Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 6 Frederick Douglass 0
(09-16-2023, 01:03 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:57 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin has got to do something to get the offense rolling. They just don’t have that star player on offense that can lead them to victory over Boyle at this point IMO, and that defense is too notch, but Boyle will score some points.
If I had to guess. I would say a rematch between these two would be the exact opposite of last year. A very low scoring game. I mean we just allowed the same amount of points as Hoban did with FD. I know we aren’t even close to their caliber. But boyle won’t be lighting it up on us this year. But we won’t be on them either.

Good post...
(09-16-2023, 12:39 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Was FDs starting qb really out?
And does Corbin play at FD next year?

Yes, I believe it is a two-year deal home and home.
(09-16-2023, 12:57 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin has got to do something to get the offense rolling. They just don’t have that star player on offense that can lead them to victory over Boyle at this point IMO, and that defense is too notch, but Boyle will score some points.
If I had to guess. I would say a rematch between these two would be the exact opposite of last year. A very low scoring game. I mean we just allowed the same amount of points as Hoban did with FD. I know we aren’t even close to their caliber. But boyle won’t be lighting it up on us this year. But we won’t be on them either.
As Bull said I think you’re spot on to a point and I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here but the difference is coaching acumen.  I’ll do some comparing here, remember the Pitino glory days at UK?  If he had a week to prepare for a team he was all but unbeatable… Haddix has Corbin circled in that play book of his just like he did Boyle when he was at Corbin…given enough time and game film he’s gonna be damn hard to beat….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Jack Lambert
Congrats again to Corbin. After going back and rewatching the game, really the difference in the game that was very even (imo) was the shanked punt at the end of 2nd quarter, giving Hounds the ball on a short field, which they cashed in a touchdown that was the turning point.

This is bad for RPI, but we will have outstanding film to look at. Defense has nothing to hang their heads on. The offense is still a good way behind the defense. I think it is because of several factors: 1) A sophomore QB who has not played varsity until a month ago. 2) The same thing for the running-backs they are a sophomore and a junior who only played in mop up duty last season. 3) The backs are inexperienced and unlike in the past Douglass always had 1 or 2 backs that could break one at any time and they also had a big back who you could count on to pick up a yard or two when needed.

Put praise goes to the Corbin defense they had a lot to do with the Douglass offensive as well. Douglass moved the ball fairly well from the 20 to 20-yard lines, but Corbin really turned up the defense inside the 20. The Redhounds offense made enough plays to get the win. Looking forward to seeing the Redhounds come up to "The Farm" next September.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-16-2023, 04:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Good post...

Douglass starting QB.was out. I'm sure he would have hit some of the open receivers running loose. If he was playing I guarantee the score would've been different. But he didn't so good win Corbin
Douglas is gonna be a powerhouse the next 2 years with all those young guys.

One thing I think everyone can agree on..... it will be a damn shame if the rpi doesn't work out and corbin and Boyle meet before the championship. That's the championship game we all want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-16-2023, 07:47 PM)HOFER Wrote: Douglas is gonna be a powerhouse the next 2 years with all those young guys.

One thing I think everyone can agree on..... it will be a damn shame if the rpi doesn't work out and corbin and Boyle meet before the championship.  That's the championship game we all want.
No, everybody doesn't agree on that, there are actually many members who think it will be a shame if both teams don't lose before the championship game. Many of us would like to see two teams that do not rely so heavily on transfers play in the Kentucky 4A championship game.
(09-16-2023, 07:54 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 07:47 PM)HOFER Wrote: Douglas is gonna be a powerhouse the next 2 years with all those young guys.

One thing I think everyone can agree on..... it will be a damn shame if the rpi doesn't work out and corbin and Boyle meet before the championship.  That's the championship game we all want.
No, everybody doesn't agree on that, there are actually many members who think it will be a shame if both teams don't lose before the championship game. Many of us would like to see two teams that do not rely so heavily on transfers play in the Kentucky 4A championship game.

Smile I had rather watch a good game instead of daddy ball....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42

All the ones that compete get transfers . This thread is full of unbelievable stupidity. I need to sign off before the dumbing down progress begins.
(09-16-2023, 09:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

All the ones that compete get transfers . This thread is full of unbelievable stupidity. I need to sign off before the dumbing down progress begins.

I don't know if there is a program who doesn't get a transfer who then is labled a "Recruit". Even the teams who don't win get transfers..... Smile
(09-16-2023, 09:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I don't know if there is a program who doesn't get a transfer who then is labled a "Recruit". Even the teams who don't win get transfers..... Smile
I would respond to the insult above, but I don't want too put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.
(09-16-2023, 09:21 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote:

I would respond but I don't want to put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.

As long as your post are on the right threads you are good ...... Smile
(09-16-2023, 09:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 07:54 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote: No, everybody doesn't agree on that, there are actually many members who think it will be a shame if both teams don't lose before the championship game. Many of us would like to see two teams that do not rely so heavily on transfers play in the Kentucky 4A championship game.

I would respond but I don't want to put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.

So, I take it that this is the right thread to call other members unbelievably stupid.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knuckleballer Nick's post:
  • Bull got out!

I would respond to the insult above, but I don't want too put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.

I don't really agree with your perspective there. I'm betting that the majority of BGR'ers, if they had their choice, would want to see a Corbin-Boyle rematch for the 4A title.
(09-16-2023, 09:26 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote: All the ones that compete get transfers . This thread is full of unbelievable stupidity. I need to sign off before the dumbing down progress begins.

So, I take it that this is the right thread to call other members unbelievably stupid.  Smile

I wouldnt actually direct post at each other but on the topic... Smile I throw jabs every now and again.....I also fix coffee lol...

That's for sure.
Wow, the hounds are for real
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • pjdoug
First time Douglass has been shut out since the first game of the school's existence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-16-2023, 09:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote: All the ones that compete get transfers . This thread is full of unbelievable stupidity. I need to sign off before the dumbing down progress begins.

I've heard that truth hurts, and if the shoe fits. wear it.
(09-16-2023, 12:06 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:26 PM)Hatz Wrote: Congrats to the Hounds. They serve notice they are as good or better than any team in KY

Simmer down there pal.  I’m glad Corbin won, but Frederick Douglass is consistently the most overrated team in the entire state. Year in and year out.    

Corbin would be lucky to go 1-3 against Male, X, Trinity and Manual.  Ballard, Cov Cath and a host of NKY schools also could beat them…….. And Haddix still has your number at Boyle Co. too.  Stay humble.
I agree with you 100% about Douglass being overrated.
(09-17-2023, 02:46 PM)yellowstone Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:06 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:26 PM)Hatz Wrote: Congrats to the Hounds. They serve notice they are as good or better than any team in KY

Simmer down there pal.  I’m glad Corbin won, but Frederick Douglass is consistently the most overrated team in the entire state. Year in and year out.    

Corbin would be lucky to go 1-3 against Male, X, Trinity and Manual.  Ballard, Cov Cath and a host of NKY schools also could beat them…….. And Haddix still has your number at Boyle Co. too.  Stay humble.
I agree with you 100% about Douglass being overrated.

Woah
So Corbin with two 4 star kids committed to Ky (The twins) another kid with a Ky offer (Petrowski) another kid that might be good enough to play for Ky (Curry) along with probably the best QB in the entire state should have enough to take down Boyle and finally after 40 plus years bring home another state title… Hate to put too much pressure on coach Greer, but it’s State Title or Bust for his Redhounds this year…..Plain and Simple ???
(09-17-2023, 03:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I don't know if there is a program who doesn't get a transfer who then is labled a "Recruit". Even the teams who don't win get transfers..... Smile

Somehow, Mr. Doug's personal attacks and off topic posts never seem to get removed. I wonder why that is?
[-] The following 3 users Like Lucas's post:
  • Glory_Days, Isaac Bell, Waitaminute
(09-17-2023, 06:11 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 03:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:21 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote: I would respond but I don't want to put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.

Somehow, Mr. Doug's personal attacks and off topic posts never seem to get removed. I wonder why that is?

Im not going to get technical myself over this site. I took some post off that was directed at kids... If its wrong then the Senior Admisnistrators can easily put them back viewable. I won't get mad because I probably was in the wrong for doing so. Freedom of speech is everyones right. I fully support it even if it pisses a man off. As for the comments towards one another, I myself make rabbit jabs at everyone because I try to talk to all the teams posters and make light of it. I think PJDoug doesn't mean anything by his post. Of course if you can't take a joke, then its the end of the world when he says something funny. He actually is one of the most liked posters on this site. I wonder why that is? Because its funny. He has done that for years. Now Lucas, there is not a poster hardly that post that probably doesn't take it off topic from time to time. What fun is it to be so serious. Take stuff so personal. Some need to lighten up and realize what we say on here is just talk and thats it. Sure some stuff is factual and can be taken way out of hand. But We all are on here because we like to talk and pick scores and make jabs at our Rivals. I know you don't make many jabs but thats your stance. I enjoy your post and commentary. But as far as policing what guys says, Im not going to do that. You all are grown men. But when a kid gets rabbit jabbed then I might say or do something. But honestly from this point on. I put threads on here and talk. I don't really care what anyone says, they are liable for there own comments. Thats one reason I get on here is to read the comments and see what others think about the scores. Just like Spud6 says on the bottom of his page, he will take care of all complaints and enjoys every poster on here. Westside and GrannyBear are the same way. They will help anyone. The best medicine is to ignore post you don't like instead of blowing up..  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • HOFER, nemo
I watched this game twice and I will say Corbin's defensive line is top notch. Their defensive backs were getting beat along but the Douglass quarterback couldn't hit a barn if it's 20 yards in front of him. Corbin's offense needs to find it's identity. Your defensive can only win so many games for you. You have to score more than 6 points to beat an explosive offense like Boyle. Can Boyle be beat YES they can just like any team in the state. Good luck Corbin and stay healthy. Hope your coaches figure out your offense
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!, HOFER
(09-17-2023, 07:39 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I watched this game twice and I will say Corbin's defensive line is top notch. Their defensive backs were getting beat along but the Douglass quarterback couldn't hit a barn if it's 20 yards in front of him. Corbin's offense needs to find it's identity. Your defensive can only win so many games for you. You have to score more than 6 points to beat an explosive offense like Boyle. Can Boyle be beat YES they can just like any team in the state. Good luck Corbin and stay healthy. Hope your coaches figure out your offense

I honestly think the Frederick Douglass defense was blitzing and applying so much pressure to Corbin that what little offense that was produced was just a bonus. I honestly couldn't believe that Corbin was able to get some short runs for gains against FD. Just a defensive battle all the way. But man, what a game. Game of inches...either team could have won that one. Smile
  • 16BBall Fan
(09-17-2023, 07:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 07:39 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I watched this game twice and I will say Corbin's defensive line is top notch. Their defensive backs were getting beat along but the Douglass quarterback couldn't hit a barn if it's 20 yards in front of him. Corbin's offense needs to find it's identity. Your defensive can only win so many games for you. You have to score more than 6 points to beat an explosive offense like Boyle. Can Boyle be beat YES they can just like any team in the state. Good luck Corbin and stay healthy. Hope your coaches figure out your offense

I honestly think the Frederick Douglass defense was blitzing and applying so much pressure to Corbin that what little offense that was produced was just a bonus. I honestly couldn't believe that Corbin was able to get some short runs for gains against FD. Just a defensive battle all the way. But man, what a game. Game of inches...either team could have won that one. Smile

I agree could've went either way.  Good luck to you all the rest of the season and hope the RPI works out
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!

Bull, what did you think of the play calling for Corbin on offense?  Particularly, in the four or five trips they were at or inside the redszone? Did they open it up enough to suit you?
(09-17-2023, 08:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Bull, what did you think of the play calling for Corbin on offense?  Particularly, in the four or five trips they were at or inside the redszone? Did they open it up enough to suit you?

I'm impressed with Elam's abilities to make throws under pressure. "The Kid" is just a baller. After watching the game in person, both defenses were just so aggressive it was hard for anyone to do anything much. Thats why it was a game of field position. It's one thing to want more points but 6 was enough. I'll be honest, it was hard to see everything without missing the big hits. But I saw kids open downfield, but the blitzing of FD was spot on, and it just didn't allow for Elam to see the open receivers. He was just trying to get away from the pressure with little time. They were there at times but for the two teams' style of play, it complimented each other's defense to the point that no one could hardly move the ball more than a few 1st downs and then punt. Bart knows what he's got. But I think it wouldn't hurt to put a few more wrinkles in. But I also don't think Corbin will face a defense like FD the rest of the year. I think when Corbin faces whoever it is in the 3rd round, Covington Catholic or Boyle County, the battle will be downfield, not at the line of scrimmage like the FD game. As quick as the ball was snapped you could almost count hurry up and pass and that's not enough time to get down field looks. Only when the QB was dodging blitzers was he able to make throws downfield somewhat. I haven't witnessed a defensive battle like that before honestly. Just a shoving match and Corbin definitely did a great job. I was impressed honestly. They played hard. I think no injuries so that's all you can ask for. Corbin is no doubt a contender and to me they are capable of winning any team they play after I saw that game. Make no mistake about it.... They are right there.
  • HighViz
I was super excited about the defense. Obviously the twins are great. But they have a few more in the trenches that played great. Offensive line played great as well. FD was bigger and faster than CHS up front besides the twins. Athleticism was also closer than I expected. Well done! What more could you ask for defensively for either team? If anything was weaker it was the secondary pass coverage. Both secondaries tackled well.

Offensively, Elam played about as well as he could given the direction coming from Dad. Estep is going to be like his brother. Stewart played great!

FD was pretty vanilla on the playcalling. Running away from 99 is a bad idea if you run power. He was catching the RB from the backside before a hole was created. The QB floated balls the second half because he had several knocked down in the first half. He just wasn’t good under the pressure that was coming from the edges.

CHS ran about 4-5 plays all night. Scored 6 points. Most were short range swing passes, screens. Outside zone. I mean if the object of the scheme is to get 5-6 yards. It worked. I feel like, to bring a ring home they will need to spice up the midrange, long game. Even after seeing them in this game in person as well as 1 other I don’t see them holding Boyle to less than 28-35 points. That tells me, they need to figure out a way to score 29 or 36.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds, True pioneer