Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I was thinking the other day that I wonder why someone hasn't came up with a device that a ref can carry that in the case of a first down measurement the chain gang doesn't have to come onto the field, but when you sit it on the ball, it tells you if it is shy or over and by how much. Shouldn't be hard to create and can be used instanly in any game. Some type of a reader device that picks up a signal from the chain and have a device on the chains. Just me, I see alot of questionable first downs or 4th downs that are never measured but just guessed at and I think that affects every team at some point.
2 great teams played last night, Boyle made the big plays when needed to get the win. Lots of talk about Boyle not able to win without Haddix or transfers or other teams coach, fact is coach Smith won 6 , coach French won 2 and coach Haddix has now won 3. All three are great coaches and are able to lead their teams to a ship. The Boyle program will always attract the best coaches. Students move in and out all the time at all schools, kids like Qusinberry will definitely make it tough for teams , but one or two transfers don't make a team, just ask wandale Robinson, one of the best , now in the NFL , but Boyle beat the crap out of western hills every year. About last night's game , if Cole Sims, and the other 2 seniors out with injuries were playing this game wouldn't have been close.
(12-03-2022, 07:26 PM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2022, 06:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Food for thought, if a flag would have been thrown on the run when it was 3rd and 5, you never know what might have happened. Just saying. It was a no call. Corbin instead of getting a 1st down on the 30, faces the 4th and 5 just a play later and it ultimately played into the outcome of the game. Wow!

[Image: 316244733_2354702058038136_2569613527601...e=6391935C]
Nice try, but they called that. It's tough to complain about officiating when your team got flagged a lot less.

Hey I was completly wrong. I went back and just watched it and you myfriend are 100% correct, I listened to false information and didn't check. There was no facemask on that play. That absolutely had to be when ever you said it was. That's funny really, someone must have been pulling my leg. I am fixing to break down the game after I finish watchinig the Bullitt East game. I want to take a closer look but man what a game between Male and Bullitt East. I got owned... Smile
I would be curious to see the film of what sure looked like a Bodner interception live at the game that was ruled incomplete. One poster said film shows it was a catch but I have not seen. Sure looked like an interception live and if so obviously that was a game changer too. On the Corbin TD on the kickoff runback, live it sure looked to me like there were blocks in the back. I didn’t personally see holding but would be curious to see that play again slowed down on film.

And Boyle did have a TD called back/reversed. Quisenberry. And he put it in again the next play
(12-03-2022, 07:10 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Not that it matters, but I respect the Corbin posters that have spoken their peace the last 18 hours. Even if I disagree.  There are 3-4 that’s still gone missing. Please don’t be like Cattlemen. Don’t talk trash the whole season then when you lose, or when you are proved wrong, ghost.  Atleast have the guts, stomach to tell us about the crow. Was it bitter, raw, well done, salty?   
Times are changing old hounds. Throw away them old maroon shirts.  Be humble, and do something first before you start acting like you can. 

I hated every tear I seen from the kids last night.  Everyone of them the past 3 seasons!  I would love to have tapped into phone calls made last night and today from about 10 of you fools at the top. 

3 years ago I watched a man from my porch come to the practice field 4 times a day in the summer to turn off and on water manually.  I watched him  mow the grass 3 times a week.  Paint.  I heard him ask for help.  Heard him ask for a teaching position.  Heard him Order new uniforms, helmets and pads and be ridiculed. Watched him buy breakfast for all the kids. Included the freshman, because he knew they were gonna be seniors one day.  And last but not least.  I watched him promote his players so they could get to the next level. 
I guess what I am saying now is. I hope I hear him slam the door in your faces now.
I hope we change things. Start new.  Clean sweep.  Out with mills, guy, mouser, Jeremy, Greg , and tom.  Give the kids a real chance.

Chess match, checkmate 3 years and counting.

Good post but it ain't happening.  The culture really hasn't changed since 1923 when Corbin played its first game. The culture, or should I said cult, isn't changing now. The kids may not know it but they haven't a chance.  Cox , the Harts, Jewell, Mouser, Guy, and Tom E. aren't going anywhere. The cult of good ol' boyism has been passed down to them and they will pass it on down to another generation of narcissistic self-entitled good ol' boys.  The way they treated Haddix , who asked for so very little, was an abomination. Color me not surprised that the Universe delivered them some  major karma in three big doses the past three seasons.
(12-03-2022, 08:37 PM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]I would be curious to see the film of what sure looked like a Bodner interception live at the game that was ruled incomplete.  One poster said film shows it was a catch but I have not seen.  Sure looked like an interception live and if so obviously that was a game changer too.  On the Corbin TD on the kickoff runback, live it sure looked to me like there were blocks in the back.  I didn’t personally see holding but would be curious to see that play again slowed down on film.

And Boyle did have a TD called back/reversed.  Quisenberry.  And he put it in again the next play

I was going to ask, because I was so tore up watching this battle, it was a good one, and I was chugging hot chocolate every 5 minutes lol I forgot some things, but I was wondering if Boyle had possible points called back or penatlies that might have affected points. Im now tore up over this Bullitt East game, and if anyone hasn't seen it, buy it now! Worthy!
That one sounded like a crazy good game, I listened to about half of the audio. Rough start for BE down 14-0 a min in but impressive they were able to compose themselves, claw their way back in and pull it out. Their coach is a Boyle Co guy so was pulling for them in that one
Congrats Rebels sorry it took me a minute but I had to hit the ground running as soon as the game was over last night.

I’m just gonna say this as far as the Corbin coaching situation goes, whether you believe the current coaching staff has done an effective job or not most don’t know things that went on here before Coach Haddix left. How our current HC and one of his assistants spent overtime undermining everything Haddix done. How they attempted to alter perceptions and twist the narratives to constantly make Coach Haddix look bad. The bottom line is that the great majority of the Corbin fan base was as happy with Coach Haddix as Boyle Co now is….Imagine half a dozen administrators, boosters, assistant coaches getting together and deciding they wanted rid of your coach and then getting rid of him in the most deceitful way possible.

Hope everyone has a Merry CHRISTmas and that our Lord blesses each and every one of your families… We might not have won this game but I wouldn’t trade a single one of our kids that gave us everything they had, Love them like my own, Go Hounds…
Congratulations to both teams on making it to this game, which is a great accomplishment in itself. Teams don't make it to the state championship without good coaching. Haddix is a great coach no doubt, but what doesn't make since to me is the "logic" some of you are using. Boyle County has been winning state championships long before Haddix got there and if he's the greatest coach since Saban, why didn't he win it when he made it there with Corbin? Just asking.
(12-03-2022, 10:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Rebels sorry it took me a minute but I had to hit the ground running as soon as the game was over last night.

I’m just gonna say this as far as the Corbin coaching situation goes, whether you believe the current coaching staff has done an effective job or not most don’t know things that went on here before Coach Haddix left.  How our current HC and one of his assistants spent overtime undermining everything Haddix done.  How they attempted to alter perceptions and twist the narratives to constantly make Coach Haddix look bad.  The bottom line is that the great majority of the Corbin fan base was as happy with Coach Haddix as Boyle Co now is….Imagine half a dozen administrators, boosters, assistant coaches getting together and deciding they wanted rid of your coach and then getting rid of him in the most deceitful way possible. 

Hope everyone has a Merry CHRISTmas and that our Lord blesses each and every one of your families… We might not have won this game but I wouldn’t trade a single one of our kids that gave us everything they had, Love them like my own, Go Hounds…

I'm sad I didn't get to see you at the game, or Did I see you? Smile . I stood in the rain for a long time and tried my best to cheer your team to a victory. it wasn't in my power, but I wished hard for you to get to experience a victory parade come through Corbin one more time. Hopefully you still get to, and I get to experience what some of you have experienced with my team. If something happened that I didn't get to talk to you or get back on here, I wish you and your family and all on here a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
(12-04-2022, 12:02 AM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to both teams on making it to this game, which is a great accomplishment in itself.  Teams don't make it to the state championship without good coaching.  Haddix is a great coach no doubt, but what doesn't make since to me is the "logic" some of you are using.  Boyle County has been winning state championships long before Haddix got there and if he's the greatest coach since Saban, why didn't he win it when he made it there with Corbin?  Just asking.

Who coached his defense? You're not a good problem solver are you? lol
(12-04-2022, 12:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 12:02 AM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to both teams on making it to this game, which is a great accomplishment in itself.  Teams don't make it to the state championship without good coaching.  Haddix is a great coach no doubt, but what doesn't make since to me is the "logic" some of you are using.  Boyle County has been winning state championships long before Haddix got there and if he's the greatest coach since Saban, why didn't he win it when he made it there with Corbin?  Just asking.

Smile
I have to admit, it has been, well, interesting to read through this thread. Watching the Corbin fans implode and trash their coaches after a 14-1 season that finished in a 6 point loss to a 2 time (now 3) defending champion is just not a good look.
(12-04-2022, 01:47 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit, it has been, well, interesting to read through this thread.  Watching the Corbin fans implode and trash their coaches after a 14-1 season that finished in a 6 point loss to a 2 time (now 3) defending champion is just not a good look.

they gonna have to broaden there player searches into Pulaski. The tri county area just isn’t cutting it. Lol I kid
Been enjoy a season regardless Of season who wins 
. Looking forward to next august.
(12-03-2022, 10:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Rebels sorry it took me a minute but I had to hit the ground running as soon as the game was over last night.

I’m just gonna say this as far as the Corbin coaching situation goes, whether you believe the current coaching staff has done an effective job or not most don’t know things that went on here before Coach Haddix left.  How our current HC and one of his assistants spent overtime undermining everything Haddix done.  How they attempted to alter perceptions and twist the narratives to constantly make Coach Haddix look bad.  The bottom line is that the great majority of the Corbin fan base was as happy with Coach Haddix as Boyle Co now is….Imagine half a dozen administrators, boosters, assistant coaches getting together and deciding they wanted rid of your coach and then getting rid of him in the most deceitful way possible. 

It was the Corbin way--- cowardly, deceitful, and evil.  I hate it like hell for these kids who fought through all the coaches' egotistic, self-aggrandizing toxicity to make it to the champonship game and almost pull it off.

As much as these kids deserved a trophy, make no mistake about it sports fans, Super Dave Cox and his band of evil-doers and sociopaths got EXACTLY what they deserved.  You can't treat someone like Justin Haddix the way that they did and not expect the Universe to balance out the evil injustice with a most perfect vindication.

(12-04-2022, 01:47 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit, it has been, well, interesting to read through this thread.  Watching the Corbin fans implode and trash their coaches after a 14-1 season that finished in a 6 point loss to a 2 time (now 3) defending champion is just not a good look.

Maybe not Walter but when you have lived amongst the evil-doers for all of your life you have a  perspective that outsiders like yourself don't have.  Bottomline...   Corbin coaches , administrators, boosters(some), school board members, good ol' boys got exactly what they deserved!!! The sad part is that a bunch of talented and deserving kids received the collateral damage.
Great point, he's not. He's in a great culture, a county/school system that does everything in their power to be great at everything. Great education system, great in almost all sports, etc.. Haddix stepped into a situation and obviously has the knowledge to coach a team. But Boyle would win if any of the top 15 coaches in the state went there, IMO. Corbin's team was very talented but a few pages ago, last night I think someone said they had the best athlete on the field...No. They have very very good athletes, and maybe they have kids that will go further in baseball than other kids will go in football, but athletes on a football field, Boyle had them trumped. However that just makes me give much due to the players for Corbin who balled their asses off in that game, and a really great offensive gameplan and mostly great execution barring some penalties. Corbin to keep it close and have a lead for much of the first half is pretty remarkable to me. I love that QB for Corbin, you can almost feel he wants to win more than anyone else on the field. But then you have Boyle with a line that looks like a D1 front, and a stud at QB, and then the best athlete on the field (maybe the entire weekend!).
Yeah, it's pretty shameful. 

It would be interesting to see what they would have said if Corbin won. 

My guess is that the coaches would have gotten no credit and it was all due to the players, talent, being tougher, wanting it more, etc. 

You can't have it both ways. The coaches must be doing a lot right to have a season like they had. Imagine if they weren't always being undermined by the fans and parents.
He coached Bell County's defense in 2008, when they beat Bullitt East in the state championship so.....

He coached Bell County's defense in 2008 when they won the state championship so.....
(12-04-2022, 09:59 AM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]He coached Bell County's defense in 2008, when they beat Bullitt East in the state championship so.....

He coached Bell County's defense in 2008 when they won the state championship so.....
He coached Whitley County's defense so....We all  know the reason Bell County won. Don't play dumb.
(12-04-2022, 10:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 09:59 AM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]He coached Bell County's defense in 2008, when they beat Bullitt East in the state championship so.....

He coached Whitley County's defense so....We all  know the reason Bell County won. Don't play dumb.

You're not making any sense. First you say Haddix won because he's such a phenomenal head coach, then you say he lost at Corbin because of his DC. Now you're saying Bell won because of Dudley. Which is it Doug, the HC or the DC that gets the credit/blame? You can't have it both ways.
Coach Haddix played a very good, talen loaded Boyle Co in 2017 under coach Chuck Smith. A tall order for any coach on their first trip to that stage. I can’t speak for 2018 as I was not at that game. I do know Corbin beat us that year to get there and we had much of the 2017 championship squad back. But in Haddix’s defense, he was younger and less experienced then. He’s a winner now. I believe he could go anywhere & with the proper support he is going to get his kids far & be a tough out in Nov/Dec always
(12-04-2022, 11:06 AM)CC117 Wrote: [ -> ]Coach Haddix played a very good, talen loaded Boyle Co in 2017 under coach Chuck Smith.  A tall order for any coach on their first trip to that stage.  I can’t speak for 2018 as I was not at that game.  I do know Corbin beat us that year to get there and we had much of the 2017 championship squad back.  But in Haddix’s defense, he was younger and less experienced then.  He’s a winner now.  I believe he could go anywhere & with the proper support he is going to get his kids far & be a tough out in Nov/Dec always

I agree totally with your post. 2017 Boyle County team was just probably not going to lose unless they chose to take a knee lol. 2018, I was at the Central game in person. I saw a halftime adjustment by Centrals offense where all they did was snap the ball the entire 2cd half and run a QB sneak either right or left. Now that QB looked like a D1 type body and he was fast, and it worked. The problem was Corbins defense in that game didn't fill the gaps with those linebackers to stop the QB sneak and ultimately, Corbin would go for 2 points instead of a extra point and Central made a defensive stop and that was your ball game.
The people saying if haddix is so good why didn't he win at Corbin? He took a faltering program and completely turned it around all while being undermined at every turn by his own coaching staff and support system. That's the difference.
(12-04-2022, 11:56 AM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]The people saying if haddix is so good why didn't he win at Corbin? He took a faltering program and completely turned it around all while being undermined at every turn by his own coaching staff and support system. That's the difference.

Yep.
Our 2020 team that played probably the best Franklin Co team ever is a great example of coach Haddix’s magic. If you looked at our team vs that FC team they looked like a D1 college team compared to us. That game reminded me very much of Friday night’s game, except in 20 we never led one time until overtime. The difference in 20? Justin Haddix. Friday night I saw a Corbin team every bit as good as the team we put on the field. I know nothing about coach Greer or the current staff at Corbin other than what’s been said here. But I did see in the 4th qtr, faced with a 4th down (4th & 2 maybe?) in their own territory Corbin punted. When we were faced with 4th & 1 in our territory & a chance to win the game, Haddix didn’t blink. I do think our kids experience on that stage mattered, it showed in the 4th qtr, but otherwise the only difference in the game? Justin Haddix. I am very thankful he is here. We have 3 more championships because of him.
While nice,well-meaning gents, I'm sure,  guys like Walt Longmire, Gold "Cry Me a "River, and Know1 are not privy to the information that I am privy to. I graduated from Corbin, live within walking distance of Campbell Field, and have worked among, socialized with, and even played ball with most of the people that I speak of. I know these dirty boogers like the birth mark on my right ass cheek.

Anyone privy to inside info about the Corbin program knows how deceitful and evil a handful of power players were to Coach Haddix and how they essentially formulated a coup to get him out. Then, these same people used a rigged hiring system to screw over Eddie James in favor of home boy, Greer. That's not up for debate. That's fact.

What many may not be aware of is the toxic environment that Greer and Co. allows, and even promotes , within its football team. Last season, the internal strife literally ripped the team to shreds. By the time of the Johnson Central game, there was literally fighting on the sidelines. This season , the kids stayed focused enough through all the distractions to make it all the way to Kroger. Kudos to every kid on the team. 

One of the key components of this year's team, and probably the team's best player, actually quit the team this season for several days, amidst the mayhem and proposed changes to his role on the team. His father, I was told, was against him returning to the team at all but the youngster wanted to play. And play he did. There would have been no Kroger without him.  My hats off to all the youngsters that sacrificed their time and energy, while dealing with their coaches' toxic attitudes, to give us some great memories in 2022. We may not win another title until 2062 but we will always remember 2022 as the year that some amazing kids overcame obstacles and overachieved, coming so very close to bringing home the first state title since the invention of the CD player. Thanks, kids, for the memories.

(12-04-2022, 11:56 AM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]The people saying if haddix is so good why didn't he win at Corbin? He took a faltering program and completely turned it around all while being undermined at every turn by his own coaching staff and support system. That's the difference.

YEP .  They did everything they could to undermine his success at every turn. Think about that a minute, sports fans.  People representing your own school undermining the success of your coach and team.  That's evil. That's sociopathic. THAT'S THE CORBIN WAY. That's why there has been no title since Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands.

Ponder on this BGR'ers.   It's been forty years since a Redhound title('82).  To put into perspective just  how long that's been , if you start at 1982 and go backwards the same amount ot time as it has been since Corbin last won a state title, you would arrive in the year........  1942 , just one year after the bombing of Pearl Harbor!!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3wlSjzveXfbhQaoRx2Ag...A&usqp=CAU]
(12-04-2022, 08:24 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]

My guess is that the coaches would have gotten no credit and it was all due to the players, talent, being tougher, wanting it more, etc. 

You can't have it both ways. The coaches must be doing a lot right to have a season like they had. Imagine if they weren't always being undermined by the fans and parents.
My guess is if Corbin had of won we would have all been celebrating till daylight in Colonel Sanders Park. Lol, with that said after last years loss to JC in Region Championship can someone please elaborate on what a coach stated about the Coaches had the game plan to win the game but the players didn’t execute. Almost sounded like putting the loss on the players period. One of the most loaded/talented group ever assembled in Corbin Football history and the players didn’t execute.. Never been more disappointed in a coach to make that statement. As a HFC you take full responsibility for the loss and move on. If people in the community didn’t gripe about coaching agendas and daddy ball then it would be a free for all and the program would be go back to the pre-Haddix days. This years loss to Boyle was inevitable due to the weak schedule put together to keep the Hounds playing at home during the playoffs. Next years class will be much better than this years class believe it or not. If the coaches put together a solid schedule in first 10 regular season games then come playoff time you might feel comfortable going for it on a 4th and 2 in our territory. I don’t care if we lose four or five games in regular season if it makes us better so we can win the 15th game. Come on people it’s been 40 years, do we really wanna wait 40 more? Do the right thing for our town, our school, and our KIDS… Haddix and Elam together would bring multiple State Championships to Corbin if people will get over there selfish childish ways. Who gives a crap about color of cleats or chrome Helments. Just do the right thing..Go Hounds..
(12-04-2022, 01:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

My guess is if Corbin had of won we would have all been celebrating till daylight in Colonel Sanders Park. Lol, with that said after last years loss to JC in Region Championship can someone please elaborate on what a coach stated about the Coaches had the game plan to win the game but the players didn’t execute. Almost sounded like putting the loss on the players period. One of the most loaded/talented group ever assembled in Corbin Football history and the players didn’t execute.. Never been more disappointed in a coach to make that statement. As a HFC you take full responsibility for the loss and move on. If people in the community didn’t gripe about coaching agendas and daddy ball then it would be a free for all and the program would be go back to the pre-Haddix days. This years loss to Boyle was inevitable due to the weak schedule put together to keep the Hounds playing at home during the playoffs. Next years class will be much better than this years class believe it or not. If the coaches put together a solid schedule in first 10 regular season games then come playoff time you might feel comfortable going for it on a 4th and 2 in our territory. I don’t care if we lose four or five games in regular season if it makes us better so we can win the 15th game. Come on people it’s been 40 years, do we really wanna wait 40 more? Do the right thing for our town, our school, and our KIDS… Haddix and Elam together would bring multiple State Championships to Corbin if people will get over there selfish childish ways. Who gives a crap about color of cleats or chrome Helments. Just do the right thing..Go Hounds..

While I would have been very happy with a win, I wouldn't have been celebrating in the park that is dedicated to Corbin's most famous pedophile. I probably would have danced a gig outside of Campbell Field, though. LOL
(12-04-2022, 01:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2022, 01:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

While I would have been very happy with a win, I wouldn't have been celebrating in the park that is dedicated to Corbin's most famous pedophile.    I probably would have danced a gig outside of Campbell Field, though. LOL
Question is would it have been a slow dance jig or get down and boogie kind of jig? Campbell Field be fit for king to dance on next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12