Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-17-2021, 11:24 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Hows parking in Corbin, if I decide to come to the game is their plenty or should I plan on getting there early, I know this will be a packed house.

Corbin has some fans that will help you. I usually just find a spot parking lots  beside  Depot Street which is pretty easy to find, then  walk for about 5 minutes.
(11-17-2021, 11:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:24 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Hows parking in Corbin, if I decide to come to the game is their plenty or should I plan on getting there early, I know this will be a packed house.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9489528,...!1e3?hl=en
My advice is get there early.

Where's the pre-game party?
(11-17-2021, 11:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Corbin has some fans that will help you. I usually just find a spot parking lots  beside  Depot Street which is pretty easy to find, then  walk for about 5 minutes.

Messaged me and I will have U a good spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • pjdoug
Check the attachment for parking info

Yellow- Pretty much the main parking lot. Lots of space. Fills up quick

Purple- Pay to park lot.

Blue- parking behind the offices there. 

Red- Lots of parking here. But its a bit of walk. maybe 10ish minutes.

Thumbnail(s)

(11-17-2021, 11:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

If you're a Johnson central fan,  805 S. Main st.  Smile Wink

Corbin fans- I'd imagine all of Bville st.

Got some family coming in from Ohio, hopefully if they leave today, they might make it by 730 friday haha
I know JC likes to ground and pound . Are they pretty much one-dimensional or do they have a viable passing attack?
(11-18-2021, 01:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know JC likes to ground and pound .  Are they pretty much one-dimensional or do they have a viable passing attack?

They have a really good QB. He has a arm but just really not used because of there run attack. I honestly would just call them 1 dementional but in every direction lol. I noticed they passed some in other games but I wouldn't look for it. Id say it would go completely against there game plan of a Clock mangagement game. But the QB has definately connected on some big touchdown throws.
(11-18-2021, 01:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know JC likes to ground and pound .  Are they pretty much one-dimensional or do they have a viable passing attack?
Maybe one of their fans can give us an honest opinion of it. But from what I’ve watched, they aren’t gonna win many games passing. Most of what I seen are pretty basic routes to a split end, or a play action pass to the TE. Someone on here said earlier that their pass game was underrated, but I just don’t see it.  Does seem like they have a high % of completions though. Possibly resulting from everyone biting on the run. Rice seems pretty accurate at what they do. I just don’t see him having the same percentages running even an 80/20 run to pass, or a more complex passing game. I made a post about Rice in their last games thread and I’ll say it again, he’s a very underrated QB. Does an amazing job running thay offense. And doesn’t make many mistakes.
(11-18-2021, 01:43 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

They have a really good QB. He has a arm but just really not used because of there run attack. I honestly would just call them 1 dementional but in every direction lol. I noticed they passed some in other games but I wouldn't look for it. Id say it would go completely against there game plan of a Clock mangagement game. But the QB has definately connected on some big touchdown throws.

I don't think their chances are good unless they at least keep Corbin honest with the threat of the pass. Turnovers and special teams may very well play a role in this titanic struggle.
(11-18-2021, 12:37 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

If you're a Johnson central fan,  805 S. Main st.  Smile Wink

Corbin fans- I'd imagine all of Bville st.

Got some family coming in from Ohio, hopefully if they leave today, they might make it by 730 friday haha
You know I'm a fan of my Colonels. lol
I'll post it again as a reminder. Combs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-18-2021, 01:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Maybe one of their fans can give us an honest opinion of it. But from what I’ve watched, they aren’t gonna win many games passing. Most of what I seen are pretty basic routes to a split end, or a play action pass to the TE. Someone on here said earlier that their pass game was underrated, but I just don’t see it.  Does seem like they have a high % of completions though. Possibly resulting from everyone biting on the run. Rice seems pretty accurate at what they do. I just don’t see him having the same percentages running even an 80/20 run to pass, or a more complex passing game. I made a post about Rice in their last games thread and I’ll say it again, he’s a very underrated QB. Does an amazing job running thay offense. And doesn’t make many mistakes.
Put 10 men in the box and make him beat you. lol
(11-18-2021, 01:50 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
I said that JC's passing game is underrated. Rice has a strong, accurate arm but does not pass often and a high percentage of his completions have gone for touchdowns (33 percent over his two years as the starting QB). Rice also ran for 110 yards against Corbin last season. Johnson Central will not pass often unless Corbin shows that it can stop its running game. Rice completed his only pass attempt in last year's game for 11 yards but the Golden Eagles rushed for 384 yards. Corbin had zero defensive sacks and zero tackles for losses in last year's game.

I had expected Johnson Central to pass more this season after Franklin County did such a good job containing their running game in last year's playoff loss. The early loss of Mason Lawson for the season may have been partially responsible for JC throwing less often this season than last. I think that the coaching staff may have wanted to give JC's top four remaining running backs as much experience as possible and with the pandemic, they could not count on playing a full slate of games.
Zero tackles for losses? I remember a fumble a Corbin player hit Dylan Preston in the backfield  and he dropped the ball but recovered it before 2 Corbin players almost recovered it early in the game. It wasn’t a dropped ball, he got hit in the backfield and fumbled. I also remember a lineman took away the ball from Johnson Central on a drive and he was in the backfield to do so. Hard to sack a guy who passed 1 time. Corbin couldn’t stop the edge run last year. We contained the middle. That’s why I was so mad. Greer didn’t make a adjustment in the game to stop the run off the edges. Franklin coach Eddie James watched our game film and no doubt made a game plan accordingly and had all his team in the box containing that run especially the edge. I call it a corral. Got to hold them horses somehow. Rice smoke us on that reverse run to the opposite side. I expect more of the same of what we saw last year this year. The old saying is if they couldn’t stop it then and made no adjustments, they won’t stop it now.

Going to be fun.
Non Football related statement….
I was in Corbin yesterday and had my heart crushed by the RootBeer stand being closed for the season. Then I felt very dumb after going to their FB page and discovering they have been closed since Oct. 9…
Long story short… do your research before you find things out the hard way
(11-18-2021, 08:48 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Zero tackles for losses? I remember a fumble a Corbin player hit Dylan Preston in the backfield  and he dropped the ball but recovered it before 2 Corbin players almost recovered it early in the game. It wasn’t a dropped ball, he got hit in the backfield and fumbled. I also remember a lineman took away the ball from Johnson Central on a drive and he was in the backfield to do so. Hard to sack a guy who passed 1 time. Corbin couldn’t stop the edge run last year. We contained the middle. That’s why I was so mad. Greer didn’t make a adjustment in the game to stop the run off the edges. Franklin coach Eddie James watched our game film and no doubt made a game plan accordingly and had all his team in the box containing that run especially the edge. I call it a corral. Got to hold them horses somehow. Rice smoke us on that reverse run to the opposite side. I expect more of the same of what we saw last year this year. The old saying is if they couldn’t stop it then and made no adjustments, they won’t stop it now.

Going to be fun.

Corbin needs Cotton or Dudley in the playoffs. lol
Smile We definatley need to be able to stop the run this week Tongue
(11-18-2021, 08:48 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Zero tackles for losses? I remember a fumble a Corbin player hit Dylan Preston in the backfield  and he dropped the ball but recovered it before 2 Corbin players almost recovered it early in the game. It wasn’t a dropped ball, he got hit in the backfield and fumbled. I also remember a lineman took away the ball from Johnson Central on a drive and he was in the backfield to do so. Hard to sack a guy who passed 1 time. Corbin couldn’t stop the edge run last year. We contained the middle. That’s why I was so mad. Greer didn’t make a adjustment in the game to stop the run off the edges. Franklin coach Eddie James watched our game film and no doubt made a game plan accordingly and had all his team in the box containing that run especially the edge. I call it a corral. Got to hold them horses somehow. Rice smoke us on that reverse run to the opposite side. I expect more of the same of what we saw last year this year. The old saying is if they couldn’t stop it then and made no adjustments, they won’t stop it now.

Going to be fun.
Those are Corbin's stats, according to what they turned into KHSAA last year but you are right about Corbin recovering a fumble. My point is that Corbin did not stop Johnson Central's one-dimensional offense last season. They will run essentially the same offense that they have run since Coach Matney arrived from Sheldon Clark to coach the Golden Eagles. This is not the first season that BGR posters have repeatedly claimed that JC cannot beat their team because they lack the athletes necessary to win or because they do not pass often enough.

Coach Matney always said that the more players that opponents bunch up near the line, the more likely it was that JC's runners will break a couple of tackles for long gains. Franklin County's defense was successful last season because they executed their game plan almost flawlessly and were blessed with very quick, well-conditioned athletes. If Corbin's defense follows Franklin County's game plan and executes it perfectly, then the Redhounds will advance for a rematch with Franklin County next week. But football teams rarely, if ever, execute game plans flawlessly. Coaches and players are human, so they almost always make a few mistakes in the course of a game.

Johnson Central will be the underdog Friday night playing on the road but they are very capable of pulling off a minor upset.
(11-18-2021, 08:53 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: Non Football related statement….
I was in Corbin yesterday and had my heart crushed by the RootBeer stand being closed for the season. Then I felt very dumb after going to their FB page and discovering they have been closed since Oct. 9…
Long story short… do your research before you find things out the hard way

I was gonna stop by there and have lunch after an appointment last month and saw that they were closed for the season. I was thinking they would be open a little later than that. The one time I went in season it wasn't as good as usual. The long time owner died, and they had limited hours because of staff shortages? Did somebody in the family take it over? or did they sell out?
(11-17-2021, 04:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
Yea I’m sorry. But that’s just not true. Please explain?
It was 21-0 for a large part of the game. then they traded scores... JC had less than a two score lead. I watched every play. This is just my opinion.
I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

(11-18-2021, 10:03 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:45 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Last years game not as close as score indicated.. JC was very sound on them.. This year I think its a truly close game.
It was 21-0 for a large part of the game. then they traded scores... JC had less than a two score lead. I watched every play. This is just my opinion.

Let me correct you. It was 14-0 at halftime. 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter JC scored after a punt fest for both teams in the 3rd quarter and they went up 21-0. Corbin scored in the 4th quarter about a 1 minute later on a pass play and then traded scores again making it a final 28-14. So no, it was a 14 point game for 3 quarters all but 3 seconds. I appreciate all the smack you are throwing our way. You think we may have earned a little respect by now...........
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(11-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

We can speculate, and things don't always go as we anticipate, but I think the QB run/pass option will be hard for Central to stop, because Corbin also has a power running game with a loaded backfield that's hard to key on.
Smile
(11-18-2021, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Check the attachment for parking info

Yellow- Pretty much the main parking lot. Lots of space. Fills up quick

Purple- Pay to park lot.

Blue- parking behind the offices there. 

Red- Lots of parking here. But its a bit of walk. maybe 10ish minutes.
Wow......Thank you so much.  Huge help.  I just didn't want to get towed off.
There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).
(11-18-2021, 10:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).

Big Grin don't worry, I will give the direct message to the team................... Cool You want to meet me and put a hot chocalote on it?
(11-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

Let me correct you. It was 14-0 at halftime. 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter JC scored after a punt fest for both teams in the 3rd quarter and they went up 21-0. Corbin scored in the 4th quarter about a 1 minute later on a pass play and then traded scores again making it a final 28-14. So no, it was a 14 point game for 3 quarters all but 3 seconds. I appreciate all the smack you are throwing our way. You think we may have earned a little respect by now...........

HAHA, ok... we are talking about last year. Your team kicked my teams butt this year, and I have all kinds of respect. But the game was not close vs JC...LAST YEAR! This year I think you're the better team.. But I think JC is a tough out due to the emotion they will play with!

(11-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was told by more than 1 Johnson Central fan that after the Corbin game, Dylan Preston was not 100% because of some of the hits he had taken in the game against Corbin. That played a big factor in the next weeks game against Franklin County in my opinion. Corbin didn't win the game no doubt, but we had some stops in that game. Johnson Central has to punt I remember.  The problem I saw was the edge containment. If Corbin doesnt stop that edge then the same thing will happen this year for our defense, we will get gashed. No team will completely shut down Johnson Central, Franklin County didn't and Corbin won't, neither did Rock Creek earlier in the year. What a team can do is counter Johnson Central with good offense. Corbin has that and then some. I think the tide changes putting the pressure on the Johnson Central defense to execute like they did last year and hold Corbins offense to 34 yards rushing and 144 yards passing again. Rushing yardage for Corbin is the key. We establish the run, we can pass. We do that, I believe we can win.

FC was not 100% either had two kids playing with dislocated shoulders and one of their best dlineman with a severe leg injury. But one thing I do know about last year.. IT DONT MATTER!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
I love watching both teams play, their community support. I will say this after watching both teams play numerous times, Corbin needs to find some linebackers who will come up and hit you or else there season will end Friday. Johnson better find some defensive backs or else their season will end Friday. The key to both teams success will be within their respected defenses, and coaching staffs to make the needed adjustments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes New2Town's post:
  • FCSPY
(11-18-2021, 09:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile We definatley need to be able to stop the run this week Tongue

It’s either run left or run right what will impress me is if we tackle and tackle in open field

(11-18-2021, 11:12 AM)New2Town Wrote: I love watching both teams play, their community support.  I will say this after watching both teams play numerous times, Corbin needs to find some linebackers who will come up and hit you or else there season will end Friday.  Johnson better find some defensive backs or else their season will end Friday.  The key to both teams success will be within their respected defenses, and coaching staffs to make the needed adjustments.
If it’s anything like last years game you are gonna need more than linebackers your going to need DBs I watched it last year and I vaguely remember they mainly ran it outside not much up the middle. Is that the same plan this year???
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next