Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Both teams win in easy games this week,warning shot fired Corbin goes down in 2nd week of playoffs,you heard it here 1st..Corbin WILL NOT be able to stop LCC offense,best online they will have seen all year.it would be a real challenge  to find a better 7 and 3 team in the state.LCC started slow thus year but are now rolling, HOUNDS GO DOWN! That district is garbage
I would not be shocked to see Letcher County Central upset Corbin but I would also not be shocked by an easy Corbin win either. LCC has the talent to beat Corbin or Johnson Central but they will need to play a nearly flawless game. But first, they need to remember how they played in their two losses and focus on winning tonight's game. It's hard to understand how such a good team lost to David Crockett and Hazard.
Good Morning to you two guys LOL.    Smile I'm listening but I aint buying it though. Pour me some more Coffee...

Letcher Central hasn't seen the likes of Kid Elam, Cameron 'Superman" Combs and Brody "Does Everything" Wells, and last but not least Jacob" Big Foot" Baker...Just to name a few...

Talking about shots fired......... You sound like you need a cup of Joe.....To WAKE UP!!! Big Grin
I will go ahead and say it, Corbin will give LCC a beating. I’d say a statement game for the Hounds. Game will be at Corbin. Won’t be close. Corbin’s on way different level. But good luck to the Cougars.
(11-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning to you two guys LOL.    Smile I'm listening but I aint buying it though. Pour me some more Coffee...

Letcher Central hasn't seen the likes of Kid Elam, Cameron 'Superman" Combs and Brody "Does Everything" Wells, and last but not least Jacob" Big Foot" Baker...Just to name a few...

Talking about shots fired......... You sound like you need a cup of Joe.....To WAKE UP!!! Big Grin
I'm sorry. I keep forgetting that nobody has the talent to match up with Corbin. The Redhounds might as well start preparing for the final game against Boyle County. Surely, a team as loaded with talent as Corbin will just be able to play a vanilla offense and defense against Letcher County Central or anybody else that they may face on the road to a state championship game. There will be no need for the Corbin brain trust to even crack open their playbook.  Big Grin

Johnson Central and Letcher County Central don't have the luxury of a lineup featuring the top talent in the state. Our teams will just have to continue to focus on the game ahead of them and then try their best to avoid getting embarrassed by Corbin, if they are lucky enough to reach the third round.
Always nice to wake up to some BGR hilarity. Thanks for the laugh.

I am looking forward to seeing the Letcher game because of their offense. It will be good practice for Corbin to face another competent offense before going against teams like JC , Spencer, and Boyle. Btw, Letcher's offensive line is NOT better than Simon Kenton's. And Letcher, while decent, is no Simon Kenton.
(11-04-2022, 10:42 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: [ -> ]Both teams win in easy games this week,warning shot fired Corbin goes down in 2nd week of playoffs,you heard it here 1st..Corbin WILL NOT be able to stop LCC offense,best online they will have seen all year.it would be a real challenge  to find a better 7 and 3 team in the state.LCC started slow thus year but are now rolling, HOUNDS GO DOWN! That district is garbage

Maybe and I sincerely hope your team is as confident in this victory as you are….Might as well go ahead and get that victory over JC in the 3 round today while your at it…
(11-04-2022, 01:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning to you two guys LOL.    Smile I'm listening but I aint buying it though. Pour me some more Coffee...

I'm sorry. I keep forgetting that nobody has the talent to match up with Corbin. The Redhounds might as well start preparing for the final game against Boyle County. Surely, a team as loaded with talent as Corbin will just be able to play a vanilla offense and defense against Letcher County Central or anybody else that they may face on the road to a state championship game. There will be no need for the Corbin brain trust to even crack open their playbook.  Big Grin

Johnson Central and Letcher County Central don't have the luxury of a lineup featuring the top talent in the state. Our teams will just have to continue to focus on the game ahead of them and then try their best to avoid getting embarrassed by Corbin, if they are lucky enough to reach the third round.
Smile I approve this message! Well Said!
Our team don’t look ahead. We have to get by Harlan 1st and foremost.

Letcher has a good looking offense. But they haven’t faced a great secondary either. Not even gonna debate you on their Oline. Yea they are good. Probably ranking them behind SK, and Pikeville as far as that goes. Take a lesson from us last year. Because you are beating some teams on a weak schedule doesn’t mean much.

And I completely agree with what hoot said. I don’t even know why we show up. I guess
To get our JV some experience. ?
(11-04-2022, 04:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin I’ll say this imo the way this season has gone with all the unknowns and the parity there seems to be especially in 4A , I think it’s a mistake for Corbin, JC, or LCC to look past the opponent ahead of them…Knox Central has a darn good coach if I was LCC I don’t think I would be taking anything for granted IF we both win tonight the Corbin / LCC matchup will be here soon enough
(11-04-2022, 05:13 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2022, 04:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin I’ll say this imo the way this season has gone with all the unknowns and the parity there seems to be especially in 4A , I think it’s a mistake for Corbin, JC, or LCC to look past the opponent ahead of them…Knox Central has a darn good coach if I was LCC I don’t think I would be taking anything for granted IF we both win tonight the Corbin / LCC matchup will be here soon enough
I agree with everything you said here. I am eager to find out how good all of the top 4A teams are because I think all of them have some big question marks and the only way to answer those questions conclusively is to compete head-to-head in a loser-go-home situation.
Lol
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e470ehdl690egwdlnal2....webp&ct=g]
I offered coffee and this was the look I got..... Big Grin
Well I don’t like to criticize our own, especially volunteers. But the coffee at Campbell SUCKS! It taste like burnt water! But I still appreciate the effort, those ladies work hard back there!

Since this thread is “looking ahead” I hope there is an upgrade to the concession stand. I don’t care about the actual building, but the items. Upgrade what they offer. Like central and their fish sandwich. Have a signature item. Root beer stand closes, have them do their chili. Or as many BBQ places around here, do a sandwich. Or something unique. I usually have to eat at the half or sometimes before, popcorn and the usual just gets old I guess.
I like LCC but I don’t see them hanging with Corbin. They are too one-dimensional on offense and Corbin will focus on stopping Little with pretty good success. Also LCC defense isn’t real good. Not to mention they lost to 1A Hazard in another stunning rebuke to all the class snobs out there.

Corbin 38
LCC 14
Class envy is such an ugly thing. It is too bad hypothetical wins against big schools with good teams don't count. That is all that is stopping jetpilot's team from winning a mythical national title.  Smile
I think Pikeville can beat Tennessee!
Going to give the Letcher Central posters a hint on the score for next week and this is early prediction.

Corbin 49
Letcher Central 07
Well from what I seen Corbin will put a beating on LCC but they still have to play the game and that football does some crazy stuff sometimes but I think 64 SUR has a pretty close score
If Corbin is going to beat LCC as badly as some are saying(and I agree it's fairly likely), then how did JC struggle so mightily against such an inferior opponent? Letcher was up on Johnson late in their game. Are those who predicting the Hounds by 42 points going to predict a similar margin of victory over the team who barely escaped Letcher at home and lost to a pretty mediocre , at best, North Laurel team?
(11-04-2022, 10:42 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: [ -> ]Both teams win in easy games this week,warning shot fired Corbin goes down in 2nd week of playoffs,you heard it here 1st..Corbin WILL NOT be able to stop LCC offense,best online they will have seen all year.it would be a real challenge  to find a better 7 and 3 team in the state.LCC started slow thus year but are now rolling, HOUNDS GO DOWN! That district is garbage

Corbin will absolutely smoke some cougar hind end.
Anybody got any tips on the Breeders Cup tomorrow.
(11-04-2022, 06:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don’t like to criticize our own, especially volunteers. But the coffee at Campbell SUCKS! It taste like burnt water! But I still appreciate the effort, those ladies work hard back there!

Since this thread is “looking ahead” I hope there is an upgrade to the concession stand. I don’t care about the actual building, but the items. Upgrade what they offer. Like central and their fish sandwich. Have a signature item. Root beer stand closes, have them do their chili. Or as many BBQ places around here, do a sandwich. Or something unique. I usually have to eat at the half or sometimes before, popcorn and the usual just gets old I guess.

I made up my own hot dog chiili recipe inspired by old Corbin and Jellico recipes, and it's at least as good or better than Rootbeer Stand or any in Corbin Smile
(11-05-2022, 12:43 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody got any tips on the Breeders Cup tomorrow.

No, but I want to place a bet with the OP.
(11-04-2022, 11:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]If Corbin is going to beat LCC as badly as some are saying(and I agree it's fairly likely), then how did JC struggle so mightily against such an inferior opponent? Letcher was up on Johnson late in their game. Are those who predicting the Hounds by 42 points going to predict a similar margin of victory over the team who barely escaped Letcher at home and lost to a pretty mediocre , at best,  North Laurel team?

Corbin is gonna smoke Johnson Central. You heard it here first. lol
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Going to give the Letcher Central posters a hint on the score for next week and this is early prediction.

Corbin 49
Letcher Central 07
I hope you’re right!!! I’ve watched a lot of them this past week. I’ll say on here that they are a good looking team. Little is a great player, and their lines are pretty good too. Their RB is a pretty decent player as well. Theyve got some good skills players too. It’s not a one man show with them.  But just how good are they is the question. I watched the Harlan game and they beat them soundly and listened to the KC game tonight. Once they got going they couldn’t be stopped. But I was at the Corbin and Harlan game as well. No offense to Harlan because I thought they played pretty good they were just outmatched. But our JV looked good against them too. Scoring multiple times, sacks, Int’s. So them looking good against teams like that doesn’t give you a clear picture. I think we’ll win because it’s hard to stop both phases of an offense. Some already mentioned their D, so I’ll say that im more impressed with their Offense than their Defense. I still don’t think their D is bad by any means. Got a good Dline! But in the end I don’t think they will be able to stop Corbin’s offense. We might not shut them down either, but I think if KC can get a few stops on them, we can too. Plus they don’t seem like an offense that controls the clock.  I think they’ll come up like some have already in some weird sets or motions to confuse us, and it might work, but eventually we’ll catch on and adjust and the game is on. I wouldn’t bet on our defensive scoreless streak continuing though
(11-05-2022, 12:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2022, 06:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don’t like to criticize our own, especially volunteers. But the coffee at Campbell SUCKS! It taste like burnt water! But I still appreciate the effort, those ladies work hard back there!

I made up my own hot dog chiili recipe inspired by old Corbin and Jellico recipes, and it's at least as good or better than Rootbeer Stand or any in Corbin Smile
I’m not a big fan of the RBS chili. Next time your over this ways, stop at Dixon’s market and try their chili.
(11-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not a big fan of the RBS chili. Next time your over this ways, stop at Dixon’s market and try their chili.
I've tried it before. I was talking about it the other day. I can tell you all the places to get a pretty good chili bun or hot dog from Pat's Snack Bar in Manchester to Dairy Dart in London to Conley's  Drive-In to Frosty Mug at Harrogate,TN to Royal Lunch in Lafollete,TN or Dorsie's Dairy Bar at Pikeville,KY Smile . I've also had hot dogs at football games at a few different high schools, and the best ones are at Jellico football games.
(11-05-2022, 01:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2022, 08:19 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Going to give the Letcher Central posters a hint on the score for next week and this is early prediction.

Corbin 49
Letcher Central 07
I hope you’re right!!! I’ve watched a lot of them this past week. I’ll say on here that they are a good looking team. Little is a great player, and their lines are pretty good too. Their RB is a pretty decent player as well. Theyve got some good skills players too. It’s not a one man show with them.  But just how good are they is the question. I watched the Harlan game and they beat them soundly and listened to the KC game tonight. Once they got going they couldn’t be stopped. But I was at the Corbin and Harlan game as well. No offense to Harlan because I thought they played pretty good they were just outmatched. But our JV looked good against them too. Scoring multiple times, sacks, Int’s. So them looking good against teams like that doesn’t give you a clear picture. I think we’ll win because it’s hard to stop both phases of an offense. Some already mentioned their D, so I’ll say that im more impressed with their Offense than their Defense. I still don’t think their D is bad by any means. Got a good Dline! But in the end I don’t think they will be able to stop Corbin’s offense. We might not shut them down either, but I think if KC can get a few stops on them, we can too. Plus they don’t seem like an offense that controls the clock.  I think they’ll come up like some have already in some weird sets or motions to confuse us, and it might work, but eventually we’ll catch on and adjust and the game is on. I wouldn’t bet on our defensive scoreless streak continuing though
Their defense will probably have to be at least almost as stingy as it has been in the next 2-3 games. I don't think Letcher County can put up big numbers against Corbin like they have been against other opponents.
(11-05-2022, 04:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

I've tried it before. I was talking about it the other day. I can tell you all the places to get a pretty good chili bun or hot dog from Pat's Snack Bar in Manchester to Dairy Dart in London to Conley's  Drive-In to Frosty Mug at Harrogate,TN to Royal Lunch in Lafollete,TN or Dorsie's Dairy Bar at Pikeville,KY Smile . I've also had hot dogs at football games at a few different high schools, and the best ones are at Jellico football games.

Dougie, did you ever tried Weaver's in London?  They make a really good c.bun.  Not sure if they are still open or not., Does anyone know?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10