Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
These post are amusing. I didn’t see any great discrepancies in talent. Corbin had some good players. But after hearing from everyone I expected to see some amazing discrepancy in athleticism. But central was just as athletic. Football is won on the line and central had the best line. You won’t find any running backs that run as hard as JC either. The whole team will hit you. That’s the difference.
(11-28-2021, 04:55 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: [ -> ]Good grief…let it go!!! I have never seen a fan base as delusional as Corbin. 

Unbelievable!!!

quit whining.
(11-28-2021, 03:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2021, 02:28 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 02:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:20 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?

The coaches, if that's what you call them, had all season to prepare for this game and this opponent. Everyone on this board knew at season's beginning that this game was coming. Two or three very good football minds on here knew what was coming last Friday. As loyal Redhound fans and supporters of these kids, they put as positive a pre-game spin on the matchup as possible, but they knew what the inevitable ugly outcome was going to be.

Barring a dozen turnovers by JC, Corbin had no shot coming into this one because of the lack of due diligence on the part of the coaches from day one of practice to implement and perfect a game plan that would give the Corbin kids the best chance of winning. Corbin had the athletes and the talent to win this matchup but they didn't have the leadership. The prep for 11/19 should have begun the first day of practice and it should have been free of coaching egos , personal agendas, and political bullshittery.  Sadly,   Corbin was doomed to have their season end this way from day ONE.

(11-25-2021, 04:04 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?
My thoughts are that Johnson Central was the better team. No one can convince me otherwise. Better team, better coaches. Corbin's coaching staff failed in having Corbin ready to play Central. Losing to Johnson Central wasn't the biggest disappointment, not being competitive with the Eagles was. The "good ole boy" system at Corbin should be a great example to to other schools on how not to chose a coaching staff. Haddix tried to change some of that, and look how that ended up.

Corbin receivers dropped passes all year, but the kid with the best hands on the team, a kid with D1 offers, is playing linebacker only? That's not an OC decision, OL or DL coach decision, etc, that comes from the top.

I could go on and on, but Johnson Central was the better team. My hope is they bring the title back to the mountains.

Finally a post that I think a lot of the Corbin fan base can agree on from you.  Personally I didn’t think the measure of our season was based upon whether we beat JC or not that’s not being down to earth about any program you support, but I did expect us to be competitive and have a chance to win much like Franklin had their chances but came up short, those kids have nothing to hang their head about.  Corbin’s changes have to start at the top I’m afraid it’s more than just the coaches, the school board and many of the people in the administration need replaced with people that are down to earth and don’t have the elitist Corbinite attitude.  I didn’t and still don’t like how Justin Haddix was treated while he was here, during his transition to Boyle, and since he’s been gone by many who are in charge.  Good luck to both Boyle and JC Friday night for an injury free game, I’m not saying much else in the open forum I just don’t have the stomach for it any more. God Bless everyone on here, wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and New Year, and to our Corbin seniors I want them to now how much this old hound loves them and wish them nothing but success going forward, I hope they grab life by the horns and are successful in whatever they chose to do in their life away from the field, sure wish I’d been able to hug them and tell them in person.

Elitist Corbinite is what I never did like about Corbin, but I know not all people from Corbin are like that.
Corbin Illuminati  Big Grin It’s only a few but that’s all it takes.
(11-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin Illuminati  Big Grin It’s only a few but that’s all it takes.
I was driving by The Grove saw some men walking into the Bohemian Club. They were bringing in lots of boxes possibly containing food and beverages along with some cages that appeared to have live Crow in them.  Not sure if the Crow was for sacrifice or for consumption.

(11-28-2021, 01:09 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2021, 10:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2021, 07:48 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin.  Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen.  Loaded athletically and deep.  My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?

As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.

The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.
(11-28-2021, 01:09 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2021, 07:48 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin.  Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen.  Loaded athletically and deep.  My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?

As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.

The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.

With that kind of judgment, I bet I know how she voted last November as well. She should suffer painful hemorrhoids for the remainder of her existence.  May have cost Corbin a state title.  Thanks a lot, lady.
(11-29-2021, 07:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

With that kind of judgment, I bet I know how she voted last November as well. She should suffer painful hemorrhoids for the remainder of her existence.  May have cost Corbin a state title.  Thanks a lot, lady.
Lots of assumptions.  The Illuminati strikes again.  Smoke and mirrors.  Everyone is caught up on the committee. Had no bearing on the play.  Get it?  The OC called for motion but it was just eye candy.  Suckered you right in.

November?

(11-30-2021, 01:58 AM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]

Lots of assumptions.  The Illuminati strikes again.  Smoke and mirrors.  Everyone is caught up on the committee. Had no bearing on the play.  Get it?  The OC called for motion but it was just eye candy.  Suckered you right in.
Assumptions seem to be the word of the day concerning Corbin Football. Why is that? It sounds like from everything I’ve read on here that committee wanted Franklin County Coach and the Super didn’t accept that and hired Greer? Is that a correct assumption based on the comments in here?
(11-30-2021, 12:02 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

November?

(11-27-2021, 10:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.

Assumptions seem to be the word of the day concerning Corbin Football. Why is that? It sounds like from everything I’ve read on here that committee wanted Franklin County Coach and the Super didn’t accept that and hired Greer? Is that a correct assumption based on the comments in here?
If you are an outsider (not from Corbin) it all sounds like assumptions. If you are from Corbin or live in Corbin, most of all of this is confirmed. Haddix has made his side of the story well know. As would I, if I was treated as he was. Haddix was told there was no teaching jobs for potential assistant coaches in 2019 but Corbin had 2 teachers that were coaching at a school just down the road. Bet he doesn't have that problem at Boyle. Also bet that Boyle didn't tell him if he wanted extra money for coaches that he could earn it by cutting the grass at the football field. Talk to some of Haddix's old Corbin staff who are part of Greer's staff, they will confirm it too. This committee talk is nonsense. That's just being used for cover. The Corbin superintendent made the decision on who to hire. As far as Franklin County's coach, he didn't have a chance. Once Greer said he wanted the job, it was his. That's the Corbin way. Yes I am a Haddix fan. But I am a bigger Corbin fan. Like a lot of Corbin fans, I thought talent would overcome the good ole boy system. It didn't. 
(11-30-2021, 01:44 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2021, 10:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.

November?

(11-28-2021, 01:09 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.

If you are an outsider (not from Corbin) it all sounds like assumptions. If you are from Corbin or live in Corbin, most of all of this is confirmed. Haddix has made his side of the story well know. As would I, if I was treated as he was. Haddix was told there was no teaching jobs for potential assistant coaches in 2019 but Corbin had 2 teachers that were coaching at a school just down the road. Bet he doesn't have that problem at Boyle. Also bet that Boyle didn't tell him if he wanted extra money for coaches that he could earn it by cutting the grass at the football field. Talk to some of Haddix's old Corbin staff who are part of Greer's staff, they will confirm it too. This committee talk is nonsense. That's just being used for cover. The Corbin superintendent made the decision on who to hire. As far as Franklin County's coach, he didn't have a chance. Once Greer said he wanted the job, it was his. That's the Corbin way. Yes I am a Haddix fan. But I am a bigger Corbin fan. Like a lot of Corbin fans, I thought talent would overcome the good ole boy system. It didn't. 
Earn it by cutting grass? The head coach? That’s unbelievable. Any changes in future for next season or is this the way it will be?
Cutting Grass......... some of them old Corbinites would cut the grass with a pair of kindergarten scissors 3 times a week before they'd let their coach mow it on a air conditioned tractor. Cutting grass at Corbin Football isn't a problem, Corbin has as much or more community support than any team in Kentucky, those folks truly love their Hounds.....in 2021 JC was playing inspired ball for their Coach and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win all. Cut the Grass....bahahahahahahah

November?

(11-28-2021, 01:09 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.

I've known the Big Cheese of the Corbin school system since we were both in elementary school.  Dude should not even be making decisions for grade schoolers. Seriously. Like Greer, he was not particularly good in high school . Definitely not a Rhodes scholar. He would have chosen Greer over Bill Belichick.  Being a  good ol' Corbin boy is more than enough on a resume.
If you took the two teams and switched coaching staffs, whichever group of kids had JC's staff would win 9 times out of 10. Thats about all that needs to be said.

November?

I agree with everything except the committee being nonsense. The committee voted for James TWICE, I have seen the notes from the vote and can prove it. One voter went as far to write LSU would hire James after seeing his 30/60/90 day plan. The powers to be wouldn’t hire him and James called that Thursday and said if you haven’t hired me by now, I must not be your guy. Then super hired Greer. Their has been some members getting mud thrown at them that doesn’t deserve it, they done the job that was ask and later found out they were in kangaroo court.
(11-30-2021, 04:47 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Cutting Grass......... some of them old Corbinites would cut the grass with a pair of kindergarten scissors 3 times a week before they'd let their coach mow it on a air conditioned tractor.  Cutting grass at Corbin Football isn't a problem, Corbin has as much or more community support than any team in Kentucky, those folks truly love their Hounds.....in 2021 JC was playing inspired ball for their Coach and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win all.          Cut the Grass....bahahahahahahah
U obviously aren’t in the know.   Yes.  They made Haddix cut the grass on the practice field. Even bought him a 1985 model reel mower.   He was also in charge of turning on the sprinklers 2-3 times a day.  I live close to that field. They were gonna offer him a little more money to stay and do that.  I don’t have to ask anyone. I seen it with my own eyes. Also. I’ve never ever seen Tommy sit his butt on the mower.    I wasn’t even a fan of Haddix in the beginning. Thought he was too young, and just didn’t think he was mature enuf to handle the program.  But man he proved me wrong. The guy knows how to Lead, knows how to get the kids envolved, 99% of the parents loved him, and lastly the community loved him.   
Ask Boyle.   We have a bunch of old hounds running around town with blinders on over here.  What a disgrace/mess. They deserve everything they got coming to them and more.  Ha ha
(11-30-2021, 08:54 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 04:47 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]Cutting Grass......... some of them old Corbinites would cut the grass with a pair of kindergarten scissors 3 times a week before they'd let their coach mow it on a air conditioned tractor.  Cutting grass at Corbin Football isn't a problem, Corbin has as much or more community support than any team in Kentucky, those folks truly love their Hounds.....in 2021 JC was playing inspired ball for their Coach and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win all.          Cut the Grass....bahahahahahahah
U obviously aren’t in the know.   Yes.  They made Haddix cut the grass on the practice field. Even bought him a 1985 model reel mower.   He was also in charge of turning on the sprinklers 2-3 times a day.  I live close to that field. They were gonna offer him a little more money to stay and do that.  I don’t have to ask anyone. I seen it with my own eyes. Also. I’ve never ever seen Tommy sit his butt on the mower.    I wasn’t even a fan of Haddix in the beginning. Thought he was too young, and just didn’t think he was mature enuf to handle the program.  But man he proved me wrong. The guy knows how to Lead, knows how to get the kids envolved, 99% of the parents loved him, and lastly the community loved him.   
Ask Boyle.   We have a bunch of old hounds running around town with blinders on over here.  What a disgrace/mess. They deserve everything they got coming to them and more.  Ha ha

TRUTH!
(11-30-2021, 09:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

TRUTH!
Seen one yalls players and dad wearing Boyle County attire at Semi-final with Logan County. Things that make you go hmmm??‍♂️??‍♂️

People couldn’t script this any better. I just hate it for the Seniors who deserved better that what they was given at the end. Hats off to JC as they play Boyle County for the top spot in 4A. Good luck to both teams..
(11-30-2021, 09:13 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 09:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

TRUTH!
Seen one yalls players and dad wearing Boyle County attire at Semi-final with Logan County. Things that make you go hmmm??‍♂️??‍♂️

People couldn’t script this any better. I just hate it for the Seniors who deserved better that what they was given at the end. Hats off to JC as they play Boyle County for the top spot in 4A. Good luck to both teams..

Hell I was there dressed in Black. Justin and I talked a couple times a week, I knew where he stood and He knew where I stood. If my son wasn’t playing, I will be cheering for Justin. He gave me something that is priceless and I will forever be grateful, in 2018 I had a son playing, one on the bench as a freshman and a daughter all on Kroger field at one time. You better believe I was blacked out, will be this week also. Go Boyle, I am trading red for black and gold now, I am now a Rebel, there sidelines doesn’t feel like your waiting in line at a funeral visitation they have swagger.
I was there and the only Corbin player I saw there was #40 freshman linebacker and his dad. If anyone else was there I must have missed them. I had a great time myself. I'll definately be going back because from what I'm hearing is true, I'll have plenty of more reasons to cheer for them. But I consider Haddix a friend, he was honest with me when he left and I had kept in touch with him. He is a one of a kind. Boy, if I could turn back time..........

High Viz, I remember some things you said and boy, you was 100% right.
(11-28-2021, 06:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2021, 04:55 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: [ -> ]Good grief…let it go!!! I have never seen a fan base as delusional as Corbin. 

Unbelievable!!!

quit whining.
You fellas are something. Will Corbin win District next year? If so, who’s coaching what?
(12-01-2021, 01:39 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2021, 06:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Unbelievable!!!

quit whining.
You fellas are something. Will Corbin win District next year? If so, who’s coaching what?

Same bunch, same outcome. Not till the top changes will results change.

Is it indeed the case that a female committee member was persuaded to change her vote from James to Greer after the first couple of rounds of voting ?
(11-24-2021, 09:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ][Image: lbrhvi.jpg]
[Image: iAUORo.jpg]
[Image: 691zWo.jpg]
Ok, I was going to upload another thread but its not there. The question was asked did anything stand out on the game film. I have a view of my own of what I see. Thats why I titled it looking at film. This isn't smack at a team. This is food for thought. We ran this defense primarily the entire season minus one D Lineman. This is what I saw. Corbin in a situation on the first drive of the game to get the ball back and set the tone for the night. Its 4th down and 2.5 or 3 yards to get the 1st down. This is a huge play. This could determine lots in this caliber of a ballgame. The JC blockers was getting to the linebackers making the block. I thought in this 4th down situation, it would have been better to blitz the gaps after it was determined what side the ball was going to. This pretty much is the summary of the entire night. The running back got about a 6-8 yard gain setting themselves up for a big night. 
[Image: ZQJmtv.jpg]
[Image: ZEtpq0.jpg]
Johnson Central has a heck of a blocking team. I call it text book blocking. They are really good at what they do. Diciplined. I think Franklin County understood the concept of filling the gap. Wathing there film, they identified the side the ball was going to and crashed the line of scrimmage. I think if Corbin would have did this on the 4th and 2.5 or 3 play, it maybe of went a different way. Like I said, it was asked did film reveal anything, I think it did. If you go back to the Simon Kenton game for us, our defense was exposed with the goal being #41 getting double teams consistent and then taking out our linebackers with blockers and this kind of sums up what I saw and honestly other coaches saw it because I heard there fan bases saying the same things.

[Image: 9Vg1DC.jpg]
[Image: VJp9jt.jpg]
Offense I saw the run was there for the taking. Not every single play but would have loved to seen it with all our guys in action.
#10 not playing on offense was definitely a head scratcher. Was he injured?
No, he wasnt injured.
(12-01-2021, 11:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it indeed the case that a female committee member was persuaded to change her vote from James to Greer after the first couple of rounds of voting ?
OSH, No disrespect but that story is not accurate.  Someone close to the committee or an admin may have stated that to save face but none of what you described happened in that way.  If it had, those that know would feel a lot better about the process.
(11-30-2021, 08:21 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]If you took the two teams and switched coaching staffs, whichever group of kids had JC's staff would win 9 times out of 10. Thats about all that needs to be said.
Tell us how you really feel. In my opinion Corbin has to bring up the middle school coach to do the playcalling with the next three or four years of teams. The middle school coach truly cares for the kids that play for him and he’s molded the majority of kids that came thru his middle school program. I’ve heard many parents and community members say same thing. If Corbin is to be competitive in 4A next year they gotta get back to old school Corbin Football and quit playing politics at the High School level.
Let it go…Let it go…
(12-02-2021, 09:44 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2021, 11:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

OSH, No disrespect but that story is not accurate.  Someone close to the committee or an admin may have stated that to save face but none of what you described happened in that way.  If it had, those that know would feel a lot better about the process.

Cap, I didn't say it happened. Someone else on here said that was what happened and I was just asking if it was true.  Someone told me yesterday that the committee voted for James but that some of the good ol' boy boosters bitched about the decision and  Super C sit on it until James removed his name and then Super C went with Greer. 

Sounds like the selection committee did the right thing but the good ol' boys effed it up and the inferior candidate got the job.

(12-03-2021, 02:41 AM)khsgamenight Wrote: [ -> ]Let it go…Let it go…

Johnsonville,   let go of your weiner  !!!
This all sounds like it would make a great 30 for 30 on ESPN.

Or Netflix could do a limited series....

Thoughts for the name of the show......????
(12-03-2021, 01:22 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]This all sounds like it would make a great 30 for 30 on ESPN.

Or Netflix could do a limited series....

Thoughts for the name of the show......????
Fieldhouse Blues should be the name of show after Haddix wins 2nd State Championship tonight back to back. Haddix is best playcaller and Coach in 4A. Will Corbin stay with current OC or bring up middle school coach? He’s definitely the one man in program who can turn this offense around next season. Greer will have his defense ready that’s for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8