Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Both teams were very good and clearly the 2 best teams in 4A. Boyle won because of (1) Zeismer (2) Dawson and Quisenberry forced several missed tackles that turned negative plays into positive yards. (3) The failed onside kick attempt was a missed opportunity as well as (4) the Corbin punt return that was called back because of the holding penalty (that had no impact on the play itself).

If Boyle had to play the kids who came through their middle school system, Boyle makes an early playoff exit and Corbin wins its 1st state championship since 1982.
(12-03-2022, 12:38 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]If Boyle had to play the kids who came through their middle school system, Boyle makes an early playoff exit and Corbin wins its 1st state championship since 1982.
Coming from a fan of a private school such as Lexington Catholic this is comical.  If the Knights would have taken care of business in the 3rd. round Corbin wins it's 1st. State Title since 1982.
Anyone from Corbin complaining about transfers from other counties has to be the most ironic and funny thing I’ve read in a hot minute.
At least 3 of their top players on this team are from other counties. QB is a transfer from Knox as is their best player Brody Wells. Their best DL - Summers transferred this year from Fredrick Douglas.
(12-03-2022, 12:38 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Both teams were very good and clearly the 2 best teams in 4A. Boyle won because of (1) Zeismer (2) Dawson and Quisenberry forced several missed tackles that turned negative plays into positive yards. (3) The failed onside kick attempt was a missed opportunity as well as (4) the Corbin punt return that was called back because of the holding penalty (that had no impact on the play itself).

If Boyle had to play the kids who came through their middle school system, Boyle makes an early playoff exit and Corbin wins its 1st state championship since 1982.

(12-03-2022, 12:52 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone from Corbin complaining about transfers from other counties has to be the most ironic and funny thing I’ve read in a hot minute.
At least 3 of their top players on this team are from other counties. QB is a transfer from Knox as is their best player Brody Wells. Their best DL - Summers transferred this year from Fredrick Douglas.

How many players played significate mins last night on Boyle who isnt from Boyle Co?  I really dont know the answer so I'm asking.
(12-03-2022, 12:52 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone from Corbin complaining about transfers from other counties has to be the most ironic and funny thing I’ve read in a hot minute.
I could be wrong but I think that really good defensive coordinator and his boy that played last year was from Whitley  county.
All the crying of transfers from any poster or fan base is comical. 

Transfers happen in highschool sports, this isn’t new and throwing shade on a forum isn’t gonna stop it. Truth is, those complaining about transfers are probably supporters of programs who get transfers on the regular, or wish they did, or lastly, wish the transfers they did get were better lol. 

All of this complaining about transfers and I thought I was reading the coach Mays recruiting basketball thread Big Grin
About as many as the kids did for Corbin that aren’t from Corbin
(12-03-2022, 12:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Coaching WAS the difference ...  And I was afraid of that.    Dave Cox, you slammed your door on the man that would have won you  multiple state titles. A lot of Corbin fans would love to have some words with you, and probably will over the next few weeks. You'll reap what you sow, brother.

Congrats to the Rebs and Hounds. Both gave it their all. 

Worst special teams play I have witnessed in a championship game by two teams in 50 years.

I was really hoping that the kids could win this thing and bring the trophy back to Corbin because they really deserved it after losing two Region Championship’s for coaching agendas past two seasons. This was definitely a built different team than past Corbin teams. I was almost fooled by everyone’s closeness all season. I should have realized that play calling would be the difference and it was. Certain Corbin people should be ashamed of themselves for running Coach Haddix out of Corbin three years ago. Now Coach Haddix has the trifecta 3-Time 4A State Champion back to back to back beating Franklin County, Johnson Central and now Corbin in the big one that counts. The atmosphere at Kroger Field last night was incredible and as the game went on you could just see Haddix heating up on the sidelines. He’s flat out coached Greer and Elam and this one should show everyone in our town that we made a mistake. I for one want Coach Haddix to come back to Corbin and take our future Hounds back to Kroger Field because 4th and 1 go for it attitude is the difference. Great season for our Hounds with nothing to hold heads down about. Hire Haddix back please..
On the 4th. and 1 I knew Haddix would go for it being a offensive guy. Let the offense win the game. Little over a minute left and Corbin with 1 timeout left, it was ballgame if we get 1 yard. That was a No brainer! Heck last year on the first series of the game against Johnson Central, Haddix went for it on a 4 inches on his own 18 yard line. That took a big set to do that!

No one from Corbin is complaining about Transfers. Those are not Corbin fans..Get your facts straight before you post.
I’m not as close to the program as others. Quisenberry moved in from Garrard. Dawson always lived in the county. There was a talented kid from Corbin that moved in but tore his ACL in practice and never saw a snap.

For the poster talking about Middle School Rosters …. Do s have hat mean Boyle gets Moorman as a RB???
That call last yr in the Johnson Central game in our first series 4th & 1 was from our own 11!!! I nearly had a heart attack. One of the coaches told me after that Haddix said on the headset when he made that call ‘We’re gonna find out right now whether we’re gonna win this game or not…’. GUTS. Afterwards, in the presser, that’s what he said too. ‘If we can’t get a foot we aren’t gonna win the game anyway.’ He is incredible. So glad he’s here!
(12-03-2022, 02:40 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:37 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:34 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:13 AM)RunninReb Wrote: [ -> ]I am just glad the Corbin homers finally realize who the best team is. Corbin players played their tails off but their coaches were out coached.
Coaching wasn't what won or lost this game. What could the Corbin coaches have done to stop Quisenberry or Zeismer? Talent won this game.
Corbin was as talented as Boyle.  Corbin wasn't a talented on the sidelines.

Even though he never took one the distance, Corbin coaches kicked the ball to Quisenberry all night.  That's a fireable offense, in and of itself.
You're wrong. There was nothing wrong with Corbin's coaching. Boyle had more talent
I think it was both .... No one on Corbin sideline was matching wits with Boyle and Boyle county was more physical .sounds like Corbin problem is off the field the 5 they are talking about cox and company needs to no be involved in football
One of my favorite things back in the day was play Tecmo Bowl Football. After a few tournaments we figured out real fast the certain teams was just going to win and there was no stopping them. It was like there was a glitch in the system that allowed that one team to win. Thats what watching a Haddix offense is like for me. 

[Image: 200.gif#24]

Now, I wonder is he the creator of Tecmo Bowl too?
You guys that think you win because of talent won't mind when Haddix leaves. All of you must have been born in March because you're windy.
(12-03-2022, 03:51 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:40 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: [ -> ]Daddy wins again!
I honestly feel like Corbin was the much better team tonight. Haddix out-coached the Corbin good ole boys when it came crunch time. That's why Corbin will never win another ring. Haddix will continue winning rings until he goes to the next level. What could have been at Corbin.
The better team last night. Facts is facts!!
(12-03-2022, 01:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favorite things back in the day was play Tecmo Bowl Football. After a few tournaments we figured out real fast the certain teams was just going to win and there was no stopping them. It was like there was a glitch in the system that allowed that one team to win. Thats what watching a Haddix offense is like for me. 

[Image: 200.gif#24]

Now, I wonder is he the creator of Tecmo Bowl too?

I was the best Tecno Bowl player in the world. A friend practiced for a week and said he was gonna smoke me. I beat him 70-0 and he said I hate you .
Do all Corbin fans trash the coaching staff every chance they get, or do some actually support them?
This is a little off subject, but I was watching the KHSAA website last night and the quality was so bad, I came home! I splurged on prepspin for the Boyle/Corbin game and so glad that I did!! Prepspin is loads better!!! The delay isn't as long and the quality of film was great. Thank you Rebell55 for the suggestion. It truly was worth the $$$.
(12-03-2022, 01:42 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]You guys that think you win because of talent won't mind when Haddix leaves. All of you must have been born in March because you're windy.
They had 8 before him  Smile
I for one am thrilled with our current coaching staff and think we have the best head coach and asst. coaches in the state of Kentucky. Hopefully they stay together to at least their kids graduate from Boyle. Just in case that happens we better build a bigger trophy case!
(12-03-2022, 01:51 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]This is a little off subject, but I was watching the KHSAA website last night and the quality was so bad, I came home!  I splurged on prepspin for the Boyle/Corbin game and so glad that I did!!  Prepspin is loads better!!!  The delay isn't as long and the quality of film was great.  Thank you Rebell55 for the suggestion.  It truly was worth the $$$.

The quality was just ok, but I agree that delay is brutal. I was literally seeing updates what seemed like 5 min ahead of what I was watching on KHSAA. You would think if they are going to charge for you to watch it would at least be within 60 seconds of what is happening live.
(12-03-2022, 01:51 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]This is a little off subject, but I was watching the KHSAA website last night and the quality was so bad, I came home!  I splurged on prepspin for the Boyle/Corbin game and so glad that I did!!  Prepspin is loads better!!!  The delay isn't as long and the quality of film was great.  Thank you Rebell55 for the suggestion.  It truly was worth the $$$.
You're welcome Granny!
I can’t see any reason coach Haddix would want to leave. He was quick to point out last year in an interview when we won that this is what’s possible when you have an administration behind you that supports your program. And the boosters behind this program make it run like a well oiled machine. I truly had no idea exactly what that meant before this year but my son is a freshman on this year’s team and at times I felt like I was the one playing football. Almost everyone buys in. That’s what it takes and I’m not sure a coach is gonna get that just anywhere or be quick to look for greener pastures when he’s got that in front of him. I have personally heard coach Haddix say more than once that he’s where he wants to be, & has the best job in the state. He probably will leave one day but I can’t imagine it being for another hs program
(12-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]I for one am thrilled with our current coaching staff and think we have the best head coach and asst. coaches in the state of Kentucky.  Hopefully they stay together to at least their kids graduate from Boyle.  Just in case that happens we better build a bigger trophy case!

I'll go ahead and predict now, if Haddix is there for 10 or 15 more years. Rebel55, you better go ahead and get all your toes sizes now, becasue 10 rings on the hands, 1 toe ring, means when you get all those toes covered, you know whats next lol. NOSE RING. LOL.
Weak schedule and going 14-0 came back to bite Corbin. They needed to play some out of state competition or a team like Fredrick Douglas. Defense has been getting exposed the last couple games against descent offenses. Congrats to Boyle! I’m sure Greer will have the red-hounds back in the big one next year.
(12-03-2022, 02:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]I for one am thrilled with our current coaching staff and think we have the best head coach and asst. coaches in the state of Kentucky.  Hopefully they stay together to at least their kids graduate from Boyle.  Just in case that happens we better build a bigger trophy case!

I'll go ahead and predict now, if Haddix is there for 10 or 15 more years. Rebel55, you better go ahead and get all your toes sizes now, becasue 10 rings on the hands, 1 toe ring, means when you get all those toes covered, you know whats next lol. NOSE RING. LOL.
 I'm all out of likes Bull!   Big Grin
If I had a dollar for every time I heard a Corbin fan say haddix was coming back to Corbin last night , I would be filthy rich .
I made a promise; I will now honor my word!

CORBIN, fire EVERYONE; except the sweet cafeteria ladies. And if any of them are grouchy when they plop those instant mashed taters on kids’ trays…….fire them too.

Spend the money to get Mike Holcomb to come and clean up you all’s mess.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t know anyone from Corbin or coaches at Corbin, but a promise is a promise hahahahaha
(12-03-2022, 02:34 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:13 AM)RunninReb Wrote: [ -> ]I am just glad the Corbin homers finally realize who the best team is. Corbin players played their tails off but their coaches were out coached.
Coaching wasn't what won or lost this game. What could the Corbin coaches have done to stop Quisenberry or Zeismer? Talent won this game.

(12-03-2022, 04:04 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:28 AM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 02:18 AM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 01:39 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 12:40 AM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]Best player from each of the championship teams in the last 3 years have been from a different county than Boyle county. Congrats all the same.
Who were they, which county were they from, and when did they move to Boyle Co. You need to give specifics to back up that claim
Qb from last 2 years was from Anderson county. Quisenberry this year is from garrard county
Also, Dawson played for Danville.
Just for the record.  Dawson has always lived in the Boyle County School district not Danville's.    

You are absolutely right!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12