Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Paintsville 10/25/2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
DirtyWompus Wrote:Paintsville and Raceland is always a good game. Who cares if the score is 50-49 or 7-6. Good football is good football and both teams are coached really well. That being said I’m going with Paintsville in a close game decided by the defense.

I agree. I'll take Paintsville 14-7
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I may just whip everybody in Paintsville Friday!

I was going to go to the game, but now I think I'll just stay away from Paintsville on Friday.
Paintsville - 28
Raceland - 24
I hope to be in attendance for this one. Going to study some on this one before making a prediction.
Going with the home team.
Paintsvile 13
Raceland 6
bac2369 Wrote:I hope to be in attendance for this one. Going to study some on this one before making a prediction.

Bac2369 I stayed up all night studying for a blood test and I still didn’t get it right. The old saying study long study wrong, you might not have heard that since you are younger. Going to be a good game though.
scotty_bronson Wrote:only thing that truly concerns me is raceland inability to score a single point against their 2 best opponents. But i dont think paintsville is anywhere near as good as ashland or russell.

😂😂😂
Laugh all you want but I've watched all the top contenders in 1A. None of them look like teams that can beat Ashland or Russell. Pikeville on their Belfry night, yes. But the Pikeville I saw Raceland take to the wire with their 3rd string QB, wouldnt. And that's the same Pikeville team that only beat Paintsville by a handful of points. Comparatively 1A is more competitive within the class this year. But I dont think the top contenders are as good as they have been over the last few years.
I have to agree with Scotty , nobody in 1A would beat Ashland or Russell this year
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I have to agree with Scotty , nobody in 1A would beat Ashland or Russell this year

Nobody has seen NCC play
I guess the big question is with Jake being back how much does it change Raceland? We know they are far better with him but are they good enough with him to beat Paintsville....or even score against Assland or Russell? I believe we would’ve scored against both with him but idk if we’ve had enough reps with him back to go to Paintsville and win! How good can you get scoring 120 plus points on two opponents in two weeks? One thing is for sure....Ram fans will know after Friday....win or lose...if this Raceland can put a run together at the end of the season or not !
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I guess the big question is with Jake being back how much does it change Raceland? We know they are far better with him but are they good enough with him to beat Paintsville....or even score against Assland or Russell? I believe we would’ve scored against both with him but idk if we’ve had enough reps with him back to go to Paintsville and win! How good can you get scoring 120 plus points on two opponents in two weeks? One thing is for sure....Ram fans will know after Friday....win or lose...if this Raceland can put a run together at the end of the season or not !

In past seasons Paintsville has boat raced the Rams off the field in the regular season only to turn around in the post season and either win in dramatic fashion or out right get beat in a highly contested game. This game is for home field in Round 2 and the final score of this one does not dictate at all what the playoff game will be.
The Tigers will easily win this one. I look for Raceland to try and throw the ball all over the field and that plays right to the strength of the Tigers defense. Coach Chirico is one of the best in the state in preparing the defense against the pass. Ask the Pikeville fans how their passing scheme struggled against the Tiger Defense.
Paintsville 35
Raceland 7
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Laugh all you want but I've watched all the top contenders in 1A. None of them look like teams that can beat Ashland or Russell. Pikeville on their Belfry night, yes. But the Pikeville I saw Raceland take to the wire with their 3rd string QB, wouldnt. And that's the same Pikeville team that only beat Paintsville by a handful of points. Comparatively 1A is more competitive within the class this year. But I dont think the top contenders are as good as they have been over the last few years.

Don't make the mistake of thinking late November Pikeville will look like early September Pikeville. Breaking in a Soph QB, new OC, bunch of other new players. Late November Pikeville will look like the late November Pikeville that Raceland saw last year, but with a better defense.

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 22, [2019] Blazer [Paul G.] (Ashland, KY) 21
jetpilot Wrote:Don't make the mistake of thinking late November Pikeville will look like early September Pikeville. Breaking in a Soph QB, new OC, bunch of other new players. Late November Pikeville will look like the late November Pikeville that Raceland saw last year, but with a better defense.

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

I say this with respect, last years QB was a special high school player. He made plays that the best defense couldn’t stop.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't make the mistake of thinking late November Pikeville will look like early September Pikeville. Breaking in a Soph QB, new OC, bunch of other new players. Late November Pikeville will look like the late November Pikeville that Raceland saw last year, but with a better defense.

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

You really contradict yourself! You start threads about how bad the system is because KCD over takes Pikeville (computer) then wanna post something about Pikeville Winning a make believe game against Assland! One side of the plane or the other Jett .... pick a seat and stay seated please!
2000PHS Wrote:I say this with respect, last years QB was a special high school player. He made plays that the best defense couldn’t stop.

I agree. Just saying that as a team, Pikeville will be as tough or tougher in November than last year.

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 27, [2018] Pikeville (KY) 22

And still improving.

All that said, no one will lay down or be scared to show up to play them.
I am trying to decide whether to watch Paintsville/Raceland Friday or Ridgeview vs Abingdon VA. Little bit farther drive to Clintwood but not too much.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You really contradict yourself! You start threads about how bad the system is because KCD over takes Pikeville (computer) then wanna post something about Pikeville Winning a make believe game against Assland! One side of the plane or the other Jett .... pick a seat and stay seated please!

Calpreps faaaaar superior to KY RPI RD!!!! And a completely unrelated system.
Rams will be all over the tigers like a duck on a June bug!

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Play the games through CALPREPS so you can stay home out of the cold.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You really contradict yourself! You start threads about how bad the system is because KCD over takes Pikeville (computer) then wanna post something about Pikeville Winning a make believe game against Assland! One side of the plane or the other Jett .... pick a seat and stay seated please!
lol Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Calpreps faaaaar superior to KY RPI RD!!!! And a completely unrelated system.
birdbrain55, is that you? lol
Hope they both lose.
Ky/WV Rock Wrote:Hope they both lose.

Well I guess they could split the 2 games they play this year if that’s what you mean.

My official prediction:

Paintsville DLine wins the battle the trenches and forces Raceland to attempt 25+ passes. Those passes are quick and Paintsville tackles well in space. Paintsville takes advantage of good field position and scores 3 TDs.

20-12 PHS.
2000PHS Wrote:Well I guess they could split the 2 games they play this year if that’s what you mean.

My official prediction:

Paintsville DLine wins the battle the trenches and forces Raceland to attempt 25+ passes. Those passes are quick and Paintsville tackles well in space. Paintsville takes advantage of good field position and scores 3 TDs.

20-12 PHS.

Raceland can't run on anyone and Paintsville knows it. They let their DL pressure QB without stacking the box and shut down passing game. Raceland will struggle to put up any points at all.
Racelands offense is go deep and I’ll throw it as far as I can , Not going to he good enough this week

Raceland 7
Paintsville 24
Raceland still has no gameplan for running the ball. I can't believe the players haven't figured that one out yet.
#sarcasm
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Rams will be all over the tigers like a duck on a June bug!

Not a chance
Rams 100 Tiggers 0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6