Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 6 Frederick Douglass 0
(09-16-2023, 12:26 AM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote: Several 15 yd penalties and 2 ejections went against FD tonight, pretty sure Corbin didn’t have a 10 or 15 yd penalty all night.. Not saying the penalties on FD weren’t legit, but for one team to have several big penalties and the other team in a huge game have zero big penalties seems a little questionable….
Well when you stomp a player you kinda get a penalty. When you take off your helmet on the field, you can’t really look past it as a ref. Corbin had an unsportsmanlike but it was off set. Refs played little to no part in the game. Might actually have taken points off the board for Corbin.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Deuce8
(09-16-2023, 12:20 AM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote: Nice win for Corbin for sure, but I have say that FD has to be overrated, just can’t imagine they are the best team in 6A

No, Frederick Douglass is well coached and not overrated. They are no doubt a top 5 team in the state in all classes. There Starting QB I think was out tonight. FD graduated some of that team last season but make no mistake about it, there was bodys flying around tonight out there and that was a Heayweight fight out there and Corbin won fair and square.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Deuce8
(09-16-2023, 12:32 AM)HOFER Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:26 AM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote: Several 15 yd penalties and 2 ejections went against FD tonight, pretty sure Corbin didn’t have a 10 or 15 yd penalty all night.. Not saying the penalties on FD weren’t legit, but for one team to have several big penalties and the other team in a huge game have zero big penalties seems a little questionable….
So which of those penalties shouldn't have been called? Corbin had a holding call that was declined and an intentional grounding both are 10 yd penalties. Also had a fumble that would have been returned for a touchdown called an incomplete pass. Aside from that missed fumble every other call was legit. What do you want? Want them not to call penalties because one team committed more? What is this nonsense?

I'm a die hard Colonel, but these  A-holios are ridiculous with their stupid BS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-16-2023, 12:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:06 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:26 PM)Hatz Wrote: Congrats to the Hounds. They serve notice they are as good or better than any team in KY

Simmer down there pal.  I’m glad Corbin won, but Frederick Douglass is consistently the most overrated team in the entire state. Year in and year out.    

Corbin would be lucky to go 1-3 against Male, X, Trinity and Manual.  Ballard, Cov Cath and a host of NKY schools also could beat them…….. And Haddix still has your number at Boyle Co. too.  Stay humble.

He stated a fact and you are talking out your A$$. Douglas beat Trinity and Corbin shut Douglass down. They are the real deal.
Douglass is not as good as the normally are. Trinity is not the powerhouse it use to be. Do you think 6 points will beat Boyle county. Haddix is a wizard. While twins are force. Speed kills and Boyle has it.
Now if I have one thing I might see differently than the Corbin coaches. I might have kicked the field goal instead of going for it when FD got the ball back late in the 4th. But it doesn't matter. The Grizzlys are that good. They make it hard on a offense to do there normal sets. FD defense is dang good as well. Lots of things I noticed, Corbin wins this game without using West on defense. Corbin dline looked good, Corbins defense looked good. Corbins offense did the job. I thought Elam did a heck of a job with the pressure he was getting and he flat out made some big throws. Carter Stewart really impressed me probably as much as anyone. He took some big licks but held on to the ball and was really a difference maker. I think Corbin is the best when they let Elam control the game with his arm. But Corbin flat out played as good as I have seen tonight and really not many flaws in this kind of a game. This was a war of defenses. A heck of a game.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, 64SUR, TD Hounds
(09-16-2023, 12:36 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 11:26 PM)Hatz Wrote: Congrats to the Hounds. They serve notice they are as good or better than any team in KY

Simmer down there pal.  I’m glad Corbin won, but Frederick Douglass is consistently the most overrated team in the entire state. Year in and year out.    

Corbin would be lucky to go 1-3 against Male, X, Trinity and Manual.  Ballard, Cov Cath and a host of NKY schools also could beat them…….. And Haddix still has your number at Boyle Co. too.  Stay humble.

He stated a fact and you are talking out your A$$. Douglas beat Trinity and Corbin shut Douglass down. They are the real deal.
Douglass is not as good as the normally are. Trinity is not the powerhouse it use to be. Do you think 6 points will beat Boyle county. Haddix is a wizard. While twins are force. Speed kills and Boyle has it.

I'm sure the Boyle County fan knows a little bit about football. Boyle County wasnt in this game tonight. It was a big time win for Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
(09-16-2023, 12:33 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Impressive. Hopeing for a rematch between them and Boyle in the championship of 4A football
It was an impressive win.  But if you want to beat a team like boyle. 6 ain’t gonna cut it. But proud of them dawgs. They were flat out nasty on defense tonight!! They play like that on D every night you give yourself a good chance to be in any game. Kids made plays when it counted. Side note, any body know how many times we sent anybody outside our front 4? 

btw, there can’t be a better edge rusher in Ky than smith. He makes an impact on 9 out 10 play’s regardless where the ball is at. A poster child for “game changer”
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, HighViz
Congratulations Corbin on a statement win. See you at Kroger field
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Hound05

I’d literally hate to be someone like you… JS. The team that had a chance to beat boyle just squeaked past a team we KO two weeks ago?? So I wouldn’t be so cocky Wink I guess we’re just lucky FD was slow as molasses
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin has got to do something to get the offense rolling. They just don’t have that star player on offense that can lead them to victory over Boyle at this point IMO, and that defense is too notch, but Boyle will score some points.
(09-16-2023, 12:57 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin has got to do something to get the offense rolling. They just don’t have that star player on offense that can lead them to victory over Boyle at this point IMO, and that defense is too notch, but Boyle will score some points.
If I had to guess. I would say a rematch between these two would be the exact opposite of last year. A very low scoring game. I mean we just allowed the same amount of points as Hoban did with FD. I know we aren’t even close to their caliber. But boyle won’t be lighting it up on us this year. But we won’t be on them either.
Big time win by Corbin. Congrats !!
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
(09-16-2023, 12:54 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

I’d literally hate to be someone like you… JS. The team that had a chance to beat boyle just squeaked past a team we KO two weeks ago?? So I wouldn’t be so cocky Wink I guess we’re just lucky FD was slow as molasses
I'd really hate to be someone like you. Wasn't you the guy last year during the state game that was certain Corbin would win. Size intimidates Speed Kills. Don't have a dog in the fight I'm not some ignorant individual that is afraid to be honest. 3 peat let me know when Corbin can say that. Should've kept Haddix

(09-16-2023, 02:58 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:06 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Simmer down there pal.  I’m glad Corbin won, but Frederick Douglass is consistently the most overrated team in the entire state. Year in and year out.    

I'd really hate to be someone like you. Wasn't you the guy last year during the state game that was certain Corbin would win. Size intimidates Speed Kills. Don't have a dog in the fight I'm not some ignorant individual that is afraid to be honest. 3 peat let me know when Corbin can say that. Should've kept Haddix

You could never be like me. You ARE some ignorant individual with multiple personalities. This game had nothing whatsoever to do with Boyle County. Only a person with low mental capacity would downplay this huge shutout victory.
Way to go Corbin. Douglas played a team with similar talent and got shut out ! Would have enjoyed this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • TD Hounds
NICE win for the red hounds!!!! Puts them as a for sure 2nd in 4A. Still have to see them win one away from Campbell field to think they can beat Boyle. Going to be one heck of a game!
Anyone have the stats on this game ?
Congratulations Red Hounds. Very good win! Let's hope that the RPI works out for a Championship rematch.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
I'm just sitting here thinking about something.
What would some of you have said last week if a poster would say that they believed Corbin would win this game 6 to 0?
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, pjdoug, TD Hounds
(09-16-2023, 06:30 AM)Umm pjdoug Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 02:58 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 12:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote: He stated a fact and you are talking out your A$$. Douglas beat Trinity and Corbin shut Douglass down. They are the real deal.

You could never be like me. You ARE some ignorant individual with multiple personalities. This game had nothing whatsoever to do with Boyle County. Only a person with low mental capacity would downplay this huge 
O my someone's feelings got hurt... No one down played the win it was a great win for Corbin. It just shows that apparently you all are not use to big wins..
(09-16-2023, 11:06 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I'm just sitting here thinking about something.
What would some of you have said last week if a poster would say that they believed Corbin would win this game 6 to 0?
That our OC was gonna have COVID….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
Good job Corbin, you guys are the real deal. Good luck the rest of the way.
I was off from my 36-0 prediction but I did get the 0 right. Didn’t think FD would be able to score with their backup Q.
(09-16-2023, 11:06 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I'm just sitting here thinking about something.

Some lame brains pick Corbin to lose by 5 TDs then say Douglass is no good when Corbin beats them.lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear

EAD troll.
Congratulations to the Corbin Redhounds on a great victory over Frederick Douglass..
Frederick Douglas might have the best defense in the state. Good win for Corbin. Corbin vs Boyle co might be the best game in the state.
Was FDs starting qb really out?
And does Corbin play at FD next year?
(09-16-2023, 12:39 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Was FDs starting qb really out?
And does Corbin play at FD next year?

Yes been hurt since the first or second scrimmage. EKU commit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest