Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Paintsville 10/25/2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Both teams had snoozers this week so let’s get this party started.

Last year Paintsville won the district but lost in the playoffs to Raceland at home.
1-0 Paintsville...cause it’s like watching paint dry when these to play
RAMDAD50 Wrote:1-0 Paintsville...cause it’s like watching paint dry when these to play

Totally disagree. In low scoring games every single play matters. In 45-44 games you can overcome many mistakes because so many points are scored.
2000PHS Wrote:Totally disagree. In low scoring games every single play matters. In 45-44 games you can overcome many mistakes because so many points are scored.

Not what I’m saying! Last years games were sorry attempts from both coaching staffs! They tried to micromanage the game so much they hold their players back! There was way to many playmakers on the field last year on both teams for such a low score! Sometimes you gotta roll the dice and let your players make plays
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Not what I’m saying! Last years games were sorry attempts from both coaching staffs! They tried to micromanage the game so much they hold their players back! There was way to many playmakers on the field last year on both teams for such a low score! Sometimes you gotta roll the dice and let your players make plays

Always the coaches' fault smh...
Did you ever stop to consider that maybe both defenses played well? There was a total of 27 points scored (combined) in both games last year.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Not what I’m saying! Last years games were sorry attempts from both coaching staffs! They tried to micromanage the game so much they hold their players back! There was way to many playmakers on the field last year on both teams for such a low score! Sometimes you gotta roll the dice and let your players make plays

I don’t know what you expect Paintsville to do when 12 of 15 drives had a penalty.
2000PHS Wrote:I don’t know what you expect Paintsville to do when 12 of 15 drives had a penalty.

Poor Paintsville.
FootballGuy Wrote:Poor Paintsville.

I’ll spell it out for you, RamDad was sayin both coaching staffs were holding the reins back last year and my comment was to explain there aren’t many plays for 2&17 3&14. Figured a football guy would understand that.
Tigers take first game 21-14. Rematch a toss up
doubledown Wrote:Tigers take first game 21-14. Rematch a toss up

That would be considered an offensive explosion 💥
2000PHS Wrote:I’ll spell it out for you, RamDad was sayin both coaching staffs were holding the reins back last year and my comment was to explain there aren’t many plays for 2&17 3&14. Figured a football guy would understand that.
Poor 2000PHS got his BP up.
FootballGuy Wrote:Poor 2000PHS got his BP up.

Have any other adjectives in the vocabulary other than poor?

I of course I want to win but I know that we will see them again in round 2 no matter what happens. Due to playing in district we no longer have Paris to play Raceland lights out for a half to only completely implode in the 2nd lol
Rams by eleventy billion!
I may just whip everybody in Paintsville Friday!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I may just whip everybody in Paintsville Friday!

To be fair, about 35% of us would deserve it!
The qb for Raceland back?
2000PHS Wrote:Have any other adjectives in the vocabulary other than poor?

I of course I want to win but I know that we will see them again in round 2 no matter what happens. Due to playing in district we no longer have Paris to play Raceland lights out for a half to only completely implode in the 2nd lol

Now we can see Paintsville implode a round early 😂 Did that widen my vocabulary any for you?
FootballGuy Wrote:Now we can see Paintsville implode a round early 😂 Did that widen my vocabulary any for you?

You are now coping my words but we will call it an improvement!
Gargamel Wrote:The qb for Raceland back?

Yes and I’m happy that he is. Great athlete and I hate to see kids miss games because of injuries.
Raceland 35-14.
Slic Ric Wrote:Always the coaches' fault smh...
Did you ever stop to consider that maybe both defenses played well? There was a total of 27 points scored (combined) in both games last year.

it's easy to play defense against a team with no offense.
2000PHS Wrote:I don’t know what you expect Paintsville to do when 12 of 15 drives had a penalty.

stop jumping offsides and holding. lol
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I may just whip everybody in Paintsville Friday!

I hope it will be on Sports Overtime.
2000PHS Wrote:To be fair, about 35% of us would deserve it!

Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:stop jumping offsides and holding. lol

But that severely hinders our ability to win
pjdoug Wrote:it's easy to play defense against a team with no offense.

Paintsville held Pikeville to 9. I think they have a fairly decent offense for Class A.
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville held Pikeville to 9. I think they have a fairly decent offense for Class A.

Pikeville offensive side of the ball is completely different than what the Tigers saw in week 3....Rams seem to be gaining momentum as the season goes on. Paintsville might get the Rams here but w/ lack of Offensive identity Salmons will better Chirico again when it counts.
Gargamel Wrote:Pikeville offensive side of the ball is completely different than what the Tigers saw in week 3....Rams seem to be gaining momentum as the season goes on. Paintsville might get the Rams here but w/ lack of Offensive identity Salmons will better Chirico again when it counts.

I think we have pretty good offensive identity. Mix the ball around well to the Phelps brothers and Thomson also have good playaction to Poe and Keaton. The X factor is Hyden with his legs.

Plus I think even the biggest critic (you) would admit their defense will keep them in any Class A football game.
These predictions of a point total of 40 or 50 points is surprising to me. I don't see this being a high scoring game. Going with Raceland in the first matchup.

Rams 20
Tigers 14
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:These predictions of a point total of 40 or 50 points is surprising to me. I don't see this being a high scoring game. Going with Raceland in the first matchup.

Rams 20
Tigers 14

These 40 and 50 point predictions are people’s “poor” attempt at humor. (See what I did there FootballGuy) I think 20-14 is very close to what the score will be and it’s a toss up which team has the 20.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6