Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(12-03-2021, 02:34 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 01:22 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]This all sounds like it would make a great 30 for 30 on ESPN.

Or Netflix could do a limited series....

Thoughts for the name of the show......????
Fieldhouse Blues should be the name of show after Haddix wins 2nd State Championship tonight back to back. Haddix is best playcaller and Coach in 4A. Will Corbin stay with current OC or bring up middle school coach? He’s definitely the one man in program who can turn this offense around next season. Greer will have his defense ready that’s for sure.

I’m a very big fan of Brent Jackson, that being said he needs to stay right where he is the whole middle school program is held together under him and trying to move him could jeopardize that.  Besides imo he’s got nothing to prove he’s winning Championships liking he’s eating out of a bag of chips the grass ain’t always greener.
(12-03-2021, 02:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 01:22 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]This all sounds like it would make a great 30 for 30 on ESPN.

Fieldhouse Blues should be the name of show after Haddix wins 2nd State Championship tonight back to back. Haddix is best playcaller and Coach in 4A. Will Corbin stay with current OC or bring up middle school coach? He’s definitely the one man in program who can turn this offense around next season. Greer will have his defense ready that’s for sure.

I’m a very big fan of Brent Jackson, that being said he needs to stay right where he is the whole middle school program is held together under him and trying to move him could jeopardize that.  Besides imo he’s got nothing to prove he’s winning Championships liking he’s eating out of a bag of chips the grass ain’t always greener.
I agree to an extent. It’s like playing your best players right? You gotta have the best coach in each position to win big time games like the past two against Johnson Central. We all seen what happened in those two games. The 7th grade coach does an awesome job and can lead the middle school very well. In my opinion if your Corbin is to bring the Middle School coach up to do all offense or bring Scottie Russell back into Corbins offense. Corbin may not have Haddix but you put Russell with Buckner and that’s as close as you get. Those two coaches can flat out coach.
(12-03-2021, 03:16 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree to an extent. It’s like playing your best players right? You gotta have the best coach in each position to win big time games like the past two against Johnson Central. We all seen what happened in those two games. The 7th grade coach does an awesome job and can lead the middle school very well. In my opinion if your Corbin is to bring the Middle School coach up to do all offense or bring Scottie Russell back into Corbins offense. Corbin may not have Haddix but you put Russell with Buckner and that’s as close as you get. Those two coaches can flat out coach.

Im a big fan of the 7th grade coach also but it maybe one of those things we’ll just have to agree to disagree on.  Brent brings all the intangibles and lays a very good foundation for our kids before they ever step foot at the high school, age and wisdom.  I think Russell and Buckner would do a terrific job running the offense without their hands tied…
(12-03-2021, 03:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Im a big fan of the 7th grade coach also but it maybe one of those things we’ll just have to agree to disagree on.  Brent brings all the intangibles and lays a very good foundation for our kids before they ever step foot at the high school, age and wisdom.  I think Russell and Buckner would do a terrific job running the offense without their hands tied…
It didn’t appear anyone tied current OC’s hands so why would anyone else have to be concerned with that issue.
(12-03-2021, 03:42 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 03:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 02:34 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]Fieldhouse Blues should be the name of show after Haddix wins 2nd State Championship tonight back to back. Haddix is best playcaller and Coach in 4A. Will Corbin stay with current OC or bring up middle school coach? He’s definitely the one man in program who can turn this offense around next season. Greer will have his defense ready that’s for sure.

It didn’t appear anyone tied current OC’s hands so why would anyone else have to be concerned with that issue.

It’s not a shot against Greer, I’ve got different issues there, but he’s a DC at heart.  He wants to call plays conservative and not have his defense out there as long, it’s in total contrast to what we’ve been used to for several years.
(12-03-2021, 01:53 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 08:21 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]If you took the two teams and switched coaching staffs, whichever group of kids had JC's staff would win 9 times out of 10. Thats about all that needs to be said.
Tell us how you really feel. In my opinion Corbin has to bring up the middle school coach to do the playcalling with the next three or four years of teams. The middle school coach truly cares for the kids that play for him and he’s molded the majority of kids that came thru his middle school program. I’ve heard many parents and community members say same thing. If Corbin is to be competitive in 4A next year they gotta get back to old school Corbin Football and quit playing politics at the High School level.

Imagine Seth Mills at QB and Seth Huff and Trayveon at RB running that JC veer offense. They'd be unstoppable. Seth Mills should have been playing QB all year for Corbin. Thats just one of many players they had in wrong positions. How you dont come out in that second half and have Huff, the biggest and strongest player on your team somewhere on that defensive line or linebacker blows my mind. It seems so obvious.
Corbin with no state titles  39 years and counting !!! Haddix has two in two years . That says it all.

[Image: 20671.jpg]
(12-04-2021, 12:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin with no state titles  39 years and counting !!! Haddix has two in two years . That says it all.

[Image: 20671.jpg] Big Grin That’s funny!
(12-04-2021, 12:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin with no state titles  39 years and counting !!! Haddix has two in two years . That says it all.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Unless you’re ask to cut it for a raise.

(12-04-2021, 12:46 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]

Very good quality photo. Who gets pic creds.
(12-03-2021, 08:08 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 08:21 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]If you took the two teams and switched coaching staffs, whichever group of kids had JC's staff would win 9 times out of 10. Thats about all that needs to be said.
Tell us how you really feel. In my opinion Corbin has to bring up the middle school coach to do the playcalling with the next three or four years of teams. The middle school coach truly cares for the kids that play for him and he’s molded the majority of kids that came thru his middle school program. I’ve heard many parents and community members say same thing. If Corbin is to be competitive in 4A next year they gotta get back to old school Corbin Football and quit playing politics at the High School level.

Imagine Seth Mills at QB and Seth Huff and Trayveon at RB running that JC veer offense. They'd be unstoppable. Seth Mills should have been playing QB all year for Corbin. Thats just one of many players they had in wrong positions. How you dont come out in that second half and have Huff, the biggest and strongest player on your team somewhere on that defensive line or linebacker blows my mind. It seems so obvious.

Imagine Combs actually being developed as a qb, along with Patterson and Longmire at receiver, having Mills in the slot and Huff at RB not to mention the other kids who could have rotated in and caught the ball, can’t key on any player or play.  Imagine having Wells rotating in at TE or receiver who almost never drops a pass or having a safety that crashes down on run plays to contain and fill gaps.  Is what it is seasons over and nothing will change we’re headed back to mediocrity once again and the people taking us there are unconscionable, done with it…
(12-04-2021, 10:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Imagine Combs actually being developed as a qb, along with Patterson and Longmire at receiver, having Mills in the slot and Huff at RB not to mention the other kids who could have rotated in and caught the ball, can’t key on any player or play.  Imagine having Wells rotating in at TE or receiver who almost never drops a pass or having a safety that crashes down on run plays to contain and fill gaps.  Is what it is seasons over and nothing will change we’re headed back to mediocrity once again and the people taking us there are unconscionable, done with it…

My great great grandmother was a Wells. Bring my cousins to Whitley County.
I like Wells! He is a Beast!
(12-04-2021, 10:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I like Wells! He is a Beast!

Wells showed what he could do with the ball in his hands on the kickoff returned for a TD(called back due to a penalty though) in the Johnson Central loss.  How many catches did he have all year?
Man, they played him at Linebacker all year. If I was the coach, it would look like two offenses coming in all the time, Corbin had so much talent and they wouldn't play no one on both sides of the ball. It was like they was walking on eggshells making decisions.
(12-04-2021, 02:36 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don’t know who gets the pic creds but the folks in the pic deserve tons of cred.  They do not deserve any of the comments that have come on here. They started the club with the right mission in mind and they held to it.  The Club has pretty much held to that mission but there are some members, who Do Not Represent The Club or The Club’s interests that have been a part of the problem.  Most of the folks in the photo are no longer around or are no longer active in the Club.  

Amos Miller- Deceased
Bill Hoover- Deceased
Boyce Frederick- Retired
Bob Hammons- Retired
Dave Huff- Deceased
David Burton- Deceased
David Myers- Active
Dennis Myers- Retired
Harold Reedy- Deceased
Lanny Myers- Retired
Mel Chandler- Deceased
Richard Park- Deceased
Vin Hoover- Retired
Zeke Perkins- Deceased
(12-04-2021, 10:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Good gracious, almighty!!! I want to see your family tree !   Wink   More branches on that tree than there are Forcht bank branches.

(12-04-2021, 11:04 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]

Don’t know who gets the pic creds but the folks in the pic deserve tons of cred.  They do not deserve any of the comments that have come on here. They started the club with the right mission in mind and they held to it.  The Club has pretty much held to that mission but there are some members, who Do Not Represent The Club or The Club’s interests that have been a part of the problem.  Most of the folks in the photo are no longer around or are no longer active in the Club.  

Amos Miller- Deceased
Bill Hoover- Deceased
Boyce Frederick- Retired
Bob Hammons- Retired
Dave Huff- Deceased
David Burton- Deceased
David Myers- Active
Dennis Myers- Retired
Harold Reedy- Deceased
Lanny Myers- Retired
Mel Chandler- Deceased
Richard Park- Deceased
Vin Hoover- Retired
Zeke Perkins- Deceased

You're right, the current problems  weren't instigated by these folks, especially the deceased ones.
I wasn't able to find a photo of the present group of problem children. They've apparently not updated their website in three years(come on, get with it, Ms Weber). If they'll take a picture, I'll post it!   Greer over Haddix or James.... you've got to be kidding me, boosters !!!
(12-05-2021, 02:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 01:53 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]Tell us how you really feel. In my opinion Corbin has to bring up the middle school coach to do the playcalling with the next three or four years of teams. The middle school coach truly cares for the kids that play for him and he’s molded the majority of kids that came thru his middle school program. I’ve heard many parents and community members say same thing. If Corbin is to be competitive in 4A next year they gotta get back to old school Corbin Football and quit playing politics at the High School level.

Good gracious, almighty!!! I want to see your family tree !   Wink   More branches on that tree than there are Forcht bank branches.

Amos Miller- Deceased
Bill Hoover- Deceased
Boyce Frederick- Retired
Bob Hammons- Retired
Dave Huff- Deceased
David Burton- Deceased
David Myers- Active
Dennis Myers- Retired
Harold Reedy- Deceased
Lanny Myers- Retired
Mel Chandler- Deceased
Richard Park- Deceased
Vin Hoover- Retired
Zeke Perkins- Deceased

You're right, the current problems  weren't instigated by these folks, especially the deceased ones.
I wasn't able to find a photo of the present group of problem children. They've apparently not updated their website in three years(come on, get with it, Ms Weber). If they'll take a picture, I'll post it!   Greer over Haddix or James.... you've got to be kidding me, boosters !!!
Like I said in another thread, Corbin superintendent traded Haddix for Greer, Mills and Mouser. And I fully understand the anger of so many parents of this year's team.
Appreciate that Jamesdeane. It’s almost as bad as being switched at birth!
(12-04-2021, 10:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Man, they played him at Linebacker all year. If I was the coach, it would look like two offenses coming in all the time, Corbin had so much talent and they wouldn't play no one on both sides of the ball. It was like they was walking on eggshells making decisions.
I was only at 10 games this season but after watching and scratching my head and hearing the fans around the fence talk it makes perfect sense as to why. Your statement is the truest I’ve read on here. Corbin had the talent to win it all and chose to continue the path of holding #11, #13 down in order to keep #10 as the premier player for Corbin. I was shown the stats last night of all Corbin offense and it’s amazing to me that #11 and #13 had 55 touches between them both. #10 had 96 carries, #22 had over 110 carries, #18 QB had 71 carries, #32 had 46 carries. Definitely ran a heavy run offense. This is very surprising to me considering the OC seems to pattern himself as a West Coast Offensive type of Coach. At first glance this would throw the average fan off a bit and no one would really see the big picture. If #22 don’t get eligible mid season then #10 gets 200 carries and is made to be the premier player for Corbin since #11 and #13 are not being utilized appropriately. This appears to be by design..Not sure what kids or coaches will return next season but Corbin has gotta stop the politics and quit playing favorites because a coaches son is playing. Go Hounds.

I’ve heard Huff didn’t wanna play linebacker or defense period. I gotta disagree with you about Mills playing QB all year. Combs is this teams QB1 past, current and next season. Honestly in my opinion and that of a lot of others Mills should have been in slot all season considering Trevion wasn’t allowed to be. Mills is a great athlete and no one can say otherwise and for whatever reason they chose to play him on defense only.,hypothetical here, if Mills did play QB all season where does Combs go?

(12-05-2021, 03:04 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2021, 02:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2021, 08:08 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine Seth Mills at QB and Seth Huff and Trayveon at RB running that JC veer offense. They'd be unstoppable. Seth Mills should have been playing QB all year for Corbin. Thats just one of many players they had in wrong positions. How you dont come out in that second half and have Huff, the biggest and strongest player on your team somewhere on that defensive line or linebacker blows my mind. It seems so obvious.

Amos Miller- Deceased
Bill Hoover- Deceased
Boyce Frederick- Retired
Bob Hammons- Retired
Dave Huff- Deceased
David Burton- Deceased
David Myers- Active
Dennis Myers- Retired
Harold Reedy- Deceased
Lanny Myers- Retired
Mel Chandler- Deceased
Richard Park- Deceased
Vin Hoover- Retired
Zeke Perkins- Deceased

Like I said in another thread, Corbin superintendent traded Haddix for Greer, Mills and Mouser. And I fully understand the anger of so many parents of this year's team.
After Haddix won Friday night, that decision will go down in history as THE worst decision ever made for Corbin Football. The parents have every right to be upset as it’s supposed to be about the kids and not about coaches ego’s. Let me repeat that, it’s ABOUT THE KIDS NOT THE COACHES EGO’s.
Time for a reality check………

Tom Greer is a great coach, maybe not a great head coach but a great coach none the less.
Corbin celebrated his return when he joined the staff of Haddix
Corbin tends to over rate kids (especially daddies)
Corbin has too many daddies involved
When you degrade your coach constantly you are degrading the program
Criticize in private
Praise in public
You are hampering your own ability to attract top area athletes
You can’t win with Corbin kids alone
Actually you can’t win with an all star team either (see Johnson Central game)
Bad messages are sent when you constantly bring in outside athletes
Facilities don’t make winners. (Grass beats turf)
Sometimes it is the Xs and Os which in real life are the jimmies and joes.
To win you have to unite as one kids hear and listen
It does not take much to destabilize a kids faith in coaches and a program
It does take a lot to fix it

At some point you have to decide if beating the locals is enough, if taking kids from other schools just so they don’t have them is enough. You have to have faith in the subsystem and the system to work.

Corbin used to win championships because they were ahead of the game as far as weight lifting and other parts of the subsystem. In today’s times many many schools have not only caught but surpassed Corbin, now is the time to figure out how to fix all the parts of the system

Hearing Whitley and Williamsburg is gonna pick up a few Corbin players after first of year. Sorta reminds of a few years back when some Corbin players transferred to the Burg. Everyone seen how that turned out for Corbin.
(12-05-2021, 12:18 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2021, 10:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Man, they played him at Linebacker all year. If I was the coach, it would look like two offenses coming in all the time, Corbin had so much talent and they wouldn't play no one on both sides of the ball. It was like they was walking on eggshells making decisions.
I was only at 10 games this season but after watching and scratching my head and hearing the fans around the fence talk it makes perfect sense as to why. Your statement is the truest I’ve read on here. Corbin had the talent to win it all and chose to continue the path of holding #11, #13 down in order to keep #10 as the premier player for Corbin. I was shown the stats last night of all Corbin offense and it’s amazing to me that #11 and #13 had 55 touches between them both. #10 had 96 carries, #22 had over 110 carries, #18 QB had 71 carries, #32 had 46 carries. Definitely ran a heavy run offense. This is very surprising to me considering the OC seems to pattern himself as a West Coast Offensive type of Coach. At first glance this would throw the average fan off a bit and no one would really see the big picture. If #22 don’t get eligible mid season then #10 gets 200 carries and is made to be the premier player for Corbin since #11 and #13 are not being utilized appropriately. This appears to be by design..Not sure what kids or coaches will return next season but Corbin has gotta stop the politics and quit playing favorites because a coaches son is playing. Go Hounds.

Well, now you are starting to put together a picture of what has transpired at Corbin. I know on the outside, most the other fan bases think we are just mad because we lost to a great team. In fact, we may have played our best and still lost to that team. But getting past that and back to what should have been happening. Haddix was building his next team to make a run the year they went 6-5 which was his last year at Corbin. With most the losses being less than 3 points or a touchdown. Everyone knew the team was going to be a force to be reckoned with especially as young as everyone was. No doubt, the current team had no ideal that a coaching change was going to happen. Behind the scenes, Politics was becoming the main player. On the outside, you dont see this stuff till years down the road, unless you are hearing the truth from one of the insiders. Now you have a team that is primed to make a run with all the tools left behind by Haddix. Enter Greer and Elam. Of Course, I'm a defensive minded guy. I thought honestly, maybe he will bring the defense mind and Elam having a mindset of a passing game would fit in nicely. Well now that the last two years have proven the real agenda of the top man being Greer. Stats speak for themselves. What you have posted is only a glimspe of the hesitation of this staff. Having watched it closely on film and in person and having a kid play on the team for both Haddix and Greer, I think I am qualified to talk about it. 

I always learned in life the truth will set you free, free indeed. The truth is coming out slowly at Corbin. Its like a bad infection and left untreated, its only going to get worse.
(12-04-2021, 10:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I like Wells! He is a Beast!
Wells is a game changer for any team. In my opinion he should have played both ways. You cannot keep your best receiver on defense just to satisfy certain parents. Seemed like a lot of appeasing was going on within the parent ranks. Had a lot of talent but it goes back to what Haddix did Friday night. You play your best 11 players on offense and defense in the playoffs especially. Corbin definitely had the talented receivers to get it done and I’m definitely not knocking any of those players. Im just stating Wells has the best hands and vision of any receiver on team. He’s gotta be that guy next year or Corbin don’t win District.
(12-05-2021, 12:38 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: [ -> ]Time for a reality check………

Tom Greer is a great coach, maybe not a great head coach but a great coach none the less.
Criticize in private
Praise in public
Facilities don’t make winners.  (Grass beats turf)

At some point you have to decide if beating the locals is enough, if taking kids from other schools just so they don’t have them is enough.  You have to have faith in the subsystem and the system to work. 

Corbin used to win championships because they were ahead of the game as far as weight lifting and other parts of the subsystem.  In today’s times many many schools have not only caught but surpassed Corbin, now is the time to figure out how to fix all the parts of the system

I needed to laugh Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Criticize in private
Praise in public

At some point you have to decide if beating the locals is enough, if taking kids from other schools just so they don’t have them is enough.  You have to have faith in the subsystem and the system to work. 

Corbin used to win championships because they were ahead of the game as far as weight lifting and other parts of the subsystem.  In today’s times many many schools have not only caught but surpassed Corbin, now is the time to figure out how to fix all the parts of the system
It’s been 40 years my friend. I’m not sure Corbin can be considered as a football powerhouse any longer. It doesn’t matter if you go undefeated in regular season with a mediocre schedule. Look at belfry 0-5 to start but finished as State Champions. I do agree with you about the Daddy ball concept as Corbin has always allowed Daddy Ball in every sport going on at Corbin. Daddy ball was so obvious this season that every fan in attendance was aggravated except those fans that daddy ball helps their kid to shine. Superintendent has gotta set his foot down on the daddy ball issue or Corbin Football won’t win another Championship till Haddix moves on from Boyle or retires.

Criticize in private
Praise in public

Which school will you coach at next year, Coach?
(12-05-2021, 10:05 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate that Jamesdeane. It’s almost as bad as being switched at birth!
Now that’s a concept. Haddix is a winner and Corbin people should be furious with the powers to be if in fact he was treated and done the way people on here are saying. 2 State Championship’s back to back. Haddix was at Corbin six years and won 5 District Championship’s, 4 Region Championship’s, 2 State Semifinals and 2 Runnerup State Championship. He’s been at Boyle two seasons and won both seasons  4A State Championship’s. So basically, Haddix has played on Kroger Field 4 times in 8 years for the State Championship. I might be a little off on the Corbin category but close. The current coaching staff has won 2 district Championships and appear to be very satisfied with those results. Are you kidding me?
I have written and erased so much that I will move on. All I got left to say is, I've seem this movie before. "A DECADE OF MEDIOCRITY : CORBIN FOOTBALL 2005-2014". Looks like the sequel will be "DAADY BALL: DIDN'T ALL YOU YELLOW JACKETS PLAY FOR CORBIN LAST YEAR?"

Criticize in private
Praise in public

"Super Dave" (still can't believe that)  just needs to do what needs to be done to fix the system, subsystem, and sub sub system.  It's been four gosh darn decades!!! A lot of systems are failing but it starts with poor leadership at the top and too many people(boosters) having input into the program's direction that have no business having any input. I never thought I would say this but I may never see another state title at Corbin in my lifetime. Too many adults putting their own interests above that of the kids and the program.  As someone already mentioned, running Haddix out of town will likely go down as the worst decision in the history of the program.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8