Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
Johnson Central vs Corbin 

Johnson Central (10-2)
Aug 20, 21 Henry Clay away (W) 60 - 21 
Aug 27, 21 N/A away (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy (vs. Lexington Catholic)
Sep 3, 21 Bishop Sycamore (Columbus), OH home (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)
Sep 11, 21 Cahokia, IL home (W) 42 - 36 (overtime)
Sep 17, 21 Rock Creek Christian Academy (Upper Marlboro), MD home (L) 14 - 22 
Sep 24, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Clay County home (W) 42 - 6 
Oct 8, 21 Perry County Central away (W) 41 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Harlan County home (W) 43 - 6 
Oct 22, 21 Letcher County Central away (W) 48 - 18 
Oct 29, 21 Belfry away (W) 48 - 22 
Nov 5, 21 Clay County home (W) 56 - 7  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals
Nov 12, 21 Letcher County Central home (W) 50 - 14  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Corbin (12-0)
Aug 20, 21 Christ School (Arden), NC home (W) 35 - 21  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Aug 27, 21 Whitley County away (W) 45 - 0 First Priority Bowl 
Sep 3, 21 Franklin County home (W) 27 - 7 
Sep 10, 21 Pulaski County away (W) 49 - 6 
Sep 17, 21 Somerset home (W) 52 - 6 
Sep 24, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Simon Kenton home (W) 56 - 24 
Oct 8, 21 Knox Central away (W) 56 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Lincoln County away (W) 42 - 21 
Oct 22, 21 Wayne County home (W) 42 - 0 
Oct 29, 21 Campbell County away (W) 40 - 10 
Nov 5, 21 Wayne County home (W) 40 - 8  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Lincoln County home (W) 42 - 21  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

A rematch of last years 3rd round playoff game. Johnson Central won 28-14 last year at at Johnson Central. 
Congratulations to both teams on your District Championships!
Thoughts?
Best matchup in the state next week. This is a state championship caliber game. Going to be a war at the line of scrimmage
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28

Go Redhounds!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
I am going with the Golden Eagles of Johnson Central
I would say defense win this one , but I don’t see it, last team with the ball wins. We want the ball first this year!!!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 35
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
This will be a war, Corbin outlast most other teams with the vast number of athletes who can rotate and play, this will not be the case against JC, I thought Lincoln Co. ran out of gas last night and simply couldn't hang . My head says this is the year the Red-dogs win it all, then my heart says the Golden Eagles are playing for Coach Matney..... therefore I've got to give a 1 point nod to JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldtiger's post:
  • Granny Bear
First time I have picked against Corbin all year but I’ll take JC in a classic!
Hope to see some playing time on defense this game for Franklin West.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Hound05
Earlier in the season I would have said Corbin by three scores. Now, I 'm not so sure. Corbin hasn't been able to stop a cold . Can they rise up and stop potent offense like JC?
(11-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Earlier in the season I would have said Corbin by three scores. Now, I 'm not so sure. Corbin hasn't been able to stop a cold . Can they rise up and stop potent offense like JC?
We Can’t stop a cold? No disrespect but Yet we’re undefeated? Doesn’t surprise me though. No matter what we do , we still have so called “redhounds” bashing our D. Do I believe JC will put up yards?, yep. They’re a great team. I also believe we can stop them as well. Gonna be a fight no matter what. I guess what you should’ve asked is can JC stop our potent offense and special teams. #onceahoundalwaysahound
[-] The following 4 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • 606CATS, Bull got out!, Grumpy57, Hound05
(11-13-2021, 07:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Earlier in the season I would have said Corbin by three scores. Now, I 'm not so sure. Corbin hasn't been able to stop a cold . Can they rise up and stop potent offense like JC?
Can’t stop a cold, Yet we’re undefeated? Doesn’t surprise me though. No matter what we do , we still have so called “redhounds” bashing our D. Do I believe JC will put up yards?, yep. They’re a great team. I also believe we can stop them as well. Gonna be a fight no matter what. I guess what you should’ve asked is can JC stop our potent offense and special teams. #onceahoundalwaysahound

The answer to that is no they cant stop our offense if we call the right plays. But with that being said, they can limit our offense and that will be the approach that they take. We have to make some adjustments and approach this game differently or it may be the last week we can make those said adjustments. Do I think we have the personal to win this game, yes but will we use them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
Can’t hardly wait till Friday night
(11-13-2021, 08:05 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 07:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
Can’t stop a cold, Yet we’re undefeated? Doesn’t surprise me though. No matter what we do , we still have so called “redhounds” bashing our D. Do I believe JC will put up yards?, yep. They’re a great team. I also believe we can stop them as well. Gonna be a fight no matter what. I guess what you should’ve asked is can JC stop our potent offense and special teams. #onceahoundalwaysahound

The answer to that is no they cant stop our offense if we call the right plays.  But with that being said, they can limit our offense and that will be the approach that they take.  We have to make some adjustments and approach this game differently or it may be the last week we can make those said adjustments.  Do I think we have the personal to win this game, yes but will we use them.
Well said. Totally agree
Anybody got a time machine?
Johnson in a close one coming down to the final drive! Love the fight these kids have!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wideout1990's post:
  • FCSPY

Honestly it comes down to Greer. He is a defensive minded coach. Last year at Johnson Central, Corbin laid a egg on defense. We gave up 384 yards rushing and 11 yards passing. We got gashed......... The edges is what really got us. I honestly about lost it after that performance. I am just a fan and I could see what was happening. I questioned everything I saw that night from a offensive perspective and a defensive perspective. Flip to 2021, so far I give our offense a A+ from that game to now. Our defense, I'll get to that ......... I am a defensive minded person. I love defense. I have talked to people all over the state and the question has been the same, what is going on with Corbins defense after the Simon Kenton game?????? We are allowing QB runs or running backs to run the A and B gap and we have been giving up some yardage..... Sure we are winning, beating the teams we should beat.  Then of course here we are going up against the top running team in the state that runs the ball with that massive line. Does Corbin have the personell to matchup, you better believe it....... We got some horses and mules too.....
These kids can only do what they are told to do. So the gameplan is what it all falls back on and that comes from the coaches which ultimately falls in Greers lap. I personally want to win, I want to put whoever, wherever to make the plays it takes to win the game. There is no next week. Its go time.

I am proud of our Defense, they are undefeated and have beaten some very good teams. But our defense right now will be Johnson Centrals focus.....count on it.  Next move Greers............? 

Corbins Defense........... Thats been hottest topic in the state the last few week. Im overall proud of our defense by the way,
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Bossdaddy 4115, Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2021, 08:30 PM)Gold River Wrote: Anybody got a time machine?

I wish I did
(11-13-2021, 08:30 PM)Gold River Wrote: Anybody got a time machine?
Hahahah!!! I hear ya brother
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Gold River
(11-13-2021, 08:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Honestly it comes down to Greer. He is a defensive minded coach. Last year at Johnson Central, Corbin laid a egg on defense. We gave up 384 yards rushing and 11 yards passing. We got gashed......... The edges is what really got us. I honestly about lost it after that performance. I am just a fan and I could see what was happening. I questioned everything I saw that night from a offensive perspective and a defensive perspective. Flip to 2021, so far I give our offense a A+ from that game to now. Our defense, I'll get to that ......... I am a defensive minded person. I love defense. I have talked to people all over the state and the question has been the same, what is going on with Corbins defense after the Simon Kenton game?????? We are allowing QB runs or running backs to run the A and B gap and we have been giving up some yardage..... Sure we are winning, beating the teams we should beat.  Then of course here we are going up against the top running team in the state that runs the ball with that massive line. Does Corbin have the personell to matchup, you better believe it....... We got some horses and mules too.....
These kids can only do what they are told to do. So the gameplan is what it all falls back on and that comes from the coaches which ultimately falls in Greers lap. I personally want to win, I want to put whoever, wherever to make the plays it takes to win the game. There is no next week. Its go time.

I am proud of our Defense, they are undefeated and have beaten some very good teams. But our defense right now will be Johnson Centrals focus.....count on it.  Next move Greers............? 

Corbins Defense........... Thats been hottest topic in the state the last few week. Im overall proud of our defense by the way,
You’re spot on with your statement

(11-13-2021, 08:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
Bro these videos you keep posting gets me hyped up.!!! Hope the boys see this as well !! Nice work
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
Want to know what's wrong with RPI.
Look at eastern bracket
Boyle, Corbin, JC
Compared to west bracket.

This game should be next week.
I have thought JC all year but something tells me Corbin with the homefield advantage finds a way to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2021, 09:05 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Want to know what's wrong with RPI.
Look at eastern bracket
Boyle, Corbin, JC
Compared to west bracket.

This game should be next week.
I have thought JC all year but something tells me Corbin with the homefield advantage finds a way to win.
This. If you have a pulse in the west in 4A, you have a free pass to the state semis. And a pulse is about all any of them have had since the last strong F-S team.
I'll take Johnson central in a close game.
This will be all out war!! Arguably the best game of the season for this region.

I love both teams! Good luck to the kids and I hope you play your BEST game ever!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
(11-13-2021, 05:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: First time I have picked against Corbin all year but I’ll take JC in a classic!

Jack, you are getting old lol. You picked Franklin to beat us in that matchup.....35-17. LOLOLOL. I respect your opinions though and picks. Go Boyle!!! Hopefully this want be the last time you pick against us this year LOL.  Smile

(11-13-2021, 08:10 PM)Gold River Wrote: Can’t hardly wait till Friday night

You will have to look me up pregame Gold River. Safe travels ole buddy! At least we will have some good weather so far. Unlike last year.
  • Gold River
This is a tough one. Corbin is obviously very, very good. I think it might come down to special teams. I do think the Eagles are playing inspired due to the tragedy of losing Coach Matney. Because I am an eagle to the core, JC 35, Corbin 31. The most important thing is no injuries for either team. It is a travesty this game is happening before the Semifinals at least.
[-] The following 4 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, ekywildcat, Granny Bear
(11-13-2021, 10:45 PM)Old guy Wrote: This is a tough one. Corbin is obviously very, very good. I think it might come down to special teams. I do think the Eagles are playing inspired due to the tragedy of losing Coach Matney. Because I am an eagle to the core, JC 35, Corbin 31. The most important thing is no injuries for either team. It is a travesty this game is happening before the Semifinals at least.

I have enjoyed listening to your boy this year!!!! I watch all the games on Team1prep. I get tickled because they are genuine and sometimes get sidetracked on the NFL. LOL.
  • Old guy
They are funny. I miss being young and being able to have fun like they do. Appreciate the kind words. I will let them know you enjoy them. They get some negativity, so the positivity will be welcomed. Me and my oldest might make the drive Friday…he misses playing with his teammates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
Would like to see this game. Gonna be a knock down drag out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-13-2021, 08:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Let me say that I don't blame the kids for the subpar defense we've seen in some games this season. The players can only perform to maximum levels when coaches put them in positions to succeed at those highest levels. The coaches have under -performed in that respect. If the coaches continue to put personal egos ahead of doing what it takes to maximize potential of the youngsters , then the thirty-nine year drought will become forty. That's the truth whether you like it or not Sarge and I'm just as big a fan as you are.  

Let this sink in.  Here's Sergeant Slaughter in 1982, the last time Corbin won a state title. 

[Image: https://images.collectors.com/smrweb/smr...631572.jpg]

And  Sarge  recently :

[Image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fvdfm_wjMUA/maxresdefault.jpg]

It's been too damn long. Time for the coaches to check their egos and get their heads out of a$$es and lead these deserving youngsters to a state title.
[-] The following 6 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Hound05, Sgt Slaughter, Westside
  • 1(current)
  • Next