Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
51.35%
Corbin
48.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pikeville vs Corbin 2024
(08-22-2024, 11:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 11:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the two young Mountaineers don't play, I might have to revise my prediction by a few points. Could be closer that I originally thought if they are ineligible for this one.

Corbin will be very lucky to win with or without them. Pikeville has several players better than them on both sides of the ball. I hope they play, but might be better to sit them. If they have Brenden Anthony's cleat marks on their helmets in their first game, they may move back home to WV before dawn Saturday morning.

You're the Larry Bird of BGR... supreme trash talker extraordinaire. LOL  Hoping for a good game. I think it will be. It's very hard to come to Corbin and leave with a W, especially with the kids determined to show out and make their coach a winner in his inaugural game as a Hound. If Pikeville gets a win, just send them the 1A trophy now , instead of four months from now because no ones touching them.
(08-22-2024, 11:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 11:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the two young Mountaineers don't play, I might have to revise my prediction by a few points. Could be closer that I originally thought if they are ineligible for this one.

Corbin will be very lucky to win with or without them. Pikeville has several players better than them on both sides of the ball. I hope they play, but might be better to sit them. If they have Brenden Anthony's cleat marks on their helmets in their first game, they may move back home to WV before dawn Saturday morning.

You're the Larry Bird of BGR... supreme trash talker extraordinaire. LOL  Hoping for a good game. I think it will be. It's very hard to come to Corbin and leave with a W, especially with the kids determined to show out and make their coach a winner in his inaugural game as a Hound. If Pikeville gets a win, just send them the 1A trophy now , instead of four months from now because no ones touching them.

Thank you OSH! Pikeville has 16-0 and 34-0 wins at Corbin in their last 3 games there. And hoping that Corbin kids (and WV kids too he he) will be more determined than Pikeville kids...good luck with that. And Pikeville coach has 5 state championships to Corbin new coach's zero, so there is that...

I'm a Corbin fan starting Saturday, hope the Redhounds are raising the trophy at Kroger...
(08-23-2024, 12:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Thank you OSH! Pikeville has 16-0 and 34-0 wins at Corbin in their last 3 games there. And hoping that Corbin kids (and WV kids too he he) will be more determined than Pikeville kids...good luck with that. And Pikeville coach has 5 state championships to Corbin new coach's zero, so there is that...

I'm a Corbin fan starting Saturday, hope the Redhounds are raising the trophy at Kroger...
I root for Pikeville, except when they play the Hounds.  I hold all of our old AA rivals in high regard and root for all of them:  Pikeville, Mayfield , Middlesboro, Somerset...
All we need now is PJDoug and we would have three of the best trash talkers on rivals and for the game I hope Pikeville wins but I for one played there and we got the L it’s definitely a tough place to play
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot, pjdoug
(08-23-2024, 12:29 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: All we need now is PJDoug and we would have  three of the best trash talkers on rivals and for the game I hope Pikeville wins but I for one played there and we got the L it’s definitely a tough place to play

Definitely P1! Very tough there. Whoever wins is off to a great start and whoever loses is better for having played the game.
In all seriousness the most important thing is hopefully no injuries on either side. Huge game but Kroger is way down the road.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Boomer, Granny Bear, Patriot1
I agree with this. Pikeville is loaded more than ever but impossible to replace Sam Wright at safety. But if the DBs and safety play well against Corbin, Pikeville will win...

https://www.wymt.com/2024/08/22/watch-dq...countdown/
This is awesome

https://www.facebook.com/YourMountainTop...805538801/
It seems like it was 60 days to go no time ago and now it's GAME DAY!!!!  Love Corbin-Pikeville football!!!! Nothing better in the mountains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Belichick
(08-22-2024, 01:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 06:47 PM)TeflonDon Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 02:52 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: To be honest, Corbin has a whole lot of kids I know nothing about.
They could very easily handle Pikeville, but I know more about Pikeville than I do Corbin. And Pikeville is good. Really good.

I’m gonna go Pikeville 28-21 but I’ll say if Corbin wins this game I won’t be surprised. Especially at Corbin. If Corbin wins and they win by 2TD+, I’ll not pick against them again this year until the Boyle game.
Answers like this kill me. Pick one team that comes out on top. Seems like your I told ya so guy but also if they don’t win you can say well I also said this and this bout the other team.

Your Teflon panties are what's killing you. Relax
I’m guessing your pikevilles head varsity powder puff coach?
(08-23-2024, 09:10 AM)TeflonDon Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 01:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 06:47 PM)TeflonDon Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 02:52 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: To be honest, Corbin has a whole lot of kids I know nothing about.
They could very easily handle Pikeville, but I know more about Pikeville than I do Corbin. And Pikeville is good. Really good.

I’m gonna go Pikeville 28-21 but I’ll say if Corbin wins this game I won’t be surprised. Especially at Corbin. If Corbin wins and they win by 2TD+, I’ll not pick against them again this year until the Boyle game.
Answers like this kill me. Pick one team that comes out on top. Seems like your I told ya so guy but also if they don’t win you can say well I also said this and this bout the other team.

Your Teflon panties are what's killing you. Relax
I’m guessing your pikevilles head varsity powder puff coach?
zzzzz
It’s Game day baby!!!!!!!!!Bold prediction here my player of the game is Mikey Hager!! Go Panthers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes infinitypanther's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-22-2024, 08:37 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’ll buy a bottle tomorrow

Thank you very much. I'm gonna send you a message.
Is there a link to watch this one online? I didn't notice one in the thread, but might have missed it.
T107.3 Redhound Sports
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear

I don't have his talent, but I'm a lot like Larry Bird. He is the best ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Granny Bear
I think it’s a safe bet to say Pikeville will be playing more players both ways, so I think the it conditioning will be a big factor. I really think Pikeville is good enough to win this game if the battle of attrition doesn’t get the best of them. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. Like JP said early, both teams will be better next week because of this game. Great matchup and I’m super excited to get my butt in a seat there and enjoy the return of high school football.
[-] The following 3 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Boomer, Granny Bear, Patriot1
(08-23-2024, 11:06 AM)know1 Wrote: Is there a link to watch this one online? I didn't notice one in the thread, but might have missed it.

I'll be updating the scores in this game.  BobcatForever is gonna be texting me throughout the game.  In case you can't find a live stream, you're welcome to stop by!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • know1
See y’all at the game tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Granny Bear
Early in the season is the best time to sneak up on a better team especially on the road!! If Pikeville can win the battle up front, hold on to the football, be solid on special teams and score in the red area they win!! Being on the road at Corbin if they do not succeed in all four areas Pikeville starts the season 0-1. If they can win in those four areas the rest of the state better look out because Chris McNamee will only improve this team as a season goes on!! Anyone know what Pikeville radio stations are covering the game or if it's gonna be streaming?! Thanks in advance!!
Will this game be streamed
(08-23-2024, 06:47 PM)Coach00 Wrote: Will this game be streamed

T107.3 Redhound sports stream. Cost $5. I'd suggest listening to it on the Radio not supporting that PPV Garbage for High School Sports. It's ridiculous.
(08-23-2024, 07:04 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 06:47 PM)Coach00 Wrote: Will this game be streamed

T107.3 Redhound sports stream. Cost $5. I'd suggest listening to it on the Radio not supporting that PPV Garbage for High School Sports. It's ridiculous.

As I agree it should be free. I'll pay the 5 bucks to watch the game myself. Id pay that in popcorn..  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • lunaticfringe
pass to endzone and intecepted by Corbin
big play to estep to 42
run for gain of 9 to Pikeville 49
End of 3rd quarter.

Corbin 14-0
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)