•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
I alway started my day and night off at Joe’s Bar my kind of people.
(11-10-2022, 10:02 PM)64SUR Wrote: I alway started my day and night off at Joe’s Bar my kind of people.

I've seen you there too many times to count. lol
(11-10-2022, 10:10 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 10:02 PM)64SUR Wrote: I alway started my day and night off at Joe’s Bar my kind of people.

I wouldn’t be shock and believe I beat you one night playing pool in 1979 without a tip on my pool stick.
(11-10-2022, 03:10 AM)HeatherSwanson Wrote: Rain and wind: Corbin 34  LCC 14

Clear: 46-14

This thread has made my day!!

The sky was red in Whitley County tonight. Sailors Delight?
(11-10-2022, 09:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Hound05 Wrote: You dropping the star lite, you’re showing your age!  what we should have done if it was still running like ole days, take our Dline, drop them off, come back in 3 hours. If they come out they’ll be starting because they wouldn’t face any competition as tough as what they seen in there. And there is nothing any team could throw at them that wasn’t already thrown in there. I’ve seen knife fights, ball bats. 16 yr old kids drinking. It beat all I ever saw. Most of the time it looked the all the females who worked on the road crew finished off their day there.

You're right about that!!! Weird, though, how those road crew vixons turn into supermodels around 2am.  LOL

My mom and her friends went to a bar called The Spot in Jellico a few times back when I was really young. Said she saw my Sunday School teacher down there a few times.   Blush   Sunday School was always a little weird after that revelation.  LOL
beauties. wake up in middle of night and gnaw your arm off to escape. lol. Spot Tavern was just past where Joe's was on the left, and had the same owner as the current Pizza Spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-10-2022, 10:13 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 10:10 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I wouldn’t be shock and believe I beat you one night playing pool in 1979 without a tip on my pool stick.

You probably did do that, but not in 1979. lol. I liked to start there in the afternoon and end up at Starlite after midnight Smile
(11-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Hound05 Wrote: You dropping the star lite, you’re showing your age!  what we should have done if it was still running like ole days, take our Dline, drop them off, come back in 3 hours. If they come out they’ll be starting because they wouldn’t face any competition as tough as what they seen in there. And there is nothing any team could throw at them that wasn’t already thrown in there. I’ve seen knife fights, ball bats. 16 yr old kids drinking. It beat all I ever saw. Most of the time it looked the all the females who worked on the road crew finished off their day there.
LOL! Like my buddy used to say, when the bar closed all the women just headed back into the woods
And when it was extra bad he would add…tearin’ timbers
(11-10-2022, 10:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
LOL! Like my buddy used to say, when the bar closed all the women just headed back into the woods
And when it was extra bad he would add…tearin’ timbers

LOL! I went to a party with a friend after the bar closed. He woke up and came stumbling through the house about 4 a.m and saw me sitting there drinking a beer. He asked what the he11 you doing drinking at this time? I said look at that b*tch over there that won't leave me alone. He said I see why now,  walked directly to the refrigerator, got a beer and slammed it down. lol
  • Deuce8
LOL!!!!
(11-10-2022, 09:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 09:29 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Hey I’ve got a great idea. Now here me out , it’s a fair stretch of the imagination since I’m going on a few hours of sleep. Here we go. If you don’t like hearing ppl from Corbin , talk about Corbin , think their team is going to win every game by 100 then don’t read posts that are about Corbin! I hope that made sense , but you can very easily start a thread or respond on your own teams page. I know that’s confusing , but please try to grasp that concept.  
And I promise you this , if any team decides to dance on the “C “ at our field you better be prepared to pack a ass whooping back from whence you came from. We don’t play that down here! 
With that said hounds by 3 td’s

You got that right. Mess with the C and Mr. B will kick your A.
Hahahah
(11-10-2022, 09:43 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
Lots of crazy memories at the ol starlite. Got in when I was 15 and never looked back. Lol. Only place you can dance , drink , meet really old cougars and have a great bar fight all in the same night. And who could forget the guard rail girls. ?
Them things saved me a few times. Honestly that layout did NOT need to be a bar!
(11-10-2022, 09:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You're right about that!!! Weird, though, how those road crew vixons turn into supermodels around 2am.  LOL

My mom and her friends went to a bar called The Spot in Jellico a few times back when I was really young. Said she saw my Sunday School teacher down there a few times.   Blush   Sunday School was always a little weird after that revelation.  LOL
1st paragraph- NO COMMENT!!

2nd Paragraph- I guess it’s better there than somewhere like the place right off the exit in La Follette haha. Ya know, the big building with all the semi trucks parked over there?? 

But I always wondered, is it a job requirement by Ky DOT to have a Jerry curl mullet if you want to hold the stop sign and direct traffic? I swear every where you go they all look the same. And they are always so dang nice. No way would I be nice standing in 90 heat with steaming blacktop being poured!
Lots of crazy memories at the ol starlite. Got in when I was 15 and never looked back. Lol. Only place you can dance , drink , meet really old cougars and have a great bar fight all in the same night. And who could forget the guard rail girls. ?

Maybe the Highlands snob , ol' bozo67 , was right. Sounds like all of us Hounds and Colonels have some redneck in us. At least in our pasts. LOL  Redneck intellects, I like to say .   Tongue
Disagree.  Most rednecks that I know are gentlemen.

Ignorant and sexist are more appropriate terms for ALL you guys!!!
Angry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-11-2022, 12:06 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 09:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 09:29 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Hey I’ve got a great idea. Now here me out , it’s a fair stretch of the imagination since I’m going on a few hours of sleep. Here we go. If you don’t like hearing ppl from Corbin , talk about Corbin , think their team is going to win every game by 100 then don’t read posts that are about Corbin! I hope that made sense , but you can very easily start a thread or respond on your own teams page. I know that’s confusing , but please try to grasp that concept.  
And I promise you this , if any team decides to dance on the “C “ at our field you better be prepared to pack a ass whooping back from whence you came from. We don’t play that down here! 
With that said hounds by 3 td’s

You got that right. Mess with the C and Mr. B will kick your A.
Hahahah

Smile
(11-11-2022, 07:20 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Disagree.  Most rednecks that I know are gentlemen.

Ignorant and sexist are more appropriate terms for ALL you guys!!!
Angry

I'm a redneck gentleman. I can't help it that I'm too nice.
  • Granny Bear
(11-11-2022, 02:24 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Maybe the Highlands snob , ol' bozo67 , was right. Sounds like all of us Hounds and Colonels have some redneck in us. At least in our pasts. LOL  Redneck intellects, I like to say .   Tongue
Starlite brings out the best in us. I could entertain you all night with Starlite stories. lol
You can’t beat the Starlite or The Spot back in the day. I always liked our trips to Jellico back in high school where they’d fill up milk jugs with beer for you.
We even did that when I was in college at Williamsburg wayyyy back in 1970!
(11-11-2022, 10:33 AM)Corbin Wrote: You can’t beat the Starlite or The Spot back in the day. I always liked our trips to Jellico back in high school where they’d fill up milk jugs with beer for you.

Jellico has almost turned into a ghost town since people from Whitley County, Corbin, London have stopped going there to go to the bars. I don't even know if they have a bar that's still open.
(11-11-2022, 11:08 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: We even did that when I was in college at Williamsburg wayyyy back in 1970!
Would you happen to remember a barbecue place in Williamsburg? I've heard it was a popular place for Cumberland College students back then .
(11-11-2022, 11:08 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: We even did that when I was in college at Williamsburg wayyyy back in 1970!

I knew it !!!  I knew it !!! My dad went to Cumberland at that time.  I thought I remembered hearing dad talk about a woman getting her jugs filled at the Starlite.  Said she had a tattoo of a meat grinder on her chest.

I wish Ralph Edwards was still alive because I'd love for him to  make a surprise visit to Harlan County and do an episode of This is Your Life, Granny Bear !!!   Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I knew it !!!  I knew it !!! My dad went to Cumberland at that time.  I thought I remembered hearing dad talk about a woman getting her jugs filled at the Starlite.  Said she had a tattoo of a meat grinder on her chest.

I wish Ralph Edwards was still alive because I'd love for him to  make a surprise visit to Harlan County and do an episode of This is Your Life, Granny Bear !!!   Smile

I was dreaming about feeling jugs and woke up to read this post.
(11-11-2022, 12:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I was dreaming about feeling jugs and woke up to read this post.

That's what all of that late night talk of the Starlite memories will do !   LOL
Did I read that this is on wymt website/app or did I dream that like pj dreams about jugs? I imagine that wctt will stream it too? Debating on going but it looks like it depends on what time the rain quits.
wet field favor letcher or corbin
(11-11-2022, 01:41 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: wet field favor letcher or corbin

Will the 7pm start time favor Kentucky or Duquesne?  Same answer to your question. It's not gonna matter.
(11-11-2022, 01:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: Did I read that this is on wymt website/app or did I dream that like pj dreams about jugs? I imagine that wctt will stream it too? Debating on going but it looks like it depends on what time the rain quits.
Yes you read that correct. This will be WYMT2 game of the week 7.30pm
(11-11-2022, 01:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: Did I read that this is on wymt website/app or did I dream that like pj dreams about jugs? I imagine that wctt will stream it too? Debating on going but it looks like it depends on what time the rain quits.
I like jugs. We should do a live pre-game talk show. lol
  • Corbin
(11-11-2022, 03:02 PM)64SUR Wrote:
Yes you read that correct. This will be WYMT2 game of the week 7.30pm

Are you gonna sit in the dry and sip bourbon tonight? I'm debating on whether to stay home or go stand in the rain with Corbin fans.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next