Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Only one thing everyone can agree on:

The 14th Regional Tournament looks to be more exciting than the 15th.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Only one thing everyone can agree on:

The 14th Regional Tournament looks to be more exciting than the 15th.

Definately.
I am glad to see Valley go down! Finally a team from the mountains do it! However if this game wasnt at PERRY they probably wouldnt have won..I wasnt there not going to say the call at the end was wrong..just going by the past years...Point is SV should have beaten Perry by 15..However by the score it looked as PCC controlled the tempo which is KEY to there game!No the controversey of what to do with the rankings...I say Valley stays #1, KCC, PCC, and then corbin...No way Corbin should be ahead of them...I could see it Valley, Pcc, and then KCC...I just dont think that valley should move..they have played way to consistent this season to be moved! Again congrats to PCC on the big win!~
Everyone will see the play in question on Sports Overtime. *BUT*, watch right before Justice gets the ball.... Confusedhh:
I knew going in to this game it would be the battle of the tempos! and PCC done that and came away with W! Im first to say im a bit surprised with the outcome, i really didnt think PCC would slow them down..Im just going by the score, it looked like it was a low scoring game throughout! Correct me if im wrong
Brian Milam Wrote:Everyone will see the play in question on Sports Overtime. *BUT*, watch right before Justice gets the ball.... Confusedhh:

OK will do...Was it a bad call or not??Going by the past id say so...however SV should been up if they truely was the #1 team...however everyone has a bad game
I thought the difference in the game was the execution of the game plan by PCC. Hatcher had a great scheme by using Martin to bring the ball up the floor taking Justice's defense away from Valley. Also a very smart move going to Tyler Mullins on the high post. Valley was looking for PCC to score elsewhere on the floor. Mullins' six straight points in the 4th sparked the win.
Also PCC recognized the mismatches on the block and got some great inside out passes to shoot the 3. SV did not play their usual game but PCC had alot to do with that keeping the score in the 50's defensively. Valley shot poorly and if I know anything about basketball people are going to blame officials either way in a game like this. That was as good of a called game as you are going to get on the road in a different region. It won't be any different tomorrow when they go to Louisville. On the road you have to play through more adversity expecially when you play a talented team like PCC that is playing their last game in their gym before the home fans. This type of win for PCC makes them my favorite for the 14th and SV is still a lock in the 15th.
I have not said anything bout any of you all's opinions so I hope no one says anything bout mine...this is JMO but if these 2 teams played on a neutral floor 10 times that Valley would win 9 for I do believe Hatcher and Fugate are smart enough on that bench to at least win 1 game...agin JMO but other then big Cornett down low...Valley is better at all positions...people have to realize that it is at Perry where they will get the calls that the away team will not...it is that way at all games but when you beat a team at your home by just 3 when from what I have heard a team that did not play so well...and a team that has dominated the mountains for close to 2 years now...does not mean you are better then them and does not earn you a spot to move ahead of them in rankings...Valley has beat teams that IMO Perry can not beat...Valley should still be ranked ahead of Knott and Perry and Knott should be ranked ahead of Perry still for the last time them teams met...Knott won...sorry to all the PCC fans if this makes you mad but it's just the way LOGIC WORKS
Aslan Wrote:Read the update thread read some bs. Perry earned the win and it was not given. You guys are listening to biased radio annoucers and looking at it from there point of view. Justice did not get fouled the whole way up the court and he traveled and then missed the shot. The game would have been over if they didn't call the travel.
SV fans, you guys have a great team, don't make up excuses when they lose. It reflects bad on your school, example Knott Co.

Liked the way Hatcher told the ref with 1:17 to go in the half "We have 5 fouls, SV 0!" By the half SV had 5 fouls, PC still had 5!
PC got away with a 5 second call bringing the ball in an Justice did get fouled all the way down the floor. I was there an thats how it looked to me!
Congrats PC on the win!
good win pcc, sounds like hatfeild and jordan had a good game
Congrats to a well played game by two of the better teams in the mountains.
Yeah just watched it on Sportsovertime! No way that wasnt a foul! Def a foul either the first bump second bump third bumb or 4th bump...EJ had a saddle going up the floor and Amis was riding him!
Crazy Horse Wrote:I have not said anything bout any of you all's opinions so I hope no one says anything bout mine...this is JMO but if these 2 teams played on a neutral floor 10 times that Valley would win 9 for I do believe Hatcher and Fugate are smart enough on that bench to at least win 1 game...agin JMO but other then big Cornett down low...Valley is better at all positions...people have to realize that it is at Perry where they will get the calls that the away team will not...it is that way at all games but when you beat a team at your home by just 3 when from what I have heard a team that did not play so well...and a team that has dominated the mountains for close to 2 years now...does not mean you are better then them and does not earn you a spot to move ahead of them in rankings...Valley has beat teams that IMO Perry can not beat...Valley should still be ranked ahead of Knott and Perry and Knott should be ranked ahead of Perry still for the last time them teams met...Knott won...sorry to all the PCC fans if this makes you mad but it's just the way LOGIC WORKS

Ever been in a varsity game?
I have no idea why kcc fans are on here complaining about a foul.lol
greenstuff22 Wrote:lol. let me guess, a wide open baseline lob or path to the goal, maybe a break away 2 on 1? i know it wasn't a follow up or in someones face.

But it did lead to a win against Valley!
king360 Wrote:Ever been in a varsity game?

Could you beat them on a neutral court..Def a horrible call at the end! The SV fans hols your head up..you def do more at state..
Crazy Horse Wrote:I have not said anything bout any of you all's opinions so I hope no one says anything bout mine...this is JMO but if these 2 teams played on a neutral floor 10 times that Valley would win 9 for I do believe Hatcher and Fugate are smart enough on that bench to at least win 1 game...agin JMO but other then big Cornett down low...Valley is better at all positions...people have to realize that it is at Perry where they will get the calls that the away team will not...it is that way at all games but when you beat a team at your home by just 3 when from what I have heard a team that did not play so well...and a team that has dominated the mountains for close to 2 years now...does not mean you are better then them and does not earn you a spot to move ahead of them in rankings...Valley has beat teams that IMO Perry can not beat...Valley should still be ranked ahead of Knott and Perry and Knott should be ranked ahead of Perry still for the last time them teams met...Knott won...sorry to all the PCC fans if this makes you mad but it's just the way LOGIC WORKS

Knott County only beat PCC by 3 which IMO was a well called game. PCC beat Knott by 7 at PCC which most of you all are forgetting. Thats my logic.
king360 Wrote:I have no idea why kcc fans are on here complaining about a foul.lol

lol..watch the replay..as soon as it is up on wymtnews.com i will post it on here...adn have a debate...NO way that was a travel! He traveled but AFTER THE 5th BUMP DOWN THE FLOOR
The refs were awful in this game, they got so many calls wrong, especially the overload of no-calls on Perry's players traveling. The guy standing at the door solidified the "fishy" smell when he was handing out pizza's at the door and the Shelby Valley fans said save it for your refs. Many of us heard him say that they got the same thing from the same refs at Shelby Valley last year. It screamed loud and clear, it was payback.
theVILLE Wrote:lol..watch the replay..as soon as it is up on wymtnews.com i will post it on here...adn have a debate...NO way that was a travel! He traveled but AFTER THE 5th BUMP DOWN THE FLOOR

You are just jealous PCC beat them and kcc didn't get over it bro. Take your loss to Henry Clay and go on.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Knott County only beat PCC by 3 which IMO was a well called game. PCC beat Knott by 7 at PCC which most of you all are forgetting. Thats my logic.

Yes but PCC needed OT to do it, KCC did it in regulation.
theVILLE Wrote:lol..watch the replay..as soon as it is up on wymtnews.com i will post it on here...adn have a debate...NO way that was a travel! He traveled but AFTER THE 5th BUMP DOWN THE FLOOR

I watched the replay on WYMT. He was fouled like four times bringing the ball up the floor. Pushed and bumped the whole way until he fell down. Then they called the walk. I have no dog in the fight but my eyes and the video do not lie, it was an absolutely horrendous call. It was pitiful.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I watched the replay on WYMT. He was fouled like four times bring the ball up the ball. Pushed and bumped the whole way until he fell down. Then they called the walk. I have no dog in the fight but my eyes and the video do not lie, it was an absolutely horrendous call. It was pitiful.

yeah really...a person with no dog in the fight...says it was bad..sad thing is he hasnt saw nothing...it happens all the time at PCC
king360 Wrote:You are just jealous PCC beat them and kcc didn't get over it bro. Take your loss to Henry Clay and go on.

ill take the loss to HC and the win over PCC last weekConfusedhh:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I watched the replay on WYMT. He was fouled like four times bringing the ball up the floor. Pushed and bumped the whole way until he fell down. Then they called the walk. I have no dog in the fight but my eyes and the video do not lie, it was an absolutely horrendous call. It was pitiful.

EJ was killed on that trip. Like I said not surprised. Saw the video. Makes me recall the "phantom charge" on KCC's game winning shot back in january. hmmmmmmmmmm anyone besides me seeing a pattern with top 10 teams? hahaha lol jk.
theVILLE Wrote:ill take the loss to HC and the win over PCC last weekConfusedhh:

the win that DIDN'T have to go to OT.

lol that was not a foul, no possible way you call that foul at the end of the game with 2 seconds left, Justice was out of control halfway down the floor, he mite have got bumped a lil there at halfcourt, but still not enough too call a foul at that point of time.
theVILLE Wrote:ill take the loss to HC and the win over PCC last weekConfusedhh:

Cherish it..Cause it aint happenin again.:rockon:
UkFan23 Wrote:lol that was not a foul, no possible way you call that foul at the end of the game with 2 seconds left, Justice was out of control halfway down the floor, he mite have got bumped a lil there at halfcourt, but still not enough too call a foul at that point of time.

They did against Knott on the game winning shot, cost KCC the game. Had to go to OT.
king360 Wrote:Cherish it..Cause it aint happenin again.:rockon:

WATCH AND SEE MY FRIEND! that was a nice dunk tonight tho again for you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12