Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-18-2021, 10:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Who will Corbin play after they beat Franklin County in the next round?

One game at a time PJ. A teams greatest challenge is the team standing across from them. That is so true this week. I do like Greer saying about this, focus where your feet are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-16-2021, 09:05 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff  last year in Paintsville  burns in the memory  of  these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!
I know if was a particular DE, I’d be looking for blood after last year!

is Sevier's family from East Tennessee originally?
I like and respect both these teams. I believe this game will come down to the end with the Hounds pulling it out on a late FG.

Hounds 31
Eagles 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • 64SUR
Johnson central maybe 21
Corbin 30 something maybe more depends on how many 3 and outs central has
(11-19-2021, 01:21 AM)606CATS Wrote: Johnson central maybe 21
See that’s the thing. Central can”kill by a thousand cuts” with chipping away 3 to 4 yards at a time. So, like you said, 3 and outs will be crucial. For both teams. If either one of them get in rhythm, the other won’t be able to stop it 90% of the time. 

We can’t get behind the chains. Something I’ve noticed with other teams they’ve played. They get behind the chains, and it’s over. At least for that possession. PCC and especially Letcher was able to move the ball some. But as soon as it was 2nd&10, or a penalty on first down, and they were done. 

One thing JC does pretty well. They don’t get behind the chains very often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Gold River
Final sleep before someone’s feasts.
Final prediction 
Jc-22
Corbin-21 
Jc wins it on a two point conversion.

I’ve heard a lot about Backs, receivers and defense this week, But battles will be won in the trenches the two best Olines in the state in all 6 classes will be paving the way tomorrow night. 
Good luck everyone and I pray for an injury free game. I have the upmost respect for Corbin and their fans, some great people. Shall my prediction be wrong I’ll be cheering for the redhounds. Either way it’ll be an instant classic. love getting to see Corbin and Jc play each other. Iron sharpens Iron. Go Eagles!
[-] The following 3 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Westside
(11-19-2021, 01:52 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 01:21 AM)606CATS Wrote: Johnson central maybe 21
See that’s the thing. Central can”kill by a thousand cuts” with chipping away 3 to 4 yards at a time. So, like you said, 3 and outs will be crucial. For both teams. If either one of them get in rhythm, the other won’t be able to stop it 90% of the time. 

We can’t get behind the chains. Something I’ve noticed with other teams they’ve played. They get behind the chains, and it’s over. At least for that possession. PCC and especially Letcher was able to move the ball some. But as soon as it was 2nd&10, or a penalty on first down, and they were done. 

One thing JC does pretty well. They don’t get behind the chains very often.
Force pass or turnovers, and let Combs take over Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 606CATS, 64SUR, Hound05
(11-19-2021, 02:26 AM)Gold River Wrote: Final sleep before someone’s feasts.
Final prediction 
Jc-22
Corbin-21 
Jc wins it on a two point conversion.

I’ve heard a lot about Backs, receivers and defense this week, But battles will be won in the trenches the two best Olines in the state in all 6 classes will be paving the way tomorrow night. 
Good luck everyone and I pray for an injury free game. I have the upmost respect for Corbin and their fans, some great people. Shall my prediction be wrong I’ll be cheering for the redhounds. Either way it’ll be an instant classic. love getting to see Corbin and Jc play each other. Iron sharpens Iron. Go Eagles!

Safe travels .
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gold River
Moodsetter

Game Day!!!
I've got my long handles and Carhartt's laid out for when I get off work. It's been since the 21-0 Boyle game since I've been this excited for a ballgame. I look forward to freezing my giblets off and watching some good football. I may have to get in the stadium at 6:30 just to be able to post up on the fence spot that I like.

Oh and prediction

Corbin 29
JC 22
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Hound05, pjdoug
(11-18-2021, 12:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).
Yea them Baptist get rowdy over there.

They protect the cars though and that's all that matters.  Smile

(11-18-2021, 10:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Who will Corbin play after they beat Franklin County in the next round?

Okay, I made you laugh and now you've made me laugh. We are well on our way to BGR friendship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-19-2021, 10:21 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).

Okay, I made you laugh and now you've made me laugh. We are well on our way to BGR friendship.

Your fixing to cry a little louder!

(11-13-2021, 04:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28

Go Redhounds!!!

(11-18-2021, 06:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Im about to change my score prediction. Stay tuned.

(11-18-2021, 06:44 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 12:18 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 04:54 PM)64SUR Wrote: I would say defense win this one , but I don’t see it,  last team with the ball wins.  We want the ball first this year!!!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 35

update on my prediction defense is making some moves for this week game!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 28

Update- night before the Red storm 

Corbin 45
Johnsom Central 28

Corbin 35 +/- 7 points
Johnson Central 21 +/- 7 points
I keep seeing an issue that keeps getting eluded to from last years games that's apparently got Corbin Kids fired up to revenge something that happened last season, can someone help me here about what happened, Central is usually a pretty classy place to go play, Coach Matney didn't tolerate classless behavior and I personally have never heard of them treating anyone badly.

One more question; do you think the kids at JC playing in memory of their coach hoping to win a title in tribute to his passing ia a factor / non factor?

I do think this games comes down to who wants it more.
Is this game being streamed online anywhere? It should be a slugfest and I don't wanna miss it.
(11-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: I keep seeing an issue that keeps getting eluded to from last years games that's apparently got Corbin Kids fired up to revenge something that happened last season, can someone help me here about what happened, Central is usually a pretty classy place to go play, Coach Matney didn't tolerate classless behavior and I personally have never heard of them treating anyone badly. 

One more question; do you think the kids at JC playing in memory of their coach hoping to win a title in tribute to his passing ia a factor / non factor? 

We had a player get hurt in the game last year. Then from there its speculation. Last year is Last year and it needs to be left there. I do think the JC kids no doubt will be playing for there coach. I do believe not having there coach in a game of this magnitude will show, but as far as playing with heart it will be at a all time high. Go Redhounds!

T107 Voice of the Redhounds (t1073.com)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 606CATS
Bull Is there a fee to listen to T107 online?
(11-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: I keep seeing an issue that keeps getting eluded to from last years games that's apparently got Corbin Kids fired up to revenge something that happened last season, can someone help me here about what happened, Central is usually a pretty classy place to go play, Coach Matney didn't tolerate classless behavior and I personally have never heard of them treating anyone badly. 

Non-factor.  I think, if anything, Matney's not being on the sidelines will matter more in a game like this. Just to follow-up on what Bull said(and I don't want to say anymore about it after this),  a Corbin player had a very serious injury late in last year's game and according to radio, some fans were cheering the kid's quite serious injury.  Things will all come out in the wash eventually.

Hoping for some epic fun tonight!!!

I don't see it happening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Westside
(11-19-2021, 10:31 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Your fixing to cry a little louder!

(11-13-2021, 04:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28

Go Redhounds!!!

(11-18-2021, 06:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Im about to change my score prediction. Stay tuned.

(11-18-2021, 06:44 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 12:18 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 04:54 PM)64SUR Wrote: I would say defense win this one , but I don’t see it,  last team with the ball wins.  We want the ball first this year!!!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 35

update on my prediction defense is making some moves for this week game!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 28

Update- night before the Red storm 

Corbin 45
Johnsom Central 28

Corbin 35 +/- 7 points
Johnson Central 21 +/- 7 points

Sounds about right, and close to my prediction.
(11-19-2021, 12:45 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull Is there a fee to listen to T107 online?

I'm not Bull, but you can listen to audio for free unless they changed it.  https://t1073.com/sports.html
(11-19-2021, 12:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 12:45 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Bull Is there a fee to listen to T107 online?

I'm full of Bull, but you can listen to audio for free unless they changed it.  https://t1073.com/sports.html

Fixed that for you.   lol
I'm not sure yet if I'll get to come yet or not. Have to have a car repair done and if I feel like it I might try to make my way there by this evening.
Yes. $5 for live feed
I am so ready for unfinished business!!
(11-19-2021, 01:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: I am so ready for unfinished business!!

Damn right!!!

(11-19-2021, 12:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Yes. $5 for live feed

Do you get to watch or listen online for the $5 ?
(11-19-2021, 12:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Yes. $5 for live feed
Thanks, that's the way I read it.
(11-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Check the attachment for parking info

Yellow- Pretty much the main parking lot. Lots of space. Fills up quick

Purple- Pay to park lot.

Blue- parking behind the offices there. 

Red- Lots of parking here. But its a bit of walk. maybe 10ish minutes.
Wow......Thank you so much.  Huge help.  I just didn't want to get towed off.
The parking on depot street which is behind all of the main street restaurants in corbin definitely isnt a 10 min walk and there will be plenty of parking there. Maybe a 5 min walk at most, its not bad. I usually don't go looking for closer spots, I just park there on depot street. Its way quicker getting out after the game also.

I think one or two defensive stops wins this game . if combs is accurate in the passing game I don't see much of anybody stopping corbins offense. And we know how hard it is to stop JC pounding the run and controlling that clock. I think it comes down to what happens just before halftime and who gets the ball coming out of the half. One defensive stop may determine the winner as well as if corbin can put to use the advantage they have over pretty much every team in 4a in their kicker. I'm usually not a big fan of our defensive calls, hopefully Greer will make the necessary adjustments in a timely manner if the gameplan isnt working. I'm taking Hounds with a game winning FG 31-28.
For those wanting to stream the game for a $5.00 fee or listen online (Free I believe), here is the link.

Live Feed/Audio Stream
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • pjdoug
from which team? or player? lol
from which team? or player? lol
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next