Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
Corbin looks to be the better team on paper.. If Corbin can establish a good run game early that’ll open up the air raid. If Johnson Central loses this game it’ll be in the air not on the ground. Johnson Central dominate on ground in this one.. three headed monster plus one ( Conley RB is healthy and back I’m hearing ).. Corbin defense will win or lose this one for the hounds.. Corbin 28- JC 21

(11-12-2022, 08:23 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: I hope the folks at historic Campbell field have an abundance of popcorn on hand….
Can JC make it 3 in a row ?? Corbin has the talent!!!!!!!! Can Greer manage it is the question? 35-14 Hounds roll ……..

Too much pressure on Tommy for this one..pressure cooker is about to overheat.. Better keep him on the defense side of ball and let the OC handle the offense. Losing three in a row to Johnson Central in the Regional Championship could prove to be disastrous for current coaching staff. 3 years 365 days a year equates to 1095 day’s current Coaching Staff have had to prepare to Johnson Central this go round. Time to put up or shut up..Go Hounds..
[-] The following 3 users Like Playcaller66's post:
  • Deuce8, Old School Hound, TopShelfOG
(11-13-2022, 11:42 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: Corbin looks to be the better team on paper.. If Corbin can establish a good run game early that’ll open up the air raid. If Johnson Central loses this game it’ll be in the air not on the ground. Johnson Central dominate on ground in this one.. three headed monster plus one ( Conley RB is healthy and back I’m hearing ).. Corbin defense will win or lose this one for the hounds.. Corbin 28- JC 21

(11-12-2022, 08:23 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: I hope the folks at historic Campbell field have an abundance of popcorn on hand….
Can JC make it 3 in a row ?? Corbin has the talent!!!!!!!! Can Greer manage it is the question? 35-14 Hounds roll ……..

Too much pressure on Tommy for this one..pressure cooker is about to overheat.. Better keep him on the defense side of ball and let the OC handle the offense. Losing three in a row to Johnson Central in the Regional Championship could prove to be disastrous for current coaching staff. 3 years 365 days a year equates to 1095 day’s current Coaching Staff have had to prepare to Johnson Central this go round. Time to put up or shut up..Go Hounds..
I’m about positive if Letcher can put up 130 and 200 rushing and passing yards, C. Combs, curry and Elam and Stewart will be ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
 Corbin 52-7 (late score on freshman team 2nd string)…..word is Johnson central has really been dreading this 3rd round and won’t even be turning off the busses in preparation of a running clock in the first quarter and has already contacted Julian Tackett to ask for a shortened halftime. If anybody wants to put money on the golden thunder chickens from paintsville I’m going to be selling mamaws EBT card for this month so I’ll have plenty to wager. We can discuss the details on the 12 1/2 mile walk to the field if you don’t get there 5 hours early. #GreerIsMyDaddio  #SmokinHindend #1-2 
[-] The following 4 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Hound05, Sgt Slaughter, TrojanMan69
If we run outta popcorn we do have plenty of kettle corn at the tent lol. We’ll be ready. May the best team win
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Deuce8
Another one on the bandwagon haha. Welcome Gold. But I wouldn’t jump on just yet. We are playing the number 1 rushing team and top defensive rushing team in 4A, maybe the state. With the best backfield in Ky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Playcaller66
(11-12-2022, 08:50 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:00 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 04:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Corbin has their fan base believing they are the best in the state… if JC wins, Good gosh almighty will this site be fire come Saturday morning.
Uh yea. Because we are one of the best in the state. Keep doubting us like everyone has all year. Our team is feeding off of the hate. Lol haven’t heard much from the haters after last nights loss either.

I don’t look at this round as a dreaded third round. These boys has had this day circled since last year. Believe me JC fans when I say this , I Promise you you’re gonna get every ounce of blood and sweat this team has this game. They want ppl to believe they can’t win. So put every negative comment about this team on this thread. Please. Because these boys will read it. And believe that you’re gonna get the nastiest dog fight you’ve ever been in. These boys fuel of your hate. So feel free to hate as much as you want. The clock is ticking , and you’re gonna get the hounds in a bar fight.  Your fans think your the best , come Friday , welcome to hell.

I don’t know anything about you or this Corbin team, but I think they need to have you in for the pregame speech.  That was Any Given Sunday Al Pacino material with a harsher tone.  Excellent work.
They can’t handle my pregame speech. I’d have parents call the school board on me lol. But believe me if I was to be asked I’d give them one helluva shot of moto

(11-12-2022, 09:04 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 08:50 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:00 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 04:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Corbin has their fan base believing they are the best in the state… if JC wins, Good gosh almighty will this site be fire come Saturday morning.
Uh yea. Because we are one of the best in the state. Keep doubting us like everyone has all year. Our team is feeding off of the hate. Lol haven’t heard much from the haters after last nights loss either.

I don’t look at this round as a dreaded third round. These boys has had this day circled since last year. Believe me JC fans when I say this , I Promise you you’re gonna get every ounce of blood and sweat this team has this game. They want ppl to believe they can’t win. So put every negative comment about this team on this thread. Please. Because these boys will read it. And believe that you’re gonna get the nastiest dog fight you’ve ever been in. These boys fuel of your hate. So feel free to hate as much as you want. The clock is ticking , and you’re gonna get the hounds in a bar fight.  Your fans think your the best , come Friday , welcome to hell.

I don’t know anything about you or this Corbin team, but I think they need to have you in for the pregame speech.  That was Any Given Sunday Al Pacino material with a harsher tone.  Excellent work.
Absolutely. But someone needs to link him some Greg Taylor Corbin speechs. Go to CORBIN REDHOUND FOOTBALL. Watch the Simon Kenton highlight video.  And that’s not even close to his best. The one he did at central back in ‘16 I think was chilling
That man could bring back a drowning elephant at the bottom of a river. No one gives a speech like that man. Lol

(11-13-2022, 01:04 PM)Gold River Wrote:  Corbin 52-7 (late score on freshman team 2nd string)…..word is Johnson central has really been dreading this 3rd round and won’t even be turning off the busses in preparation of a running clock in the first quarter and has already contacted Julian Tackett to ask for a shortened halftime. If anybody wants to put money on the golden thunder chickens from paintsville I’m going to be selling mamaws EBT card for this month so I’ll have plenty to wager. We can discuss the details on the 12 1/2 mile walk to the field if you don’t get there 5 hours early. #GreerIsMyDaddio  #SmokinHindend #1-2 
Mamaws ebt card. Hahahaha. That was a great read. 12 1/2 mile walk would be correct on this one. Lol. I’m not overlooking the eagles , but man if our dogs come ready to hunt man ‘o man we’ll tree some eagles
Is this game streaming anywhere?

Supposed to be down to 17 degrees Friday night. Does this favor anyone in your guys' opinions.
(11-13-2022, 01:04 PM)Gold River Wrote:  Corbin 52-7 (late score on freshman team 2nd string)…..word is Johnson central has really been dreading this 3rd round and won’t even be turning off the busses in preparation of a running clock in the first quarter and has already contacted Julian Tackett to ask for a shortened halftime. If anybody wants to put money on the golden thunder chickens from paintsville I’m going to be selling mamaws EBT card for this month so I’ll have plenty to wager. We can discuss the details on the 12 1/2 mile walk to the field if you don’t get there 5 hours early. #GreerIsMyDaddio  #SmokinHindend #1-2 

I think it will be slightly closer than 52-7. Depends on if JC is able to limit the number of Corbin's possessions. Long, clock-eating drives is what the birds need to order up.

(11-13-2022, 01:26 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Is this game streaming anywhere?

Supposed to be down to 17 degrees Friday night. Does this favor anyone in your guys' opinions.

Who would the cold night air favor---UK or UT ?   Same answer.  It won't matter.   Smile
Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • ekywildcat
(11-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.
I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.
(11-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.

Hound5 and I could have rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 02:04 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.
This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
They played limited action. Corbin only gave up 7 points in the second half. If West and Bolton would have played more, it would have made a huge difference. They played a series in the second half and caused a turnover on downs.....
(11-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Hound5 and I could have  rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.
How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  Big Grin

Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

(11-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Hound5 and I could have  rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.
How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  Big Grin
Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.
The matchup problem I see will be to contain the offense of Corbin They are playing as loose as a team I have seen in a while. JC will no doubt have a game plan of keeping Corbins offense off the field. But Johnson Central also has to be able to stay on the field to do so.  The Corbin defense is responding as well. This is the hardest type of offense to defend that Corbin will face as far as the running aspect of how Johnson Central lines up. Corbin can't play a zone with 5 yard deep linebackers in this one. The bigs will have to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..
Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter

You tell ‘em Grand pappy! Every Friday when I come pick you up from the heritage they are always bragging on how well you get around with our your Walker. I just chuckle cause we all know you’d have 1,000+ rushing yards if you played for JC or against the soft a55 teams they’ve played.
What is clear to Hoot is that the same yahoos that were predicting a huge Corbin win and trip to Kroger field a year ago are making the same predictions again. Maybe this is finally Corbin's year, maybe not, but all of the Corbin trash talkers are climbing out on the same limb that was sawed off a year ago. If your coaches let you down again this season, then maybe next year some of you will try the confident, but humble approach to the game. j/k - that will never happen.

Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.

Give 'em hell, Sarge !!!  Dammit, you're firing my @ss up and it's not even Monday yet.  Don't let these bozos throw shade at our statewide #2 ranked boys.  Corbin and Freddie D are the best teams I've watched this season. No team that loses to North Laurel and barely escapes a home loss to poor Letcher Central is going to beat Simon Kenton or gonna be dancing on the big C at Campbell Field.

(11-13-2022, 02:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: What is clear to Hoot is that the same yahoos that were predicting a huge Corbin win and trip to Kroger field a year ago are making the same predictions again. Maybe this is finally Corbin's year, maybe not, but all of the Corbin trash talkers are climbing out on the same limb that was sawed off a year ago. If your coaches let you down again this season, then maybe next year some of you will try the confident, but humble approach to the game. j/k - that will never happen.

You've never been humble in your life. Don't start pretending to be humble now. No one's buying it.

The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
(11-13-2022, 02:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol

Hoot's Big Red Wave disappeared quicker than Herschel Walker after one of his children was born.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran like wild stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Hoot, you're about as warm as a day on Uranus. And I don't want to be anywhere near Ur anus.
(11-13-2022, 03:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:04 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.

Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran as wild like stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Like I said, Simon Kenton had two main offensive threats. Corbin did not stop either one of them. Putting together a string of shutouts against the weakest part of the schedule does not make up for that extremely poor defensive showing. Johnson Central dominated Crone and SK in a two game series and SK dropped them from the schedule and picked up Corbin. I guess SK thought they had a better shot at beating the Redhounds. They were right, but the Pioneers found a way to lose a game in which they rolled up 528 total yards of offense, and that is not an easy thing to do.
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
(11-13-2022, 03:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hoot, you're about as warm as a day on Uranus.  And I don't want to be anywhere near  Ur  anus.
There's plenty of sick, desperate fish in the sea to satisfy your particular proclivities but I don't want you near any part of my anatomy.
It's not even Monday yet.... how we liking this thread so far??? I may save my best material until about midweek. Sarge is already in beast mode. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:04 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.

(11-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hound5 and I could have  rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.

Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next