Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Paintsville 10/25/2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Paintsville to strong up front for Rams.

Tigers 24
Rams 10
Paintsville by 7
After watching both teams against a neutral opponent in Pikeville early in the season. I would give the edge to Paintsville. Raceland has two great athletes who does everything for them and rely heavily on them. And this is me saying this without the starting QB back and #8 who got hurt against Pikeville, i don’t know if they are back yet but I hope they are!

But the thing that’s going to make the difference in my opinion is the offensive line and defensive line. Paintsville on both sides of the line of scrimmage were really good and that #77 for Paintsville was a real beast and it really disrupted Pikeville in that game. So I give the edge to Paintsville in this game.

And again, if their QB is back and they are slinging that thing around it changes everything. Haven’t seen them except when they got put in a bad spot and had to run wildcat all night against Pikeville because the backup QB got hurt as well.
This is one of those games that is hard to predict, Raceland and Paintsville know each other better than most teams do. Throw everything out the window this will be a classic as always and then they get to do it again. Good luck to all and hope both teams come out healthy
Paintsville 14
Raceland 0
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville 14
Raceland 0

Both defensive TDs?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I may just whip everybody in Paintsville Friday!

Bring it big guy
I’ll be easy to find jack! I’ll be the one wearing orange and black!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I’ll be easy to find jack! I’ll be the one wearing orange and black!

Redneck Wrote:Bring it big guy

It’ll be live on Facebook. I’ll have to catch it on there. Lol
Spud6 Wrote:It’ll be live on Facebook. I’ll have to catch it on there. Lol

Will it be on the Around Paintsville website? Can you provide a link?
Been thinking about this game for 24hrs........With that said going with Painstville because I watched them this year 7 on 7 scrimmage against Corbin TongueirateSho

Painstville 14
Raceland 13
64SUR Wrote:Been thinking about this game for 24hrs........With that said going with Painstville because I watched them this year 7 on 7 scrimmage against Corbin TongueirateSho

Painstville 14
Raceland 13

You can’t concentrate on anything for 24 hrs!! Please.... Hahahah
PLEASE ADD DATES TO YOUR GAME THREADS!!!

Thank you.
Granny Bear Wrote: PLEASE ADD DATES TO YOUR GAME THREADS!!!

Thank you.

Good Lord. Not polite to yell.
I apologize. I've had to add dates to dozens of threads this season. But they weren't all your's! Wink

I'm in a bad mood too. Driven over 50 years and never had an accident where I was at fault...until Saturday. Sad
Granny Bear Wrote:I apologize. I've had to add dates to dozens of threads this season. But they weren't all your's! Wink

I'm in a bad mood too. Driven over 50 years and never had an accident where I was at fault...until Saturday. Sad

No worries! I was joking with you. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Me too. It happened in Lexington. Waited two hours for a police officer.

I hate Lexington!!
The East is a head scratcher , pikeville barely beats a struggling at the time Raceland team who finished with their 3rd QB , pikeville beats Paintsville by a close score Hazard beats Paintsville but gets ran off the field by Pikeville. Looks like it could be anybody’s to win
anotherfootballnut Wrote:The East is a head scratcher , pikeville barely beats a struggling at the time Raceland team who finished with their 3rd QB , pikeville beats Paintsville by a close score Hazard beats Paintsville but gets ran off the field by Pikeville. Looks like it could be anybody’s to win

I don’t think it’s a head scratcher. Pikeville has beaten all the contenders (don’t want to hear it Williamsburg). Hazard beat Paintsville but Paintsville was banged up and starting a freshman QB. Hopefully, the RPI will work out and the winner of Paintsville/ Raceland round 2 won’t see Pikeville until Lexington.
That's what I'm thinking. It's hard to know whose able to pull away from the pack. Should make for an interesting November.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:The East is a head scratcher , pikeville barely beats a struggling at the time Raceland team who finished with their 3rd QB , pikeville beats Paintsville by a close score Hazard beats Paintsville but gets ran off the field by Pikeville. Looks like it could be anybody’s to win

Your not going to able to compare Pikeville’s first three games with their last three games. With a young developing QB they will improve week to week offensively. Panther offense looked WAY better against Belfry and Hazard. Leaned on defense those first 3-4 games.
Hambley Wrote:Your not going to able to compare Pikeville’s first three games with their last three games. With a young developing QB they will improve week to week offensively. Panther offense looked WAY better against Belfry and Hazard. Leaned on defense those first 3-4 games.

I agree. However, I do think Paintsville’s offense has also improved. Paintsville has a true balanced attack with different options. Hard to fathom considering the talent that transferred out this year. Both Raceland and Paintsville have had key players either out for multiple weeks or kids trying to go when they just weren’t ready. Thankfully both teams appear to be healthy.
2000PHS Wrote:Both defensive TDs?

4 FGs and a safety hehe
This game has been decided by big plays over the last several years. Phelps got loose at Raceland, Allen caught a long TD pass at Paintsville, the offensive PI on Raceland at Paintsville, Gunner's 2 pick 6s. Seems like these two teams get yards bit by bit and play chess with field position until someone breaks a big play late in the game.
Only thing that truly concerns me is Raceland inability to score a single point against their 2 best opponents. BUT I dont think Paintsville is anywhere near as good as Ashland or Russell.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You can’t concentrate on anything for 24 hrs!! Please.... Hahahah

:biglmao:
2000PHS Wrote:Good Lord. Not polite to yell.

Double reverse eye roll at people calling CAPS yelling.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Only thing that truly concerns me is Raceland inability to score a single point against their 2 best opponents. BUT I dont think Paintsville is anywhere near as good as Ashland or Russell.

Paintsville’s defense is as good or better than last year. DL has been better than any Class A line.
Paintsville and Raceland is always a good game. Who cares if the score is 50-49 or 7-6. Good football is good football and both teams are coached really well. That being said I’m going with Paintsville in a close game decided by the defense.
At the skill positions Raceland is better then Ashland and Russell. What KILLED them against Russell was they got manhandled up front.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6