Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 60 Shelby Valley 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
OffTheHook Wrote:See man...this is where you are being wrong. When you speak EKY basketball....people do think of these THREE schools. You know Paintsville does have a Champ and runner up trophy in their case and 2 Mr. Basketballs to their credit. The main thing I was getting at is that you were trying to say I was Jealous or hated....You are SOOOOO far off on that! I want SV to succeed! I just wished the SV fans would just let these kids be human. They are good and will make the 15th very proud! But, you guys bring a lot of this on yourselves. I would LOVE to see them bring the BIG one back to EKY! They deserve it! Just don't accuse people of things that you have no clue of what you are talking about. Trust me...I prolly know more about them than you ever thought you knew. SO...:please:

Then quit looking like a hater or here every now and then. What does it bother you if a few SV fans run their mouth? You want them to succeed anyway. You should be happy with it.

Sometimes on here people should be happy that this many people cheer on SV.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Then quit looking like a hater or here every now and then. What does it bother you if a few SV fans run their mouth? You want them to succeed anyway. You should be happy with it.

Sometimes on here people should be happy that this many people cheer on SV.

I'm going to bed...LOL! I have NEVER looked like a SV hater. Just a SV Fan Hater. These boys ARE good. Just some of you think they can walk on water. Don't just bash me. Go and look at a CRAP load of these post and you will see what I am talking about. Almost ALL aren't directed towards the kids...just the high almighty fans. The proof is in the post! Plain and simple. Read them and you will see. Nite All!:zzz:
PC_You_Know Wrote:It definitely does! But that still doesn't get the mountains any seeing Valley lose to another mountain team. Would look really good for PCC if Valley knocks of J-town tomorrow.

Hey people it was a great game tonight with the game going back and forth. I'm a PCC fan and was glad to see us win but you can't take nothing from the PCC boys as well as the SV players they both played so hard either team could have come out on top with this game. The refs. is always going to make bad calls but tonight the game was called pretty fair I think, even if PCC had lost it was still a fair call game. They are going to miss calls here and there. Where the call on Justice fair call maybe not but did he walked first if so it was a good call if not then it was a bad call but really it was the way the Ref. seen it. The other night against KCC when we lost they were some questable calls but we still should have won. SV has nothing to hang their heads about, them and PCC are the 2 best teams in the Mts. If they played 10 times they would prob. split the wins. Go PCC and Go SV good game.
Congrats to PC on the win. I am sure the game was an intense playing game. But i honestly think SV will come out of Rupp with the Sweet 16 Champion title. Call it what you want....i am a 15th Region Fan...So be it...go SV...bring home the gold and make us prouder.
king360 Wrote:Gosh Hatfield is TOUGH!!

Hatfield had a good night but I've watched Mullins all yr. and night seems like you have to stay right with Hatfield and Mullins didn't the sixth man that comes off the bench for PCC did a way better job when he was guarding Hatfield than Mullins did don't know why, but watch number 23 in the first half guard him and he didn't score. Not bad monthing Mullins or anything heck of a player but seem like he was having trouble with Hatfield I kept telling my Wife in the second half why they didn't switch Mullins and 23 and let him guard Hatfield but anyway good game PCC.
Looks like Valley and SOME of their fans got a slice of humble pie in this one.

Congrats to PCC on the win. I can't believe some people were picking Valley by double digits?!?

BTW, when did the game with J'town get added?
Colonels Fan Wrote:Congrats to PC on the win. I am sure the game was an intense playing game. But i honestly think SV will come out of Rupp with the Sweet 16 Champion title. Call it what you want....i am a 15th Region Fan...So be it...go SV...bring home the gold and make us prouder.

Sv WON"T win the state title.

SV is good, but outside of the mountains they're an above average team.

The game with J'town tomorrow night should give us a better idea, but the only two legit teams they've faced this year (PCC, Christian Co), they've lost.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Sv WON"T win the state title.

SV is good, but outside of the mountains they're an above average team.

The game with J'town tomorrow night should give us a better idea, but the only two legit teams they've faced this year (PCC, Christian Co), they've lost.

Although I agree with you I think they have about as easy of a road to the finals as you can get so I wouldn't completely rule it out. However, Clark Co appears to be getting things rolling who they would meet in the Semis and then they would face a monster in the finals in Holmes,Scott Co, Ballard, Trinity etc. so, if I'm a betting man, I'm putting my money against!
Aslan Wrote:Read the update thread read some bs. Perry earned the win and it was not given. You guys are listening to biased radio annoucers and looking at it from there point of view. Justice did not get fouled the whole way up the court and he traveled and then missed the shot. The game would have been over if they didn't call the travel.
SV fans, you guys have a great team, don't make up excuses when they lose. It reflects bad on your school, example Knott Co.

This entire game reflects bad on PCC and only confirms what others have been saying all along.Arguably the best point guard in the state with 5 years of varsity experience and probably, no more than 3 walks called on him the entire season, gets bumped and pushed up the length of the floor before being knocked down and they call a walk.HMMMM.But, in the end, Valley was experienced enough to know that you don't beat a team at home in a close game.You have to jump on them quick,build a lead,and maintain that lead....and to do that, you have to hit shots. Congrats PCC and go Valley...take what you've learned and use it at J-town.

ps.The radio station is out of Pikeville and I'll assure you that they are not biased toward us.
hypersport Wrote:I thought the difference in the game was the execution of the game plan by PCC. Hatcher had a great scheme by using Martin to bring the ball up the floor taking Justice's defense away from Valley. Also a very smart move going to Tyler Mullins on the high post. Valley was looking for PCC to score elsewhere on the floor. Mullins' six straight points in the 4th sparked the win.
Also PCC recognized the mismatches on the block and got some great inside out passes to shoot the 3. SV did not play their usual game but PCC had alot to do with that keeping the score in the 50's defensively. Valley shot poorly and if I know anything about basketball people are going to blame officials either way in a game like this. That was as good of a called game as you are going to get on the road in a different region. It won't be any different tomorrow when they go to Louisville. On the road you have to play through more adversity expecially when you play a talented team like PCC that is playing their last game in their gym before the home fans. This type of win for PCC makes them my favorite for the 14th and SV is still a lock in the 15th.

I agree. :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:I'm not ready to say that just yet, SV has been more consistant and deserves to stay #1. However, Perry is a definitely #2. IMO Perry is a top 20 team in the state.

:Thumbs:
Crazy Horse Wrote:I have not said anything bout any of you all's opinions so I hope no one says anything bout mine...this is JMO but if these 2 teams played on a neutral floor 10 times that Valley would win 9 for I do believe Hatcher and Fugate are smart enough on that bench to at least win 1 game...agin JMO but other then big Cornett down low...Valley is better at all positions...people have to realize that it is at Perry where they will get the calls that the away team will not...it is that way at all games but when you beat a team at your home by just 3 when from what I have heard a team that did not play so well...and a team that has dominated the mountains for close to 2 years now...does not mean you are better then them and does not earn you a spot to move ahead of them in rankings...Valley has beat teams that IMO Perry can not beat...Valley should still be ranked ahead of Knott and Perry and Knott should be ranked ahead of Perry still for the last time them teams met...Knott won...sorry to all the PCC fans if this makes you mad but it's just the way LOGIC WORKS

There records against each other.
Perry 2-1
Valley 1-1
Knott 1-2
That seems pretty logical.
theVILLE Wrote:Could you beat them on a neutral court..Def a horrible call at the end! The SV fans hols your head up..you def do more at state..

You wasn't even at the game! Your talking about stuff that you know nothing about, as usual.
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah just watched it on Sportsovertime! No way that wasnt a foul! Def a foul either the first bump second bump third bumb or 4th bump...EJ had a saddle going up the floor and Amis was riding him!

Not at all. There was no foul on that entire play.
mrsportsfan Wrote:The refs were awful in this game, they got so many calls wrong, especially the overload of no-calls on Perry's players traveling. The guy standing at the door solidified the "fishy" smell when he was handing out pizza's at the door and the Shelby Valley fans said save it for your refs. Many of us heard him say that they got the same thing from the same refs at Shelby Valley last year. It screamed loud and clear, it was payback.

You aren't making any excuses are ya?
Looking through all THEVILLES post, it's obvious his hatred for Perry Central. I wouldn't even bother to read them to be honest. Waste of time.
UkFan23 Wrote:lol that was not a foul, no possible way you call that foul at the end of the game with 2 seconds left, Justice was out of control halfway down the floor, he mite have got bumped a lil there at halfcourt, but still not enough too call a foul at that point of time.

:Thumbs:
PATS2011 Wrote:They did against Knott on the game winning shot, cost KCC the game. Had to go to OT.

We've been over this. Davis would not have got the shot up if not for pushing off the defender. Stay out of this thread, I'm tired of hearing about your team and your excuses.
PATS2011 Wrote:I hope you knocked on wood. Actually I hope you knocked on a whole tree.

Perry has dominated Knott these last two years. We don't have to knock on anything. :Thumbs:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If there was only one incident of contact I would say yes but after the fourth time you have to call something. The only thing making him out of control was getting ridden like a mule down the floor. Nothing new in the Punkin palace at Amis High School

Your being very biased. The Punkin Palace? Give Perry credit and move on. It's not there fault Knott could not beat this same Valley team.
Aslan Wrote:Your being very biased. The Punkin Palace? Give Perry credit and move on. It's not there fault Knott could not beat this same Valley team.

dude.. you never go to bed, do ya lol..
House Wrote:uhhh.... why should KCC fans be more upset over this loss than SV fans? That's just crazy. Believe it or not if PCC doesn't win the 14th region I want Knott to, simply because I think they are the two best teams in the region and I want to see our region represented by one of the best teams.

Because they didn't. They hate to see Perry beat a team they couldn't.
NYY10 Wrote:dude.. you never go to bed, do ya lol..

I just woke up. Went to bed about one. :yawn:
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuses....Excuses...Excuses......OOOOPS!Still think an AllStar Team from the 15th can't beat them....lol!

They're GOOD...But, NOT Gods!

I will root for them till the bitter end. BUT, You Valley fans deserve every bit of this smack. Support them all you want. But, don't hype them up to be untouchable.

Keep your heads up SV Cats. Play the game the way you know how and don't listen to a word, your over zealous fans have to say. Take this and learn from it!

Pretty bad. The KCC fans are making more excuses than the Valley fans. Pathetic.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Looks like Valley and SOME of their fans got a slice of humble pie in this one.

Congrats to PCC on the win. I can't believe some people were picking Valley by double digits?!?
BTW, when did the game with J'town get added?

I know. I spoke of how rediculas that was the entire prediction thread and no one seemed to see the light.
Aslan Wrote:Looking through all THEVILLES post, it's obvious his hatred for Perry Central. I wouldn't even bother to read them to be honest. Waste of time.

Add PATS2011 to this. If there any jealousy in this thread it's the Knott Co fans. There defending a team that they have no ties with because they couldn't beat them. Don't be jealous of Perrys success.
Huge win for PCC. The outcome didn't shock me at all. PCC is obviously a tough place for visiting teams to play, and I don't necessarily mean because of the refs. There are a lot of factors involved. Congrats to PCC.
Colonels Fan Wrote:Congrats to PC on the win. I am sure the game was an intense playing game. But i honestly think SV will come out of Rupp with the Sweet 16 Champion title. Call it what you want....i am a 15th Region Fan...So be it...go SV...bring home the gold and make us prouder.

As an unbiased fan, there's noway SV wins it all. I think there a shoe in for the final four though. Very easy road for them to get there.
Anyway grats Perry on a great win. Don't bring excuses into the thread, Valley fans, your better than that. Knott fans leave your jealousy out of the thread and give Perry there grats on team Knott couldn't beat. :thumpsup:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Looks like Valley and SOME of their fans got a slice of humble pie in this one.

Valley... no. Most of their fans... no. Some of their fans.... yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12