Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(11-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]How many seniors does Corbin lose

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

Losing 16 Seniors. Happy Thanksgiving Gold River!

(11-25-2021, 12:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:20 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?
No idea. But Corbin isn't a program that lacks talent or coaching and neither is JC. JC is a tough match up for anyone because they love to possess the football. And you are right in that if you can find a way to either keep them out of 3rd/4th and short or stop them on 3rd/4th and short a couple three times a game your chances of winning drastically improve. Of course you are going to have to find a couple three big plays on offense in the meantime. Those are not easy things to do because JC starts teaching their guys to play this way at an early age. JMO

Shouldn't Corbin be a tough matchup for them as well? Do you think Corbin utilized all their talent in the last game? Happy Thanksgiving!

Not even close on utilizing the talent IMO. Happy Thanksgiving PJDoug! pass the desert!  Big Grin

I have plenty and you're welcome anytime. You should see my brisket.
(11-25-2021, 05:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]These are some good analysis, honestly I’m impressed. As a FC fan, we wanted to see Corbin again, felt like our coaches and kids time since the early
Loss has been better spent than that of the redhounds.

I like Eddie James and this team. I knew ealier what I saw on the field for Franklin wasnt there best. Timing has alot to do with everything and I think good coaches make the most out of losses. We new the 2cd time around Franklin would be a different animal. Franklin plays with passion and with the right breaks could win this Friday. They already have passed the test on Johnson Central last year. The only thing for me is the QB they lost a year ago was so good in the big games. QB play is crucial and can make or break a team. I agree with you about our team. I don't feel like they utilized the availabe talent and film for the betterment of the team. It really showed against JC. Not taking anything against JC. Thats a heck of a football team and well coached. But there is things they do that can be taken advantage of but you have to look hard to see it. Very fundamentally sound football team all the way around.
Always respectful in your comments for all teams, good luck we will have another battle next year!
Hopefully, appreciate that.
(11-25-2021, 09:21 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Make all the excuses you want to. Johnson central kicked corbins butt just like they will do Franklin County. REVENGE. WHERE ARE YOU BOYLE COUNTY? HAVE ANY SMART REMARKS THIS TIME???

I always have plenty  smart remarks for Pike Central fans trying to kick a team while they're down. I'll get back to you ,and roast you later, little arrogant and cocky gnat.
(11-25-2021, 09:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 09:21 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Make all the excuses you want to. Johnson central kicked corbins butt just like they will do Franklin County. REVENGE. WHERE ARE YOU BOYLE COUNTY? HAVE ANY SMART REMARKS THIS TIME???

I heard we worked out a deal with JC to let them move on. Thats why Mills didnt play on offense.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

LOL!
(11-25-2021, 12:21 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Great thread Bull!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you're doing well.
(11-25-2021, 12:36 PM)Mister D Wrote: [ -> ]I like that JC mixed in quite a few 2 wide receiver sets against Corbin. It also looked like they used some I formation or some broken wishbone looks instead of the normal full house set. That decision helped to spread the field a little bit and it was 9x9 in the box instead of 11v11.

I think JC would be smart to mix in a lot of those same looks against Franklin. Against a strong defensive team it’s going to be hard to get consistent yardage going 11v11 in the box even with the great oline that Jc has. There’s just too many bodies clogging up a congested area. Spreading the field just a little bit will help to open up run lanes.

Franklin County will probably crash the gaps more.
(11-25-2021, 09:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:36 PM)Mister D Wrote: [ -> ]I like that JC mixed in quite a few 2 wide receiver sets against Corbin. It also looked like they used some I formation or some broken wishbone looks instead of the normal full house set. That decision helped to spread the field a little bit and it was 9x9 in the box instead of 11v11.

I think JC would be smart to mix in a lot of those same looks against Franklin. Against a strong defensive team it’s going to be hard to get consistent yardage going 11v11 in the box even with the great oline that Jc has. There’s just too many bodies clogging up a congested area. Spreading the field just a little bit will help to open up run lanes.

I guarantee it. Franklin County changed there defense in that game last year to do just that. Johnson Central can do the same on the other side of the ball. Its going to be a fun game to watch and see which team makes the best defensive adjustments. Last year, I think Mooreman was used more as a reciever than running back in that game. I look for Franklin to do what they did last year and see if it works but add Mooreman to the mix running the ball more. If he breaks some runs it could change the game. I don't look for this to be a high scoring game. I think the first team to 28 points wins.

I have to give the advantage to Johnson Central. They are at home. They are playing passionate football right now.
(11-25-2021, 09:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I guarantee it. Franklin County changed there defense in that game last year to do just that. Johnson Central can do the same on the other side of the ball. Its going to be a fun game to watch and see which team makes the best defensive adjustments. Last year, I think Mooreman was used more as a reciever than running back in that game. I look for Franklin to do what they did last year and see if it works but add Mooreman to the mix running the ball more. If he breaks some runs it could change the game. I don't look for this to be a high scoring game. I think the first team to 28 points wins.

I have to give the advantage to Johnson Central. They are at home. They are playing passionate football right now.
The coaches playing a chess match is what makes i fun. it's frustrating when adjustments are not made. Johnson central is a tough football team. A lot of Corbin fans are misunderstood, and some people take it as you insulting Johnson Central because of your frustration, when in reality that is not the case. Johnson Central will have that power running game coming right at Franklin County too, and they will be hard to stop, but I bet the coaching staff will make adjustments, and "try" to  slow it down.
Any Redhounds coming to JC tommorow night?
(11-25-2021, 10:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

The coaches playing a chess match is what makes i fun. it's frustrating when adjustments are not made. Johnson central is a tough football team. A lot of Corbin fans are misunderstood, and some people take it as you insulting Johnson Central because of your frustration, when in reality that is not the case. Johnson Central will have that power running game coming right at Franklin County too, and they will be hard to stop, but I bet the coaching staff will make adjustments, and "try" to  slow it down.

I love breaking down the film and looking at the possibles. Film don't lie. I paid real close attention to Johnson Central on there game film and man the blocking these boys are doing and the what I call timed holds on the defense and then they release at the right time. Not many teams do that. I noticed Beechwood does it. I don't see a thing in the world wrong with it. You can see it plain as day on film. To me, the little things or should I say the big things like blocking is more of the key to there success. I could run with that blocking. Now I couldnt break tackles like they did. But I would trip lol and gain a yard or two. Now, Franklin County does what I call a pursuit defense. The whole team reacts to the side of the ball. 

[Image: Lv0tYG.jpg]
Notice when the ball is snapped how the defense reacts. 
[Image: 8AML3Y.jpg]
You can see every player reacting to the ball. That was the key to there success last year. When they determined where the ball was going, they were hustling to stop it. When you play a contain defense on a team like Johnson Central. You are a sitting duck. Heck, you might be a sitting duck anyways trying to stop it. They are just good at what they do. Then with 3 guys running this year, it will be a little trickier to figure out where the mouse went.  Big Grin

(11-25-2021, 11:22 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]Any Redhounds coming to JC tommorow night?

Id love to see that game. I'm going to watch it when I get home from the Boyle County game. I'm a fan of the game and thats going to be a good one over there. Two heavyweights going at it for 12 rounds. 2 future teammates for the University of Kentucky as well. Just like last week. I will be at the championships though. Holler at me Gold River if you guys punch the golden ticket. I want to see some of the champioships. Last years 2A and 4A was unreal football. I think I'm going to watch 4 or 5 of the 6 games. Good luck again to you guys! I still been praying for your community as a whole!
(11-25-2021, 05:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]These are some good analysis, honestly I’m impressed. As a FC fan, we wanted to see Corbin again, felt like our coaches and kids time since the early
Loss has been better spent than that of the redhounds.

I doubt you’ll get many arguments about that, your losses payed dividends, while we were busy playing teams from the Mickey Mouse club…
(11-25-2021, 05:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 04:04 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?

Some of these fans breaking down game film have won state championships
Doesn't mean they are good at it.
(11-26-2021, 04:10 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 04:04 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin fans sitting at home breaking down game film and posting threads, trying their best to prove the coaches cost them the game. Has it occurred to anyone that regardless who was coaching, JC was just the better team and the outcome would have probably been the same?

Smile
(11-26-2021, 04:10 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]

You showed how good you are at it last Friday.
(11-25-2021, 11:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 10:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I love breaking down the film and looking at the possibles. Film don't lie. I paid real close attention to Johnson Central on there game film and man the blocking these boys are doing and the what I call timed holds on the defense and then they release at the right time. Not many teams do that. I noticed Beechwood does it. I don't see a thing in the world wrong with it. You can see it plain as day on film. To me, the little things or should I say the big things like blocking is more of the key to there success. I could run with that blocking. Now I couldnt break tackles like they did. But I would trip lol and gain a yard or two. Now, Franklin County does what I call a pursuit defense. The whole team reacts to the side of the ball. 

[Image: Lv0tYG.jpg]
Notice when the ball is snapped how the defense reacts. 
[Image: 8AML3Y.jpg]
You can see every player reacting to the ball. That was the key to there success last year. When they determined where the ball was going, they were hustling to stop it. When you play a contain defense on a team like Johnson Central. You are a sitting duck. Heck, you might be a sitting duck anyways trying to stop it. They are just good at what they do. Then with 3 guys running this year, it will be a little trickier to figure out where the mouse went.  Big Grin

(11-25-2021, 11:22 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]Any Redhounds coming to JC tommorow night?

Id love to see that game. I'm going to watch it when I get home from the Boyle County game. I'm a fan of the game and thats going to be a good one over there. Two heavyweights going at it for 12 rounds. 2 future teammates for the University of Kentucky as well. Just like last week. I will be at the championships though. Holler at me Gold River if you guys punch the golden ticket. I want to see some of the champioships. Last years 2A and 4A was unreal football. I think I'm going to watch 4 or 5 of the 6 games. Good luck again to you guys! I still been praying for your community as a whole!
I think they did more of a run to your gap at the snap of the ball then re-direct when you see flow. When we went against them this year they did the same thing no matter what your formation. FC tries to overwhelm you with speed and aggression, they do not squeeze or get hands on up front, all about penetration to try and disrupt.
 Getting hands on or just shooting gaps on the defensive front has been an difference in philosophy that has been around since the dawn of football.

Ft. Thomas Highlands when they were winning all those titles in a row did the same thing that FC is doing right now. For the record, Highlands was doing the same thing on defense up until this year too, so they were feast and famine with that style.

Who gives the ok for people to post teams film, clips or screenshots? What I mean are the people making this post members of the team with access to their Hudl accounts or is this public film?
If there is a way to access the film, I would love to watch it....well any and all film!
Film speaks for itself...............

I like Franklin Countys approach.

There is other defenses I like but against the run, Im picky.
(11-26-2021, 04:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Film speaks for itself...............

I like Franklin Countys approach.

There is other defenses I like but against the run, Im picky.
For FC, it is a smart way to play defense based upon their size and speed. FC has some big guys but not many, so they utilize what they have and put them in a position to succeed.
There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin. Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen. Loaded athletically and deep. My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?
(11-27-2021, 07:48 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin.  Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen.  Loaded athletically and deep.  My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?
Looks like they'll have the talent to make a run at it for a long time.
(11-27-2021, 07:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2021, 07:48 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin.  Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen.  Loaded athletically and deep.  My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?
Talent can get you some newspaper clippings.  Gonna need more than talent to get beyond the second round.  That is where the run begins.

(11-27-2021, 08:34 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]
Talent can get you some newspaper clippings.  Gonna need more than talent to get beyond the second round.  That is where the run begins.

Cappy, I heard it too. I'm still trying to come back to reality from a week ago. Takes some time. Whats crazy is I have had some great conversations with friends about this very subject. Corbin now has to go back to square 1. Talent like PJdoug said is going to be there. Middle school program is winning championships. Corbin is a program I am proud to be a part of. The love of football in the community is unreal. That is a winning combination. You cant go back and change what has taken place. Going forward...............................
(11-27-2021, 07:48 PM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a lot fo build up to this post season run for Corbin. Listened to many former Redhounds, many that have seen the best of the best players, coaches and teams play at Corbin, say that this was the best team they have ever seen. Loaded athletically and deep. My question would be, if this was the team that could take Corbin to the finals and they had the Coach to do that, will Corbin Ever have a shot of getting there again?

As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central. Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good. Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it. JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision. If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case. JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.
Good grief…let it go!!! I have never seen a fan base as delusional as Corbin. 

Unbelievable!!!
(11-25-2021, 02:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:20 AM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2021, 11:48 PM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with the alignment. Looks like JC gap blocked from the PST down and the 3tech got destroyed and the 9 tech didn't squeeze and ran up the field and got kicked out. 9 tech not squeezing and running up the field not only made him an easy kickout but it also allowed the te to pretty much pick off the PSLB on the snap. PSWing turned out the force and there's 6 yards about everytime. BSLB is trying to get there. Not sure who is blocking the BSLB but looks like he never had a chance either because he has a hat on him and he is still at 5yards. That means another DL didn't do their job and squeeze the escape of an OL on his backside scoop. Most likely the backside 3 technique didn't get hands on and keep the BSG from scooping up to the BSLB. You can see in the second picture that both ILBS are being blocked at 5yards which means the guys in front of them (defensive lineman) aren't playing with very good technique. Definitely not an alignment issue because there are 11 humans within six yards of the LOS. Alignment is solid and this is more about execution.

Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?
Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

There's no question how good Johnson Central is. I know we always say take it one game at a time, but didn't the Corbin staff have a pretty good idea of the teams they'd face in the playoffs? Maybe they just didn't have time to look at game film on these teams until a week before they played? is the Johnson Central offense a lot different than it was last year?

The coaches, if that's what you call them, had all season to prepare for this game and this opponent. Everyone on this board knew at season's beginning that this game was coming. Two or three very good football minds on here knew what was coming last Friday. As loyal Redhound fans and supporters of these kids, they put as positive a pre-game spin on the matchup as possible, but they knew what the inevitable ugly outcome was going to be.

Barring a dozen turnovers by JC, Corbin had no shot coming into this one because of the lack of due diligence on the part of the coaches from day one of practice to implement and perfect a game plan that would give the Corbin kids the best chance of winning. Corbin had the athletes and the talent to win this matchup but they didn't have the leadership. The prep for 11/19 should have begun the first day of practice and it should have been free of coaching egos , personal agendas, and political bullshittery.  Sadly,   Corbin was doomed to have their season end this way from day ONE.
I agree and that’s a hard pill for anyone in Corbin to swallow. Corbin lost this one with arguably the most talented group assembled. I hate it for these Seniors.

(11-27-2021, 10:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]

As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.
Finally..Wow, no truer words ever spoken on this site. But will it come to fruition?

As painful as it is for me to say, Corbin football died in 2018 against knox central at central.  Thats when the agenda began. Numbers have dropped by double digits since, next season Corbin will be lucky to dress 55, boosters are upset and the state of the program is not good.  Current staff will have to resign, super wont do anything and they know it.  JC was the easy way out, if we would have won and then franklin beat us there would have been members of the 7 person committee that would have released how they voted and super wouldn’t accept there decision.  If we would have made it to Lexington and Haddix would have beat us then the whole damn town would made there case.  JC was the easy way for the current staff to dodge the wave and absorb the ripple.

The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.
(11-28-2021, 01:09 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

The committee was deadlocked between Greer and the Franklin County coach after the first couple of votes, then one person on the committee changed her vote and Greer got the nod.
Lot of people seem to know a lot of what’s going on inside Corbin Football is all I know. How does this information get around? And what’s gonna happen now?
(11-25-2021, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2021, 11:48 PM)Darth Hater Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with the alignment. Looks like JC gap blocked from the PST down and the 3tech got destroyed and the 9 tech didn't squeeze and ran up the field and got kicked out. 9 tech not squeezing and running up the field not only made him an easy kickout but it also allowed the te to pretty much pick off the PSLB on the snap. PSWing turned out the force and there's 6 yards about everytime. BSLB is trying to get there. Not sure who is blocking the BSLB but looks like he never had a chance either because he has a hat on him and he is still at 5yards. That means another DL didn't do their job and squeeze the escape of an OL on his backside scoop. Most likely the backside 3 technique didn't get hands on and keep the BSG from scooping up to the BSLB. You can see in the second picture that both ILBS are being blocked at 5yards which means the guys in front of them (defensive lineman) aren't playing with very good technique. Definitely not an alignment issue because there are 11 humans within six yards of the LOS. Alignment is solid and this is more about execution.

Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?
Well, JC is proficient at what they do is a much more likely explanation. IMO it isn't a lack of talent or coaching. Corbin just wasn't as good on this night. Thats about the best I can give you. JC forces you to play more run technique and if you are going to box the run your interior defensive lineman had better be really physical, play flat down the LOS,  and squeeze the life out of down blocks and backside scoop. Thats the only chance the ILB's have. That's alot to teach and learn in a week because JC isn't something you see week in and week out. It also helps that JC has a really nice D1 offensive lineman in the stable. Those aren't common either.

The coaches, if that's what you call them, had all season to prepare for this game and this opponent. Everyone on this board knew at season's beginning that this game was coming. Two or three very good football minds on here knew what was coming last Friday. As loyal Redhound fans and supporters of these kids, they put as positive a pre-game spin on the matchup as possible, but they knew what the inevitable ugly outcome was going to be.

Barring a dozen turnovers by JC, Corbin had no shot coming into this one because of the lack of due diligence on the part of the coaches from day one of practice to implement and perfect a game plan that would give the Corbin kids the best chance of winning. Corbin had the athletes and the talent to win this matchup but they didn't have the leadership. The prep for 11/19 should have begun the first day of practice and it should have been free of coaching egos , personal agendas, and political bullshittery.  Sadly,   Corbin was doomed to have their season end this way from day ONE.

My thoughts are that Johnson Central was the better team. No one can convince me otherwise. Better team, better coaches. Corbin's coaching staff failed in having Corbin ready to play Central. Losing to Johnson Central wasn't the biggest disappointment, not being competitive with the Eagles was. The "good ole boy" system at Corbin should be a great example to to other schools on how not to chose a coaching staff. Haddix tried to change some of that, and look how that ended up.

Corbin receivers dropped passes all year, but the kid with the best hands on the team, a kid with D1 offers, is playing linebacker only? That's not an OC decision, OL or DL coach decision, etc, that comes from the top.

I could go on and on, but Johnson Central was the better team. My hope is they bring the title back to the mountains.
(11-28-2021, 02:28 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin either had  water boy for a defensive coordinator or needed one. Why weren't the defensive linemen playing with better technique? lack of talent or what?

My thoughts are that Johnson Central was the better team. No one can convince me otherwise. Better team, better coaches. Corbin's coaching staff failed in having Corbin ready to play Central. Losing to Johnson Central wasn't the biggest disappointment, not being competitive with the Eagles was. The "good ole boy" system at Corbin should be a great example to to other schools on how not to chose a coaching staff. Haddix tried to change some of that, and look how that ended up.

Corbin receivers dropped passes all year, but the kid with the best hands on the team, a kid with D1 offers, is playing linebacker only? That's not an OC decision, OL or DL coach decision, etc, that comes from the top.

I could go on and on, but Johnson Central was the better team. My hope is they bring the title back to the mountains.

Finally a post that I think a lot of the Corbin fan base can agree on from you.  Personally I didn’t think the measure of our season was based upon whether we beat JC or not that’s not being down to earth about any program you support, but I did expect us to be competitive and have a chance to win much like Franklin had their chances but came up short, those kids have nothing to hang their head about.  Corbin’s changes have to start at the top I’m afraid it’s more than just the coaches, the school board and many of the people in the administration need replaced with people that are down to earth and don’t have the elitist Corbinite attitude.  I didn’t and still don’t like how Justin Haddix was treated while he was here, during his transition to Boyle, and since he’s been gone by many who are in charge.  Good luck to both Boyle and JC Friday night for an injury free game, I’m not saying much else in the open forum I just don’t have the stomach for it any more. God Bless everyone on here, wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and New Year, and to our Corbin seniors I want them to now how much this old hound loves them and wish them nothing but success going forward, I hope they grab life by the horns and are successful in whatever they chose to do in their life away from the field, sure wish I’d been able to hug them and tell them in person.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8