Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-13-2022, 09:41 PM)Old guy Wrote: I still hate Laetner. Lol
Him and the 40 yr old from NC that exploded for game in the tournament against us
Well that was 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back reading through that garbage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Diogenes
Both teams will come in focused; seniors understand what is at stake. During the regular season, there was always " next week"; the competition in 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs is lackluster.

Have not seen either team this year, but in any given year to beat JC you need to win up front. It is that simple. An opponent may be able to simulate the x's and o's in practice, but it's impossible at the HS level to imitate the decision making and ball skills of the QB in that system.

I give the advantage to JC simply based upon their style of play.

(11-13-2022, 06:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.
Son I live my life in a sea of insults lol. I’ve got 4 kids. And that’s insulting. I’m not sensitive. I didn’t cry when ol yelled died. :(  you’ve hurt my itty bitty feelings.  Last year with that line you wore us out harder than my mama did with her switch when I got in papa’s liquor cabinet. You may have the horses in the back , but you don’t have the hogs leading the pack. You compare last year to this year? You better take a good look at your team.
I am just a spectator. Obviously the offensive line is not as big and experienced this season but nobody has shut down JC's running game this season, although North Laurel did a pretty good job after Conley left the game with a broken leg. Johnson Central relies more on its running backs blocking for each other than they did last season but those running backs are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were a season ago, so maybe JC's young linemen will play well enough to win. Johnson Central has a great track record of producing great linemen, so don't be surprised if they play much better than you expect.
JC does not need to re establish the line of scrimmage to be successful; their OL will chip the DL and try to get to the 2nd level as quickly as possible. Last year Corbin's LB's did not step up and take on the block near the LOS and that is why they lost. If Corbin eats their Wheaties on gameday and put on their big boy pants, they will win. Corbin will not do anything systematically JC has not seen all season but I know Corbin and anyone they may play this season has not played against a system similar to what JC will bring on Friday night. Advantage JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Gold Star
(11-13-2022, 10:17 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Both teams will come in focused; seniors understand what is at stake. During the regular season, there was always " next week"; the competition in 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs is lackluster. 

Have not seen either team this year, but in any given year to beat JC you need to win up front. It is that simple. An opponent may be able to simulate the x's and o's in practice, but it's impossible at the HS level to imitate the  decision making and ball skills of the QB in that system.

I give the advantage to JC simply based upon their style of play.

(11-13-2022, 06:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.
Son I live my life in a sea of insults lol. I’ve got 4 kids. And that’s insulting. I’m not sensitive. I didn’t cry when ol yelled died. Sad  you’ve hurt my itty bitty feelings.  Last year with that line you wore us out harder than my mama did with her switch when I got in papa’s liquor cabinet. You may have the horses in the back , but you don’t have the hogs leading the pack. You compare last year to this year? You better take a good look at your team.
I am just a spectator. Obviously the offensive line is not as big and experienced this season but nobody has shut down JC's running game this season, although North Laurel did a pretty good job after Conley left the game with a broken leg. Johnson Central relies more on its running backs blocking for each other than they did last season but those running backs are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were a season ago, so maybe JC's young linemen will play well enough to win. Johnson Central has a great track record of producing great linemen, so don't be surprised if they play much better than you expect.
JC does not need to re establish the line of scrimmage to be successful; their OL will chip the DL and try to get to the 2nd level as quickly as possible. Last year Corbin's LB's did not step up and take on the block near the LOS and that is why they lost. If Corbin eats their Wheaties on gameday and put on their big boy pants, they will win. Corbin will not do anything systematically JC has not seen all season but I know Corbin and anyone they may play this season has not played against a system similar to what JC will bring on Friday night. Advantage JC.

Smile I have not seen a running team win that doesn't establish the line of scrimmage....
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I just think it’s funny how early season games dont mean anything, but last year does haha.

Yea I watched Ironton. Not a bad team. But from what I saw not world beaters.
Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?

I wonder why you think you can stop Kade Elam when Jonah Little put on a clinic against you. You "don't think". That's why.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-13-2022, 10:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I just think it’s funny how early season games dont mean anything, but last year does haha.

Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?

I wonder why you think you can stop Kade Elam when Jonah Little put on a clinic against you. You "don't think". That's why.
Don’t have to stop him just got to out score him.
Does Johnson Central still have the same QB? If so, you could tell by the way he positioned himself during the snap whether the ball was going to the up back or the halfback. How the coaches didn’t see that, I’ll have no idea. If he squatted with his knee nearly to the ground, it was a quick handoff to the up back. If it was more of a normal stance, it was halfback.

Yammer, yammer, yammer...you are one childish human being. I won't be stopping anybody because I won't be playing. You take this game way to seriously for an adult way past his prime. It's only a game and it will be played in less than a week. Nothing that you or I post online is going to have any impact on that game. Life's too short to spend any of it as a cranky old man.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Iggyfan
(11-13-2022, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.

Crone and Simon Kenton put up big numbers against Woodford County. We all know how weak The Yellow Jackets are. You're an imposter pretending to know about football.

Hate anything to do with PUKE. lol
(11-13-2022, 09:44 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If only he had been ejected.. Just sayin... Smile
They should go back and reverse the results.
(11-13-2022, 11:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.

Crone and Simon Kenton put up big numbers against Woodford County. We all know how weak The Yellow Jackets are. You're an imposter pretending to know about football.
More insults. Are you capable of anything else? Apparently not. Corbin played very poorly against Simon Kenton and were lucky to escape with a win. Any team that gives up over 500 yards and gains about half as much offensively would be lucky to come out with a win. Teams have bad games. Good teams learn from them and move on.
(11-13-2022, 09:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote: But last weeks stats are out.  Franklin, Ironton, you can’t really compare JC or Corbin to them because they didn’t play. But both did play LCC. This defense that played so “well” against Ironton allowed Jonah little to rush for 135 yards and pass for 130. Corbins defense which which was implied to not be as good a JC, held him for 35 yards. Actually we held the whole team to less than what Jc allowed little to rush for and that was
With our JV in the 2nd half since it was a clock right before halftime. Again, I don’t know what we are gonna do
You are really running all of the comparisons into the ground, over, and over, and over. The game is less than a week away. The game will most likely be decided along the line of scrimmage. If Johnson Central's offensive line creates holes for the running backs, then I think Corbin is going to have a difficult time slowing down JC's offense. That is really the key to the game. If Johnson Central consistently moves the chains, then I like Johnson Central's chances of winning. If Corbin forces a few punts early, then it could be a long night for JC.
I do agree to that. That was the whole problem last year was the type of defense that was used and the players that wasn't used on both sides of the ball. So this year, of course we will have to wait till game time to see the plan, but Letcher at least tried and had some success on defense enough to make it a game. Corbin has the weapons and the confidence to stop the run. I do expect a different look from Corbin this time around. Johnson Central also has to defend the Corbin offense and put pressure on the QB and stop Corbins run in which no one has been able to do so far..
Well said. I need you to come help with my team.
(11-13-2022, 09:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote: But last weeks stats are out.  Franklin, Ironton, you can’t really compare JC or Corbin to them because they didn’t play. But both did play LCC. This defense that played so “well” against Ironton allowed Jonah little to rush for 135 yards and pass for 130. Corbins defense which which was implied to not be as good a JC, held him for 35 yards. Actually we held the whole team to less than what Jc allowed little to rush for and that was
With our JV in the 2nd half since it was a clock right before halftime. Again, I don’t know what we are gonna do
You are really running all of the comparisons into the ground, over, and over, and over. The game is less than a week away. The game will most likely be decided along the line of scrimmage. If Johnson Central's offensive line creates holes for the running backs, then I think Corbin is going to have a difficult time slowing down JC's offense. That is really the key to the game. If Johnson Central consistently moves the chains, then I like Johnson Central's chances of winning. If Corbin forces a few punts early, then it could be a long night for JC.
I do agree to that. That was the whole problem last year was the type of defense that was used and the players that wasn't used on both sides of the ball. So this year, of course we will have to wait till game time to see the plan, but Letcher at least tried and had some success on defense enough to make it a game. Corbin has the weapons and the confidence to stop the run. I do expect a different look from Corbin this time around. Johnson Central also has to defend the Corbin offense and put pressure on the QB and stop Corbins run in which no one has been able to do so far..
Well said. I need you to come help with my team.
This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread. Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman , Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out, his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean. lol

Anyway, he still believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable. Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI). I bet he stays good and warm in his Steelcase Leap office chair back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather. :)

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot, I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half. Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks.

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year. They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming. Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters. I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs. Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

I can't wait until Friday!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Diogenes, Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 11:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Yammer, yammer, yammer...you are one childish human being. I won't be stopping anybody because I won't be playing. You take this game way to seriously for an adult way past his prime. It's only a game and it will be played in less than a week. Nothing that you or I post online is going to have any impact on that game. Life's too short to spend any of it as a cranky old man.

You don't play or go to games, but pretend to be an expert.You never stop with the narcissistic victim stuff. I take this game way too seriously? I can barely type from laughing at you thinking I get mad over a game, and you don't even know my age. You're a sad case.
  • Hound05
(11-13-2022, 10:58 PM)Gold River Wrote:

Good luck. lol
(11-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already  a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread.  Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman ,  Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart  teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out,  his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean.  lol

Anyway, he still  believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable.  Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI).  I bet he stays good and warm  in his Steelcase Leap office chair  back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off  at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather.  Smile

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot,  I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half.  Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks. 

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year.  They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming.  Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters.  I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs.  Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

Vintage OSH. You have a difficult time avoiding personal attacks. It's one of your character flaws. If Corbin limits JC to 7 yards/carry, then that will be a big improvement over last year's game, but 7 yards/carry would be enough to give JC an excellent chance of winning.
I'll try some different bait later. I can now sleep like a baby. lol
(11-13-2022, 11:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

You don't play or go to games, but pretend to be an expert.You never stop with the narcissistic victim stuff. I take this game way too seriously? I can barely type from laughing at you thinking I get mad over a game, and you don't even know my age. You're a sad case.
There you go calling names again. That seems to be the limit of your expertise and your insults are not even imaginative. Maybe you will wake up in a better mood, but I doubt it. I think you must have a bed with two wrong sides. I feel sorry for you.
(11-13-2022, 09:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
Once again you arguing against something that wasn’t said. So yea I agree LCCs line didn’t hold JCs scoring down. Just like the experienced JC Dline didn’t hold them down. LCC tried to eat the clock up against us, taking just about the whole play clock to run the play. But it didn’t work, because our Dline held them to 3 and outs almost the entire game. Little had 22 yards rushing. And matthews 35. And I would about bet, 1/4 if not 1/2 came in the 2nd half against our JV, which is fine. I don’t care about yards, just points. But how can you say last week that you can’t go by early season games, but then say you can go back and look at SK game against Corbin for weaknesses? And yes you’re correct, both teams probably learned from those early games, or at least I hope we did. But I’ll believe ya on the rushing stuff. It’s gonna be hard for Corbin to get a lot of yards on the ground, especially when we lose the LoS. Hoping our pass game will keep us in the fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Well…. You got to the point. And I actually agree.
Only way JC has a chance is if they can control the TOP and force a few Corbin turnovers.

Corbin wins, 28-14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 11:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already  a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread.  Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman ,  Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart  teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out,  his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean.  lol

Anyway, he still  believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable.  Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI).  I bet he stays good and warm  in his Steelcase Leap office chair  back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off  at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather.  Smile

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot,  I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half.  Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks. 

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year.  They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming.  Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters.  I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs.  Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

Vintage OSH. You have a difficult time avoiding personal attacks. It's one of your character flaws. If Corbin limits JC to 7 yards/carry, then that will be a big improvement over last year's game, but 7 yards/carry would be enough to give JC an excellent chance of winning.

Tongue in cheek, Hoot. You still don't get it. Laugh once or twice. It will relieve some of the stress in your life.  If it makes you feel better, my weiner has seen less action than Will Smith's acting career since the Grammy's. 
I expect a good game Friday.  If you will make the trip down here I will pay for your meal to a restaurant of your choice. Anything on the menu is yours. It's the best I can do.

(11-14-2022, 12:31 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Only way JC has a chance is if they can control the TOP and force a few Corbin turnovers.

Corbin wins, 28-14.

BINGO !!! Winner, winner!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 10:58 PM)Gold River Wrote:

Haha you are right about that gold!
(11-13-2022, 11:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?

More insults. Are you capable of anything else? Apparently not. Corbin played very poorly against Simon Kenton and were lucky to escape with a win. Any team that gives up over 500 yards and gains about half as much offensively would be lucky to come out with a win. Teams have bad games. Good teams learn from them and move on.
You insult yourself. Johnson Central played poorly against a mediocre Letcher team. I'm waiting for you to stop contradicting yourself.
  • Hound05
(11-13-2022, 11:45 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?

There you go calling names again. That seems to be the limit of your expertise and your insults are not even imaginative. Maybe you will wake up in a better mood, but I doubt it. I think you must have a bed with two wrong sides. I feel sorry for you.

You're boring me to sleep.
I'll try to study some game film with Bull and Hound to see if we can get this defense ready for war in the trenches with linebackers filling gaps. 64SUR might even come out on the field.

This right here is what’s gonna determine the game! Coaching!! Now if they can’t figure out by now that 5-2 defense isn’t gonna work, then we don’t deserve to beat them. Every team that’s beat them or even had a close game didn’t put 7 men in the box! Pretty sure north ran what looked like 4-5. Ironton 4-4. LCC 4-4. STACK THE FRIGGIN’ BOX.  They pack it in on offense. Majority of the time numbers are gonna succeed. You can’t have 7 going against 9 or 10. I don’t get paid the big bucks but if I did, 4-4 and I’d have them stunt, blitz, etc to keep JCs line guessing. Contain the outside and you’ll beat JC this year. Last year, different story, a little more to it because they had a heck of a line. Offense, don’t get fancy. Do what you’ve done all year. No one’s stopped it yet. OL plays like they have been and then take it to the next level and get to the secondary and block them. That’s the difference between a first down and TD. Defense, swarm, wraps up and hold on, and don’t do like last year when they thought someone was gonna make the tackle they’d just stop. Put the freaking kill shot on ‘em.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Diogenes, Old School Hound
(11-14-2022, 12:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup

You insult yourself. Johnson Central played poorly against a mediocre Letcher team. I'm waiting for you to stop contradicting yourself.
The only thing I heard after reading that was sponge bobs squidwards in that French accent, “20 hours later.”
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next