Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(12-05-2022, 01:15 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 12:47 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 12:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Boyle, They find a way! I know I seen em do it my bunch. Felt like it was Corbins game to lose, and they did. Haddix had some wrinkles that blew their mind.

Just thought I’d let you know that I never saw the talent gap between Corbin and Boyle that you spoke of, and I believe the game said something different!!!

I believe there was, Boyle was just tougher and had a better plan and adjustments.  Either way a win is a win.

Agree.   Better plan and adjustments. It was Tom's game to lose and he did.
“It’s personal,” she said. “We had a lot of history with Corbin. This one was really sweet. It closed a chapter that we’ve been trying to close for three years.”  

Doesn’t look like a quote from someone going back to Corbin.
(12-03-2022, 01:04 AM)STIFFY Wrote: [ -> ]Great game don’t diminish it by trashing your coaches. Both teams were well coached and prepared. If they played 10 games it would probably be a 5 and 5 split.

And I by no means am a Corbin fan

I 100% agree with you. I said this same thing today talking with someone else. If they played 10 games it would be 5-5 split. Both teams played really good.
I wonder if Corbins big pitch to Haddix will be " we're getting turf so we won't make you mow the field anymore"?
I just don't understand why it is when you got beat by the better team Friday night it's the coaches fault. Both these team where as even as any two teams in the state. Corbin really impressed me great quarter back and a really good running back that could see the field about as good as any player I've seen this year. Then sage Dawson was as good as he has been all year long. Boydner he is just a baller. Tommy wasn't going to be denied in this game. Then there's quisenberry great ball player all over the field. Then Boyles o line and d line where just too physical. SO the better team one with their great athletes except it and move on
(12-05-2022, 11:26 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Just for the record on my end, I have heard so many rumors myself. I most recently did some asking and these are not rumors, this is what I was told. "NO". So take it for what its worth. Haddix I was told absolutely said "NO".  This was in the last 24 hours. NO, NO, NO, NO. I learned a long time ago, if 64SUR says NO, then its NO. So if something changes, WYMT will let us all know. I look for Elam to be the next Head Coach for Corbin. That's my 2 cents worth.

If Haddix said "No," are we infer that someone from Corbin asked him if he was interested in coming back? Sounds like "NO" is a response to a question. Did Corbin offer him the job or just send out feelers to test his interest?
Let Me say this to help dispel some of the rumors in NO WAY shape or form is coach Haddix leaving for Corbin His kids are here his wife has a job around here and his family is here why would you move to Boyle be their for 2 years only to move back to the school that supposedly ran him off Fans Love him at Boyle Players Love him and Administration would do anything to make the football team better also worth noting that I am hearing a Indoor Practice Facility is also in the works in the coming years
(12-06-2022, 12:18 AM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Let Me say this to help dispel some of the rumors in NO WAY shape or form is coach Haddix leaving for Corbin His kids are here his wife has a job around here  and his family is here why would you move to Boyle be their for 2 years only to move back to the school that supposedly ran him off Fans Love him at Boyle Players Love him and Administration would do anything to make the football team better also worth noting that I am hearing  a Indoor Practice Facility is also in the works in the coming years

Sounds like Boyle is some big ol' sh!t . Let me say this. If I was Haddix, I wouldn't give even a passing thought to coming back to Corbin, after the way he was treated. Unless, they said I could take a paddle to Dave Cox's @ss  every single day for the remainder of my tenure at Corbin. Now, if UK came a callin' and offered me the UK OC job, I would leave either one of these little hick towns for the bright lights of Lex and SEC football. Justin would be out of Danville and in Lexington faster than my kitty can climb my drapes.
(12-06-2022, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 11:26 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Just for the record on my end, I have heard so many rumors myself. I most recently did some asking and these are not rumors, this is what I was told. "NO". So take it for what its worth. Haddix I was told absolutely said "NO".  This was in the last 24 hours. NO, NO, NO, NO. I learned a long time ago, if 64SUR says NO, then its NO. So if something changes, WYMT will let us all know. I look for Elam to be the next Head Coach for Corbin. That's my 2 cents worth.

If Haddix said "No," are we infer that someone from Corbin asked him if he was interested in coming back? Sounds like "NO" is a response to a question. Did Corbin offer him the job or just send out feelers to test his interest?

I'll say this much, I didn't talk to Haddix personally about it. So I really can't say either way. I personally would hate to call the guy right now and ask him this and him celebrating a championship. The person I asked, asked Haddix and I reckon that was the response given.
The Only Job I worry about coach Haddix Leaving for is the OC At Western (The school he played QB For) outside of this I feel like no other high school could make Haddix Leave Boyle
(12-06-2022, 12:34 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 12:18 AM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Let Me say this to help dispel some of the rumors in NO WAY shape or form is coach Haddix leaving for Corbin His kids are here his wife has a job around here  and his family is here why would you move to Boyle be their for 2 years only to move back to the school that supposedly ran him off Fans Love him at Boyle Players Love him and Administration would do anything to make the football team better also worth noting that I am hearing  a Indoor Practice Facility is also in the works in the coming years

Sounds like Boyle is some big ol' sh!t . Let me say this. If I was Haddix, I wouldn't give even a passing thought to coming back to Corbin, after the way he was treated. Unless, they said I could take a paddle to Dave Cox's @ss  every single day for the remainder of my tenure at Corbin. Now, if UK came a callin' and offered me the UK OC job, I would leave either one of these little hick towns for the bright lights of Lex and SEC football. Justin would be out of Danville and in Lexington faster than my kitty can climb my drapes.
Uhhh do you realize the resume of people that are gonna and have applied for UKs OC job. More than likely cohen returns who is current oc for the defending super bowl champs. Haddix is doing well in class 4A football in kentucky I’m sure there’s a long very long list of hires before Haddix would be a thought. I could possibly see him being a QB coach at WKU someday maybe.
(12-06-2022, 12:53 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2022, 12:10 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll say this much, I didn't talk to Haddix personally about it. So I really can't say either way. I personally would hate to call the guy right now and ask him this and him celebrating a championship. The person I asked, asked Haddix and I reckon that was the response given.

Guess it's Jreg and Jody Botner's job for the taking , then. (The Icemen cometh !!! ) LOL   We're so plucked !!!
Haddix is Greer's daddy, it's as simple as that. I wouldn't hold my breath on Haddix ever going back to Corbin!
(12-05-2022, 11:01 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand why it is when you got beat by the better team Friday night it's the coaches fault. Both these team where as even as any two teams in the state. Corbin really impressed me great quarter back and a really good running back that could see the field about as good as any player I've seen this year. Then sage Dawson  was as good as he has been all year long. Boydner he is just a baller. Tommy wasn't going to be denied in this game. Then there's quisenberry great ball player all over the field. Then Boyles o line and d line where just too physical. SO the better team one with their great athletes except it and move on
All I read all week leading up to the game too, was how much more physical and dominate Corbin was at the LOS and in the box.
You can’t play the schedule Corbin played and pull off the W against a team like Boyle when you look at the schedule Boyle played. Especially when none of your team has been there. They had a really good team, I was impressed & thought the margin of victory would be 2 scores instead of 1 but otherwise it came down to exactly what I thought. Boyle’s experience and strength of schedule
(12-06-2022, 10:08 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2022, 11:01 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand why it is when you got beat by the better team Friday night it's the coaches fault. Both these team where as even as any two teams in the state. Corbin really impressed me great quarter back and a really good running back that could see the field about as good as any player I've seen this year. Then sage Dawson  was as good as he has been all year long. Boydner he is just a baller. Tommy wasn't going to be denied in this game. Then there's quisenberry great ball player all over the field. Then Boyles o line and d line where just too physical. SO the better team one with their great athletes except it and move on
All I read all week leading up to the game too, was how much more physical and dominate Corbin was at the LOS and in the box.

Look at the film and see what really happened. The Corbin offense did a heck of a job and actaully was the one bright spot that almost won the game. So to be so dismantled like some of you say. If Corbin was man handled, wouldn't the score reflect it? I mean, Corbin did a great job to stay in this game for the defensive game plan that was chosen which was a 4-4 the entire complete game other than 3-4 plays where they load the box with a full house like a goal line set.  

So when looking at this game from a chess match, Burns for Boyle was switching defenses and blitz calls the entire game, he went from 3-4 to 4-3 to 5-2 to all kinds of looks and Corbins offense you have to say did a great job because Boyle was bringing pressure. On the flip side, Haddix ran many types of offense at Greers Defense and honestly, Greer didn't come out of his defense like I said the whole night.  Corbins players on defense did good considering that there was hardly any adjustments. Im not talking about linebackers going from man to zone, Im talking about linebackers blitzing and walking up to the line in situations like 3rd downs or recognizing a situation to bring heat and put guys on the line or shade a side based on what you see from the offense. You have to try to stop what is working and the one stop that Corbins defense got was a interception. So when you look at what actually happens inside the game, the chess match was Burns vs Elam and Haddix vs Greer. Haddix dominated his matchup, Elam almost won his matchup. This overall was a impressive played game by the kids. There no doubt was so many missed tackles in this game, and you have to give credit to the Boyle kids Bodner, Dawson and Quisenberry, they flat out was hard to tackle, film shows it, then the Zeismer run, Now, tell me a coach that does what Haddix does? Unreal, the playcalling that Haddix did in this game and Burns. After watching the film, Elam OC for Corbin did a great job, its on the film. He dialed in the offense and Corbin was in this game because of it and on the last play he has a wide open touchdown play for Corbins if executed. This was a close game. Corbin was in it all the way to the end.
(12-06-2022, 11:00 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]You can’t play the schedule Corbin played and pull off the W against a team like Boyle when you look at the schedule Boyle played.  Especially when none of your team has been there.  They had a really good team, I was impressed & thought the margin of victory would be 2 scores instead of 1 but otherwise it came down to exactly what I thought.  Boyle’s experience and strength of schedule

I'm going to agree about scheduling, but to pull off a win is more of coaching preperation on both sides of the ball. If you watch the film, its as plain as day. Bowling Green, played the giant Frederick Douglass to the point of a upset if it wasn't for a huge coaching adjustment on the defense for Frederick Doulgass, Bowling Greens QB was dominating and Freddy D couldn't stop nothing, then coaches start blitzing and then see what happens, Ball Game. So in these Championship games, it comes down to coaches game plans and in game adjustments. Fact. Thats why Boyle won, they put there kids in a position to win. Credit to Haddix and Coach Burns deserves some attention, this dude is a very good defensive coach. Look at the film.
(12-06-2022, 11:00 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]You can’t play the schedule Corbin played and pull off the W against a team like Boyle when you look at the schedule Boyle played.  Especially when none of your team has been there.  They had a really good team, I was impressed & thought the margin of victory would be 2 scores instead of 1 but otherwise it came down to exactly what I thought.  Boyle’s experience and strength of schedule

I thought the "experience" thing would be a big factor. But, at no point, did I think the Corbin kids were "blinded by the lights" of the big city. I didn't see it as much of a factor.  And, yes, Boyle did play some good teams.  FD was really good but I don't know how much Boyle learne from that game. It was a slaughterfest.  Bowling Green and Henderson were nice teams but Pikeville was every bit as good , or better, than either. Corbin also played really good opponents in Simon Kenton and Pulaski County. I don't think schedule toughness was all that much a factor in why Corbin came up "one wide open receiver for a game-winning TD " short.  So, if it was "experience" and it wasn't SOS , then what could have tilted the advantage in Boyle's favoring. It's hard to force it out of the mouths of some , I know. Really hard to say it.... could it be....Coaching ????  What swng a pretty evenly-matched game in favor of the winners was what most Corbin fans feared a week ago... Haddix v. Greer.
I’m not one of them saying Haddix didn’t make a difference. The calls in the 4th quarter prove that point. That was his 6th trip. But what I saw was neither team really had much of an answer for the other the first 3 quarters and then our kids made the plays & stops they had to in the 4th quarter when the pressure was on. That’s experience IMO. I will also agree Corbin’s best win was Pikeville. It was also their first game of the year. Boyle also played and beat Bryan Station who almost got to the finals, and Lexington Catholic twice.
Haddix and his staff put their players in positions that maximized their chances for success better than Greer and his staff did. That's the bottomline and I'm sure that Stone Cold would say so.
Played Lex Cath twice, not beat LC twice.
(12-06-2022, 11:31 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not one of them saying Haddix didn’t make a difference.  The calls in the 4th quarter prove that point.  That was his 6th trip.  But what I saw was neither team really had much of an answer for the other the first 3 quarters and then our kids made the plays & stops they had to in the 4th quarter when the pressure was on.  That’s experience IMO.  I will also agree Corbin’s best win was Pikeville.  It was also their first game of the year.  Boyle also played and beat Bryan Station who almost got to the finals, and Lexington Catholic twice.

I'll agree with you but let me add this, any kid in the game can only control the job given, now think about that for a minute, if you think about what you are saying, Boyles kids just outplayed Corbins kids because of experience. Now when you watch the film, tell me why Boyles defensive coordinator was blitzing and running different defenses? Tell me why Haddix was running mutliple offensive sets, why did Elam OC for Corbin run multiple offensive sets? You have to see the game inside the game. That is what wins the game. I'll be the first to say, Haddix isn't afraid to play anyone but the reason he does this is training.. I'll give you another way to look at it, if you have a team running one defense the entire season and you play a guantlet of a schedule, what has that defense learned? It has learned how to run that one defense really well. If you adjust to the different types of matchups all through the season and perfect your defense, like Boyle did, then you win.
(12-06-2022, 11:32 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]Played Lex Cath twice, not beat LC twice.

I was at the first Lexington Catholic game. Now use this game for example. Boyle loses this game, but in my eyes had the better team. Boyle does there homework, makes adjustments for the next one and tell me the result. Good coaches are hard to find, especially ones who have eyes and can wath film and make necessary adjustments. It blows my mind the teams who doesn't do this. They have good teams.
Didn’t intend anything I said as any disrespect to the game Corbin played. It was a fantastic game that very easily could have gone either way. Boyle didn’t close the door til about 46 min had gone by. I just think having been in about 5 of those games throughout the whole season helped us, as did having most of our team at Kroger Field several times before including our coach
(12-06-2022, 11:32 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]Played Lex Cath twice, not beat LC twice.

That's true. I still don't believe there is any empirical evidence that Corbin playing Lincoln instead of Lex Cath played much of a role in the outcome. The Corbin kids had played enough good teams to have them ready to win against Boyle.  Again, switch coaches and Corbin wins by at least a couple of scores, in my opinion. 
Has anyone watched the Cincinnati Bengals over the past year and a half ?  Despite their Head Coach that does his darndest sometimes to interfere with winning, they have a defensive coordinator by the name of Lou Anarumo who makes amazing adjustments on defense when things aren't going well. He is one of the best I've ever seen at making adjustments on the defensive side of the ball from one half to the next. Corbin's coaches did not do that , not against JC last season and not against Boyle this season.

Put your kids in the best position to maximize their success by making necessary adjustments. That's a big reason why Cinci advanced to the SB. Because Corbin's coaches didn't make those very obvious and needed adjustments is why they came up just short.
I love football, especially football like this game was. Heavyweight bout. But I never played so don’t really see all the ‘game within the game’ and know/understand all about the different defensive sets, how to make adjustments & all that. I’m sure you guys are correct. Again I’m not making the argument Haddix gets none of the credit. On the contrary, after what I saw our team go through and then see him still pull it out…and for the third straight year. Yes, I know we have a great coach and staff and am grateful we do. But our kids made some big plays in the 4th when they had to and deserve credit too. Corbin wasn’t easy to stop first 3 quarters. We also had to execute on the 4th & 1 in our own territory with 2 min to go. We don’t get that & things get real interesting.
Just a curious question for the post game talk here. One of the great debates seems to be why Greer never changed things up with blitzes and different fronts.

Perhaps he was afraid to put Quisenberry and Dawson in open space. When he blitzed the risk/reward is to get to the QB and disrupt him. But if it fails it puts great pressure on the Secondary if the two I mentioned above get into space. Quisenberry even noted in the post game that on the TD play that was called back for a hold, he saw how that side of the Defense was reacting and wanted to go back there again. So the next play, Boyle did just that and Q said what he saw in space the first play helped him in twisting and turning to the TD on the next play.

Just curious thoughts.
Corbin posters expressed concern about the secondary in the pre game discussion
(12-06-2022, 11:59 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I love football, especially football like this game was.  Heavyweight bout.  But I never played so don’t really see all the ‘game within the game’ and know/understand all about the different defensive sets, how to make adjustments & all that.  I’m sure you guys are correct.  Again I’m not making the argument Haddix gets none of the credit.  On the contrary, after what I saw our team go through and then see him still pull it out…and for the third straight year.  Yes, I know we have a great coach and staff and am grateful we do.  But our kids made some big plays in the 4th when they had to and deserve credit too.  Corbin wasn’t easy to stop first 3 quarters.  We also had to execute on the 4th & 1 in our own territory with 2 min to go.  We don’t get that & things get real interesting.

I understand, most posters havn't played. And I also understand, most just look at a final score. You are right, there was some spectacular plays by the big names in this game and everyone there seen it. I'll say the timing of that sack by Ziesmer put Corbin in a really bad stituation it being late in the 4th quarter. Now, I will say, this is a type of play that coaches are hoping to get out of there players. This isn't something a coach dials up, this is just raw talent displayed on the field. It's what you call a big time sack at a most needed time for Boyle, that play ultimately puts Corbin in a punting situation. Huge.. But also, Corbin actually dials up a play to overcome the yardage of this loss and gets hit with a penalty, so not only are you deep but you can't hardly do that 2 plays in a row. So going back to that sack, that put pressure on Corbin in that drive.
Between that sack & his TD run Tommy took it over in the 4th & won it for us. Seems like I can remember him getting it thrown to him a time or two at TE but I don’t remember another time in his BC career where he took a handoff & ran it before this game. I am looking forward to watching him for at least the next 3 yrs at KY. I believe this kid will probably play on Sundays
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12