Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Final.

Congratulations Boyle County Rebels!!
Congratulations Boyle County.
Congratulations Boyle County and I hate for the red hound faithful you guys our truely some of the best supporters of a team that I have seen and I really hate for you guys
Play your friggin athletes both ways in highschool football. Congrats to Boyle.
Congrats Boyle
Hate this was hoping for Corbin to win it all
As someone that doesn’t know Corbin or Boyle, I’m just a feller from Floyd County

Didn’t they get rid of Haddix because they said he couldn’t win the big game?
3 in a row for Haddix. I'm sure glad we got rid of him.
Best player from each of the championship teams in the last 3 years have been from a different county than Boyle county. Congrats all the same.
One of the best games ever, congratulations to Boyle co one heck of a game by Corbin
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]As someone that doesn’t know Corbin or Boyle, I’m just a feller from Floyd County

That's not necessarily the reason we got rid of him. But we chased him out of town for sure. He's not a good old corbin boy so he had to go.
I bet this win was extra sweet for Justin Haddix.
(12-03-2022, 12:43 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I bet this win was extra sweet for Justin Haddix.
And probably extra bitter for Corbin.
Not sure how or why my thread and post on this game has some how has just disappeared but I said in my thread I started on this game congrats on Boyle Co. winning their 11 state title.
(12-03-2022, 12:43 AM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]As someone that doesn’t know Corbin or Boyle, I’m just a feller from Floyd County

That's not necessarily the reason we got rid of him. But we chased him out of town for sure. He's not a good old corbin boy so he had to go.

Just a tough look for the folks that pushed him out the door.
Coaching WAS the difference ... And I was afraid of that. Dave Cox, you slammed your door on the man that would have won you multiple state titles. A lot of Corbin fans would love to have some words with you, and probably will over the next few weeks. You'll reap what you sow, brother.

Congrats to the Rebs and Hounds. Both gave it their all.

Worst special teams play I have witnessed in a championship game by two teams in 50 years.
(11-25-2022, 10:20 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, Thought this one would be a cakewalk

Well now since coming to Boyle Co. Haddix is now 14-0 at Boyle in the post season. Just saying.
Heck of a game. Corbin had some chances but just couldn’t wrap up. Congrats to Boyle and Justin. Now we can grab our popcorn. Things may get interesting.
(12-03-2022, 12:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Coaching WAS the difference ...  And I was afraid of that.    Dave Cox, you slammed your door on the man that would have won you  multiple state titles. A lot of Corbin fans would love to have some words with you, and probably will over the next few weeks. You'll reap what you sow, brother.

Worst special teams play I have witnessed in a championship game by two teams in 50 years.
Here we go I knew it wouldn’t take long for Corbin fans to start on their coaches lol
(12-03-2022, 12:51 AM)STIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 12:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Coaching WAS the difference ...  And I was afraid of that.    Dave Cox, you slammed your door on the man that would have won you  multiple state titles. A lot of Corbin fans would love to have some words with you, and probably will over the next few weeks. You'll reap what you sow, brother.

Here we go I knew it wouldn’t take long for Corbin fans to start on their coaches lol
Where have you been? Majority of us have been on them since Haddix was run out of town...and it's deserved.
(12-03-2022, 12:51 AM)STIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]

Coaches always get the blame. The game could have gone either way. Surprise onside was a great call. Baker had it and lost it on a hit. Game would have been different had he recovered that.
Great game between 2 great teams. Boyle just made more plays and Zemmeirman was in absolute beast mode! Can’t wait to watch that dude at UK. Congrats Boyle Co!
Way to go Rebels! Congrats bringing home another title.Haddix and the boys really earned this one. And congrats Redhounds on a great season and state runner up trophy.

BTW, i'm sooo glad CalPreps gets it wrong every now and then.
I hate it like hell for these kids because they SO deserved a trophy. The adults around them have failed them. Should have had at least one title in four years and certainly multiple ones in forty years.

As much as I hate it for these deserving youngsters, these Corbin good ol' boys once again got what they deserved... when you run off the best coach in favor of one of your own good ol' boys , you deserve to be nothing more than a bridesmaid. Thanks for everything Dave Cox, Steve Jewell, Corbin Varsity Club, Corbin school board puppets. Maybe we'll get one in 2062!!!
Congrats Boyle Co. on the win and 11th state title.
(12-03-2022, 12:51 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Heck of a game. Corbin had some chances but just couldn’t wrap up. Congrats to Boyle and Justin. Now we can grab our popcorn. Things may get interesting.

You have no idea how interesting this place is gonna get. I'll name names and post pictures.

Love these Corbin kids. Hate that they are mentored by mental invalids.

Pietrowski was open for a TD.
Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

And I by no means am a Corbin fan
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

We will get into some of Tom E.'s decisions later.   Justin outcoached him... CLEARLY!!!
Old School Hound, I have to give it to YOU, I can honestly say, when Corbin started winning, most Redhound fans conveniently stopped pointing out the fact that the administration failed these kids by letting Haddix go in lieu of their own personal agendas. You never let up on rightfully calling them out pretty much weekly. Good for you, you definitely haven't waivered like most have and will soon be back to bashing. Bash on brother!
I think we can all pick and choose different things to say that went wrong, but Ziesmer for boyle made the difference. He would not allow boyle to lose that game. I have to say one of the greatest non skill player performance in a state game i have seen.

Ps young elam makes old elam look good on the sideline, bad play calling overall but a killer performance by him and especially combs, very impressive on a bum ankle. I still ride with greer but a QB sweep 5 times for short yardage isn’t the answer.

(12-03-2022, 01:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

We will get into some of Tom E.'s decisions later.   Justin outcoached him... CLEARLY!!!
I don’t think there was a blatant outcoaching on his part. Boyle was evenly matched up front and maybe better at some skill positions and it was a knockout fight til the end but i don’t think he has much say in what elam calls. QB sweeps aren’t the answer unless you got a guy like combs back there. Young elam is a player and a heck of a kid but his dads puts him in tough situations and he plays his way out of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12