Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
PC wins at home on Senior Night.
Go take down J-town tomorrow Wildcats! This is only going to get you more ready for Rupp where your defense can wear teams down on the longer college court.
horrible call at the end. im not the one to blame refs. But announcer even said Justice was fouled.
either way, game is over.
Congrats to Valley on not giving up. good luck tomorrow night
PCC asserts themselves as the TOP team in Eastern Kentucky. Congrats PCC!
Hatfeild had 24 Points and gets MVP of the game tonight
Not really a surprise here. I'm actually more surprised that PCC didn't win by more the was SV shot from three. Good battle by SV. Tough game coming up tomorrow for the Cats...
Congrats Perry Central!
EKY Wrote:PCC asserts themselves as the TOP team in Eastern Kentucky. Congrats PCC!

KCC may have something to say about that since they just beat Perry.
EKY Wrote:PCC asserts themselves as the TOP team in Eastern Kentucky. Congrats PCC!

How did you come to this conclusion when Perry lost to Knott Central last week?
Good game valley. Still the call at the end could have changed the outcome of the game. Good luck the rest of the season

Not so sure that can be said. Like said, announcers were saying at the end of the game that one of Valley's players were thrown to the floor and that Elisha was fouled more than once. A 3-point win on your own hostile floor doesn't cement you as the #1 team in EKY. SV has been that team for over a year, a 3-point loss on the road doesn't take that away.

And plus, like others said, PCC just lost to Knott last week, who Valley has already beaten, on the road. Your logic doesn't work out. Valley and PCC are at the most a tie for #1, but Valley is still my #1.
Congrats Perry on a heck of a win. This gets the 14th region a little respect!
catfan1 Wrote:How did you come to this conclusion when Perry lost to Knott Central last week?

Was Shelby Valley not considered the best team in Eastern Ky?...and did PCC just beat them?...1+1=2...that's how I concluded it.
catfan1 Wrote:Congrats Perry on a heck of a win. This gets the 14th region a little respect!

It definitely does! But that still doesn't get the mountains any seeing Valley lose to another mountain team. Would look really good for PCC if Valley knocks of J-town tomorrow.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Not so sure that can be said. Like said, announcers were saying at the end of the game that one of Valley's players were thrown to the floor and that Elisha was fouled more than once. A 3-point win on your own hostile floor doesn't cement you as the #1 team in EKY. SV has been that team for over a year, a 3-point loss on the road doesn't take that away.

And plus, like others said, PCC just lost to Knott last week, who Valley has already beaten, on the road. Your logic doesn't work out. Valley and PCC are at the most a tie for #1, but Valley is still my #1.

Knott Central has to be in there somewhere. You cant put Perry ahead of Knott just off of this win. Knott beat them head to head one week ago so it would be a 3 way tie if you want to look at it that way!
EKY Wrote:Was Shelby Valley not considered the best team in Eastern Ky?...and did PCC just beat them?...1+1=2...that's how I concluded it.

That does not matter. Did South Carolina go to #1 in the SEC after they beat #1 ranked Kentucky, NO. Fluke games happen!!!
catfan1 Wrote:Knott Central has to be in there somewhere. You cant put Perry ahead of Knott just off of this win. Knott beat them head to head one week ago so it would be a 3 way tie if you want to look at it that way!

It really doesn't matter how anyone wants to look at it. The way Valley has dominated EKY over the past 2 years, one loss to an EKY team and you can't say they are the #2 team.
catfan1 Wrote:That does not matter. Did South Carolina go to #1 in the SEC after they beat #1 ranked Kentucky, NO.

Like I said, his kind of logic doesn't work.
Congrats PCC. I do believe though that SV will remain no. 1 in the mountain top 10, or KCC will move up to no. 1. PCC beating SV by 3 the way they did in a controversial ending IMO does not justify them moving from 4 to 1 that quickly, plus after losing to KCC. Just MHO though. logically anyway.

But congrats PCC, hard to come out with a win there, and senior night made that even worse on SV.
catfan1 Wrote:That does not matter. Did South Carolina go to #1 in the SEC after they beat #1 ranked Kentucky, NO. Fluke games happen!!!

Oh, but it does matter, we're not talking about South Carolina, who wasn't even considered close to number one, I am saying that PCC did something that no other team in Eastern Ky has done this year, and that is take down the giant. KCC couldn't do it, no one in the 15th has done, just PCC. So to cut down on controversy lets just say PCC-1A, SV-1B, KCC-1C, how's that.
Logical ranking would be 1.Knott, 2.Perry, and 3.Valley..Thats the way it would be based upon the past week or so with who's beat who. Although I think Valley should remain #1 but when you lose, you are going to drop in the rankings!!!
catfan1 Wrote:Logical ranking would be 1.Knott, 2.Perry, and 3.Valley..Thats the way it would be based upon the past week or so with who's beat who. Although I think Valley should remain #1 but when you lose, you are going to drop in the rankings!!!

I agree with this.
What happened at the end? Did not get to watch or listen.
Valley is still #1......to play against a good team(and their refs) at their home,on their senior night, and come away with a contreversial 3point loss. This didn't prove anything other than what everyone already knew...you can't win at PCC unless you just flat overwhelm them....and the refs,and the fans.
didn't expect this.

Congrats PCC, Way To Represent the 14th Region!
I called this by 3 good win Dores!...knott fans trying to make an argument about being #1..they would come ruin a good thread.
why put Knott in front of Valley when Valley beat them

Valley beat Knott, Perry beat Valley, KCC beat PCC
so 3 way tie is how it should be, but it wont
NYY10 Wrote:why put Knott in front of Valley when Valley beat them

:Thumbs:
NYY10 Wrote:why put Knott in front of Valley when Valley beat them

Well you've got to rank people according to current standings, I say Valley SHOULD still be number 1, but they won't. They'll move them down and KCC or PCC will be the 1, but I think they will give it to Knott since they are the current no. 2.

But rankings don't matter. All that matters is tourney time.
Glad to see others are seeing what happens at Perry besides us. lol (Can't wait to see what crap I get over that statement) And to the person who said you just have to overwhelm all of them, you are correct! :Thumbs:
No surprise really. SV fans dont get caught up in the best in the mountains argument because it means nothing every team loses. We have a WYMT Championhip and a ALL A State Championship. This was a game that SV was likely to lose and then you add in the J-Town game and it even became more of a trap game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12