Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(12-05-2022, 12:50 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Justin would be crazy to come back to this hornets nest.  They actually support him there.  He don’t have to beg for  help.  And he has 2 of the best athletes in Ky back. They will be back to the big Dance and we will still be dancing with Dave, Guy, Tommy, Jeremy, Wayne, Steve, Paul, Greg and Jody.
On the surface, I tend to agree. It's hard to fathom how and why he would end up back here.However, guys like Haddix are wired differently than most of us. Guys like him are super competitive in every fiber of their being. They are always looking for a greater challenge. He has nothing left to prove at Boyle. What's the challenge? Drop to 3A and win a trio of titles against CAL?   He came so close to getting Corbin over the hump and breaking a near four decade-long drought. He didn't finish what he wanted to here.  He will be nothing more than another great coach in a line of great coaches at Boyle, all of whom won multiple championships. If he came back and won a title at Corbin he would not be just another great coach but a town Hero, a Messiah, of sorts. There is a large contingent of people in Corbin who love Justin and would love to have him back. There is no challenge left at Boyle. The challenge is fifty miles away, in a town that hasn't seen a title since the invention of the CD player.  Thomas E. Greer will never coach another game here, imo.  He had his one shining moment chance --- an undefeated season and beating his arch nemesis.  He failed. He should walk off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of his life away from the gridiron.  Now, getting the good ol' boys you mentioned in your post to step out of the way will be the big challenge.
You know after watching this state title game and the way that Boyle Co. played I am now even more impressed with how Frederick Douglass went to Boyle Co. just over 6 weeks ago and held them to only 6 points and that was on a trick play and held Montivan Quisenberry to only 18 yards rushing on 10 carries and only 65 yards passing on 18 attempts. I will say that over the next two years there is going to be some big time attention for both him and Deuce Bailey from Bowling Green.
(12-05-2022, 02:00 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]You know after watching this state title game and the way that Boyle Co. played I am now even more impressed with how Frederick Douglass went to Boyle Co. just over 6 weeks ago and held them to only 6 points and that was on a trick play and held Montivan Quisenberry to only 18 yards rushing on 10 carries and only 65 yards passing on 18 attempts. I will say that over the next two years there is going to be some big time attention for both him and Deuce Bailey from Bowling Green.

Man, that Bailey kid from BG was some kind of fun to watch!!!
(12-05-2022, 02:00 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]You know after watching this state title game and the way that Boyle Co. played I am now even more impressed with how Frederick Douglass went to Boyle Co. just over 6 weeks ago and held them to only 6 points and that was on a trick play and held Montivan Quisenberry to only 18 yards rushing on 10 carries and only 65 yards passing on 18 attempts. I will say that over the next two years there is going to be some big time attention for both him and Deuce Bailey from Bowling Green.

You really don't realize how beat up Boyle was at the time they played FD. They had lost four key seniors for the season , Bodner was not even supposed to play , Dawson got hurt in 1st quarter and Hardwick was just returning after being out all season. Not the same Boyle team you saw in the finals.
(12-04-2022, 11:25 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Since nobody else will, I’ll ask it. At this time, the rumors are already out there. If the whole Haddix returning to Corbin is going to happen (and it seems awful likely from what I’ve heard), is there a time frame? If they’re waiting on Cox to retire, it’d seem like they wouldn’t be able to make a hire until June. That would be awful late into the game. Those additions would certainly have to put Corbin in the drivers seat for next year.
Surely Corbin fans are not this Delusional I’ve heard this multiple times at the game Friday night.
I cannot imagine why any hs coach in his right mind would entertain leaving a program where he has everything he wants/needs, everything working for him and is riding a 3 yr streak of winning state titles. Especially if it was so bad where he came from that he was having to take care of the field himself.
(12-05-2022, 10:18 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot imagine why any hs coach in his right mind would entertain leaving a program where he has everything he wants/needs, everything working for him and is riding a 3 yr streak of winning state titles.  Especially if it was so bad where he came from that he was having to take care of the field himself.

Me either.   But I'm not Haddix.  What's left to do at Boyle? Nothing, other than continuing to be the last in a line of great coaches.  Justin will be looking for the next great challenge, whether it's coaching at the next level(college) or returning to a be place to a Savior of a program starved for a title.
I could totally get leaving for a college program. Eventually. But his kids are young & they have already started over once. I would think that would be hard for any family to consider doing again in such a short timespan. Not to mention that the current economic environment & housing market is drastically different now than it was 3 years ago…all realities that make the leaving scenario very unlikely. But, like I’ve said before I been wrong plenty could be wrong now I guess
(12-05-2022, 10:45 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I could totally get leaving for a college program.  Eventually.  But his kids are young & they have already started over once.  I would think that would be hard for any family to consider doing again in such a short timespan.  Not to mention that the current economic environment & housing market is drastically different now than it was 3 years ago…all realities that make the leaving scenario very unlikely.  But, like I’ve said before I been wrong plenty could be wrong now I guess

Well considering Haddix has been a major thorn in Redhound Football since he beat Corbin 51-0 in state championship in 2002. I can see him wanting to be the one guy who takes Corbin all the way.. When he was here his hands were tied on a lot of things but you can bet if he agrees to come back those issues won’t be an issue any longer. Had breakfast in same building that the five wiseman eats this morning and the talk has begun. Sounded like a summit meeting that may not bode well for some coaches if Haddix does in fact come back. In my opinion if Haddix comes back he cleans house with new coaches. Gonna be an interesting time in Corbin over next several months. Just a guess but I’ll say if Haddix does come back this year that the Redhounds will win the 4A State Championship simply because if he goes anywhere he’ll have 2-4 players follow him and that’s a fact.
Just for the record on my end, I have heard so many rumors myself. I most recently did some asking and these are not rumors, this is what I was told. "NO". So take it for what its worth. Haddix I was told absolutely said "NO". This was in the last 24 hours. NO, NO, NO, NO. I learned a long time ago, if 64SUR says NO, then its NO. So if something changes, WYMT will let us all know. I look for Elam to be the next Head Coach for Corbin. That's my 2 cents worth.
(12-05-2022, 10:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 10:18 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot imagine why any hs coach in his right mind would entertain leaving a program where he has everything he wants/needs, everything working for him and is riding a 3 yr streak of winning state titles.  Especially if it was so bad where he came from that he was having to take care of the field himself.

Me either.   But I'm not Haddix.  What's left to do at Boyle? Nothing, other than continuing to be the last in a line of great coaches.  Justin will be looking for the next great challenge, whether it's coaching at the next level(college) or returning to a be place to a Savior of a program starved for a title.

What's left to do at Boyle?  

Chuck Smith has 6 titles.  Haddix has passed French who had 2.  So there is the title number.  

Current talent pool at Boyle is pretty high.  Smith dominated in his 6 title game run and Haddix might wish to secure his name with that one.  

I find it very hard to believe a sane person would leave a successful program to go down a notch to an historical program that hasn't had a title for forty years.  If Haddix really wants a challenge, wait til a ST X or Trinity opens up and apply there.  That's the challenge of challenges with the support few others have.
(12-05-2022, 08:48 AM)back country Wrote: [ -> ]

You really don't realize how beat up Boyle was at the time they played FD. They had lost four key seniors for the season , Bodner was not even supposed to play , Dawson got hurt in 1st quarter and Hardwick was just returning after being out all season. Not the same Boyle team you saw in the finals.

This. Boyle had to play more than 3 quarters with their running back playing quarterback unexpectedly.
(12-05-2022, 11:29 AM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 10:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

What's left to do at Boyle?  

Chuck Smith has 6 titles.  Haddix has passed French who had 2.  So there is the title number.  

Current talent pool at Boyle is pretty high.  Smith dominated in his 6 title game run and Haddix might wish to secure his name with that one.  

I find it very hard to believe a sane person would leave a successful program to go down a notch to an historical program that hasn't had a title for forty years.  If Haddix really wants a challenge, wait til a ST X or Trinity opens up and apply there.  That's the challenge of challenges with the support few others have.
Listen, if I was a program serious about winning, you would have to throw the kitchen sink at Haddix. He will be a legend before he retires. Mark my words! Boyle though is in the drivers seat. He is already there. I think Haddix will be the top title man in Title town before he is done.
(12-05-2022, 12:15 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 11:25 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]Since nobody else will, I’ll ask it. At this time, the rumors are already out there. If the whole Haddix returning to Corbin is going to happen (and it seems awful likely from what I’ve heard), is there a time frame? If they’re waiting on Cox to retire, it’d seem like they wouldn’t be able to make a hire until June. That would be awful late into the game. Those additions would certainly have to put Corbin in the drivers seat for next year.
Coach Haddix will never be back to Corbin to Coach…………..I am 100% and add another 50% on to that.
I agree.  My dog has a better chance at winning the "Best of Show" in the Westminster Kennel Dog Show than this happening.
(12-05-2022, 12:26 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 12:15 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
Coach Haddix will never be back to Corbin to Coach…………..I am 100% and add another 50% on to that.
I agree.  My dog has a better chance at winning the "Best of Show" in the Westminster Kennel Dog Show than this happening.

Smile
This is what Haddix said on the phone. LOL.  Sick

I think all the rumors floating around Corbin of Haddix returning is nothing more than wishful thinking, from what I’m hearing he has absolutely no interest in leaving Boyle to go anywhere, believe me there are very few communities in the state that supports football like Boyle County does he has everything he wants or needs to be successful in football at Boyle County!!!
(12-05-2022, 11:31 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 08:48 AM)back country Wrote: [ -> ]

This. Boyle had to play more than 3 quarters with their running back playing quarterback unexpectedly.
Let's not fool ourselves.  In no scenario do I see Boyle beating Douglas this season.  Boyle got thumped but I do feel Boyle could have played them better and made it a game. 

Same as last year.   Douglas was better than a 34-7 loss just as Boyle was better than a 37-6 loss.
Congrats to Boyle, They find a way! I know I seen em do it my bunch. Felt like it was Corbins game to lose, and they did. Haddix had some wrinkles that blew their mind.
(12-05-2022, 12:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Boyle, They find a way! I know I seen em do it my bunch. Felt like it was Corbins game to lose, and they did. Haddix had some wrinkles that blew their mind.

Just thought I’d let you know that I never saw the talent gap between Corbin and Boyle that you spoke of, and I believe the game said something different!!!
I agree
(12-05-2022, 12:47 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 12:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Boyle, They find a way! I know I seen em do it my bunch. Felt like it was Corbins game to lose, and they did. Haddix had some wrinkles that blew their mind.

Just thought I’d let you know that I never saw the talent gap between Corbin and Boyle that you spoke of, and I believe the game said something different!!!

I believe there was, Boyle was just tougher and had a better plan and adjustments.  Either way a win is a win.
Haddix is not coming back !!!!!!!!
Send them kids to Somerset!!!
Lots going on in briar jumper country!!!!!
The next few days /weeks will be very interesting.
(12-05-2022, 01:15 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe there was, Boyle was just tougher and had a better plan and adjustments.  Either way a win is a win.

We’ll definitely have to agree to disagree on this, maybe your dislike for Boyle is clouding your judgement ?
(12-05-2022, 12:36 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I think all the rumors floating around Corbin of Haddix returning is nothing more than wishful thinking, from what I’m hearing he has absolutely no interest in leaving Boyle to go anywhere, believe me there are very few communities in the state that supports football like Boyle County does he has everything he wants or needs to be successful in football at Boyle County!!!

Agree with all that plus the Corbin fans making such a statement evidently have never been to Danville and Boyle County. Great place to live and raise a family, One of the highest rated school systems in the state.  On top of that 3 State Championships in a row.
After watching the game in its entirety, i’m going to say something nobody else has. It wasn’t greers fault. I watched corbin get drove of the ball and just punched in the mouth the entire game. This whole year i heard how dominant corbin was up front, and don’t get me wrong they were, but they were whipped in the trenches this friday night. It’s hard to win when it was that much of a discrepancy. It wasn’t just zeismer, it was hard wick, and the other side of the line as well. You know it’s a different game if anyone on corbin’s defense can tackle zeismer on that play, a coach can only do so much on the defensive side. Offensively was pathetic i’ve already expressed my thoughts on that man.
(12-02-2022, 04:56 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]Heaven forbid, someone dare say those things against Boyle Co

(12-05-2022, 01:22 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

We’ll definitely have to agree to disagree on this, maybe your dislike for Boyle is clouding your judgement ?

Man I do not even dislike Boyle. Now some of you guys on here are jerks, But I love your football team and its tradition. I want to see my team have one even better, Maybe in the next 20 years. Ever think your Love for Boyle may make you a little clouded? Most likely I am just a more advanced evaluator of raw football talent.... HAHHAA
(12-05-2022, 01:20 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Haddix is not coming back !!!!!!!!
Send them kids to Somerset!!!
Lots going on in briar jumper country!!!!!
The next few days /weeks will be very interesting.
What exactly is going on in Somerset that would make you want to move there?
(12-05-2022, 02:52 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2022, 04:56 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: [ -> ]Heaven forbid, someone dare say those things against Boyle Co

(12-05-2022, 01:22 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

Man I do not even dislike Boyle. Now some of you guys on here are jerks, But I love your football team and its tradition. I want to see my team have one even better, Maybe in the next 20 years. Ever think your Love for Boyle may make you a little clouded? Most likely I am just a more advanced evaluator of raw football talent.... HAHHAA

You’re a funny man and I’m going to leave it at that.
It is wild that Franklin didn't win it all this year. I remember their website they put out and they had damn near 20 kids that were D2 or better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12