Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-19-2021, 01:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 01:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: I am so ready for unfinished business!!

Damn right!!!

(11-19-2021, 12:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 12:45 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull Is there a fee to listen to T107 online?
Yes. $5 for live feed

Do you get to watch or listen online for the $5 ?
Watch
(11-19-2021, 01:28 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Check the attachment for parking info

Yellow- Pretty much the main parking lot. Lots of space. Fills up quick

Purple- Pay to park lot.

Blue- parking behind the offices there. 

Red- Lots of parking here. But its a bit of walk. maybe 10ish minutes.
Wow......Thank you so much.  Huge help.  I just didn't want to get towed off.
The parking on depot street which is behind all of the main street restaurants in corbin definitely isnt a 10 min walk and there will be plenty of parking there. Maybe a 5 min walk at most, its not bad. I usually don't go looking for closer spots, I just park there on depot street. Its way quicker getting out after the game also.

I think one or two defensive stops wins this game . if combs is accurate in the passing game I don't see much of anybody stopping corbins offense. And we know how hard it is to stop JC pounding the run and controlling that clock. I think it comes down to what happens just before halftime and who gets the ball coming out of the half. One defensive stop may determine the winner as well as if corbin can put to use the advantage they have over pretty much every team in 4a in their kicker. I'm usually not a big fan of our defensive calls, hopefully Greer will make the necessary adjustments in a timely manner if the gameplan isnt working.  I'm taking Hounds with a game winning FG 31-28.
Ok… rounding up for elderly and children. 

But yea, his defensive play calling has been on the very “conservative” side to say the least. But on the same note, we’ve been getting pressure with our front 4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • HOFER
I’m taking JC in a close one. I’ve had the pleasure of watching both teams this year. JC’s running back by committee is going to be hard to stop they have 4 guys that really can hurt you. Good luck to both!
(11-19-2021, 03:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 01:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Damn right!!!

(11-19-2021, 12:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 12:45 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull Is there a fee to listen to T107 online?
Yes. $5 for live feed

Do you get to watch or listen online for the $5 ?
Watch
(11-19-2021, 01:28 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Check the attachment for parking info

Yellow- Pretty much the main parking lot. Lots of space. Fills up quick

Purple- Pay to park lot.

Blue- parking behind the offices there. 

Red- Lots of parking here. But its a bit of walk. maybe 10ish minutes.
Wow......Thank you so much.  Huge help.  I just didn't want to get towed off.
The parking on depot street which is behind all of the main street restaurants in corbin definitely isnt a 10 min walk and there will be plenty of parking there. Maybe a 5 min walk at most, its not bad. I usually don't go looking for closer spots, I just park there on depot street. Its way quicker getting out after the game also.

I think one or two defensive stops wins this game . if combs is accurate in the passing game I don't see much of anybody stopping corbins offense. And we know how hard it is to stop JC pounding the run and controlling that clock. I think it comes down to what happens just before halftime and who gets the ball coming out of the half. One defensive stop may determine the winner as well as if corbin can put to use the advantage they have over pretty much every team in 4a in their kicker. I'm usually not a big fan of our defensive calls, hopefully Greer will make the necessary adjustments in a timely manner if the gameplan isnt working.  I'm taking Hounds with a game winning FG 31-28.
Ok… rounding up for elderly and children. 

But yea, his defensive play calling has been on the very “conservative” side to say the least. But on the same note, we’ve been getting pressure with our front 4

Youre right, I didnt take into account someone like say PJ Doug who might get confused often. Might get lost a few times on the way to the field. 

Sometimes with our defense it seems like there are some obvious adjustments to be made and it just takes way too long for them to be made. I feel like making those obvious adjustments quickly could be the difference against JC. Im not involved enough with the team to know whats going on with certain players or whatever so maybe he has a reason why he does certain things. Idk.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • Hound05

Im afraid JC finishes the business for you!  

Eagles 35 
GreyMuts 14 or 21 if they score very late.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GroundNPound's post:
  • ekywildcat
Adjustment should be easier this year than last year. We don’t need half of the team playing pass defense. Ball going to be run left or right.
(11-19-2021, 04:11 PM)SGroundNPound Wrote:

Eagles 35 
 Welcome to BGR 5 hrs before posting
(11-19-2021, 04:11 PM)GroundNPound Wrote:

Eagles 35 

Your brain cells have taken too much grounding and pounding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR

Eagles 35 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin You sound like a Instigator!!!!!! Calling our team names!!!!!!!! I got more respect than that to stoop to your level. You will have respect after tonight though, cant wait!!
(11-19-2021, 04:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Adjustment should be easier this year than last year.  We don’t need half of the team playing pass defense. Ball going to be run left or right.
It’s no secret Jc has the best receiver we have had since the matney era began, he has played football two months in his life and a senior but already being recruited by d1 schools such as Marshall where he had an official visit last week. He will without a doubt be the fastest player on the field. Watch for him #10 ryleh Mckenzie and I expect us to use him a lot tonight. Number #19 is also a great receiver and has hands. LCC didn’t expect us to pass either second play of the game 34 yard touchdown pass. This is the least one dimensional we have ever been. Typically if you stop the run you beat us handidly that won’t be the case this year. If corbins defensive backfield shuts down the pass early then we will go straight bread and butter and run the traditional left and right.
(11-19-2021, 04:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Eagles 35 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin You sound like a Instigator!!!!!! Calling our team names!!!!!!!! I got more respect than that to stoop to your level. You will have respect after tonight though, cant wait!!

Calm down. I have nothing but respect for Corbin. They are sound. But if we cant playfully rib each other’s mascots here, where can we.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GroundNPound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-19-2021, 04:25 PM)GroundNPound Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 04:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Eagles 35 

Calm down. I have nothing but respect for Corbin. They are sound. But if we cant playfully rib each other’s mascots here, where can we.

Smile

(11-19-2021, 04:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Adjustment should be easier this year than last year.  We don’t need half of the team playing pass defense. Ball going to be run left or right.

Big Grin Thats the truth!

(11-19-2021, 04:23 PM)Gold River Wrote:
It’s no secret Jc has the best receiver we have had since the matney era began, he has played football two months in his life and a senior but already being recruited by d1 schools such as Marshall where he had an official visit last week. He will without a doubt be the fastest player on the field. Watch for him #10 ryleh Mckenzie and I expect us to use him a lot tonight. Number #19 is also a great receiver and has hands. LCC didn’t expect us to pass either second play of the game 34 yard touchdown pass. This is the least one dimensional we have ever been. Typically if you stop the run you beat us handidly that won’t be the case this year. If corbins defensive backfield shuts down the pass early then we will go straight bread and butter and run the traditional left and right.

Woah
 Where did he come from? Is he a basketball player that decided to come out? Shame he didnt play through grade school and all of highschool.
(11-19-2021, 04:39 PM)HOFER Wrote:
 Where did he come from? Is he a basketball player that decided to come out? Shame he didnt play through grade school and all of highschool.
Yes he’s actually our best basketball player,  came out shortly after coach Matney took Sick. Learned the game and the playbook quickly. Honestly he was a savior in the defensive backfield after the loss of Lawson. Great tackler and very quick to the ball fastest player on the field atleast for us. He has had a few huge interceptions returns in his short stint on the team, great at forcing mis tackles and eluding the defense. Won’t be surprised to see him in the backfield some as well. Sky’s the limit for him but I’d like to imagine if he’d played his whole career he’d be highly rated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-19-2021, 04:50 PM)Gold River Wrote:
Yes he’s actually our best basketball player,  came out shortly after coach Matney took Sick. Learned the game and the playbook quickly. Honestly he was a savior in the defensive backfield after the loss of Lawson. Great tackler and very quick to the ball fastest player on the field atleast for us. He has had a few huge interceptions returns in his short stint on the team, great at forcing mis tackles and eluding the defense. Won’t be surprised to see him in the backfield some as well. Sky’s the limit for him but I’d like to imagine if he’d played his whole career he’d be highly rated.

Sounds like a talented kid, I wish him the best on making his college decision. Nice looking athlete!
(11-19-2021, 04:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Sounds like a talented kid, I wish him the best on making his college decision. Nice looking athlete!
Wouldn’t surprise me to see him pick basketball at the next level, I think his celling for football is higher though. Hopefully he isn’t playing in the scrimmage Tommorow lol I’m half way to redhound nation as we speak

(11-19-2021, 05:03 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 04:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 04:23 PM)Gold River Wrote: It’s no secret Jc has the best receiver we have had since the matney era began, he has played football two months in his life and a senior but already being recruited by d1 schools such as Marshall where he had an official visit last week. He will without a doubt be the fastest player on the field. Watch for him #10 ryleh Mckenzie and I expect us to use him a lot tonight. Number #19 is also a great receiver and has hands. LCC didn’t expect us to pass either second play of the game 34 yard touchdown pass. This is the least one dimensional we have ever been. Typically if you stop the run you beat us handidly that won’t be the case this year. If corbins defensive backfield shuts down the pass early then we will go straight bread and butter and run the traditional left and right.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him pick basketball at the next level, I think his celling for football is higher though. Hopefully he isn’t playing in the scrimmage Tommorow lol I’m half way to redhound nation as we speak
Burn the boats
Its a beautiful cold day, I have done been to Campbell Field and back home. I'm ready for some football!!!!! Bring your heat with you all, its going to be a cold one! LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers
(11-19-2021, 05:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Its a beautiful cold day, I have done been to Campbell Field and back home. I'm ready for some football!!!!! Bring your heat with you all, its going to be a cold one! LOL.

Perfect day for me to bring 3 republicans from Laurel County one from North, two from South and if Corbin gets beat they can walk home. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
What local radio stations carry JC or Corbin games? Would love to watch this can’t believe wymt or someone isn’t televising this game.
Great information! I had wondered what the deal was with Ryleh McKenzie. I had noticed that he was a senior on the roster but could not recall hearing his name called before this season. I had a college roommate who came out for football as a senior and ended up as the Golden Eagles' starting QB. He was a great athlete but never played any sports in high school until our senior year. Johnson Central had a weak football program when I was a student but McKenzie getting quality minutes after coming out to play for a state championship contender is very impressive. Being recruited by Marshall is even more amazing.
(11-19-2021, 05:52 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: What local radio stations carry JC or Corbin games? Would love to watch this can’t believe wymt or someone isn’t televising this game.

T107 Voice of the Redhounds (t1073.com)
If Corbin has to throw it, Johnson Central will beat them to death unless they put Elam in.
(11-19-2021, 08:23 PM)Superfly Wrote: If Corbin has to throw it, Johnson Central will beat them to death unless they put Elam in.

Ha ha ha, I’ll get back to you!
Hopefully nobody has epilepsy in this stadium
(11-19-2021, 08:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 08:23 PM)Superfly Wrote: If Corbin has to throw it, Johnson Central will beat them to death unless they put Elam in.

Ha ha ha, I’ll get back to you!
 Bull I’m across field in the bright green neon jackets up top. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
I didn't think I'd make it to the game but I'm here to support my Colonels. Go Git em Dawgs!
One more time. Combs
I think pulp is playing a flute under the bleachers.
(11-19-2021, 04:11 PM)GroundNPound Wrote: Im afraid JC finishes the business for you!  

Eagles 35 

You almost nailed it!
(11-20-2021, 10:16 AM)ekywildcat Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 04:11 PM)GroundNPound Wrote: Im afraid JC finishes the business for you!  

Eagles 35 

You almost nailed it!
Also very close on the pikeville belfry east Carter scores too.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)