Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: lbrhvi.jpg]
[Image: iAUORo.jpg]
[Image: 691zWo.jpg]
Ok, I was going to upload another thread but its not there. The question was asked did anything stand out on the game film. I have a view of my own of what I see. Thats why I titled it looking at film. This isn't smack at a team. This is food for thought. We ran this defense primarily the entire season minus one D Lineman. This is what I saw. Corbin in a situation on the first drive of the game to get the ball back and set the tone for the night. Its 4th down and 2.5 or 3 yards to get the 1st down. This is a huge play. This could determine lots in this caliber of a ballgame. The JC blockers was getting to the linebackers making the block. I thought in this 4th down situation, it would have been better to blitz the gaps after it was determined what side the ball was going to. This pretty much is the summary of the entire night. The running back got about a 6-8 yard gain setting themselves up for a big night. 
[Image: ZQJmtv.jpg]
[Image: ZEtpq0.jpg]
Johnson Central has a heck of a blocking team. I call it text book blocking. They are really good at what they do. Diciplined. I think Franklin County understood the concept of filling the gap. Wathing there film, they identified the side the ball was going to and crashed the line of scrimmage. I think if Corbin would have did this on the 4th and 2.5 or 3 play, it maybe of went a different way. Like I said, it was asked did film reveal anything, I think it did. If you go back to the Simon Kenton game for us, our defense was exposed with the goal being #41 getting double teams consistent and then taking out our linebackers with blockers and this kind of sums up what I saw and honestly other coaches saw it because I heard there fan bases saying the same things.

[Image: 9Vg1DC.jpg]
[Image: VJp9jt.jpg]
Offense I saw the run was there for the taking. Not every single play but would have loved to seen it with all our guys in action.
Bull did we or did we not know what was coming after the first Lincoln game. We had the information sent to numerous teams, kids tried to express this information and yet no changes. Am I wrong?

I also like the lines. Did you get this from YouTube?
(11-24-2021, 09:40 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]Bull did we or did we not know what was coming after the first Lincoln game.  We had the information sent to numerous teams, kids tried to express this information and yet no changes.  Am I wrong?

I also like the lines.  Did you get this from YouTube?

Yes, you are 100% correct.  Theres a couple of free apps that you can attatch a photo and you can edit up jack. Or use the paint editor on windows.

The whole state knew what was getting ready to happen I believe.
Bull, I like your presentation.

But in the first picture the LB’s are the same distance as the FC illustration. I know you are pointing out the lack of gap blitzing, but when you count the box Corbin has 9 in the same box as you count in the FC box.

In other words, Corbin has the proper number imo. But the lack of blitz might be the issue.

Good posts btw.
[Image: iJn2L1.jpg]
I was wrong, Corbin did run a 6 man front, this play went for a huge touchdown run. The last 2 drives for JC, Corbin was in a 6 man front the entire series of both possesions.
(11-24-2021, 09:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ][Image: lbrhvi.jpg]
Ok, I was going to upload another thread but its not there. The question was asked did anything stand out on the game film. I have a view of my own of what I see. Thats why I titled it looking at film. This isn't smack at a team. This is food for thought. We ran this defense primarily the entire season minus one D Lineman. This is what I saw. Corbin in a situation on the first drive of the game to get the ball back and set the tone for the night. Its 4th down and 2.5 or 3 yards to get the 1st down. This is a huge play. This could determine lots in this caliber of a ballgame. The JC blockers was getting to the linebackers making the block. I thought in this 4th down situation, it would have been better to blitz the gaps after it was determined what side the ball was going to. This pretty much is the summary of the entire night. The running back got about a 6-8 yard gain setting themselves up for a big night. 
Johnson Central has a heck of a blocking team. I call it text book blocking. They are really good at what they do. Diciplined. I think Franklin County understood the concept of filling the gap. Wathing there film, they identified the side the ball was going to and crashed the line of scrimmage. I think if Corbin would have did this on the 4th and 2.5 or 3 play, it maybe of went a different way. Like I said, it was asked did film reveal anything, I think it did. If you go back to the Simon Kenton game for us, our defense was exposed with the goal being #41 getting double teams consistent and then taking out our linebackers with blockers and this kind of sums up what I saw and honestly other coaches saw it because I heard there fan bases saying the same things.

Offense I saw the run was there for the taking. Not every single play but would have loved to seen it with all our guys in action.

if what I was doing wasn't working to slow them down, I'd at least go unconventional, and gamble by doing different things such as blitzing the gap. I heard the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. At least switch things up and try something different. lol
(11-24-2021, 09:40 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]Bull did we or did we not know what was coming after the first Lincoln game.  We had the information sent to numerous teams, kids tried to express this information and yet no changes.  Am I wrong?

You knew Lincoln County was a pretty good team the second time you face them, and you also knew no adjustments would be made to stop a power run game in the future, if you couldn't play lock down defense against The Patriots.
Big Grin Insanity. Sounds right.  Big Grin Big Grin

(11-24-2021, 10:42 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

You knew Lincoln County was a pretty good team the second time you face them, and you also knew no adjustments would be made to stop a power run game in the future, if you couldn't play lock down defense against The Patriots.

I talked to a coach today. He was telling me Chuck Smith (Boyle) was notorious for playing players on both sides of the ball if needed be. We were talking about all kinds of stuff. I like rollng the dice....

2cd Lincoln game told the real story...... No change coming......

Nothing wrong with the alignment. Looks like JC gap blocked from the PST down and the 3tech got destroyed and the 9 tech didn't squeeze and ran up the field and got kicked out. 9 tech not squeezing and running up the field not only made him an easy kickout but it also allowed the te to pretty much pick off the PSLB on the snap. PSWing turned out the force and there's 6 yards about everytime. BSLB is trying to get there. Not sure who is blocking the BSLB but looks like he never had a chance either because he has a hat on him and he is still at 5yards. That means another DL didn't do their job and squeeze the escape of an OL on his backside scoop. Most likely the backside 3 technique didn't get hands on and keep the BSG from scooping up to the BSLB. You can see in the second picture that both ILBS are being blocked at 5yards which means the guys in front of them (defensive lineman) aren't playing with very good technique. Definitely not an alignment issue because there are 11 humans within six yards of the LOS. Alignment is solid and this is more about execution.
(11-24-2021, 11:48 PM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing wrong with the alignment. Looks like JC gap blocked from the PST down and the 3tech got destroyed and the 9 tech didn't squeeze and ran up the field and got kicked out. 9 tech not squeezing and running up the field not only made him an easy kickout but it also allowed the te to pretty much pick off the PSLB on the snap. PSWing turned out the force and there's 6 yards about everytime. BSLB is trying to get there. Not sure who is blocking the BSLB but looks like he never had a chance either because he has a hat on him and he is still at 5yards. That means another DL didn't do their job and squeeze the escape of an OL on his backside scoop. Most likely the backside 3 technique didn't get hands on and keep the BSG from scooping up to the BSLB. You can see in the second picture that both ILBS are being blocked at 5yards which means the guys in front of them (defensive lineman) aren't playing with very good technique. Definitely not an alignment issue because there are 11 humans within six yards of the LOS. Alignment is solid and this is more about execution.

Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?
How many different kinds of plays did Johnson Central run? How many times did they run the same play? The game seemed to be over in the 2nd quarter.
(11-25-2021, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?
Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.
(11-25-2021, 12:20 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?
(11-25-2021, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?
No idea. But Corbin isn't a program that lacks talent or coaching and neither is JC. JC is a tough match up for anyone because they love to possess the football. And you are right in that if you can find a way to either keep them out of 3rd/4th and short or stop them on 3rd/4th and short a couple three times a game your chances of winning drastically improve. Of course you are going to have to find a couple three big plays on offense in the meantime. Those are not easy things to do because JC starts teaching their guys to play this way at an early age. JMO
(11-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2021, 11:48 PM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with the alignment. Looks like JC gap blocked from the PST down and the 3tech got destroyed and the 9 tech didn't squeeze and ran up the field and got kicked out. 9 tech not squeezing and running up the field not only made him an easy kickout but it also allowed the te to pretty much pick off the PSLB on the snap. PSWing turned out the force and there's 6 yards about everytime. BSLB is trying to get there. Not sure who is blocking the BSLB but looks like he never had a chance either because he has a hat on him and he is still at 5yards. That means another DL didn't do their job and squeeze the escape of an OL on his backside scoop. Most likely the backside 3 technique didn't get hands on and keep the BSG from scooping up to the BSLB. You can see in the second picture that both ILBS are being blocked at 5yards which means the guys in front of them (defensive lineman) aren't playing with very good technique. Definitely not an alignment issue because there are 11 humans within six yards of the LOS. Alignment is solid and this is more about execution.

No idea. But Corbin isn't a program that lacks talent or coaching and neither is JC. JC is a tough match up for anyone because they love to possess the football. And you are right in that if you can find a way to either keep them out of 3rd/4th and short or stop them on 3rd/4th and short a couple three times a game your chances of winning drastically improve. Of course you are going to have to find a couple three big plays on offense in the meantime. Those are not easy things to do because JC starts teaching their guys to play this way at an early age. JMO

Shouldn't Corbin be a tough matchup for them as well? Do you think Corbin utilized all their talent in the last game? Happy Thanksgiving!
How many seniors does Corbin lose

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!
(11-25-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]How many seniors does Corbin lose

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

Losing 16 Seniors. Happy Thanksgiving Gold River!

(11-25-2021, 12:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?

Shouldn't Corbin be a tough matchup for them as well? Do you think Corbin utilized all their talent in the last game? Happy Thanksgiving!

Not even close on utilizing the talent IMO. Happy Thanksgiving PJDoug! pass the desert!  Big Grin
Make all the excuses you want to. Johnson central kicked corbins butt just like they will do Franklin County. REVENGE. WHERE ARE YOU BOYLE COUNTY? HAVE ANY SMART REMARKS THIS TIME???
(11-25-2021, 09:21 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Make all the excuses you want to. Johnson central kicked corbins butt just like they will do Franklin County. REVENGE. WHERE ARE YOU BOYLE COUNTY? HAVE ANY SMART REMARKS THIS TIME???

I heard we worked out a deal with JC to let them move on. Thats why Mills didnt play on offense.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(11-25-2021, 09:21 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Make all the excuses you want to. Johnson central kicked corbins butt just like they will do Franklin County. REVENGE. WHERE ARE YOU BOYLE COUNTY? HAVE ANY SMART REMARKS THIS TIME???

One game at a time!

Lol, we are doing just fine without the support from the person that talks more trash, hates when we win and says more negative things about our program than anyone.  Go pound sand.
Big Grin GO POUND SAND!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thats a good one.
Great thread Bull!!!!
I like that JC mixed in quite a few 2 wide receiver sets against Corbin. It also looked like they used some I formation or some broken wishbone looks instead of the normal full house set. That decision helped to spread the field a little bit and it was 9x9 in the box instead of 11v11.

I think JC would be smart to mix in a lot of those same looks against Franklin. Against a strong defensive team it’s going to be hard to get consistent yardage going 11v11 in the box even with the great oline that Jc has. There’s just too many bodies clogging up a congested area. Spreading the field just a little bit will help to open up run lanes.
One thing I saw watching the JC film this year in reguards to seeing something, I like the short pass they did a couple of times like a TE over the middle, slot etc. Talking about dangerous. JC blocks are the keys to there success. I can imagine a practice detailing this. I think coaches need to take a hard look at the types of blocks they depend on. It works. Nothing wrong with borrowing good stuff.

The coaches, if that's what you call them, had all season to prepare for this game and this opponent. Everyone on this board knew at season's beginning that this game was coming. Two or three very good football minds on here knew what was coming last Friday. As loyal Redhound fans and supporters of these kids, they put as positive a pre-game spin on the matchup as possible, but they knew what the inevitable ugly outcome was going to be.

Barring a dozen turnovers by JC, Corbin had no shot coming into this one because of the lack of due diligence on the part of the coaches from day one of practice to implement and perfect a game plan that would give the Corbin kids the best chance of winning. Corbin had the athletes and the talent to win this matchup but they didn't have the leadership. The prep for 11/19 should have begun the first day of practice and it should have been free of coaching egos , personal agendas, and political bullshittery.  Sadly,   Corbin was doomed to have their season end this way from day ONE.
Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?
(11-25-2021, 04:04 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?

Big Grin
(11-25-2021, 04:04 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?

Some of these fans breaking down game film have won state championships
These are some good analysis, honestly I’m impressed. As a FC fan, we wanted to see Corbin again, felt like our coaches and kids time since the early
Loss has been better spent than that of the redhounds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8