Corbin M.o they have get players from out of town and state due to bare cupboard if only it ever worked fo them and I don't think it stops Pikeville

24-10
(08-20-2024, 06:01 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: So is that Corbin M.o they have get players from out of town and state due to bare cupboard if only it ever worked fo them and I don't think it stops Pikeville

24-10
If Pikeville holds Corbin to 10 points, I’ll eat a whole jar of peanut butter lol. I may add a little syrup though.
It’s very nice, I only have one complaint and it’s not hard to notice it sticks out among like a wart on the nose…
 its really nice and has a great game day atmosphere. the kids football field at the end of the field is fun to watch the kids have a great time. it still has another phase after this season that they will tear down the visitor side stands. I think from what I have heard it will add a visitor locker room that will make life a ton easier for the visitor teams and a new press box that will help with managing the audio/ visual aspects of the game with a student lead program that is trained to run the scoreboard etc.

I thought about it this morning to warn those traveling southbound that exit 29 is a construction nightmare some days when you want to turn left towards Campbell Field so you may do better either jumping off exit 38 (which is under construction also) and taking US-25 south to Corbin or go down to exit 25 (also under construction) and go thru downtown. lets just say there is a ton of road work when you get around Corbin currently that might back up with the amount of people I expect to come watch these games.
(07-20-2024, 06:20 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: No way Pikeville Holds Corbin to only 13. Im hearing offense won’t be a problem and better than last year. It’s defense that is the concern, I see Corbin actually playing players both ways this year. You can’t have your best athletes standing on the sideline for half the game like in years past.
They’d be lucky to get 13. If your interested I would love to inform you about the young men with the numbers 35,44,and 22.
(08-21-2024, 12:02 AM)infinitypanther Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 06:20 PM)Red Deuces Wrote: No way Pikeville Holds Corbin to only 13. Im hearing offense won’t be a problem and better than last year. It’s defense that is the concern, I see Corbin actually playing players both ways this year. You can’t have your best athletes standing on the sideline for half the game like in years past.
They’d be lucky to get 13. If your interested I would love to inform you about the young men with the numbers 35,44,and 22.

Smile 3 more days and this is what its fixing to look like.  

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vLyKyoJm5g]
For those silly people that are actually voting that Pikeville will come to Corbin and win in the Pigskin, I will send each of you Jimmy the Freaks $5 if that happens and you can send me an apology when it doesn't.

I'm astonished that so many would exercise such poor HS football judgement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Old School 18
If Corbin beat GRC as bad as some people said on here. Then they should be 14 point favorites easily. as much as i respect pikeville's recent success i just really feel they are biting off more than they can chew with corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School 18's post:
  • TeflonDon
(08-21-2024, 01:24 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: If Corbin beat GRC as bad as some people said on here. Then they should be 14 point favorites easily. as much as i respect pikeville's recent success i just really feel they are biting off more than they can chew with corbin.

Corbin 35-20 or 35-21. If Pikeville gets some breaks or forces some TOs , it might be a 7 or 8 point game. If Corbin gets those breaks or forces those Panther TOs, then it could be a 3+ TD game.  The Panthers aren't coming to the $13 million Dave Cox Super Sports Complex on the banks of Lynn Camp Creek and beating the Hounds in the Pigskin in Luke Salmons' inaugural game. It's laughable to think otherwise. Pikeville is a nice little school with a nice 1A program,  but  as my friend , Hoot Gibson, would say, "They ain't feeding with the Big Dogs on this night ."  Hounds by 14 or 15.
  • Old School 18
Not as far fetched as you might think OSH. Much respect to Corbin. I think they have another fabulous team but Pikeville has an edge at RB. Anthony is just better than any back Corbin can put out there and they have a few more to go with him. QB is a push. I’ll give Corbin an advantage in the skill positions because I think they have more options and are deeper there but it’s not a chasm. I don’t think either offensive line is a juggernaut but advantage to Corbin. Defensive line slight advantage to the Hounds but again, you’ll be surprised. Pikeville LB crew all day over Corbin’s. One of the best groups in the state regardless of class and I mean that. Secondary push and I don’t wanna hear about offers kids have. Watch the tape. It will come down to if Pikeville can run the ball effectively and slow down the passing attack of Corbin. I don’t think Corbin will be able to consistently run it but I think Pikeville can string enough offense together to sneak out of there with a win. I picked Corbin but I can definitely see Pikeville winning that game. It should be Corbin’s 2nd toughest regular season game but as you said there is a world where if Pikeville plays poorly and has turnovers, I can see a lopsided Corbin victory. You seem very confident and I don’t know that this game is a foregone conclusion. Someone will earn it.
Lets look at some possibilities here. Corbin has just went through a coaching change. Lots of new faces on that sideline for Corbin. One position and maybe the most important is the play caller. That for now has stayed the same. So as far as what I have seen in the past, if it stays the same, might be hard to stop for a team that can't defend the RPO. Now lots of questions for me before I can just say yes, they are going to do this or that. I have to see with my eyes the defensive sets and whats actually going on in the game and when the game gets tight the defensive adjustments that are being made. I am real familiar with how Corbin operated in the past 4 or 5 years before the coaching change. So I was able to make really good predictions based on that. Now for Pikeville, they will have a advantage in this area because they have maintained coaches for a time and should be fine in those departments. As any team, you have to have athletes to run your schemes to perfection. Corbin lost a ton. I mean a ton. Now I don't keep up with the details of Pikeville like I do Corbin but I do know that Pikeville will miss any Senior that graduated because all of them are missed from year to year and it takes a while to get the replacements to speed. Just the way it is. All this could spell for a close game. Its the first game of the year. So mistakes are going to be the biggest factor for both teams. Who is better prepared and doesn't make the costly penalties. I think both teams have good offenses and enough pieces on the defenses to make a tuff game. Corbin has to defend the pass in this game as well. But they better really make hay when it comes to stopping the run. I do know Anthony is the real deal. Id like to have 11 of him. But he is looking to run over anyone that gets in his way. Pikeville also is not out of the woods either defensively. Corbin should spread them out and Corbin has a couple of guys who can flat out score when they touch the ball. Estep is elusive. Fast. You can't describe it until you see him in person. In the biggest game of the year last year for Corbin, Estep looked like he was elite runner as he was able to make big gains in a defensive war. So with Corbins ability to Run, Pass and then the experience of Kade Elam, Pikeville as well better be ready defensively. I'll go ahead and say it now. Pikeville will not see another QB the rest of the way like Elam. Elam is the best QB in 4A and I will put him up there in the top 3-5 easy in the state. He is that good. Now having said all that. Turnovers, Flags, and play calling, defensive sets will be the difference in this game. Who adjust and who doesn't adjust. I know nothing about the new position coaches at Corbin and don't know what Salmons will do under pressure. One thing for sure, its going to be fun to get the season started.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Boomer, Granny Bear
Give me Pikeville. Corbin should win by 2 scores but there's been a lot of change in a year. New Coach, lost a level of talent they hadn't had in a long time and and their message board fans annoy me worse than Pikeville's. So here's to hoping little ole 1a pikeville gives a warm welcoming to new Coach Salmons and the Redhounds in Redhound Town.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-21-2024, 11:24 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Give me Pikeville. Corbin should win by 2 scores but there's been a lot of change in a year. New Coach, lost a level of talent they hadn't had in a long time and and their message board fans annoy me worse than Pikeville's. So here's to hoping little ole 1a pikeville gives a warm welcoming to new Coach Salmons and the Redhounds in Redhound Town.

Probably the most honest post you will ever read. I like it.

What do you like to eat?
(08-21-2024, 08:52 AM)Belichick Wrote: Not as far fetched as you might think OSH. Much respect to Corbin. I think they have another fabulous team but Pikeville has an edge at RB.  Anthony is just better than any back Corbin can put out there and they have a few more to go with him. QB is a push. I’ll give Corbin an advantage in the skill positions because I think they have more options and are deeper there but it’s not a chasm. I don’t think either offensive line is a juggernaut but advantage to Corbin. Defensive line slight advantage to the Hounds but again, you’ll be surprised. Pikeville LB crew all day over Corbin’s. One of the best groups in the state regardless of class and I mean that. Secondary push and I don’t wanna hear about offers kids have. Watch the tape. It will come down to if Pikeville can run the ball effectively and slow down the passing attack of Corbin. I don’t think Corbin will be able to consistently run it but I think Pikeville can string enough offense together to sneak out of there with a win. I picked Corbin but I can definitely see Pikeville winning that game. It should be Corbin’s 2nd toughest regular season game but as you said there is a world where if Pikeville plays poorly and has turnovers, I can see a lopsided Corbin victory. You seem very confident and I don’t know that this game is a foregone conclusion. Someone will earn it.

I was being slightly facetious, Beli. I have great respect for Pikeville. If Corbin is not on top of their game, Pikeville can leave with an upset win. I could see this game being very close either way or a decisive Corbin win. I am a bit surprised at the number of people who are picking Pikeville to go into Corbin and win. Corbin is one of the toughest places to go into and come out with a victory.  Pikeville has done it twice before and they are capable of doing it again. I still say Corbin by 14 or 15.
  • Belichick
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next