•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
(11-10-2022, 12:11 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 12:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 11:32 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I sure hope the ego of the Corbin players isn't as big as their fans . If it is they will be in for a big heart break again this year. Then it will be the coaches fault again instead of getting beat by a better team. I admit that Corbin deserves the #1 seed, but respect your opponents and stop acting like Corbin is invincible.  Any team on any giving night can get beat. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

RE: Allen County-Scottsville @ Franklin County 11/...

Moorman score at will in this one. Franklin wins 35-7

RE: Corbin.... Why?

This falls on the coaches from a weak schedule not preparing the young men for games like this . I'm a outsider looking in. The preparation for this game was pitiful I feel sorry for these young men f...

You just made a big post about what Corbin fans are supposedly doing... These are your quotes when you said them and you now say don't blame it on the Corbin coaches when you did the same thing? Then whats the difference in making a prediction that you believe is a fair prediction? No different in the one you made when Franklin vs Allen County Scottsville last year? I'm confused, you can make a prediction and say stuff but if a Corbin fan makes a prediction they have a ego? Your words not mine.
I sit and laugh at the A$$ talkers. lol

Smile He should play pick em then, he probably wouldn't last the whole season...
(11-09-2022, 10:46 PM)HCS Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll bet never in its "storied" history has Letcher had more conversation made about one of its upcoming games. That's what happens ,Letcher, when you play Corbin.  Good luck Friday. You're gonna need it.

Letcher played in the regional finals three straight years - 2007 to 2009. Not a bad start for any football program.

That's nice but , more importantly, could someone tell me what a Cougar Jack is? Someone say they were planning on doing Cougar jacks on Corbin's field on Friday.
(11-09-2022, 11:32 PM)True pioneer Wrote: I sure hope the ego of the Corbin players isn't as big as their fans . If it is they will be in for a big heart break again this year. Then it will be the coaches fault again instead of getting beat by a better team. I admit that Corbin deserves the #1 seed, but respect your opponents and stop acting like Corbin is invincible.  Any team on any giving night can get beat. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.
Please show me where anyone is acting like Corbin is invincible. I’ve said this whole week that Letcher s going To give us a ball game?
(11-10-2022, 12:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

This falls on the coaches from a weak schedule not preparing the young men for games like this . I'm a outsider looking in. The preparation for this game was pitiful I feel sorry for these young men f...

You just made a big post about what Corbin fans are supposedly doing... These are your quotes when you said them and you now say don't blame it on the Corbin coaches when you did the same thing? Then whats the difference in making a prediction that you believe is a fair prediction? No different in the one you made when Franklin vs Allen County Scottsville last year? I'm confused, you can make a prediction and say stuff but if a Corbin fan makes a prediction they have a ego? Your words not mine.

Smile He should play pick em then, he probably wouldn't last the whole season...
Don’t call people out on their hypocrisy!!! Because they’ll just do it again and accuse you of ranting and raving when that’s all they’ve done for a month. Problem is people don’t want to admit when they’re wrong. Or have been proved wrong. But yea it’s cool for everyone else to do it, but when a Corbin fan does it, NOPE. Then they’ll dance around being a hypocrite. But it’s all good. Give me a some good laughs at
The delusion

but back to reality and not someone’s delusions. Yea I seen that too. Ive tried to find what a cougar jack is, to no avail. If this storm coming don’t move out they might be doing cougar slip and slides
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Nygfan106wins
(11-10-2022, 12:49 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 12:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Don’t call people out on their hypocrisy!!! Because they’ll just do it again and accuse you of ranting and raving when that’s all they’ve done for a month. Problem is people don’t want to admit when they’re wrong. Or have been proved wrong. But yea it’s cool for everyone else to do it, but when a Corbin fan does it, NOPE. Then they’ll dance around being a hypocrite. But it’s all good. Give me a some good laughs at
The delusion

but back to reality and not someone’s delusions. Yea I seen that too. Ive tried to find what a cougar jack is, to no avail. If this storm coming don’t move out they might be doing cougar slip and slides
You might want to reread your own posts before you call anybody a hypocrite. You have done nothing but disparage Johnson Central this entire season. Maybe another early exit from the playoffs would teach you to be more respectful, but I really doubt it. I really hate it when a fan or two make it difficult to pull for a mountain team. I will try to get behind Corbin if they advance to the semifinals, despite the ranting and raving of a couple of arrogant fans. Overall, Corbin seems to have knowledgeable and reasonable fans.
HAHAHA. WOWWWWWWWWWWWW. REASONABLE AND RESPECT HAHAHAH. Thats the cat calling the kettle black. Please PM what Ive said about JC because Im done with you on here. It was funny. But now its just kinda sad. I'm not gonna prove you wrong again and again. Everyone can go look back at what youve said and then wanna try to play the victim. But you keep thinking that. I'm gonna talk about Letcher and corbin now because its not even a challenge anymore.

Running Wild, whats a cougar Jack?
(11-10-2022, 01:18 AM)Hound05 Wrote: HAHAHA. WOWWWWWWWWWWWW. REASONABLE AND RESPECT HAHAHAH. Thats the cat calling the kettle black. Please PM what Ive said about JC because Im done with you on here. It was funny. But now its just kinda sad. I'm not gonna prove you wrong again and again. Everyone can go look back at what youve said and then wanna try to play the victim. But you keep thinking that. I'm gonna talk about Letcher and corbin now because its not even a challenge anymore.

Running Wild, whats a cougar Jack?
I hope that you are really done with me because I am really tired of reading your rants. So, please keep your word and just ignore my posts in the future. Thank you in advance!
probably tired of being made to look like youre talking out both sides of your mouth but ok. Its not rants if its factual and backed up with proof. ;). I'm more of a evidence guy over opinions, but enough about me haha......

After watching a lot of LCC, I'm starting to like their offense sets. Dont agree with the plays they run out of them a lot, but i guess if i had Little at QB im gonna use the heck out of him. But they do a very good job of confusing the defenders coverage by running wheel routes and a lot of underneath stuff. Like Bull said to, they get the defense to spread out so they can slam it up the middle. All of that said, where did Junior Matthews come from? Is he a hometown boy? Did he play anywhere? Coach anywhere? or is this his first HC job?
(11-10-2022, 01:18 AM)Hound05 Wrote: whats a cougar Jack?

I would assume it’s the whole team doing jumping jacks and spelling out cougars. I’ve seen lots of teams do that with their mascot name
(11-10-2022, 01:54 AM)fansville Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:18 AM)Hound05 Wrote: whats a cougar Jack?

I would assume it’s the whole team doing jumping jacks and spelling out cougars. I’ve seen lots of teams do that with their mascot name
ahhh okk.. makes sense.. I was kinda hoping in my mind it was gonna be something cool like Miami stomping out the logo at mid field. Or who ever it was that took their flag and drove it in the other teams 50 yard line. Just hope emotions dont get out of control friday. You see more and more of it now. A few years ago I almost expected something would happen in the playoffs when we played bell co. I think Clay co and Wayne had a few incidents last friday. Kids are already suspended for next years season. I dont see any of that going on this week. from what i can tell both teams keep their lid on. We have had a few celebration or "unsportsmanlike" calls this year. But thats just the nature of high school now. 20 years ago the coach would have beat you haha.
(11-10-2022, 01:54 AM)Hound05 Wrote: probably tired of being made to look like youre talking out both sides of your mouth but ok. Its not rants if its factual and backed up with proof. Wink. I'm more of a evidence guy over opinions, but enough about me haha......

After watching a lot of LCC, I'm starting to like their offense sets. Dont agree with the plays they run out of them a lot, but i guess if i had Little at QB im gonna use the heck out of him.  But they do a very good job of confusing the defenders coverage by running wheel routes and a lot of underneath stuff. Like Bull said to, they get the defense to spread out so they can slam it up the middle. All of that said, where did Junior Matthews come from? Is he a hometown boy? Did he play anywhere? Coach anywhere? or is this his first HC job?
That didn't last long you don't seem to be able to stop running your mouth. Opinions i are all you've got. You can't prove an opinion.
Ive posted numerous facts to refute what youve said, but ok. Again, its not a challenge anymore. Back to the game honey
Rain and wind: Corbin 34 LCC 14

Clear: 46-14

This thread has made my day!!
(11-10-2022, 02:27 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 01:54 AM)Hound05 Wrote: probably tired of being made to look like youre talking out both sides of your mouth but ok. Its not rants if its factual and backed up with proof. Wink. I'm more of a evidence guy over opinions, but enough about me haha......

After watching a lot of LCC, I'm starting to like their offense sets. Dont agree with the plays they run out of them a lot, but i guess if i had Little at QB im gonna use the heck out of him.  But they do a very good job of confusing the defenders coverage by running wheel routes and a lot of underneath stuff. Like Bull said to, they get the defense to spread out so they can slam it up the middle. All of that said, where did Junior Matthews come from? Is he a hometown boy? Did he play anywhere? Coach anywhere? or is this his first HC job?
That didn't last long you don't seem to be able to stop running your mouth. Opinions i are all you've got. You can't prove an opinion.

I like trash talk ,but Hound is one of the coolest posters on here. I've noticed you like to whine everytime a person doesn't agree with you and say your team is going to win. lol
Hey I’ve got a great idea. Now here me out , it’s a fair stretch of the imagination since I’m going on a few hours of sleep. Here we go. If you don’t like hearing ppl from Corbin , talk about Corbin , think their team is going to win every game by 100 then don’t read posts that are about Corbin! I hope that made sense , but you can very easily start a thread or respond on your own teams page. I know that’s confusing , but please try to grasp that concept.  
And I promise you this , if any team decides to dance on the “C “ at our field you better be prepared to pack a ass whooping back from whence you came from. We don’t play that down here! 
With that said hounds by 3 td’s
[-] The following 3 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, Old School Hound
(11-10-2022, 06:35 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I like trash talk ,but Hound is one of the coolest posters on here. I've noticed you like to whine everytime a person doesn't agree with you and say your team is going to win. lol

Trash talk can actually be fun. Apparently, Larry Bird was a trash talking Hall of Famer. If a person is going to engage in some good-natured trash talk, it is important to have a good sense of humor and to not take everything in life so seriously or perceive every comment as a personal attack. Dougie, you and Hound5 are really fun posters because you guys are just that--- a lot of fun. You have great sense of humors, are engaging, and you don't view everyone who disagrees with you as someone deserving of personal insult. I appreciate someone I can disagree with on a myriad of issues but still like personally. On the other hand, there are those that you just can't have fun with because they view life through such a serious lens. They want to make everyone as miserable as they are.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
(11-10-2022, 09:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Trash talk can actually be fun. Apparently, Larry Bird was a trash talking Hall of Famer. If a person is going to engage in some good-natured trash talk, it is important to have a good sense of humor and to not take everything in life so seriously or perceive every comment as a personal attack. Dougie, you and Hound5 are really fun posters because you guys are just that--- a lot of fun. You have great sense of humors, are engaging, and you don't view everyone who disagrees with you as someone deserving of personal insult. I appreciate someone I can disagree with on a myriad of issues but still like personally. On the other hand, there are those that you just can't have fun with because they view life through such a serious lens. They want to make everyone as miserable as they are.

It's funny that you say that. I've been watching a lot olf old videos of larry Bird talking trash and he was my favorite basketball player. I fully agree with you. I like to have fun and cant be around people that sull up like o'possums if I try to joke with them. I just cant do the walking on egg shells thing. I'm used to being around friends that poke at each other and insult each other. lol.  I used to love talking trash to team mates at football practice. I was defensive tackle and I'd  talk to the quarterback or tell the fullback run it my way boy which I really dreaded for him to do, because he hit like a truck. lol. I dont take all this seriously and try to love most people. I'm not supposed to like Corbin or it's fans, but I've met a couple, and a lot of their fans are some of the best people if you get to know them. My mom was born near town of Corbin, so I guess I can be an honorary Corbinite. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
If Corbin looks over Letcher Central this could be a ball game. Letcher Central can’t have slow start to game and they known to sleep walk the first half. Cougars are good second half team. Never seen a team improve that much from the first half of a game to the second half of a game. They done that all year !!!! But if they come out slow vs Corbin it could get bad. If they keep close going into the 4 th this could be huge upset!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Statebound19's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson
I agree with your logic!!
Epic thread. Cut Hoot some slack guys, JC can beat anyone on a given night (except schools with more students hehe) and you don’t want all that crow if JC takes Corbin out

I think Junior Matthews was a great player at Whitesburg. I think his wife’s family owns all the Double Kwiks also but a LCC fan will have to verify. So he can probably bring a huge sack of money to the game
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hound05
(11-10-2022, 11:56 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Trash talk can actually be fun. Apparently, Larry Bird was a trash talking Hall of Famer. If a person is going to engage in some good-natured trash talk, it is important to have a good sense of humor and to not take everything in life so seriously or perceive every comment as a personal attack. Dougie, you and Hound5 are really fun posters because you guys are just that--- a lot of fun. You have great sense of humors, are engaging, and you don't view everyone who disagrees with you as someone deserving of personal insult. I appreciate someone I can disagree with on a myriad of issues but still like personally. On the other hand, there are those that you just can't have fun with because they view life through such a serious lens. They want to make everyone as miserable as they are. Corbin did it for years. Tried to make us a ground and pound team when we either had the RB but not the line. Or vice versa. Finally they got a coach who not only played to his kids strengths but was Fortunate to be his style. 

It's funny that you say that. I've been watching a lot olf old videos of larry Bird talking trash and he was my favorite basketball player. I fully agree with you. I like to have fun and cant be around people that sull up like o'possums if I try to joke with them. I just cant do the walking on egg shells thing. I'm used to being around friends that poke at each other and insult each other. lol.  I used to love talking trash to team mates at football practice. I was defensive tackle and I'd  talk to the quarterback or tell the fullback run it my way boy which I really dreaded for him to do, because he hit like a truck. lol. I dont take all this seriously and try to love most people. I'm not supposed to like Corbin or it's fans, but I've met a couple, and a lot of their fans are some of the best people if you get to know them. My mom was born near town of Corbin, so I guess I can be an honorary Corbinite. lol
Have you all ever watched the Spike lee/Reggie miller documentary? I thought it was awesome. I never knew spike was such a big trash talker. Miller was too, but miller backed it up a lot. Can’t remember the name of it. But if you google search it, should be easy to find. 
(11-10-2022, 12:25 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: If Corbin looks over Letcher Central this could be a ball game. Letcher Central can’t have slow start to game and they known to sleep walk the first half. Cougars are good second half team. Never seen a team improve that much from the first half of a game to the second half of a game. They done that all year !!!! But if they come out slow vs Corbin it could get bad. If they keep close going into the 4 th this could be huge upset!!!!
I think the lower the scoring is, the more favorable the outcome would be to LCC. I know they’ve put up points this year, and like it not, disagree or not, Friday will be different. I hope they do the same thing they’ve done all year and try to have a basketball match with us. SK tried some, but it still didn’t work out. Corbin needs to kick it through the uprights and don’t give LCC a chance to take it out. If we do punt, I’d go for hang time over field position. But we’ve got big foot so we’ll do both haha. But I still refuse to think this will be a blowout or running clock unless they try to do what they’ve been doing all season. 
(11-10-2022, 05:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Epic thread. Cut Hoot some slack guys, JC can beat anyone on a given night (except schools with more students hehe) and you don’t want all that crow if JC takes Corbin out

I think Junior Matthews was a great player at Whitesburg. I think his wife’s family owns all the Double Kwiks also but a LCC fan will have to verify. So he can probably bring a huge sack of money to the game
Lucky man! You think he gets free double-quick dogs? Use to love them things. He might get 11 quick dawgs Friday. We’ll have to wait and see. Haha. But if this is his first HC job he’s done very well. Like I said before I like the sets he comes out in. Just not the plays he runs from them. But he’s giving his kids the best chance to succeed. Most coaches won’t adapt to their kids. They want the kids to adapt to their style, instead of utilizing the kids strengths. But I can’t wait to see how matthews executes his gameplan Friday

Yeah, my mom was a Baker(dad was a candlestick maker...j/k lol) , my mom's mom was a Proffit(it didn't profit her much), my dad's mom was a Smith from the Meadow Creek area, and I'm also kin to the Jones' . So we are probably related in some shape or fashion. LOL

I agree that it's not a good idea to write anyone off once you get into the second and third rounds. Sure, there will be games with clear favorites but if those favorites are looking ahead, the opposing team will likely be good enough to pull the upset. I've seen it happen many times. That said, I'll be surprised to see Letcher doing any Cougar jacks after the game on Campbell Field. The only cougars doing any jacking Friday night will be found at the Starlite in Jellico.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
You dropping the star lite, you’re showing your age! what we should have done if it was still running like ole days, take our Dline, drop them off, come back in 3 hours. If they come out they’ll be starting because they wouldn’t face any competition as tough as what they seen in there. And there is nothing any team could throw at them that wasn’t already thrown in there. I’ve seen knife fights, ball bats. 16 yr old kids drinking. It beat all I ever saw. Most of the time it looked the all the females who worked on the road crew finished off their day there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Old School Hound, Sgt Slaughter
(11-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:27 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: That didn't last long you don't seem to be able to stop running your mouth. Opinions i are all you've got. You can't prove an opinion.

Yeah, my mom was a Baker(dad was a candlestick maker...j/k lol) , my mom's mom was a Proffit(it didn't profit her much), my dad's mom was a Smith from the Meadow Creek area, and I'm also kin to the Jones' . So we are probably related in some shape or fashion. LOL

I agree that it's not a good idea to write anyone off once you get into the second and third rounds. Sure, there will be games with clear favorites but if those favorites are looking ahead, the opposing team will likely be good enough to pull the upset. I've seen it happen many times. That said, I'll be surprised to see Letcher doing any Cougar jacks after the game on Campbell Field.  The only cougars doing any jacking Friday night will be found at the Starlite in Jellico.

My great grandmother Smith lived at a lot of places including different places down 26 and 6 from Wilton, Woodbine on down to Jellico. She even lived in Bell, Knox and Harlan counties. Travelling around Keeping up with "The Joneses" at coal camps. Her brother lived at Woodbine. Starlite has been closed for a while Smile
(11-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:27 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: That didn't last long you don't seem to be able to stop running your mouth. Opinions i are all you've got. You can't prove an opinion.

I agree that it's not a good idea to write anyone off once you get into the second and third rounds. Sure, there will be games with clear favorites but if those favorites are looking ahead, the opposing team will likely be good enough to pull the upset. I've seen it happen many times. That said, I'll be surprised to see Letcher doing any Cougar jacks after the game on Campbell Field.  The only cougars doing any jacking Friday night will be found at the Starlite in Jellico.
I have two Baker lines in my family. lol
(11-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Hound05 Wrote: You dropping the star lite, you’re showing your age!  what we should have done if it was still running like ole days, take our Dline, drop them off, come back in 3 hours. If they come out they’ll be starting because they wouldn’t face any competition as tough as what they seen in there. And there is nothing any team could throw at them that wasn’t already thrown in there. I’ve seen knife fights, ball bats. 16 yr old kids drinking. It beat all I ever saw. Most of the time it looked the all the females who worked on the road crew finished off their day there.

You wouldn't believe stuff I've done, experienced and seen in Jellico. I've played a tough schedule so don't even think I'm skeered. lol
  • Hound05
(11-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Hound05 Wrote: You dropping the star lite, you’re showing your age!  what we should have done if it was still running like ole days, take our Dline, drop them off, come back in 3 hours. If they come out they’ll be starting because they wouldn’t face any competition as tough as what they seen in there. And there is nothing any team could throw at them that wasn’t already thrown in there. I’ve seen knife fights, ball bats. 16 yr old kids drinking. It beat all I ever saw. Most of the time it looked the all the females who worked on the road crew finished off their day there.
Lots of crazy memories at the ol starlite. Got in when I was 15 and never looked back. Lol. Only place you can dance , drink , meet really old cougars and have a great bar fight all in the same night. And who could forget the guard rail girls. ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Hound05

You're right about that!!! Weird, though, how those road crew vixons turn into supermodels around 2am.  LOL

My mom and her friends went to a bar called The Spot in Jellico a few times back when I was really young. Said she saw my Sunday School teacher down there a few times.   Blush   Sunday School was always a little weird after that revelation.  LOL
(11-10-2022, 09:29 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Hey I’ve got a great idea. Now here me out , it’s a fair stretch of the imagination since I’m going on a few hours of sleep. Here we go. If you don’t like hearing ppl from Corbin , talk about Corbin , think their team is going to win every game by 100 then don’t read posts that are about Corbin! I hope that made sense , but you can very easily start a thread or respond on your own teams page. I know that’s confusing , but please try to grasp that concept.  
And I promise you this , if any team decides to dance on the “C “ at our field you better be prepared to pack a ass whooping back from whence you came from. We don’t play that down here! 
With that said hounds by 3 td’s

You got that right. Mess with the C and Mr. B will kick your A.
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-10-2022, 05:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Epic thread. Cut Hoot some slack guys, JC can beat anyone on a given night (except schools with more students hehe) and you don’t want all that crow if JC takes Corbin out

I like crow. You know Corbin is gonna tear some hind end up.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next